PDA

View Full Version : camera suggestions...

voodoomagic5
04-30-2008, 12:09 PM
i love all the pics that i see here! you all seem highly knowledgable about cameras...so i thought i'd ask for help.

any suggestions for a camera to take pics of my kids. more for candids and for sporting events and for close ups. i have a point and shoot canon. but the inability to change lenses makes it limited. i'm thinking about getting a digital slr canon but not sure which one. dont even know the difference between all of them.

thanks for any info!

HoldyourfireAl
04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Welcome to Statue Forum, home of the Canon Digital Rebel XTi!

P1X4R
05-01-2008, 04:04 AM
the successor to the XTi called the XSi is out but i'd highly recommend purchasing the XTi since you'll get it for much less now. with the extra money saved you will be able to invest that over to better lenses.

for candids i'd look into a 28mm or 30mm lens, 50mm or 85mm for close ups, and for sporting events.. something in a long range like a 200mm or longer.

voodoomagic5
05-01-2008, 09:40 AM
i am gonna take the plunge! i'm on page 45 of the XTi thread and cant wait to get one! thanks for the info!

hazmatt
05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
i'm on page 45 of the XTi thread
you have a ways to go :D

When you purchase a telephoto lens, spend a few extra bucks and opt for the image stabilization (IS).

good prices, selection and very helpful. don't hesitate to call and ask 100 questions
www.bhphotovideo.com