PDA

View Full Version : Comissioning Todd McFarlane???

MMMMRitz
03-01-2005, 04:10 PM
That Ron Lim thread had me think of something. Does anyone on here have pull to comission a piece from Todd McFarlane? Or is he too high up and busy with everything hes got going on (action figures, etc)? I'd really like a big @$$ spidey piece done by him, for whatever price...

Leon
03-01-2005, 04:13 PM
his royal highness? probably too busy with his hockeyteam or whatever he's into now. :thumbsdow

Zurbaran1
03-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I would think that if he did accept a commission it would cost you major, major $$$$. You could probably do just as well seeking a commission from any one of the fabulous sculptors we have right here.

JR2
03-01-2005, 04:36 PM
his royal highness? probably too busy with his hockeyteam or whatever he's into now. :thumbsdow

Don't you mean bankruptcy? The Tony Twist ruling that went against him has really screwed him up financially.

grendelscott
03-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I don't think the bankruptcy thing is going to hurt him. It's my understanding that it's part of the process in defending yourself from such an asinine lawsuit.

JR2
03-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I don't think the bankruptcy thing is going to hurt him. It's my understanding that it's part of the process in defending yourself from such an asinine lawsuit.

I agree that it was a suit that, in my opinion, really didn't have a lot of merit.

However, he has thrown a lot of cash around on sports collectibles/memorablia that it'll be much harder to do now.

I'm still happy Diamond finally made him resolicit a year's (or so) worth of Spawn.

grendelscott
03-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I agree that it was a suit that, in my opinion, really didn't have a lot of merit.

I totally agree with that statement. If you do a little digging you can find that Tony Twist has also sued a motorcycle company for a crash that he was found to be at fault for for wrecklessness. I remember reading that he also sued another company for a similar issue. Hell, if he came to this site, he probably sue me for saying his suit is asinine.... :laugh:

galactus
03-01-2005, 10:25 PM
This was actually the second time around for this suit. Back in the late 90s, a Jury found McFarlane guilty and awarded Tony Twist about $22 Million. It was overturned, hence this second trisl/verdict. Chances are that this one will be overturned as well.