Bob Aboey
05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Taskmaster!

Period.

HalJordanFan
05-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Taskmaster!

Period.

Are you serious? Are you in the least bit familiar with Mr. Wilson?

pendragon
05-05-2008, 02:59 PM
As much as Taskmaster photographic reflexes & armory make him a formidable opponent, Deathstroke is using 90% of his brain.

That gives Deathstroke faster reflexes & strength.
Plus the ability to just about out think anyone in terms of strategy.

Even if Taskmaster manages to copy Deathstroke's moves, by the time he does, it's highly possible for Deathstroke to take him down hard.

Bob Aboey
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM

Yeah, I know that Deathstroke fought Batman to a stalemate... Blah, Blah, Blah, and the regenerative powers make him a tough kill. But I like Taskmaster, with his ability to anticipate his opponent's next move and advanced weapons skills. Deathstroke has a hotter daughter, though. The initial battle may go to Deathstroke, but the war will eventually go to Taskmaster.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Superman would beat Juggernaut... sheesh.

Tetragrammaton
05-05-2008, 03:05 PM
It would be an interesting battle, but one I'd ultimately give to Deathstroke.

Bob Aboey
05-05-2008, 03:08 PM
As much as Taskmaster photographic reflexes & armory make him a formidable opponent, Deathstroke is using 90% of his brain.

That gives Deathstroke faster reflexes & strength.
Plus the ability to just about out think anyone in terms of strategy.

Even if Taskmaster manages to copy Deathstroke's moves, by the time he does, it's highly possible for Deathstroke to take him down hard.

Yeah, but it's an inferior brain to begin with, so 90% of crap vs. 10-15% of wicked-awesomness isn't so spectacular... right? :confused2

In truth, I'd love to read a crossover story between the two. I really like them both. I think the initial call of a draw would be the most likely outcome.

Raven1014
05-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I know that Deathstroke fought Batman to a stalemate... Blah, Blah, Blah, and the regenerative powers make him a tough kill. But I like Taskmaster, with his ability to anticipate his opponent's next move and advanced weapons skills. Deathstroke has a hotter daughter, though. The initial battle may go to Deathstroke, but the war will eventually go to Taskmaster.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Superman would beat Juggernaut... sheesh.

Daethstroke didn't just fight Batman to a stalemate, he took on (and beat) most of the Justice League. I'm a huge fan of both characters, but Deathstoke is far and away the superior fighter here.

patrickwm68
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
If Moonknight could beat Taskmaster then Deathstroke will have no problem.

patrickwm68
05-05-2008, 11:47 PM

Moonknight beat Taskmaster, not the in his prime Moonknight no, it was the older shattered knee caps insane Moonknight that beat him.

VinReaper
05-06-2008, 12:25 AM
DEADPOOL beats all!!! :buttrock:

How do you guys always forget me?

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/Deadpoolite/deadpoolrocks.jpg

:D

VR

Justin
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Deathstroke for me :thumbs2:

These threads are much better with a poll i think :(

HalJordanFan
05-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Deathstroke for me :thumbs2:

These threads are much better with a poll i think :(

Of course they are! :buttrock:

MrYac
05-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Moonknight beat Taskmaster, not the in his prime Moonknight no, it was the older shattered knee caps insane Moonknight that beat him.

and squirrel girl beat dr. doom....so what. there will always be retarded wins that shouldn't happen in the world of comics, that said i still think Slade wins this one, i like TM more but Slade has a bit more going for him

RichBamf
05-06-2008, 06:46 PM

Nick, you know that doesn't matter at all! :laugh:

GoldNova
05-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I think it would be an interesting fight. But in the end, you have to go with Deathstroke. He plans everything to the last detail, and takes on the Teen Titans by himself.

Taskmaster is a wonderful character, but even he knows he can't take on the entire Avengers.

And I don't think you can use the fact that Moon Knight and Daredevil beat Taskmaster. That's just another prime example of Marvel misusing top notch characters, and leaving some of their best resources in the hands of poor writers. If Taskmaster can fight Captain America to a standstill, he should have had no problem with Moon Knight.

Sledge Hammer!
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I'd give the edge to Deathstroke, Taskmaster is a great character though.

Tetragrammaton
05-06-2008, 11:20 PM
If Taskmaster can fight Captain America to a standstill, he should have had no problem with Moon Knight.

When has Taskmaster ever really had a drawn out fight against anyone?

He usually just holds off the heroes long enough for him to sneak away.

GoldNova
05-07-2008, 10:37 AM
When has Taskmaster ever really had a drawn out fight against anyone?

He usually just holds off the heroes long enough for him to sneak away.

I'm fairly certain there was a prolonged battle between Cap and Taskmaster. A situation wherein Taskmaster wanted to salt his reputation by taking out Cap. As usual, the fight was interrupted with nothing resolved. Maybe someone can back me up with the issue. (I'm too lazy to dig through back issues.)

TheJoker
05-07-2008, 10:47 AM
it all comes down to do who is writing the story.... but Deathstroke would probably be win.... but you have to remember green arrow beat deathstroke... isnt that like the equivalent to moonknight beating taskmaster??

Raven1014
05-07-2008, 10:59 AM
it all comes down to do who is writing the story.... but Deathstroke would probably be win.... but you have to remember green arrow beat deathstroke... isnt that like the equivalent to moonknight beating taskmaster??

Wasn't so much that Green Arrow beat him as much as he stopped him. Same thing as saying spider-Man beat Juggernaut, when he just slowed him down. I'm assuming when we are talking about who can beat who that it's a one on one battle with the with one person winning when he either knocks out or kills the other person.

patrickwm68
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
http://comiconart.com/images/Commissions/041608/JL_DeathTask.jpg

moon_knight1971
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
That's an awesome page Patrick. Is that yours or from the internet?

patrickwm68
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM

I wish it was mine.

By coincidence I just happened to see it a little while ago on http://comiconart.com/index.html , the artist is Jose Luis

Raven1014
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM

It's actually mine. Had it commissioned a few months ago.

moon_knight1971
05-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Awesome piece! Congrats!:buttrock:

touche22
05-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I saw that piece at comiconart.com too. I had asked Court about it since at the time it show as "on hold" and not "sold" (I got a Ms. Marvel page instead.). Congrats on a great looking piece!

Tetragrammaton
05-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I keep hoping for Marvel to do more with Taskmaster. So far, his few appearances in Avengers: Initiative are encouraging, but I'm hoping he ends up with another limited series or ongoing.

The Dark Knight
05-09-2008, 01:21 PM

No, He surrendered to Green Arrow on purpose to reach a assassin in jail. And Green Arrow came with all of the police department of the city including Swat team to catch him. (i think they even called for millitary support, i don't have the issues with me right now) They all surrounded him but none of them found it in himself to come close to Deathstroke so they made him get butt naked to be sure he had no weapon before come close to arrest him. he had a giant smile on his face the whole time. And Later he killed a officer with a table in the interrogation room. :D

The Dark Knight
05-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Wow... this's the moment that all the bad assness in the universe gathered in one point. Put the Hawkman back there and this cover can jump and bite your head off.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/res/unprocessed/fullsize/B3418008.JPG

Tetragrammaton
05-06-2019, 11:56 AM
Bump.

http://i63.tinypic.com/255kvg0.jpg

Mister H
05-06-2019, 12:55 PM
Two similar bad dudes with similar color concepts, who came out at close to the same time. Love both but I'd have to go with Slade.

Tetragrammaton
05-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Taskmaster (first appearance The Avengers vol I, May 1980) created by David Michelinie and George Pérez

Deathstroke the Terminator (first appearance New Teen Titans vol I, December 1980) created by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez

http://i67.tinypic.com/zu40m0.jpg

I loved both these guys back in the day.

The Dark Knight
05-06-2019, 01:31 PM
I have never read anything with Taskmaster in it so i have no attacment to the character... Slade on the other hand is my man. :buttrock:

Tushar
05-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Hmm, why does my brain always side in these debates with the less favorite character? Love Daredevil more, but I say he loses to Deathstroke. Love Deathstroke more, but I think Taskmaster is one of the handful of fighters who can take him down.

wktf
05-11-2019, 12:06 AM
Taskmaster’s photographic reflexes do not give him superhuman strength, speed or agility. He should not be able to keep up with Slade. Slade should clean his clock.

Tetragrammaton
05-11-2019, 01:01 AM
Taskmaster also has the ability to predict the movements of opponents he has studied. So, even, if he isn't as fast as Slade, he can still dodge and counter most of his attacks.

Taskmaster does't get the respect he deserves in most books. However, against Deathstroke, I do think he is a little out of his league.

wktf
05-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Taskmaster also has the ability to predict the movements of opponents he has studied. So, even, if he isn't as fast as Slade, he can still dodge and counter most of his attacks.

Taskmaster does't get the respect he deserves in most books. However, against Deathstroke, I do think he is a little out of his league.

I do get that, but if his opponent’s speed is superhuman even by anticipating and predicting movements he still, likely, can’t outmaneuver an opponents with superior speed.

I agree Taskmaster doesn’t get the respect he deserves. He’s a great and really scary villain who’s never seemed to rise beyond B-level. But against foes like Spider-Man, Captain America or Slade, all of whom possess strength, endurance, agility and speed far greater than a normal or even superior fit human, Taskmaster should be overpowered.

FJC
05-21-2019, 11:10 AM
Slade, all day. Superhuman strength, agility, and speed, coupled with a healing factor makes him too much to handle for Taskmaster.