PDA

View Full Version : Fanboy influences on your pets' names

Batwing
05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
When I was 12, I loved the X-Men and named my dog "Sprite," although some people thought it was because of the soft drink.

What fan boy influenced names have you given your pets?

And what are some choices you'd consider?

If I had a big dog, I'd consider:
* Aragorn
* Thor
* Chewie

If I had a small dog, I'd consider:
* Short Round
* Bilbo
* Artoo

Blueprint
05-05-2008, 10:50 PM
None that I can think of, although I absolutely hate my dog's name. You see I named the cat when we first got it, but when we got the dog...she said that she gets to choose the name.

Now, my puppy is a female pug mind you. She named the dog "Mojo". Now, all Transformers references aside...isn't that a name for a boy dog???

Teague
05-05-2008, 11:15 PM
I named my yellow lab "Baldur" for the norse God. He was a good dog. I kept him away from mistletoe. :thumbs2:

I wanted to get one big dog and one little dog and name the big one Fafhrd and the little one Gray Mouser. (Better for a big dog and a cat, I understand, but I'm allregic...)

My dog now is named Callie, but that's short for Kal-El. I was wanting Krypto, but she wasn't white, and my daughters outvoted me. :thumbs2:

BoloMusashi
05-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I was originally going to name my lab "Lando" but opted for "Oskar" instead.

Hellboy
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
The last pet I had was a black & white cat that I named Grendel after the Matt Wagner character. If I was to get another animal I would definitely use another "fanboy influenced" name.

armitage
05-06-2008, 03:16 AM
I named my parrot chim chim.
One day he got out of his cage and flew into the sliding glass patio door and died after two days.

HalJordanFan
05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
I had a Weimaraner named Blade.

Jesse321
05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
My cats names are Deanna, Odo and Kes, and my dogs name is Katara. :)

IronFist
05-06-2008, 07:50 AM
I inherited a cat named Carmen, named for Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.

JDH
05-06-2008, 07:55 AM
I named my black cat Felicia when I was 10, and we also (all too briefly) had a tigerstripe named Zabu. I had a gerbil called Snoopy.:)