PDA

View Full Version : Babies Thrown Off 50ft Tower For Good Luck

patrickwm68
05-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Now I've seen everything. Don't worry, somehow they don't get hurt.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vBKKChbUJKo&feature=related

pablocruze
05-06-2008, 12:36 AM
That's what I did with my kids...doesn't everybody??? :confused:

CocoPUFF
05-06-2008, 01:29 AM
bunch of crazies!

Ink
05-06-2008, 07:38 AM
wtf :peoples:

Jesse321
05-06-2008, 10:00 AM
SO what will it take to stop this? One of the babies necks snapping?

While I'm not one to question other people's cultures, there are some "traditions" that are just INSANE!! :mad:

adee
05-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I saw this on the news. So crazy.

risingstar
05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
While I realize there are some forum members who are all for superstitions (which is their right) and believe people should be lynched for merely thinking that any cultural or religious order or belief should ever be questioned (again, which is also their right to believe in our free thinking society), I'll just say this...

protector2814
05-06-2008, 05:11 PM
That's what I did with my kids...doesn't everybody??? :confused:
:laugh: You beat me to it. Who hasn't tossed their kid off a tower.

albeeman
05-07-2008, 03:29 AM
WOW! thats really interesting.

looks like theyve been doin it awhile..

hellboydce
05-07-2008, 07:33 AM
f*****g idiots, what century is this again!!!!

scott
05-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Just wait till Michael Jackson finds out about this.

armitage
05-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Just because you can throw your kid off a tower or feed them to alligators, or set them on fire, or use them as a door jam, stick them in a bucket of water in the freezer,or drive with them tied to your bumper
doesn't mean you should.

Collection King 13
05-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Why are you guys calling these people idiots and crazy? Its just a part of their culture/religion... they have been doing it for years and now you guys want to give them sh!t about it... please...

biglebowski9999
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Slavery was a big part of our culture (and many others) for 200+ years, too...

CessnaDriver
05-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Why are you guys calling these people idiots and crazy? Its just a part of their culture/religion... they have been doing it for years and now you guys want to give them sh!t about it... please...

It's wacky, but then again so is snipping the tips off of babies penises for no good reason.

be sensible!...stick to Yak Shaving Day folks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBJIP9wci4

boondocksaint
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
ridiculous,,,

biglebowski9999
05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
It's wacky, but then again so is snipping the tips off of babies penises for no good reason.

Or you could try googling the word 'circumcision' to find that there are numerous medical benefits instead of making a very poor analogy.

CessnaDriver
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Or you could try googling the word 'circumcision' to find that there are numerous medical benefits instead of making a very poor analogy.

It is clearly done more for ritual then benefit in the US. Most nations are not donig this.

Perhaps there is a benefit to tossing kids off the building too. Enhanced brain activity and growth because of adrenalin rush.
You can find benefits to a lot of things if you look hard enough.

They are both whacky things to do in my opinion.

VinReaper
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.maxbashing.com/forum/images/smilies/wtf.gif

And we feed their poor! Why?

VR

VinReaper
05-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Here is Micheal doing the same thing!! :peoples: :banghead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38494000/jpg/_38494549_jackson_afp.jpg

VR

CessnaDriver
05-07-2008, 08:05 PM

VR

I woudn't over react.
That is a small part of a very large and diverse nation.
Look at our cults in this nation recently with kids endangered.

VinReaper
05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
I woudn't over react.
That is a small part of a very large and diverse nation.
Look at our cults in this nation recently with kids endangered.

No! I hear ya! And not over reacting! Just good old poking fun at lunacy!

But I think there should be some common sense police somewhere to deal with it. LOL!

:D

VR

CessnaDriver
05-07-2008, 08:08 PM
No! I hear ya! And not over reacting! Just good old poking fun at lunacy!

But I think there should be some common sense police somewhere to deal with it. LOL!

VR

Or at least give the babies capes! ;)

VinReaper
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Or at least give the babies capes! ;)

:laugh:

Or have them hold an egg as a science project, so as not to break it when thrown from a rooftop!

That's the answer to the eighth grade science class riddle. :thumbs2: :D

VR

biglebowski9999
05-07-2008, 08:51 PM
It is clearly done more for ritual then benefit in the US. Most nations are not donig this.

Perhaps there is a benefit to tossing kids off the building too. Enhanced brain activity and growth because of adrenalin rush.
You can find benefits to a lot of things if you look hard enough.

They are both whacky things to do in my opinion.

(from WebMD)

-A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.
-A reduced risk of sexually transmitted diseases in men.
-Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
-Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
-Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Yep, no benefits there that I can see. Just a crazy ritual. Time to cut your losses on this one I think rather than digging yourself any deeper.

biglebowski9999
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Here is Micheal doing the same thing!! :peoples: :banghead:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38494000/jpg/_38494549_jackson_afp.jpg

VR

:laugh:

hellboydce
05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
(from WebMD)

-Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.
-Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).
-Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Yep, no benefits there that I can see. Just a crazy ritual. Time to cut your losses on this one I think rather than digging yourself any deeper.

you forgot to mention loss of sensitivity during sex :)

biglebowski9999
05-07-2008, 09:40 PM
you forgot to mention loss of sensitivity during sex :)

Great point! Let's outlaw condoms while we're at it...those things suck and decrease sensitivity, too. :rolleyes:

I never said there were no drawbacks, but if that is more important than potentially getting Cancer, be my guest...

And how would you notice if you were snipped as a toddler?:confused:

Meta Jon
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
The babies probably don't feel all that lucky as their going down :mad:

CessnaDriver
05-08-2008, 03:19 AM
(from WebMD)

I guess a baby boy out of the womb is broken and we need to fix him.

sure, removing womens breasts will cut breast cancer to zero as well.

How about simply regular hygiene? You'll find that solves some of those problems nicely too.

does the odds of those things justify removing body parts? what else should we remove pre-emptively?

Maybe in Africa where aids is rampant and few listen to preventative advice it makes sense.

The origins of circumcision are far from based on modern medical science.
It came from pure ritual. Can statistics make a case? sure. But statistics can cut the other way too. No pun intended.

An actual Doctors take....
http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/9985.html

And yeah, I bet if millions of kids had been tossed off buildings and we had massive databases on their health we could find some benefit there somewhere.
Maybe they would grow up more athletic minded, or who knows what. Data can produce all kinds of patterns sometimes. Conflicting often.

The best reason was given on Southpark. Makes it look bigger. LOL

risingstar
05-08-2008, 05:54 AM
All this to say that let's just hope that should you be unfortunate enough to get a urinary tract infection, your doctor doesn't say that a circumcision could have prevented it.

Davidian
05-08-2008, 06:29 AM
Wow this thread got way off track....lol

CocoPUFF
05-08-2008, 11:57 AM

be sensible!...stick to Yak Shaving Day folks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGBJIP9wci4

Im circumsised (or however u spell it)! Its not crazy! I guess everyone ie entitled to their opinion, but sex is noice!! and chicks dig it!:thumbs2: How can that be crazy???

endsongjen
05-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Wow this thread got way off track....lol

right!? wth. LOL

biglebowski9999
05-08-2008, 03:37 PM
An actual Doctors take....
http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/408/9985.html

After reading that, I am convinced I would rather have Dr. Nick Riviera from The Simpsons perform surgery on me than this quack.

The best reason was given on Southpark. Makes it look bigger. LOL

There you go...do you need any other reasons?! :laugh:

VinReaper
05-08-2008, 03:51 PM
After reading that, I am convinced I would rather have Dr. Nick Riviera from The Simpsons perform surgery on me than this quack.

There you go...do you need any other reasons?! :laugh:

Here he is for you! :thumbs2:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/Dr_Nick.png/363px-Dr_Nick.png

VR

CessnaDriver
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe they are secretly trying to find the one that flies away...

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/CessnaDriver/IQJCA7SW3K6CAVBE07TCAQYW9PQCAGI0XFT.jpg

Jesse321
05-08-2008, 04:22 PM
You know ... I know that VERY few .. if any ... threads EVER stay on topic on this forum ... but how in HELL did this topic deviate SO much. :eek:

VinReaper
05-08-2008, 04:28 PM
There should be somebody up top yelling pull and and have Skeet shooters at the bottom with shotguns. If they make it all the way down they may even be extra lucky!

Also if you sold the tickets to the shooters you can raise money for the surviving kids' college funds!

See always thinking! :thumbs2:

VR

endsongjen
05-08-2008, 04:48 PM

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/CessnaDriver/IQJCA7SW3K6CAVBE07TCAQYW9PQCAGI0XFT.jpg

aawww i want one!! can i have him? is he urs?

CessnaDriver
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
aawww i want one!! can i have him? is he urs?

nope, some random kid pic I found to crack the joke.
Though he does have that "I'm Superman" look on his face.

biglebowski9999
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Here he is for you! :thumbs2:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/Dr_Nick.png/363px-Dr_Nick.png

VR

Hi Everybody!

biglebowski9999
05-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Kid looks mad...maybe he just got clipped? :laugh:

hellboydce
05-08-2008, 06:05 PM
man that kid has some wrinkles

endsongjen
05-08-2008, 06:10 PM
nope, some random kid pic I found to crack the joke.
Though he does have that "I'm Superman" look on his face.

awww he does! cutie

Foord
05-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks mad because he just got thrown of a frickin' tower.

Vracula
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
f*****g idiots, what century is this again!!!!

hey buddy go easy ,im indian ,some traditions are ridiculous but they are based on beleifs based on centuries so for you to call them idiots is ignorant and not warranted,I dont even want to start with what your country and your queen has done to us over 2 centuries.no one wants to put their kids in harms way but they honestly believe it will bless their children easier to make fun of someones faith than have one yourself think of that next time before spouting your abuses.I understand the shock treatment you guys have received from this video but insulting and making fun of someones traditions is not funny unless its south park :-)

Vracula
05-13-2008, 07:35 PM

VR

no your country doesn't feed our poor by the way ,whichever country your from!if they do feed our poor i guarantee we pay for it.

Vracula
05-13-2008, 07:36 PM
honestly i expected something better from some people on this forum,obviously i was wrong although thanks to some people who actually have some intelligence left.

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 08:34 PM
no your country doesn't feed our poor by the way ,whichever country your from!if they do feed our poor i guarantee we pay for it.

honestly i expected something better from some people on this forum,obviously i was wrong although thanks to some people who actually have some intelligence left.

That is a vast understatement. My family share the land you must be from and we speak of. Yes, my mother is from the northern part of Southeast Asia. And I am an American that realizes that a lot of funds go to them to help feed, cloth and educate people their in need. If it didn't some of my distant relatives would have anything. So please refrain from assuming that I am just speaking from hearsay.

As for being unintelligent, another understatement.

But I do apologize for stating my first opinion bluntly with out posting my reason for saying it. That was a definite mistake on my part and for that I again apologize. But I still stick to my thoughts of why we do.

VR

Vracula
05-13-2008, 08:39 PM
That is a vast understatement. My family share the land you must be from and we speak of. Yes, my mother is from the northern part of Southeast Asia. And I am an American that realizes that a lot of funds go to them to help feed, cloth and educate people their in need. If it didn't some of my distant relatives would have anything. So please refrain from assuming that I am just speaking from hearsay.

As for being unintelligent, another understatement.

But I do apologize for stating my first opinion bluntly with out posting my reason for saying it. That was a definite mistake on my part and for that I again apologize. But I still stick to my thoughts of why we do.

VR

where are your parents from and what part of india are you speaking of? if your family does donate money than i thank you but it still doesnt give you the right to question the beliefs of the people of my country or poke fun at them.Im sure your parents will have more respect for traditions of that part than you do.

boondocksaint
05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
i dont care where youre from(not you Vrac speaking in general) or what youre beliefs are (not you vrac in speaking in general) this is just insane...im sorry if that sounds ignorant it just is...IMO :thumbs2:

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 08:52 PM
where are your parents from and what part of india are you talking of.

My mother's family is from Myanmar (Burma) and had to movie into India for a time because of their regime. Then moved back to be with other family and now some are missing after the storm. All through their lives if it weren't for some others working hard here they would have nothing. Government aide has helped them many time as well. And it was not India's, Burma's or anyone other government that helped them, only the American government and organization have. I am lucky that I am quite removed from all that because I was born and raised here, but I still help them over there as much as I can, as does my mother who is her and her sisters, my aunts. As for where they are, they are spread across the area, from Calcutta to Northern Burma!

VR

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:06 PM
i dont care where youre from(not you Vrac speaking in general) or what youre beliefs are (not you vrac in speaking in general) this is just insane...im sorry if that sounds ignorant it just is...IMO :thumbs2:

this is the first time i have seen it myself to be honest i have heard of it before,this happens in a rural area of the state i live in i live in Mumbai ,it suppsoedly has been going on for the last 500 years,but here is the best part people from all religions come to this place to get it done not only muslims and thats whats important in a country like india with so many religions its ages old tradition than brings us together and that my friend is not insane its beautiful.

boondocksaint
05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
you know now that you say it like that..flinging babies off a roof does sound pretty beautiful...

in all seriousness...you think its beautiful i think its insane..i wouldnt say youre wrong for thinking that ...please dont tell me im wrong for having my opinion

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
My mother's family is from Myanmar (Burma) and had to movie into India for a time because of their regime. Then moved back to be with other family and now some are missing after the storm. All through their lives if it weren't for some others working hard here they would have nothing. Government aide has helped them many time as well. And it was not India's, Burma's or anyone other government that helped them, only the American government and organization have. I am lucky that I am quite removed from all that because I was born and raised here, but I still help them over there as much as I can, as does my mother who is her and her sisters, my aunts. As for where they are, they are spread across the area, from Calcutta to Northern Burma!

VR

India has sent them relief supplies by the way and burma is not part of india!That is in no way undermining americas efforts when people are affected by natural disasters or despots but thats another matter.

" only the American government and organization have" !that is wrong!!many other countries have.trust CNN and Fox to give you the news and thats what you end up with!

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:15 PM
you know now that you say it like that..flinging babies off a roof does sound pretty beautiful...

in all seriousness...you think its beautiful i think its insane..i wouldnt say youre wrong for thinking that ...please dont tell me im wrong for having my opinion
i never said you are wrong im not trying to force beleif's on you ,Im not here to convert people im here to show you a different point of view differant than what is aired on news channels its up to you what you do with it.:).what people see in the video is a bunch of crazies i see a hindus and muslims together and that is priceless for me.

boondocksaint
05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
i hear ya...

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:24 PM
i hear ya...

and plus "thats just insane" is much more tastefull than F^&kin idiots dont you think LOL!

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
India has sent them relief supplies by the way and burma is not part of india!That is in no way undermining americas efforts when people are affected by natural disasters or despots but thats another matter.

" only the American government and organization have" !that is wrong!!many other countries have.trust CNN and Fox to give you the news and thats what you end up with!

I know other countries have aided and I know Burma is not India. I just am stating what this country has done for my family. Not breaking down the expenditure budgets per country on relief funds. But, it has been from this country that resources were alloted to me to aid my family while they were in India, because they couldn't be helped by the existing government their for too many reason to list.

I don't want to have to keep defending my belief, because in short, I don't have too. I am just saying that my original statement didn't come from someone that is not in tune with the facts of the are which we were speaking. Nonetheless I respect your opinion and you I hope respect mine. They are opinions and that's all they are or ever will be.

But it is nice to know that though were are separate in some thought and in location. The world is a small place if we can share these ideas with each other on a forum that allows us to do so. And bring together two person with somewhat similar backgrounds and have different perspectives from halfway around the world. This alone may be proof that there is hope for all of us! :thumbs2:

Back to the Marvel Universe! :D

VR

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 09:27 PM
i never said you are wrong im not trying to force beleif's on you ,Im not here to convert people im here to show you a different point of view differant than what is aired on news channels its up to you what you do with it.:).what people see in the video is a bunch of crazies i see a hindus and muslims together and that is priceless for me.

Hey there maybe be some Buddhists and Catholics in there too! :D

VR

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:35 PM
I know other countries have aided and I know Burma is not India. I just am stating what this country has done for my family. Not breaking down the expenditure budgets per country on relief funds. But, it has been from this country that resources were alloted to me to aid my family while they were in India, because they couldn't be helped by the existing government their for too many reason to list.

I don't want to have to keep defending my belief, because in short, I don't have too. I am just saying that my original statement didn't come from someone that is not in tune with the facts of the are which we were speaking. Nonetheless I respect your opinion and you I hope respect mine. They are opinions and that's all they are or ever will be.

But it is nice to know that though were are separate in some thought and in location. The world is a small place if we can share these ideas with each other on a forum that allows us to do so. And bring together two person with somewhat similar backgrounds and have different perspectives from halfway around the world. This alone may be proof that there is hope for all of us! :thumbs2:

Back to the Marvel Universe! :D

VR

amen to that!

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey there maybe be some Buddhists and Catholics in there too! :D

VR

probably is,me being catholic i used to go for lot of hindu and muslim festivals,man the food at those places ,god you used to feel like a king !!!!!like in any country its always the politics to blame for social unrest.we only have ourselves to blame for that .

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM
probably is,me being catholic i used to go for lot of hindu and muslim festivals,man the food at those places ,god you used to feel like a king !!!!!like in any country its always the politics to blame for social unrest.we only have ourselves to blame for that .

I agree!

I was just the best man in an Indian Wedding. It was amazing. The parents of the bride are from Goa and the groom is an Irishmen. The night before the wedding, at the Roce, the food was to die for. I ate way too much and the wedding reception the dancing was awesome. They were Catholic being from Southern India and all the Portuguese influence. So the ceremony was in a Catholic church, which I am as well. (And so is my mother,she converted when she was a young adult; and the rest f my family is budhhist.) And all the other ceremonial events were in a traditional Indian format. It was fantastic! :buttrock:

VR

Vracula
05-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I agree!

I was just the best man in an Indian Wedding. It was amazing. The parents of the bride are from Goa and the groom is an Irishmen. The night before the wedding, at the Roce, the food was to die for. I ate way too much and the wedding reception the dancing was awesome. They were Catholic being from Southern India and all the Portuguese influence. So the ceremony was in a Catholic church, which I am as well. (And so is my mother,she converted when she was a young adult; and the rest f my family is budhhist.) And all the other ceremonial events were in a traditional Indian format. It was fantastic! :buttrock:

VR

yeah im from goa as well i can definitely ,yeah rose is crazy !LOL!its a good excuse to pour stinky stuff over people.LOL!:) onion juice ,eggs,fish water..

VinReaper
05-13-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah im from goa as well i can definitely ,yeah rose is crazy !LOL!its a good excuse to pour stinky stuff over people.LOL!:) onion juice ,eggs,fish water..

They refrained from it and we all showered the Bride and groom in Coconut milk!!! A lot of fun!!!

And then I drank King Fishers until I went blind! :laugh:

VR