PDA

View Full Version : George Perez

Tattoo-X
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Anyone ever get a George Perez sketch done at a convention?

MONSTER
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Sure have. Last year I got a Vision sketch at the San Diego Comic Con (cost me $100 donation to ACTOR) and a few years back I got a Thor and a Scarlet Witch when he was donating his time to CBLDF.

Perna
03-04-2005, 11:53 AM
I wish.

Tattoo-X
03-04-2005, 12:05 PM
I was just wondering what he did and what he charges.
His art rep told me this:

I am sorry, but Goegre will not have time to do the commission from home. As for at conventions, he does not do two character pieces and rarely does full body pieces.

I was going to ask for a special piece. Can't say here because it was going to be for my wife. I guess I'll have to find another artist between now and SDCC.

MONSTER
03-04-2005, 12:09 PM
George is very tough to get a commission from. At conventions he usually only does sketches at booths like ACTOR and CBLDF where he donates the money to them.

George is a great guy but it does take some work to get a commission form him. Its well worth it though.

mwf6171
03-04-2005, 01:50 PM
My LCS has some concept pages of the Sachs and Violens(I think that is how you spell it). Not familiar with the characters................

marvelboi77
03-05-2005, 01:10 PM
George is not hard to get commissions from at all.... When ever he is at a convention that I want to go to. I get there depending on the size of convention at least 2 hours early. I already know where he will be and bamm...first in line. George charges $65 for head sketches and because he can't put in the time he want on full figures he will not do them there. Although evertime I have seen him he will take full figure sketches and do them in his hotel room that night and bring them back the next day. Full figures are $150 a piece. So if you have 3 characters on the page it's $450.

galactus
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
George is not hard to get commissions from at all.... When ever he is at a convention that I want to go to. I get there depending on the size of convention at least 2 hours early. I already know where he will be and bamm...first in line. George charges $65 for head sketches and because he can't put in the time he want on full figures he will not do them there. Although evertime I have seen him he will take full figure sketches and do them in his hotel room that night and bring them back the next day. Full figures are $150 a piece. So if you have 3 characters on the page it's $450.

Well, it seems like George hasn't changed his prices in a while. I got this one about 3 years ago for $195, $65 per head as you said. I was the first person on is sketch list, and I think he did about 5 or 6 over the weekend.

Perna
03-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, it seems like George hasn't changed his prices in a while. I got this one about 3 years ago for $195, $65 per head as you said. I was the first person on is sketch list, and I think he did about 5 or 6 over the weekend.
Nice!

MONSTER
03-05-2005, 01:28 PM

That's nice G!

I am trying to complete my favorite avengers lineup so I am still in need of the following by George:

Captain America
Iron Man
Hawkeye

sketch515
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
i've gotten a few pieces from george through the years, i got a beast head sketch from him when he worked at crossgen for nothing. and a thanos w/ the infinte gauntlet for 35 one year at actor and this year we got a spiderman, nightcrawler, wonderwoman and another thanos w/ gauntlet for 50 each.

insomniac
03-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Anyone ever get a George Perez sketch done at a convention?

I waited for 2 hours at the Toronto convention last year and got to 2nd in line before I had to leave to catch my flight home. :bawling:

cyberpunk12
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
I managed to get a Perez sketch several years ago at the Heroes Convention in Charlotte, NC, when I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Again, he was sketching for a local charity (children with burn injuries, I believe) and it was announced during the show. A full figure pencil sketch was $50 and he was swarmed with requests. I was one of the first few people in line and commissioned him to draw the Scarlet Witch.

I forget how much, but it seems he was charging $25 more to have it inked. Since he was so swamped and was having to rush a bit to meet demand, I opted to have another inker handle the sketch... Wade Von Grawbadger. The pencils were a bit rough, so some of its patented Perez-ish facial qualities were lost in the inking... but it's still a fave. I'll post a pic later.

George Perez has to be one of the best in the biz when it comes to charity work. He used to be a staple at the Heroes shows, but hasn't made it in recent years. He's a great guy, always friendly, and one of the most talented artists to ever work in comics.

Tattoo-X
03-07-2005, 05:39 PM
I waited for 2 hours at the Toronto convention last year and got to 2nd in line before I had to leave to catch my flight home. :bawling:
Man, that sux.
George is going to be at SDCC and the Portland show in Oct.
I'd like him to do a sketch for my 10th Wedding Anniversary. I can say that since my wife figured that much out. Anyway, the Oct. show will be too late. I think George will be the best for my idea, but I'm worried about not being able to catch him in time at SDCC. I'll have plenty of time in Portland, so I may think of somehthing else to have done. Maybe another Spider-Woman. :eplus2:

marvelboi77
03-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh hell no.....

Tattoo-X
03-07-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm thinking Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel. :eplus2:

cyberpunk12
03-07-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay... several years ago was actually 11 YEARS AGO. Man, how time flies. Anyway, this is the Scarlet Witch sketch I mentioned earlier:

Tattoo-X
04-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Maybe I'll get Spider-Woman and Spider-Woman II to help promote my SW2 campaign.;)

marvelboi77
04-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Maybe I'll get Spider-Woman and Spider-Woman II to help promote my SW2 campaign.;)
That's cool, next time his agent opens up requests, I want a Spider-Woman vs. Spider-Woman

Tattoo-X
04-18-2005, 10:43 PM
That's cool, next time his agent opens up requests, I want a Spider-Woman vs. Spider-Woman
That's kinda of what I was thinking, but I think my wife will kill me at the price George will probably charge.
I may get headshots of two or three characters instead.

sketch515
04-18-2005, 10:48 PM
yeah i've gotten like four head sketches from george over the years. you can see them at comicartfans.com (http://) the gallery for tony kordos

marvelboi77
04-18-2005, 10:50 PM
That's kinda of what I was thinking, but I think my wife will kill me at the price George will probably charge.
I may get headshots of two or three characters instead.
He won't do to characters on a page at cons, he says he can't do it justice for the $300 you have to spend. He will only do full figures if he can do them at night in his hotel. But his head sketches are great at $50

Aarrgghh!!
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Hope to get a Captain America Head sketch in the front of my JLA/Avengers HC at Pitts Con. Maybe next year get Superman in the back. Maybe.

Tattoo-X
05-25-2006, 03:56 AM
I'm thinking Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel. :eplus2:
Or maybe Beast or Tigra.

Immovable Blob
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
George Perez, Got to go with Wonder Woman. It's great that such a big figure as Perez should still be doing sketches. :buttrock:

Meteor Man
05-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Man....... :redface: How I'd love to have George Perez do some pencil and ink drawings of my favorite characters for me...... :banghead: I'm sure it'll never happen though. I'd also love to have Dale Keown do a pencil and inks of the Galaxy Trio, and of the Herculoids!!!!! John Byrne would also be one I'd love to have some original pencil and inks laid down by.....Ah well...........

Tattoo-X
05-25-2006, 06:59 PM
George Perez, Got to go with Wonder Woman. It's great that such a big figure as Perez should still be doing sketches. :buttrock:
Yeah, but I gotta go with Marvel.