PDA

View Full Version : need major lessons on painting

jory REX
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
i really want to start learning how to paint/repaint busts, statues etc. i was wondering if you can point me to the right direction. i dont know where to start.

first, how do i make smooth, even painting on large areas? do i need to buy an air brush? whats a good brand? any good instructional book?

if the statue is prepainted and i want to customize it, how do i remove the paint from original figure or statue?

how bout the paints? what do i buy (acrylic??)? where do i buy them? how bout chroming?

what about highlights, how do i do that?

do i use the same paints and techniques for polystone, resin, and vinyls? i plan on practicing on vinyls first cuz those figures are cheaper before i head to polystone and resins.

can you list the process for me?

these are just some questions to get me started. im sure i have plenty more, i just dont know em yet. would really appreciate some response from the many experts here at the forum

'Nuff
05-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Go to the painter's corner...Good tutorials there..:thumbs2:

jory REX
05-20-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah, i've been reading those but none really covers the basics. these questions are for literally beginners.
people who do not know where to start.

'Nuff
05-20-2008, 10:27 PM
My bad...I don't know how advanced you are...

jory REX
05-20-2008, 10:28 PM
yeah, im basically at the starting line :D

cyberpunk12
05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
Rex- If you can swing it, Wonderfest University is just what you need. I went last year with ZERO experience. I came home with an airbrush, compressor, paint, and a bust I painted myself. Getting instruction and advice from Danno, Rick, Saul, Dan, and Tom was awesome. :thumbs2:

If the class hasn't filled up, it's easily worth the cost... with a great show for a backdrop. There are how-to sessions and demos all weekend. I won't get to go back this year, but I do have my sights on 2009.

jory REX
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
can you pm me info bro

Jesse321
05-21-2008, 07:36 AM
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=68839