PDA

View Full Version : Green Arrow & Black Canary Vs. Daredevil & Elektra

Eye of Agamotto
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Green Arrow & Black Canary Vs. Daredevil & Elektra

bat_collector
05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
wow, I have no idea how a sonic scream affects daredevil. But I would love to see this fight!

I go with my dc peeps for no reason what so ever.

Quicksilver
05-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Great match-up...I cant even decide

cougartrace
05-21-2008, 04:56 PM
easy DD and Elektra..

Quicksilver
05-21-2008, 05:36 PM
easy DD and Elektra..

How would it be so easy? One Canary cry and DD/Elektra are on the ground KO'd

JLM
05-21-2008, 05:37 PM
wow, I have no idea how a sonic scream affects daredevil. But I would love to see this fight!

I'd have thought that DD would be particularly vulnerable to a sonic based attack. I don't know much about Black Canary, but how long can she sustain the scream for? Would it be enough to take DD out altogether? Can she scream and defend herself against another assailant at the same time?

I'd say that if they get Canary out of the way quickly, DD and Elektra. Otherwise, much harder to call.

cougartrace
05-21-2008, 05:57 PM
How would it be so easy? One Canary cry and DD/Elektra are on the ground KO'd

thats the problem we wouldn't know if DD is affected by Black Canary's cry.

I still go with DD taking out Black Canary before she knows what hit her..the rest is history

bat_collector
05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
black canary and green arrow are no slouches in self defense, kitty

Alex655321
05-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Daredevil / Elektra

Sledge Hammer!
05-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Black Canary is far from just a canary cry and fishnets, she's seen as one of the greatest hand to hand/martial arts fighters in the DCU, on the same level as Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva and Batman, as such I don't think Elektra would take her down so easily at all. I also imagine that Daredevil would be massively vulnerable to her Sonic Scream, something she can sustain as long as she needs to, or until she needs to take another breath at least.

Black Canary was trained by the same sensei as Lady Shiva, and later went through the very same harsh and violent training that turned Shiva into a killer and master assassin, in the remote South-East Asian training village, under the ever watchful eye of the one they called "Mother", the old woman who covertly ran the place with an iron fist. She was to be Shiva's replacement, chosen by Lady Shiva herself, however Canary walked away after violently taking down a local Warlord and his entire army singlehandedly, savagely wounding or killing all the men who had been sent to utterly destroy the village (as part of a set up by Mother, one of the final tests in the training to teach her 'killing for a purpose').

Also, let's not forget that she was made leader of the new JLA, both for her on field combat skills and strategic mind, as well as for her strong teamwork and leadership abilities. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman unanimously chose Black Canary to lead this new version of the JLA.

As for Green Arrow, he's more than just a bow and arrow too these days, having trained extensively with one of the sensei that taught Deathstroke. That said, hand-to-hand he'd still be the weakest of the four, but he wouldn't start out unarmed, nor would he be a pushover, so who knows.

I'd say Black Canary and Green Arrow win, that's if Green Arrow could keep in the game long enough to allow Black Canary to take down Elektra and Daredevil one at a time, which he should be able to do. Canary is a match for either Daredevil or Elektra physically, and has a perfect way of taking down, or at least severely weakening and disorientating Daredevil.

So that makes the advantage overall Black Canary and Green Arrow's in my book. I pick them because I can at least see a strategy and a way how they could possibly win, that said, it'd still be a damn close match up, and could concievably go either way.

Quicksilver
05-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah I love DD and Elektra but Ollie and Dinah get my vote here...

protector2814
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Great idea for a cross-book.
I just finished a Moon Knight (#13, 1st series) where DD is at a real disadvantage and in pain while fighting in a pinball arcade do to all the noise. If Black Canary really opened up, he'd be out for the count. Black Widow is the bad-a$$ I'd be concerned about if I were the DC couple. If Ollie couldn't pin her down quickly, she'd shoot 'em both down. Winners - GA & BC

HalJordanFan
05-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Daredevil vs GA - I'm taking DD all day long, but in this VS you have to base it on all four. And the DC characters have the upper hand. BC is one seriously tough cookie as Sledge pointed out. And IMO she has all the tools necessary to take out both characters. Not to mention GA has the long distace advantage.

Sledge Hammer!
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Agreed, if it was just Daredevil and Green Arrow (assuming we're talking Ollie here) then my money would be on Daredevil too. :)

hellboydce
05-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Sledge how do you remember all this?????? or do you just cut and paste :)

Jesse321
05-22-2008, 12:30 PM
After Canary's training at the hands of "Mother" and Lady Shiva ... Canary could take both DD and Elektra down herself.

If we're talking single combat, it would depend on which GA, Ollie vs. DD ... DD (though Ollie would hold his own for a while), now if we're talkin Conner ... DD is toast!

HalJordanFan
05-22-2008, 12:41 PM
After Canary's training at the hands of "Mother" and Lady Shiva ... Canary could take both DD and Elektra down herself.

If we're talking single combat, it would depend on which GA, Ollie vs. DD ... DD (though Ollie would hold his own for a while), now if we're talkin Conner ... DD is toast!

Your such a Marvel hater!

Jesse321
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I only report the facts. :tounge:

Teague
05-22-2008, 01:10 PM
This one goes to GA/BC, mainly because of the Canary cry. Sonic attacks on DD pretty much take him out of the game. And as good as Elektra is, she couldn't take both GA and BC at the same time.

I think Elektra's getting shorted in this match-up, though. I think she's about equal to BC, in this fight--BC is a fantastic fighter, agreed, but E's one of the foremost ninjas in the 616...and can't be killed, besides. :D (Unless she's a skrull. But I digress...)

bat_collector
05-22-2008, 01:16 PM
teague, elektra keeps getting killed every other year. she's just good at getting better, lol

Teague
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
teague, elektra keeps getting killed every other year. she's just good at getting better, lol

Yeah, but half the time she's a skrull, so that doesn't count. :thumbs2:

Sledge Hammer!
05-22-2008, 09:05 PM
Sledge how do you remember all this?????? or do you just cut and paste :)

I'm a geek. Shhh, don't tell anyone... ;)

It also helps that I have a head full of what is basically utterly useless knowledge... :laugh:

Teague
05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
It also helps that I have a head full of what is basically utterly useless knowledge... :laugh:

Tell me about it. If we could all pool our knowledge, we could...basically sit around and talk like we do now. :thumbs2:

Sledge Hammer!
05-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Yes, cower world! Cower before our awsome might of utterly useless information! :laugh: