PDA

View Full Version : DeadMan question

furie
03-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Not a DC fan but is this a cool character?
Worth reading? I might bid on this HC and have been curious about the character.

wktf
03-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I think he's a great character. Tortured soul, limited in his ability to influence others. Outside the periphery of the DCU but jumps in when he needs to use a body (like Batman's) as a vessel. Plus killer Neal Adams art.

Of course, you knew my opinion already...

Babytoxie
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, he's great. Those hardcover stories are true classics. I'm hoping for a trade... one day...

kujwa
05-21-2009, 04:50 AM
i know this is old as hell but i just finished the HC last night and stubled upon this thread. i really enjoyed 99% of the stories in this. i didn't finish the last one with the challengers, i just couldn't bring myself to finish it due to it being silly and not all that interesting at the start. the issue that adam's re inks is a thing of beauty. i found a used copy for $30 and it was worth it.

Jesse321
05-21-2009, 08:01 AM
I've always wanted a Deadman sculpt in my collection ... hmmmmmm :eplus2:

whd
05-21-2009, 11:11 AM
The Neal Adam Deadman hardcover is well worth the original retail price, and it can usually be found for far less. :thumbs2:

I think Deadman is supposed to be in the Blackest Night: Batman mini-series.

Babytoxie
05-21-2009, 11:35 AM
The Neal Adam Deadman hardcover is well worth the original retail price, and it can usually be found for far less. :thumbs2:

Yeah, I got mine for 50% off (or more?), and it was well-worth it. Also, the Mike Baron/Kelley Jones mini, Love After Death, was very good; Exorcism, not so much.

Teague
05-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Great character, but not so much when they're playing with the Rama Kushna stuff too hard, IMHO. I prefer the more gritty, film-noir stuff having to do with murder and circus carnies and the like.

Gotta have some mysticism with the character, granted, but still...a little goes a long way for me.

Wonderful stuff overall, though. The Adams HC collection is awesome.

PIP
05-22-2009, 01:26 AM
the Kelly Jones stuff is my favorite Deadman

kujwa
05-22-2009, 01:33 AM
i was really impressed with the HC dust jacket and the cover itself looking all flame like. i was worried that with the stories being from the 60's that i'd find it too hooky but that wasn't the case at all.

PIP
05-22-2009, 01:37 AM
i was really impressed with the HC dust jacket and the cover itself looking all flame like. i was worried that with the stories being from the 60's that i'd find it too hooky but that wasn't the case at all.

i am like that, i find anything pre-late 80's basically not that interesting :confused2

rilynil
05-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I've got to get the hardback soon. I haven't read these stories since I was a kid.