Justin
05-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Who do you like here?

Justin
05-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Cyclops in this one for me :thumbs2:

Teague
05-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I'd agree that they're both great, but Cyke's power is a lot stronger than Hawk's...and he can use it at short range, too. Hawk's the better fighter by far, but in a clinch, Cyclops just has to open his eyes, and bam, Clint's against the far wall.

The only way Hawk wins this--and this is a real long shot--is to take out Cyke's visor with an early shot. After that, it's a cakewalk for Clint. But that would be tough to pull off, as good as Cyke is with his optic beams--if he was ready for it, he could clip the arrows right out of the air.

rychehitman
05-25-2008, 12:27 PM
I see Hawkeye taking this!

Call me crazy!

Justin
05-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I see Hawkeye taking this!

Call me crazy!

Crazy!!

cougartrace
05-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Cyclops optic blast just oblierates Hawkeye..plus in recent years..I would take Cyclops in an even fight..

rychehitman
05-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Cyclops optic blast just oblierates Hawkman..plus in recent years..I would take Cyclops in an even fight..

Hawkman???:confused:

Teague
05-25-2008, 12:35 PM

:laugh:

Coug's starting his own thread within a thread. :thumbs2:

cougartrace
05-25-2008, 12:35 PM

thanks I edited it:banghead:

rychehitman
05-25-2008, 12:36 PM
well for the record...I agree that Cyclops would just shoot Hawkman out of the sky! He has probably thought about doing it to Warren a thousand times!

Teague
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
well for the record...I agree that Cyclops would just shoot Hawkman out of the sky! He has probably thought about doing it to Warren a thousand times!

Excellent point, ryche! Scott has the psychological advantage in that battle too! :thumbs2:

SD RUM
05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Cyclops

Bartholomew
05-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Gotta go Cyclops. They both have good aim, but I think Cyclops can hit harder.

HalJordanFan
05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Scott.

Merlose
05-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Cyclops hands down.

rilynil
05-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Cyclops can take down entire buildings with his blasts. Ol' Slim wins this one easily.

Dan_Lebou
05-26-2008, 11:53 AM
You're talking about the guy who has to see his opponent before firing an arrow against the guy who just has to see his opponent.

Cyke wins!

Ink
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
cyke!

hawkeyethearcher
05-26-2008, 05:21 PM
so the guy who can shoots a laser bolt in a straight line beats the man with the gimmicks. i dont think so. cyc couldnt even beat a powerless storm. hawkeye would jack him up with a sonic arrow and then take his visor off with a simple shot. game over.

Teague
05-26-2008, 05:24 PM
so the guy who can shoots a laser bolt in a straight line beats the man with the gimmicks. i dont think so. cyc couldnt even beat a powerless storm. hawkeye would jack him up with a sonic arrow and then take his visor off with a simple shot. game over.

Only if Cyke stood there and let him do it.

Like I said earlier, the only way Clint wins this is to take out Cyclop's visor. Barring that, I don't think Clint can do it.

hawkeyethearcher
05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
why would cyc have to let him. he doesnt have to fire his arrow heads he can toss one at cyke and if cyke takes aim at that hawk can take him out with an arrow before he can respond. if cyc doesnt go for the tip then he is in sonic hell or glued hell and that will give hawk time to take cyc out. hawk can have a dozen arrows on cyc in no time do you think cyc will take them all out. if he does then clint will take him out with a punch in the time it takes cyc to take out the arrows. if cyc goes for hawkeye again then an arrow is getting through. at best they will tie but cyc cant win

Teague
05-26-2008, 06:38 PM
why would cyc have to let him. he doesnt have to fire his arrow heads he can toss one at cyke and if cyke takes aim at that hawk can take him out with an arrow before he can respond. if cyc doesnt go for the tip then he is in sonic hell or glued hell and that will give hawk time to take cyc out. hawk can have a dozen arrows on cyc in no time do you think cyc will take them all out. if he does then clint will take him out with a punch in the time it takes cyc to take out the arrows. if cyc goes for hawkeye again then an arrow is getting through. at best they will tie but cyc cant win

Because all Cyclops has to do is look at an arrow to take it out mid-flight. If Scott destroys a sonic arrow (and you're hanging a lot of your argument here on a sonic arrow...), then Clint can't get off another arrow faster than Scott can shift his gaze to Clint himself. Cyke would take out Clint in mid-draw.

Clint's doesn't have super-speed. He can't move faster than the human eye. The only way he can have a "dozon arrows on Cyke in no time" is if Scott stands there for some reason and does nothing about it.

I'm not saying there aren't scenarios in which Hawkeye could take Cyclops out; I'm just saying that Cyclops has a serious edge here.

The Fog
05-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Cyke, nuff said, true leader, although HawkEye is Great, he's follower.

armitage
05-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Cyclops would win.
He'd put a hole in Hawkeye before Hawkeye could
fully draw his bow back.

Ink
05-26-2008, 07:47 PM

you do know the visor only focuses the beam right? if hawkeye knocks the visor off, the beams'll turn hawkeye to paste

Alex655321
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Cyclops

MrYac
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
you do know the visor only focuses the beam right? if hawkeye knocks the visor off, the beams'll turn hawkeye to paste

i was about to say the same thing, taking out the visor would do a hell of a lot more harm then good, would turn the focused controlled blasts into an ocean of optic destruction

Teague
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
i was about to say the same thing, taking out the visor would do a hell of a lot more harm then good, would turn the focused controlled blasts into an ocean of optic destruction

True, but in general Cyke covers his eyes when that happens. That's the window of opportunity I see for Hawkeye.

Still, it's a very small chance; I still think Cyke takes this.

Meteor Man
05-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Cyclops easily, IMO.

hawkeyethearcher
05-27-2008, 03:38 AM
exactly
cyke wont kill so i am not worried about it. i just use sonic as an example. explosives would be much better. and hawkeye can shoot three arrows at once no problem. in the time it woul dtake cyk to shoot those down and aim at hawk he would have a hand full of arrow tips rolling at him. all kinds of tips. sorry guys cyke cant win only tie.

Ink
05-27-2008, 08:38 AM
exactly
cyke wont kill so i am not worried about it. i just use sonic as an example. explosives would be much better. and hawkeye can shoot three arrows at once no problem. in the time it woul dtake cyk to shoot those down and aim at hawk he would have a hand full of arrow tips rolling at him. all kinds of tips. sorry guys cyke cant win only tie.

:laugh: whatever

Meteor Man
05-28-2008, 01:55 AM
exactly

C'mon man..you're voting with your heart on this one. If use your head, you'll admit that Cyclops beams, which fire at the speed of light would total Hawkeye faster than he could ever knock an arrow, or pull one out of his quiver. Game over...

hawkeyethearcher
05-28-2008, 03:42 AM
ok lets set this up. i am going to assume that hawkeye and cyclops know they are going to battle eachother. knowing that there is no way that hawkeye is going to step up into and open space and fight this guy. how often does that happen in comics. battles usually take place in a city or building where line of site isnt always easy. hawkeye is already going to have his arrows knocked this wouldnt be a case of stand there and someone yells draw. as for how fast cyclops beams go. we know they dont travel at the speed of light cause they haev been dodge by people unable to travel that fast. hawkeye isnt someone that can dodge them but they are not that fast. he isnt shooting beams of light but beams of force. so these guys know eachother and are ready for eachother. hawkeye has a huge advantage at first. the guy that dated black widow and was married to mockingbird has plenty of stealth training from these girls to stay away from cyke until he is ready. when he is ready to strike he most likely wont be seen at first thanks to cyclops lack of peripheral vision and he could easily get in the first shots. cyclops is not taking an arrow out of the air. he doesnt just have to look and shoot he has to aim and shoot. sure a wide beam can take care of the aiming but at 100 feet per second you would have to know that arrow is coming and open those visors pretty fast. even if he was in front of cyclops he would be ready for him. this is huge advantage cyclops. once again hawkeye will already have arrowns ready and even at a wide angle shot that cyclops knows he would need to hit those arrows and hawkeye in one shot that beam doesnt come down at 90 degrees. hawkeye would have an exsplosive arrow going low under the beam and high over it. they would get through if both were shot at once. the most important aprt of this that these people in these battles always know they are going to fight and i am sure that hawkeye would just have tony make him some ruby quartz arrows and cyclops beam would have no effect on them. they would slice right through as if he wasnt even shooting at them. the "psionic frequency" that ruby quartz has means thats cyclops blasts cant touch it.

Teague
05-28-2008, 11:15 AM
ok lets set this up. i am going to assume that hawkeye and cyclops know they are going to battle eachother. knowing that there is no way that hawkeye is going to step up into and open space and fight this guy. how often does that happen in comics. battles usually take place in a city or building where line of site isnt always easy. hawkeye is already going to have his arrows knocked this wouldnt be a case of stand there and someone yells draw. as for how fast cyclops beams go. we know they dont travel at the speed of light cause they haev been dodge by people unable to travel that fast. hawkeye isnt someone that can dodge them but they are not that fast. he isnt shooting beams of light but beams of force. so these guys know eachother and are ready for eachother. hawkeye has a huge advantage at first. the guy that dated black widow and was married to mockingbird has plenty of stealth training from these girls to stay away from cyke until he is ready. when he is ready to strike he most likely wont be seen at first thanks to cyclops lack of peripheral vision and he could easily get in the first shots. cyclops is not taking an arrow out of the air. he doesnt just have to look and shoot he has to aim and shoot. sure a wide beam can take care of the aiming but at 100 feet per second you would have to know that arrow is coming and open those visors pretty fast. even if he was in front of cyclops he would be ready for him. this is huge advantage cyclops. once again hawkeye will already have arrowns ready and even at a wide angle shot that cyclops knows he would need to hit those arrows and hawkeye in one shot that beam doesnt come down at 90 degrees. hawkeye would have an exsplosive arrow going low under the beam and high over it. they would get through if both were shot at once. the most important aprt of this that these people in these battles always know they are going to fight and i am sure that hawkeye would just have tony make him some ruby quartz arrows and cyclops beam would have no effect on them. they would slice right through as if he wasnt even shooting at them. the "psionic frequency" that ruby quartz has means thats cyclops blasts cant touch it.

That's a fine scenario, but it's too specific, IMHO. None of these "vs" threads work if you assume preparation, because given preparation, nearly anyone can beat anyone else. It becomes meaningless.

I don't think anyone here has said that Hawk can't beat Cyke.

Makkari1
05-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Who ever get off the first connecting shot.

MrYac
05-28-2008, 05:02 PM
i am sure that hawkeye would just have tony make him some ruby quartz arrows and cyclops beam would have no effect on them.

heh, all i can picture now is Tony in a bright pink "Cyclops Buster" suit made entirely of quartz:p

Quicksilver
05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Cyclops would take it after a very long, drawn-out fight...barely. Everyone underestimates Hawkeye cause he has no 'powers'

MrYac
05-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Cyclops would take it after a very long, drawn-out fight...barely. Everyone underestimates Hawkeye cause he has no 'powers'

i dunno i think it's more everybody underestimates Scott because he's not a canadian midget with claws....

Justin
05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
i dunno i think it's more everybody underestimates Scott because he's not a canadian midget with claws....

Cyclops is criminally underrated in my opinion :thumbsdow

MrYac
05-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Cyclops is criminally underrated in my opinion :thumbsdow

agreed, he's been the friggin leader of the x-men forever and yet the man is still regarded as a C-lister by most people

fireburns
06-10-2008, 04:28 PM
If it's Hawkeye from Ultimates 1 & 2...Hawkeye hands down.

Ink
06-10-2008, 04:37 PM

this isn't the ultimates universe

Dan_Lebou
06-11-2008, 02:25 PM

And Ultimate Cyclops blasted Wolvie from point blank range and left him for dead for trying it on with Jean. So Ult.Cyke would still whup Hawkeye's butt!

fireburns
06-11-2008, 02:58 PM
And Ultimate Cyclops blasted Wolvie from point blank range and left him for dead for trying it on with Jean. So Ult.Cyke would still whup Hawkeye's butt!

Please....

A guy who can chew off his own fingernails and kill people with them would stick a couple sharp pointy things in ole Cyke's sockets and then what?

He ain't much use without his eyes.

Dan_Lebou
06-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Only Cyclop's eyelids, visor or glasses hold his consussive beams back.

For the fingernails to reach the eyes they'd have to penetrate the one thing that stops the blasts meaning that Hawkeye's gonna get a whole face full of blast in return!

Cyclops gets blinded. Hawkeye loses his head!

fireburns
06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
One smoke /tear gas arrow in Cyke's general facility so he can't see then two right through his eyes.

Done.

Ender350
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
im going to have to agree. hawkeye takes this one. couple arrows on a stand off should end it pretty quickly. im sure the optic blast can't cover the rate of fire that hawkeye has been known to.

oh yeah, and anybody who can kill people by shooting off his fingernails = bad ass

MrYac
06-11-2008, 09:32 PM
oh yeah, and anybody who can kill people by shooting off his fingernails = bad ass

i dunno, i think somebody who can kill you just by opening his eyes has fingernails beat...

Vracula
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
LOL easy!! Cyclops!!

Teague
06-12-2008, 11:15 AM
One smoke /tear gas arrow in Cyke's general facility so he can't see then two right through his eyes.

Done.

Good strategy, but it depends on Cyke not blasting the arrow before it gets to him.

I still think Cyke takes this, but I agree that it could be written (rationally) either way.

Meteor Man
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
im going to have to agree. hawkeye takes this one. couple arrows on a stand off should end it pretty quickly. im sure the optic blast can't cover the rate of fire that hawkeye has been known to.

???? You have got to be kidding, right? Cyclops eye beams are beams of light!!! Tell me that those don't fire faster than Hawkeye's muscle's, and I'll tell you that you are totally whacked.:peoples: C'mon!

Meteor Man
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
i dunno, i think somebody who can kill you just by opening his eyes has fingernails beat...

:redface: Fingernails???....Ewwwww.:laugh:

Nightwing_78
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Both these guys are in my top 5 favourite Marvel heroes and it's a tough one. BUT, even though they both kick butt in their own right I gotta say that Cyclops takes it. His beams are faster, can cover a wider arc and cause a lot more devastation, as well as he's a master of using it to ricochet off of things so even if Hawkeye manages to get behind something that could (doubtfully) stop Cyclops's blast, Scott could still take him. Hawkeye is a much better fighter than Cyclops though and thinks ouside the box in terms of tactics, so hand to hand, Clint would dish out a whuppin. You also need to take into account the terrain and circumstances. If each of them started on either end of town and had to take each other out in a hunter prey situation, then Hawkeye would take it.
I think a more equal fight would be Hawkeye vs Gambit, but Gambit would run home crying to Xavier.