I think this is a great match up! :thumbs2:

Who do you think takes it?

Justin
05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
In an awesome match up im going with Winter Solider :thumbs2:

rychehitman
05-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Nightwing!

Batman has told him all the code words that were placed in the Soldiers mind.

Teague
05-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Never count out Bucky Barnes...the newest, best badass in the 616. :thumbs2:

krec99
05-25-2008, 12:37 PM
barnes will win

The Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Bucky has no chance
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/morgana05/nightwingA.jpg

cougartrace
05-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Bucky, who has watched and fought with Cap, easily takes down Nightwing

AsOneDead
05-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Nightwing!

wktf
05-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Winter Soldier, for sure. WWII combat training and experienced, a killer when he needs to be, trained by Cap. It'd be a great and tough fight, but Winter Soldier takes this one.

Teague
05-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Why does anything Bat-related just fall down official company lines? :laugh:

Seriously, they're both highly trained fighters. Respect to both of them. But Bucky is willing to kill--he's an assassin. Take two evenly matched characters, but one is willing to seriously hurt or kill, and the other isn't? Bet on the first guy.

The Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 01:03 PM

Seriously, they're both highly trained fighters. Respect to both of them. But Bucky is willing to kill--he's an assassin. Take two evenly matched characters, but one is willing to seriously hurt or kill, and the other isn't? Bet on the first guy.

I believe Nightwing is willing to brake his arm and legs from three places and then throw him to a enterance of a hospital like meat puppet.

Teague
05-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I believe Nightwing is willing to brake his arm and legs from three places and then throw him to a enterance of hospital like meat pupet.

Only if this was published by DC.... :laugh:

The Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Only if this was published by DC.... :laugh:

And why is that ? i mean what would Marvel do ?

Teague
05-25-2008, 01:46 PM
And why is that ? i mean what would Marvel do ?

Have Bucky kick Nightwing's butt, of course. Is this a trick question? :laugh:

Seriously, this would be a good fight, but Winter Soldier has the edge, IMHO. Your mileage may vary. :thumbs2:

Alex655321
05-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Winter Solider

The Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Have Bucky kick Nightwing's butt, of course. Is this a trick question? :laugh:

Seriously, this would be a good fight, but Winter Soldier has the edge, IMHO. Your mileage may vary. :thumbs2:

i don't think so i'm pretty much pigheaded. :laugh: Nightwing will win. He's faster, stronger, smarter and trained by the best to be the best.

Meta Jon
05-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Bucky has no chance
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/morgana05/nightwingA.jpg

:buttrock:

krec99
05-25-2008, 05:03 PM
i don't think so i'm pretty much pigheaded. :laugh: Nightwing will win. He's faster, stronger, smarter and trained by the best to be the best.

wasnt barnes trained by cap and also fought in a war ?

Moogled
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
wasnt barnes trained by cap and also fought in a war ?

There are many superheroes that never fought in wars and still whoop major ass.

For the majority, using war as a measuring standard is simply inaccurate, because any given hero has had battles to test his/her mettle and skill.

I choose Bucky.

Teague
05-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Nightwing is probably faster, but he's not stronger by any measure. Bucky has a bionic arm, baby!

Nightwing was trained by one of the best in the DCU. Winter Soldier got the same training as Cap, one of the foremost fighters in the 616. (And many people--including me--think that Bats and Cap are pretty evenly matched. Hell, even Bats and Cap think so!)

Didn't Cap say at one point that Buck was a better fighter than him? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Anyway, this would be a great fight, even if I give the edge to the Winter Soldier. But if you think that Nightwing would win this walking away, you're beyond reasoning with, good sir. :thumbs2:

heirtoasguard
05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Nightwing. Nightwing has more experience than WS.
sure WS has fought during the war, but how long did he actually fought. he was bought back and periodically went back and forth after assignments.
so if we were to add up all his "time" of actually fighting, it still would add up to Nightwing's. mind you, I'm not taking anything away from WS but I'm not
completely sold on his fighting abilities. Brubaker
has to sell it to us as if WS is some sort of unstoppable fighting machine.

The Dark Knight
05-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Nightwing is probably faster, but he's not stronger by any measure. Bucky has a bionic arm, baby!

Nightwing was trained by one of the best in the DCU. Winter Soldier got the same training as Cap, one of the foremost fighters in the 616. (And many people--including me--think that Bats and Cap are pretty evenly matched. Hell, even Bats and Cap think so!)

Didn't Cap say at one point that Buck was a better fighter than him? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Anyway, this would be a great fight, even if I give the edge to the Winter Soldier. But if you think that Nightwing would win this walking away, you're beyond reasoning with, good sir. :thumbs2:

No, I just give the edge to Nightwing, a pretty big edge. They would have a good fight which would end up like what i said back there. :thumbs2: Nightwing would win.

Batman and Cap being equily skillful just doesn't feel right to me. Batman has at least 14 years of training on many things that he considered useful to fight against crime. The guy searched the planet inch by inch to find best of martial artists, soldiers, hanged out with the greatest detectives, scientist,houdini type of guys and learned their secrets, and many more. But i think super soldier serum makes them kind of even in hand to hand combat.

wktf
05-25-2008, 10:37 PM
No, I just give the edge to Nightwing, a pretty big edge. They would have a good fight which would end up like what i said back there. :thumbs2: Nightwing would win.

Batman and Cap being equily skillful just doesn't feel right to me. Batman has at least 14 years of training on many things that he considered useful to fight against crime. The guy searched the planet inch by inch to find best of martial artists, soldiers, hanged out with the greatest detectives, scientist,houdini type of guys and learned their secrets, and many more. But i think super soldier serum makes them kind of even in hand to hand combat.

Well, in JLA/Avengers Batman concedes Cap might be able to take him and, in the John Byrne Captain America/Batman crossover, Bruce Wayne concedes that Steve Rogers actually has the edge on him. In the DC vs. Marvel, which was decided by fan voting, Batman beat Cap because Cap slipped (kind of stupid). But the Batman vs. Cap argument is as exhausted at this point as the Thor vs. Superman argument.

Both Winter Soldier and Nightwing are great fighters and, as Teague said, it'd be a great fight. I just think WS is a far more determined and brutal fighter possessed of at least equal skills.

wktf
05-25-2008, 10:38 PM
Hmmm...this line of reasoning is why I'd have picked Winter Soldier...with the exception of smarter. As far as learning I'd certainly concede this one to Grayson.

HalJordanFan
05-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Bucky, who has watched and fought with Cap, easily takes down Nightwing

You my friend are one crazy Cougar!!! :thumbs2: Nightwing wins this fight.

rilynil
05-26-2008, 12:47 AM
Winter Soldier is much more of a ruthless badass than Nightwing. Bucky takes this one.

Immovable Blob
05-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Nightwing; trained by the best and has years of experiance.

Teague
05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, in JLA/Avengers Batman concedes Cap might be able to take him and, in the John Byrne Captain America/Batman crossover, Bruce Wayne concedes that Steve Rogers actually has the edge on him. In the DC vs. Marvel, which was decided by fan voting, Batman beat Cap because Cap slipped (kind of stupid). But the Batman vs. Cap argument is as exhausted at this point as the Thor vs. Superman argument.

Both Winter Soldier and Nightwing are great fighters and, as Teague said, it'd be a great fight. I just think WS is a far more determined and brutal fighter possessed of at least equal skills.

Well said.

In this match-up, I think it's the Bat-faith that makes the difference. :laugh:

joy_division
05-26-2008, 03:15 PM
nightwing

goodydog12
05-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I loves me some Nightwing, but face it fellas, WS would tear him up.

The Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 04:07 PM

Batman just being polite there, you know all heroes are more polite to Cap even J.J. loves him and stuff.

Hmmm...this line of reasoning is why I'd have picked Winter Soldier...

Of course, it's not like you like him or anything. :laugh:

Well said.

In this match-up, I think it's the Bat-faith that makes the difference. :laugh:

Of course i have faith in the Bats because they are extremely trained capable people. :thumbs2:

Teague
05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Batman just being polite there, you know all heroes are more polite to Cap even J.J. loves him and stuff.

Wow, now that's some Bat-devotion. Even willing to disagree with what Batman himself says about his own abilities! :laugh:

Whenever someone accuses me of having a Marvel bias, I just think of the Batman-love around here, and smile. :thumbs2:

The Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Whenever someone accuses me of having a Marvel bias, I just think of the Batman-love around here, and smile. :thumbs2:

He deserves that love. I can only repay with my love to such a great consept. But they take money too. I wish just my love was enough. :laugh:

RichBamf
05-26-2008, 04:55 PM

:thumbs2:

goodydog12
05-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I honestly dont think this is an even match. They are both great hand to hand combatants, but WS is great with all weapons and has that bionic arm.

VaultMan
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Arrrrgh! I cant decide! :banghead:

wktf
05-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Of course, it's not like you like him or anything. :laugh:

Well, sure. But then, being a Bat-fan, I imagine you like Nightwing as a rule, too. :thumbs2:

I'm also a big Bat and Nightwing fan, myself. :)

VaultMan
05-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Im tempted to go with Nightwing for the pure athleticism, he seems to be a significantly more agile and faster than Barnes...but I'm not sure yet.

hawkeyethearcher
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah i never got why bats thought cap would win. is it the soldier serum. does it make him faster and stronger then bats. bats is trained by the best from all around the world. cap has plenty of training but nothing that exstensive. military, shield, hercules, black panther. there is a list o fgreat people he has had moderate training with and he is the best fighter in my opinion in marvel but bats tops that in training. so i would guess it is the soldier serum? i would go with nightwing on this fight as well. i dont think WS has the serum does he and wing has trained with the best as well.

wktf
05-26-2008, 07:01 PM
yeah i never got why bats thought cap would win. is it the soldier serum. does it make him faster and stronger then bats. bats is trained by the best from all around the world. cap has plenty of training but nothing that exstensive. military, shield, hercules, black panther. there is a list o fgreat people he has had moderate training with and he is the best fighter in my opinion in marvel but bats tops that in training. so i would guess it is the soldier serum? i would go with nightwing on this fight as well. i dont think WS has the serum does he and wing has trained with the best as well.

I think you're pretty close in your thinking. Cap is stronger, faster, possibly greater agility, and has greater endurance (tires slower, etc.) all due to the super soldier serum. Cap's tactical hand to hand fighting prowess also is pretty much at the top of the Marvel U. Remember he defeated Iron Fist, a martial arts master, in hand to hand combat. He's also proved himself superior to Daredevil, another highly trained fighter, though not truly conclusively (in the Stan/Colan DD issue DD wasn't himself and in Born Again they didn't actually fight though their interaction proved him faster and stronger). So, while Batman may have more extensive technical fighting skill and prowess, probably he thinks this way for the reasons you mentioned coupled with Cap's great fighting skills.

And, no, WS does not have the super soldier serum.

The Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
I think you're pretty close in your thinking. Cap is stronger, faster, possibly greater agility, and has greater endurance (tires slower, etc.) all due to the super soldier serum. Cap's tactical hand to hand fighting prowess also is pretty much at the top of the Marvel U. Remember he defeated Iron Fist, a martial arts master, in hand to hand combat. He's also proved himself superior to Daredevil, another highly trained fighter, though not truly conclusively (in the Stan/Colan DD issue DD wasn't himself and in Born Again they didn't actually fight though their interaction proved him faster and stronger). So, while Batman may have more extensive technical fighting skill and prowess, probably he thinks this way for the reasons you mentioned coupled with Cap's great fighting skills.

And, no, WS does not have the super soldier serum.

Batman's years of martial arts training would make him immediately get what tecnique cap has and he would use Cap's strength against him in a hand to hand combat. As Ninja Batman has a perfect balance and on that great strength, aglity and speed. Fighting against Batman is like Fighting against the Sun Tzu with full skill set of a elite warrior. Batman is master of many different martial art styles and tecniques unlike iron fist who was trained by kungfu masters or Daredevil who was trained by only the stick.

Teague
05-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Batman's years of martial arts training would make him immidiatly get what tecnique cap has and he would use Cap's strenght against him in a hand to hand combat. As Ninja Batman has a perfect balance and on that great strength, aglity and speed. Fighting against Batman is like Fighting against the Sun Tzu with full skill set of a elite warrior. Batman is master of many different martial art styles and tecniques unlike iron fist who was trained by kungfu masters or Daredevil who was trained by only the stick.

Man, you need to start a Bat-church or something. :D

The Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Man, you need to start a Bat-church or something.

may be someday. :laugh:

wktf
05-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Batman's years of martial arts training would make him immediately get what tecnique cap has and he would use Cap's strength against him in a hand to hand combat. As Ninja Batman has a perfect balance and on that great strength, aglity and speed. Fighting against Batman is like Fighting against the Sun Tzu with full skill set of a elite warrior. Batman is master of many different martial art styles and tecniques unlike iron fist who was trained by kungfu masters or Daredevil who was trained by only the stick.

Thank you for your opinion. I respect it, as I've always respected and loved the Batman character, one of my favorite characters in all of comics, but I just disagree as, apparently, might Batman based on the two references I mentioned. No real point in continuing but I applaud your devotion to The Dark Knight Detective.

The Dark Knight
05-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you for your opinion. I respect it, as I've always respected and loved the Batman character, one of my favorite characters in all of comics, but I just disagree as, apparently, might Batman based on the two references I mentioned. No real point in continuing but I applaud your devotion to The Dark Knight Detective.

And of course, i respect your opinion.

wktf
05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
And of course, i respect your opinion.

:thumbs2:

Ah, a civil debate between two opposing parties here on the forum. Feels good. :)

heirtoasguard
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Remember he defeated Iron Fist, a martial arts master, in hand to hand combat.

in what issue did Cap beat Iron Fist? are you talking about Iron Fist #12??

wktf
05-26-2008, 11:30 PM
in what issue did Cap beat Iron Fist? are you talking about Iron Fist #12??
That's the one. Cap had him totally on the ropes, IF couldn't lay a glove on him and kept taking punches from Cap, until IF unleashed the Iron Fist on him. Still, Cap got his shield up and wasn't hurt. Fortunately, they ended up teaming up against the Wrecking Crew (helped having the Avengers training room set on Thor status, too :thumbs2: ).