PDA

View Full Version : recommend some good vampire books please

Vracula
05-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Please no anita Blake or anything relating to pop rubbish like Buffy or the like,anyways here my list of must reads

bram stoker's........yeah you know the rest

Richard Matheson's I Am Legend (much more riveting than the movie it was based on)

Diaries of the Family Dracul by Jeanne Kalogridis (OMG Phenomenal stuff)

Dracula Cha cha Cha by kim newman (silly title,the book not so silly)

Anno Dracula by Kim newman

The Journal of Professor Abraham Van Helsing by Allen C. Kupfer

cant remeber anymore will add some later,but please provide you own list

Vracula
05-28-2008, 05:17 PM
ive read ann rice.not likeee!

protector2814
05-28-2008, 05:19 PM
It's been years, but Ann Rice's Lestat and Interview With A Vampire I recall as being excellent. She lost it later and started pumping them out for the almighty dollar, but those two were very good. Forget the movie. I'll keep thinking. I know I've read some more.

* oops....just read your 2nd post. Forget these two.

k9ziggy
05-28-2008, 08:31 PM
In a totally different "vein"..... sorry :redface:

PN Elrod does a series of books with a main character that is a vampire who becomes a private detective. The take on vampirism is VERY different than the norm, but it is a cool read with a different perspective. She also did 2 books for TSR/Wizards of the Coast, being "I, Strahd" which is a more standard take, set in the fantasy/medieval era. The other series is set in the 20/30's time.

HalJordanFan
05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I, Strahd.

Nitefall
05-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Children of The Night by Dan Simmons

Darth Torment
05-29-2008, 08:58 AM
First one that came to mind was I, Strahd.

Give it a go.

Meta Jon
05-29-2008, 09:21 AM
Necroscope by Brian Lumley

Very cool take on Vamps :thumbs2:

Vracula
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
In a totally different "vein"..... sorry :redface:

PN Elrod does a series of books with a main character that is a vampire who becomes a private detective. The take on vampirism is VERY different than the norm, but it is a cool read with a different perspective. She also did 2 books for TSR/Wizards of the Coast, being "I, Strahd" which is a more standard take, set in the fantasy/medieval era. The other series is set in the 20/30's time.

I Love PN elrod,Im currently reading a book of short stories edited by her called dracula in london,its what dracula was doing in london once he arrives and other than humping Lucy,amazing stories!!!!

Vracula
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Necroscope by Brian Lumley

Very cool take on Vamps :thumbs2:

I loved that book,fanatstic stuff,i went and bought the other two where blood brother and some other one ,man were they big,i couldnt finish it ,just got bored!But i love necroscope.