PDA

View Full Version : Geez.. just how long does it take for a pool table installation?

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I've had two dudes in my basement for the past 1.5 hrs and I've just heard alot of banging down there.

Should I go check on the progress? Do y'all think they're making off with my shiznit and making noise as a distraction? :confused:

Mandragora
05-29-2008, 05:55 PM
probably cause of all the leveling???

i don't think popping your head down there after an hour and a half is unjustified

TNovak
05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I've had two dudes in my basement for the past 1.5 hrs and I've just heard alot of banging down there.

Should I go check on the progress? Do y'all think they're making off with my shiznit and making noise as a distraction? :confused:

I've moved pool tables before, an hour and a half seems like a lot. Is it full size or bar sized? Did they have to bring in the slate seprately? Sometimes there are complications or they may not have done many before or something. Are they installers from the seller?

Argonus
05-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Myself and two other guys had my pool table installed within an hour, easily.

It was 900 pounds, we had to walk it quite a fair amount of distance, then level it.. and it took no time at all. So if I were you, I'd check on their progress. Haha. Main thing is the feet need to be all the way on, and the table needs to be level (obviously).

You putting anything under each of the feet (I have a small scrap of carpet under each of mine)? That way you can scootch the table around for future times that you'll need it moved to make way for furniture/etc.

'Nuff
05-29-2008, 06:06 PM
They are stealing your basement...

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:08 PM
They are stealing your basement...

:eek: ..and my statues! :eek:

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I've moved pool tables before, an hour and a half seems like a lot. Is it full size or bar sized? Did they have to bring in the slate seprately? Sometimes there are complications or they may not have done many before or something. Are they installers from the seller?

It's bar sized and they have to bring the slate in separately.

They install for seller.

OK, I better check on them. :mad:

'Nuff
05-29-2008, 06:13 PM
It's bar sized and they have to bring the slate in separately.

They install for seller.

OK, I better check on them. :mad:

Take a gun with ya...:buttrock:

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Take a gun with ya...:buttrock:

Dude, I was thinking the same thing. ;)

I just checked and they're almost done. Turns out they hang the cue rack and everything. I was expecting to do that.

It looks great! :buttrock:

Argonus
05-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Awesome.. congrats. :)

So many of us have pool tables.. haha... we should have a "Game Room" thread.

(I'm kidding, but it's not a horrible idea, either.. haha.)

'Nuff
05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Dude, I was thinking the same thing. ;)

I just checked and they're almost done. Turns out they hang the cue rack and everything. I was expecting to do that.

It looks great! :buttrock:

I'm jealous...I love to shoot pool...I suck at it...but love to shoot...:buttrock:

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Awesome.. congrats. :)

So many of us have pool tables.. haha... we should have a "Game Room" thread.

(I'm kidding, but it's not a horrible idea, either.. haha.)

Oh, I'll be posting pics of the man cave in a day or so.. that's fo' sho! ;)

As for carpet under the legs, yes. It's an area rug and I hope my wife don't get tired of it cuz it ain't moving unless she gets a boost of Hulk strength and can move the table.

We won't be moving it though, because it's in a dedicated room I designed/built in with a raised floor. I had to go with a shorter table because the room is only 13' x 17'. :bawling:

Argonus
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
My pool table's used more by friends than it is by me.. I play maybe five games a year on it.. haha.

Otherwise art I haven't hung yet sits on top of it.
My wife never lets me hear the end of this... :)

Argonus
05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh, I'll be posting pics f the man cave in a day or so.. ;)

As for carpet under the legs, yes. It's an area rug and I hope my wife don't get tired of it cuz it ain't moving unless she gets a boost of Hulk strength and can move the table.

We won't be moving it though, because it's in a dedicated room I designed/built in with a raised floor. I had to go with a shorter table because the room is only 13' x 17'. :bawling:

NICE.. man.. that sounds sweet.

I'm posting pics of my game room soon enough.. I've never posted anything with my statues or art, so it should be fun.

Enjoy your new table. :)

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:43 PM
My pool table's used more by friends than it is by me.. I play maybe five games a year on it.. haha.

Otherwise art I haven't hung yet sits on top of it.
My wife never lets me hear the end of this... :)

I heard that! That's about the usage I expect to get outta this. That's why I set a $3500.00 limit on something that would wind up being an accessory. They tried to get me to buy a Vitale table. Thank God I didn't have th space for it or they would've easily suckered me into it.

Thing is, after the room was finished (with laminate flooring and all) I couldn't use it for anything else besides a dance floor. 'Course with the raised floor, we'd be hitting our head on the disco ball. :laugh:

cblakey1
05-29-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm jealous...I love to shoot pool...I suck at it...but love to shoot...:buttrock:

Practice, grasshopper.. practice!

Argonus
05-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah.. mine's on laminate flooring also... converted 2.5 car garage... new leather couch, big-screen, bar with stools, art gallery, and my statues.. MY room, basically.. my wife has the rest of the house. Haha.
Nice to have a room to "retreat to", though. Once our first kid is born, I'm sure that won't last.

My office is now basically storage, so I invaded her office with my laptop.. I'm mean. :D

Awesome that you designed/constructed the room, though... I wish I had the know-how to do that. Installing showerheads and landscaping is about all I can handle.. haha. I DO love landscaping, though.

patrickwm68
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Maybe passion got the best of them and they're christening your new pool table.:laugh:

riderV3
05-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I check on my house workers all the time, to bring them drinks and stuff and check the progress.

I don't really care if they take a little longer as long as they don't charge by hours and get things done right.

'Nuff
05-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Practice, grasshopper.. practice!

I was good when in the Navy...Learned from a guy named Tom Johns...he was from the hills of Ohio..."Where there was nothing else to do."...But that was in '71...:banghead: