PDA

View Full Version : Uncontacted Tribes discovered

Endless Wake
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I have to say these photos look almost too fake to be real but CNN is reporting the story.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/05/30/brazil.tribes/index.html

Alex655321
05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I have to say these photos look almost too fake to be real but CNN is reporting the story.

I read about that in the newspaper today.
The pictures do like kinda unbelieveable, but I guess it could be.

They are missing out on all the New Faux Bronze peices :(

rychehitman
05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rychehitman/HUMOR/tribe.jpg

DAMMIT!

:banghead: am I really the ONLY guy that didn't get one of these!?!?!?!:banghead:

Alex655321
05-30-2008, 09:07 AM
:laugh:

nemesisenforcer
05-30-2008, 09:16 AM

why do say its fake? or how?

CessnaDriver
05-30-2008, 10:43 AM
It does look a little staged was my first thought too.

Not that there are not uncontacted peoples in remote areas or anything.

Just something looked a little theatrical about the images.

Either way, send some Wii right away to those people!

WHITEGTP
05-30-2008, 10:50 AM

DAMMIT!

:banghead: am I really the ONLY guy that didn't get one of these!?!?!?!:banghead:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

HalJordanFan
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the link.

HalJordanFan
05-30-2008, 11:08 AM

DAMMIT!

LMFAO!!!!!! :thumbs2:

protector2814
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Rychehitman - Hilarious. :laugh: :laugh:

TNovak
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
So it's ok to terrify them with a giant, flying, noisy, mettalic beast that they've never seen before, but we can't let them know other people and civilizations exist? :confused:

moon_knight1971
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Weird. I saw this article on Yahoo earlier today & looked at all 10 pics they took but now the link is gone.:peoples:

TheOldHob
05-30-2008, 04:54 PM
The pictures look so like you would expect them to that you have to question if they're real.

But at the same time I love stories like this. Even if it were a hoax, it opens up a debate about a real topic. And even if it were a hoax it would still end up being a good story.

endsongjen
05-30-2008, 04:57 PM
:laugh: ryche!

they do look fake but itd be interesting if they were real. cool!

CessnaDriver
05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
The pictures look so like you would expect them to that you have to question if they're real.

But at the same time I love stories like this. Even if it were a hoax, it opens up a debate about a real topic. And even if it were a hoax it would still end up being a good story.

They may have already made that movie...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71D4T0C173L._SL500_AA280_.gif

riderV3
05-31-2008, 04:38 AM
There definitely are those tribes isolated from current world but I don't see the point of faking one and put it on the news, it does them no good.

CessnaDriver
05-31-2008, 05:03 AM
There definitely are those tribes isolated from current world but I don't see the point of faking one and put it on the news, it does them no good.

Certainly there is a reason to hype the story, perhaps embellish, because they can use it to get their message out... stopping deforestation or cultural respect for indiginous peoples.

Did they wait to break the story until the Indy movie was out to maximize coverage?

I dont doubt there are very isolated peoples.

But a few photos from the air proves nothing, other then people are in a remote area.

I imagine they talk to other tribes at a minimum, so probably hear stories at least of the rest of the world on some level.

It's possible they are not as unaware of the rest of the world as these news storys are trying to say they are.

They have no way of knowing what they know about the world or who they have had contact with, unless they contact them.

The pictures just looked so dramatic, right out of the movies rather then national geographic, perhaps they caught them during a special ritual hence the very bright painted bodies.

It will be interesting to to hear what experts think of the photos.

I have just grown to be a skeptic of sensationalized new storys. Often months later, we learn things were not quite as first reported.

riderV3
05-31-2008, 12:30 PM
If that's the motivation then GOOD! That's doing a favor to our mother earth and all human kind.

Like you said some funny pics can prove pretty much nothing so I still don't know why the news bother to report this thing.

Certainly there is a reason to hype the story, perhaps embellish, because they can use it to get their message out... stopping deforestation or cultural respect for indiginous peoples.
Did they wait to break the story until the Indy movie was out to maximize coverage?

I dont doubt there are very isolated peoples.

But a few photos from the air proves nothing, other then people are in a remote area.

I imagine they talk to other tribes at a minimum, so probably hear stories at least of the rest of the world on some level.

It's possible they are not as unaware of the rest of the world as these news storys are trying to say they are.

They have no way of knowing what they know about the world or who they have had contact with, unless they contact them.

The pictures just looked so dramatic, right out of the movies rather then national geographic, perhaps they caught them during a special ritual hence the very bright painted bodies.

It will be interesting to to hear what experts think of the photos.

I have just grown to be a skeptic of sensationalized new storys. Often months later, we learn things were not quite as first reported.

biglebowski9999
05-31-2008, 12:43 PM

No doubt about that.

But I have no idea where you are going w/ the Indy angle there, lol.

CessnaDriver
05-31-2008, 03:26 PM
No doubt about that.

But I have no idea where you are going w/ the Indy angle there, lol.

Big movie, that has the jungle and indigineous peoples in it.
Just something that might have crossed their minds as to when they break this story for better exposure.

When were those pictures taken? last week? or months ago?

I support conservation and not harrasing those people. I am not questioning that.

But I just think the story is be being sensationalized a bit for the message, rather then just reporting the simple facts.

And I will keep my ears open in the months to come about these people as more experts chime in.

Collection King 13
05-31-2008, 04:36 PM
They may have already made that movie...

:laugh: Thats what I thought of too!

Brru
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
So it's ok to terrify them with a giant, flying, noisy, mettalic beast that they've never seen before, but we can't let them know other people and civilizations exist? :confused:

That was my thought. what is that phrase? Just by observing the experiment you change the outcome? Wouldn't flying over them mean you just contacted them in some form?

armitage
06-24-2008, 02:19 AM
The Not-So-Lost Tribe
by Mike Krumboltz

June 23, 2008 06:09:40 PM

Even in an age when cynical sleuths can hyper-analyze stories for truth and accuracy, the occasional hoax still slips through the cracks. Such was the case with a so-called "lost Amazon tribe."

A few months ago, mainstream news outlets (including, ahem, Yahoo!) reported that a photographer had found a lost tribe of warriors near the Brazilian-Peruvian border. Photos of the tribe backed up his claim.

As it turns out, the story is only half true. The men in the photo are members of a tribe, but it certainly ain't "lost." In fact, as the photographer, José Carlos Meirelles, recently explained, authorities have known about this particular tribe since 1910. The photographer and the agency that released the pictures wanted to make it seem like they were members of a lost tribe in order to call attention to the dangers the logging industry may have on the group.

The photographer recently came clean, and news outlets, perhaps embarrassed at having been taken for a ride, have been slow to pick up the story. Now, the word is starting to spread and articles in the Buzz are picking up steam. Expect a lot more brutal truth in the coming days.

This story turned out to be more garbage from the media.
I have an agenda I'd like to push on people.. maybe I'll become a reporter too and make some sh!t up to
impose my view through the guise of journalism.

CessnaDriver
06-24-2008, 02:37 AM
Looks like us skeptics have been correct in our doubts.

Never put full trust in the media. Always look for verification of wild claims.

This aint my first dance with this kind of thing, as I am sure many of us have had similar experience questioning the medias claims.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? shame on me.

Perhaps the media should think about that a little next time.

Endless Wake
06-24-2008, 08:04 AM
I knew it! lol, nice find Armitage! That photo looked straight out of a B movie.

Davidian
06-24-2008, 08:13 AM

That was a funny movie.

Brru
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
The photographer recently came clean, and news outlets, perhaps embarrassed at having been taken for a ride, have been slow to pick up the story.

slow? This was news 3 weeks ago and I havent heard anything about it being a hoax. I really dont expect to either.

armitage
06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
slow? This was news 3 weeks ago and I havent heard anything about it being a hoax. I really dont expect to either.

What are you talking about?
It is a hoax. It's been reported as a hoax by the press.