PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming sideshow busts/statues

P1X4R
08-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Lots of cools products coming from Sideshow! I'm looking forward to getting
TX head, Terminator endoskeleton, Endo arm, Alien Queen bust, Green Goblin,
and the new Star Wars license of 1/3 scale statues. I'm still on the fence with
Luke though. That face just seems a bit odd to me. Well, it's a prototype. If
I don't like it then I'll just cancel my pre-order.

d rod
08-14-2004, 02:28 AM
They are planning to work on the face a bit more.

P1X4R
08-14-2004, 02:30 AM
oh, and the LOTR statues (Morgul Lord, Sauron). I'd better get these. LOL.
I've got them pre-ordered (not through Sidshowtoy.com though).

Krypton Knight
08-14-2004, 11:36 AM
The Morgul Lord statue will be shipping soon. Here's an e-mail I got from Sideshow about it-

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Morgul Lord Statue (item# 9338) from our The Lord of the Rings Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for this Sold Out item to arrive into our warehouse. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

We are anticipating partial shipments to arrive into our warehouse for the item that you ordered. This means that items will be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. To give you a better idea of when you can expect your shipment, please see below.

Orders placed on or before January 24th, 2004 are expected to ship the week of August 23, 2004.

Orders placed between January 25th thru January 30, 2004 are expected to ship the week of August 30, 2004.

All Orders placed after January 30th are expected to ship Mid September when we receive our final shipment of these statues.

Comicboy
08-14-2004, 07:32 PM
I can't wait for this stuff to come out. I have Gandalf/Shadowfax - Sauron - Morgul Lord - Balroc - Elendil - Mouth of Sauron all on pre-order. I just got a friend of mine hooked on these. He went big right off the bat and got Ringwraith on Steed and Witchking minibust. I showed him some of the older stuff and now he wants it all. I told him I hope he has deep pockets.

MONSTER
08-14-2004, 09:25 PM
I have got way too much on order from Sideshow:

Luke
Sauron
Sauron Helm
Newborn Uruk-hai
Morgul Lord
Boromir
Gothmog on Warg
The Balrog of Moria - New Sculpture
Shelob
Eowyn as Dernhelm
Gandalf the White on Shadowfax

grendelscott
08-15-2004, 02:15 AM
I'm thinking about the Luke and Han, as well as the Terminator endoskeleton.

Zurbaran1
08-15-2004, 08:19 PM
I just received a very interesting piece from Sideshow and it has to be one of their rarer pieces. I don't know how many of you folks are familiar with the movie The Devil's Backbone. It's a Spanish film done by Guillermo del Toro who directed Hellboy. Well as an homage to del Toro, Sideshow released a piece based on the movie. It's called Santi With Bomb and there were only 100 made. It comes with the Special Edition Devil's Backbone DVD. When I opened the box today I got a very pleasant surprise. The DVDs included have all been personally signed by del Toro himself and I don't believe this was mentioned in the solicitations for the piece :) If you haven't seen the movie, check it out!

P1X4R
08-15-2004, 10:13 PM
looks like a pretty cool movie but i think it's too freaky for me to have that in
my collection! =P

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=devilsbackbone

speaking of creepy movies check out Ju On (japanese, director of ringu?) and
the upcoming american version 'The Grudge'.

DDura711
08-15-2004, 10:41 PM
looks like a pretty cool movie but i think it's too freaky for me to have that in
my collection! =P

That is the freakiest thing I have even seen in a statue. I don't think I could have that sitting on my desk, stairing at me, watching..... :eek:

Zurbaran1
08-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Aw, you guys are just wusses, afraid of a little statue ;)

Crom
08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
I really enjoyed this movie. I think a lot of people should check this and Chronos(sp?) out to see just how talented a director Del Toro is. I love Hellboy and Blade II. But they are straight up action movies. In Backbone and Chronos Del Toro demonstrates that he can tell a slower, more chilling story.

Can't wait to see what the man does next.

Zurb, that is a hideously cool statue. Congrats on the signed DVD!

ashley76
08-16-2004, 04:17 PM
That thing is just to freaky. I think it would scare all of my other busts.

Zurbaran1
08-16-2004, 04:28 PM
That thing is just to freaky. I think it would scare all of my other busts.

Well if it scares all of your busts on over to my place I'll let you borrow it for a few days :D

CKinSD
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
damn Zurb that is wild. congrats ont he score though.

Now for me I love that new Green Goblin 1/4 scale that Martin Candale of Gore group sculpted for them. That is for sure the scariest green goblin ever done.

The wolverine is cool as well but his clothes are to new looking. to me wolverine would have an old leather jacket and worn jeans not new ones for both. I dig the cigar in this one. Politically incorect works for me.

Tao
08-20-2004, 10:28 PM
I may not sleep tonight after seeing that....

Superhero
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
damn Zurb that is wild. congrats ont he score though.

Now for me I love that new Green Goblin 1/4 scale that Martin Candale of Gore group sculpted for them. That is for sure the scariest green goblin ever done.

The wolverine is cool as well but his clothes are to new looking. to me wolverine would have an old leather jacket and worn jeans not new ones for both. I dig the cigar in this one. Politically incorect works for me.

CKinSD, I love those statues and ordered both the Wolverine and the Green Goblin at Comic-con but there was one thing I couldn't put my finger on that bothered me about the Wolverine statue (other than the slightly oversized head) and it is the clothes, you are right, they are too new looking. Wonder if we could convince Sideshow to give them that worn in, comfortable "I just kicked Sabertooth's butt" look. :peoples:

d rod
08-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Throw it in the thread:
Statue Forum > Main > Press Releases
August Interview: Mat Falls - Sculptor/Owner of Sideshow
and see what he says. He has been aware that the fans have taken notice to that.

homerthegreat
08-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Here's a link to Michael Crawford's review of the 12" Abe Sapien (since it won't let me use the hyperlink buton) :

http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_082004a.htm

MONSTER
09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I just received a very interesting piece from Sideshow and it has to be one of their rarer pieces. I don't know how many of you folks are familiar with the movie The Devil's Backbone. It's a Spanish film done by Guillermo del Toro who directed Hellboy. Well as an homage to del Toro, Sideshow released a piece based on the movie. It's called Santi With Bomb and there were only 100 made. It comes with the Special Edition Devil's Backbone DVD. When I opened the box today I got a very pleasant surprise. The DVDs included have all been personally signed by del Toro himself and I don't believe this was mentioned in the solicitations for the piece :) If you haven't seen the movie, check it out!

Zurb-I put myself on the Sideshow waiting list for Santi with Bomb after seeing your post and they actually contacted me today!!!

Looks like I will be adding it to my collection as well. Thanks for letting us know about this treasure!

I just hope it does not give me nightmares!

JetBlackMac
09-02-2004, 12:55 AM

Devils Backbone is a great flick, I just picked it up about 2 weeks ago.
I've already watched it 4 times.
This statue looks great ta boot.

Zurbaran1
09-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Zurb-I put myself on the Sideshow waiting list for Santi with Bomb after seeing your post and they actually contacted me today!!!

Looks like I will be adding it to my collection as well. Thanks for letting us know about this treasure!

I just hope it does not give me nightmares!

Wow! That's great. And I have to say, I'm surprised. They only made 100 of these and it sold out fairly quick. Someone must have canceled or had their credit card rejected. I got mine through eBay. Funny though, I'm pretty sure I had put my name on the waiting list a while back. I'll have to check to see if they've sent me anything. I'd think about getting a second one as a possible investment if they did contact me. Does anyone know how their waiting list works? I've been following these on eBay and they've been going from around $375-550 or so as pre-orders. As soon as they started shipping and the autographed DVD was announced someone put one up starting at $1499 with a BIN of $1999. It didn't sell but has been relisted at $1499 and I see that there's actually one bid at that price! I don't know how kosher it is because the bidder has -1 feedback. Regardless, while this may be no Balrog, it sure is a great piece and the extremely limited release certainly gives it an aura. Won't hurt the piece any as del Toro grows in popularity.

DLMEsquire
09-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I checked it out, based upon your reccommendation Zurb, but it's a bit too creepy for me, especially at those scary prices! :-)

MONSTER
09-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Wow! That's great. And I have to say, I'm surprised. They only made 100 of these and it sold out fairly quick. Someone must have canceled or had their credit card rejected. I got mine through eBay. Funny though, I'm pretty sure I had put my name on the waiting list a while back. I'll have to check to see if they've sent me anything. I'd think about getting a second one as a possible investment if they did contact me. Does anyone know how their waiting list works? I've been following these on eBay and they've been going from around $375-550 or so as pre-orders. As soon as they started shipping and the autographed DVD was announced someone put one up starting at $1499 with a BIN of $1999. It didn't sell but has been relisted at $1499 and I see that there's actually one bid at that price! I don't know how kosher it is because the bidder has -1 feedback. Regardless, while this may be no Balrog, it sure is a great piece and the extremely limited release certainly gives it an aura. Won't hurt the piece any as del Toro grows in popularity.

This is the 1st time I have ever been contacted by Sideshow after putting my name on the waiting list.

Jennifer from Sideshow e-mailed me on August 31st. I can't wait to get it!

Thanks again for the info Zurb!

MONSTER
09-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Just got the Santi with Bomb statue today #70 out of 100. The detail is incredible!!! I will have to check out the dvd tonight.

madjazz
09-12-2004, 12:40 PM
my collection! =P

Looking forward to The Grudge. This will be Sarah Michelle Gellar's first serious work since Buffy. (Scooby Doo is cool, but will never count as high drama or real acting.)

Zurbaran1
09-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Just got the Santi with Bomb statue today #70 out of 100. The detail is incredible!!! I will have to check out the dvd tonight.

Congrats, that's a good score. Dude, you owe me :D The way the Sideshow stuff is going up in price I can't see this one not going through the roof eventually. I mean look, there are only 100 in existence. The only thing holding it back is that it is not a high profile property like LOTR. But mark my words, this one is going to go steadily up in value. Enjoy it and let me know what you think of the DVD.

CKinSD
09-13-2004, 02:22 PM
that is a neat but creapy piece. kinda cool.

Zurbaran1
09-13-2004, 02:51 PM
that is a neat but creapy piece. kinda cool.

CK, it is very unique and very cool indeed. I paid a little bit of a premium for mine, not too bad, but I thought it was well worth it. Now that I think about it, Monster should cover my mark up. Yeah, I like that.

MONSTER
09-13-2004, 10:46 PM
CK, it is very unique and very cool indeed. I paid a little bit of a premium for mine, not too bad, but I thought it was well worth it. Now that I think about it, Monster should cover my mark up. Yeah, I like that.

That'll happen. :tounge:

I have not had a chance to check out the DVD yet but its on the top of my "need to watch" stack.

boondocksaint
09-13-2004, 10:48 PM
i want a lurtz bust anyone have for trade?

Sithlord32
02-18-2014, 08:10 PM
Just saw this for the 1st time. Newborn Uruk-hai....this is quite possibly the most undesriable statue I have ever seen from SS....
http://www.xivexmm.com/ebay/newborn/8703_image01.jpg

GedTasker
02-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Old thread this fella...

MONSTER
02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
How did you dig up a nearly 10 year old thread?

VS1976
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
How did you dig up a nearly 10 year old thread?

Google search lol