PDA

View Full Version : Puppy-throwing Marine is removed from Corps

Frinky
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
It's nice to see that the Marines did something about this.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A U.S. Marine videotaped throwing a puppy over a cliff while on patrol in Iraq has been kicked out of the Corps, and a second Marine involved has been disciplined, according to a statement released by the Marines.

Lance Cpl. David Motari, based in Hawaii with the 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, is being "processed for separation" and received non-judicial punishment, officials said in the statement Wednesday night. The Marine Corps would not specify what that punishment was because of privacy regulations.

The statement said Motari received the punishment for his role in the "episode which generated international attention."

The incident appeared on the Internet web site YouTube in March, sparking outrage from animal rights groups around the world.

In the video, Motari is seen throwing the dog off a cliff as it yelps.

A second Marine, San Diego-based Sgt. Crismarvin Banez Encarnacion, received non-judicial punishment as well.

Janice Hagar, a spokeswoman for the Marines in San Diego, said Encarnacion shot the video.

Marine officials at the Pentagon would not disclose the severity of the disciplinary action against Encarnacion, also because of privacy regulations.

CNN did not receive a response from the Marine Corps in San Diego to questions about the case.

The statement said the Marines conducted an investigation as soon as the YouTube video came to the attention of commanders.

"The actions seen in the Internet video are contrary to the high standards we expect of every Marine and will not be tolerated," according to the statement.

On the video, Motari smiles as he is holding the puppy and then hurls the dog over a cliff. An unknown person operating the video cameras is heard laughing and another voice saying "that's mean, Motari."

In a statement, the Humane Society of the United States applauded the Marine Corps' decision to punish those involved.

"The bad actors in this case have been dealt with by the Marine Corps, which rightly recognizes that harming animals is unacceptable conduct," said Dale Bartlett, the group's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "Now, the Department of Defense and the Congress must step up protection from cruelty for all animals under the law governing military conduct."

twoferflinchin
06-15-2008, 04:41 AM
I say they just push this tool off a cliff. Problem solved.

Juggernaut
06-15-2008, 05:14 AM
I must admit that even though they kicked him of the Corps I still don't think that's enough I have very evil thaughts about those men that did this to the puppy.

I hope they never get any solice in life or the afterlife.

biglebowski9999
06-15-2008, 07:56 AM
I hope this POS is miserable for the rest of his pathetic little life.

VinReaper
06-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Ditto to all the above comments!!!

VR

scott
06-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I love animals just as much as the next guy, but I think it is so messed up that people care more for them then kids. Case in point... Vick goes to jail for dog fighting. R. Kelly walks after being on tape with a 13 year old as well as a handful of witness testify against him. Now if R. Kelly was on tape with a dog or horse, then maybe people might be upset.:banghead:

Jesse321
06-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I say they just push this tool off a cliff. Problem solved.

Works for me! :thumbs2:

Jesse321
06-15-2008, 04:55 PM
I love animals just as much as the next guy, but I think it is so messed up that people care more for them then kids. Case in point... Vick goes to jail for dog fighting. R. Kelly walks after being on tape with a 13 year old as well as a handful of witness testify against him. Now if R. Kelly was on tape with a dog or horse, then maybe people might be upset.:banghead:

Far as I'm concerned, both of them are scum, and neither deserve the air they're being allowed to breath!

risingstar
06-15-2008, 05:00 PM
It's a shame that the military, in its deperation to raise the number of its ranks, isn't as compelled to run thorough mental health exams prior to any official enlistment. While I can appreciate the desire to defend one's country's interest, there seems to be more than just a few crackpots slipping through the cracks...

Vracula
06-15-2008, 05:52 PM
yuck.Thats despicable to put it kindly!

HalJordanFan
06-15-2008, 10:54 PM
I'd like to throw him off a cliff. And as for R. Kelly he'll get him in the afterlife.

SD RUM
06-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Can that marine still get prosecuted for animal cruelty & face prison time or is he just kicked out of the Corps?

This guy should get throwned into a steel cage filled w/ Pittbulls & Rottweilers!!

JM28Cardiff
06-16-2008, 04:58 AM
The armed forces (of any country) have always contained "the scum of the earth" (to quote Wellington).