PDA

View Full Version : FON Moderator nominees VOTE NOW

boondocksaint
06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
vote for the fon section moderator

TNovak
06-16-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm obviously not in FON but is it one mod per group thread or two? Are they supposed to vote for one and the top two get it or are they supposed to vote for two. I guess if its only one then my question is idiotic, in which case feel free to give me the clubbing smiley.

superdoug
06-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I formally withdraw my name from this vote. It's not fair that anyone who never comes into our thread has the ability to choose our Mod based on on off-thread lobbying.

bat_collector
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm sorry, people who don't post in our thread eveni in a semi-regular basis should have no say in who is the mod.

Avenger
06-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I formally withdraw my name from this vote. It's not fair that anyone who never comes into our thread has the ability to choose our Mod based on on off-thread lobbying.

Hang in there Doug....you are perfect for the job. :thumbs2:

superdoug
06-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I can't compete with campaigning directed at non-FON members of this Forum.

Jesse321
06-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Hang in there Doug....you are perfect for the job. :thumbs2:
Couldn't agree more, which is why I voted for you and him!

I didn't vote for Jase because I didn't want to be accused of bribing him with sexual favors. :D

Avenger
06-16-2008, 11:54 PM

I didn't vote for Jase because I didn't want to be accused of bribing him with sexual favors. :D

I went with the bribe :D

Jesse321
06-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Oh I'm still going to bribe him, make no mistake, I just didn't want to be accused of it. :laugh:

And as far as I'm concerned, only the votes of people that actually participate in the threads should be counted.

Jase

Interesting strategy. Hope it works out for you! :peoples:

I went with the bribe :D

You sir, have been moved to the top of the list! :buttrock:

TNovak
I know I said I wasn't going to vote earlier because I didn't think I should, since its not my thread, but since so many others are who frequent the thread less than I do I think I will vote,if there are no objections.

Personally, I don't know why anybody would want to be a mod, extra work and extra time for no pay, but hey whatever I guess.

Jase
06-17-2008, 12:01 AM
This is a disaster, and NOT how it should be done. I vote that the election cease until we can figure out another way.

Avenger
06-17-2008, 12:11 AM
This is a disaster, and NOT how it should be done. I vote that the election cease until we can figure out another way.

:laugh:

Like a bunch of gay men could make anything simple. :rolleyes2

TNovak
06-17-2008, 12:14 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/2/1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to insert pics anymore :(

Merlose
06-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I can't compete with campaigning directed at non-FON members of this Forum.

Obviously your comment is directed at me. Most of you have had your prejudices against me from the start and because and the fact that you're voting for each other is no different. There have already been people that don't post regularly vote for you and for Avenger, but somehow you don't mention that. There are other people on this forum that know that I would be good to do this and to my credit that speaks very well of me. And not to toot my own horn but some of you have come to certain conclusions about me mostly because I've been strong in defending myself against attacks on here, and the fact that there are folk that are impartial to the goings on in here who know me well enough to know that I would do a good job again speaks volumes. I started this thread because people everyone else around was too afraid to do so, and if I've shown anything is that I can gather people together. If you want to hold that against me Doug then go ahead. You guys started smearing me even in just doing this, you even said I was "tacky" for nominating myself yet you don't feel its tacky to vote for yourself? No offense Doug, you know that I like you but your comments seem more like they're anti Merlose more than they are pro Doug which doesn't seem very well-intentioned.

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM

Like a bunch of gay men could make anything simple. :rolleyes2

lol too true

superdoug
06-17-2008, 12:20 AM
Obviously your comment is directed at me. Most of you have had your prejudices against me from the start and because and the fact that you're voting for each other is no different. There have already been people that don't post regularly vote for you and for Avenger, but somehow you don't mention that. There are other people on this forum that know that I would be good to do this and to my credit that speaks very well of me. And not to toot my own horn but some of you have come to certain conclusions about me mostly because I've been strong in defending myself against attacks on here, and the fact that there are folk that are impartial to the goings on in here who know me well enough to know that I would do a good job which again speaks volumes. I started this thread because people everyone else around was too afraid to do so, and if I've shown anything is that I can gather people together. If you want to hold that against me Doug then go ahead.

I don't hold it against you that you toot your own horn. Hell, if I don't pat myself on the back from time to time. But there have been people who have never ever before posted in this forum voting on this, and that's a direct result of you going off-thread to direct them here to do so.

You think you can do a good job; I'm not arguing with your ability. I'm offended by your method of securing a spot. The fact of the matter is that your approach to this whole situation has been less than serious when dealing with those directly affected by the outcome. It seems, to the outside observer, that you're securing your victory with outside votes because you're not sure that you can carry the internal votes necessary.

I have no problem with you personally, Merl. You should know that by now. I've been grouchy about the off-thread campaigning from the get-go, which is why I wanted to limit the voting to the top posters in the FON main thread.

We're still good. At least on my end. :thumbs2:

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 12:21 AM
The people who voted for Doug and Avenger, with the exception of ONE person, are all regular members of FON who post here on a pretty much daily basis for months now.

And I dare say Avenger is probably one of the top respected posters on this entire forum who in no way can be seen as a divisive person.

He didn't even vote for himself, which speaks volumes to me on his ability to lead this group.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 12:37 AM
You think you can do a good job; I'm not arguing with your ability. I'm offended by your method of securing a spot. The fact of the matter is that your approach to this whole situation has been less than serious when dealing with those directly affected by the outcome. It seems, to the outside observer, that you're securing your victory with outside votes because you're not sure that you can carry the internal votes necessary.

Just because I like to keep a sense of humor and have doesn't mean that I'm not serious. I've been nothing but nice to the lot of you but once again you guys have always treated me like I was outside of some personal clique despite the fact that this thread would not even be hear because of me. Its not even going to be a question if Nuff is going to moderate ROT since he started it but when it comes to me you guys have been quick to gang up on me, without even giving me a chance. You of all people on this thread know manipulation and b.s. that I've had to deal with on this thread and if I entertained the thought of being a mod its because I think I could prevent these things from happening to new members. :)

Jase
06-17-2008, 01:48 AM
I think that you're a little TOO close to the FON thread Merl. Obsessed maybe?

Jase
06-17-2008, 01:53 AM
If this BS voting wins the mod position, we can always start another group. :thumbs2:

Tattoo-S
06-17-2008, 01:57 AM
so who decides who is a member or not. Hmmm, I mean a current poster/participant? I was a big poster for some time, then I got away from it, then I got sick and found myself away from the entire site. Just for the record, I agree, people are are only hit and miss, don't deserve to vote. Also while I am avidly against polls, I would have voted for Avenger and Merlose. However I have to admit, it is for reasons that really have little to do with the thread itself. :confused2:

Black Cat
06-17-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm sorry, people who don't post in our thread eveni in a semi-regular basis should have no say in who is the mod.

I kinda agree with this but before this new FON thread was made I was in the top posters and just haven't posted much in the new thread so I voted

Dougy - don't give up, you will do a great job

Merl - don't cave, the boards need humor and you got it

Avenger - Good luck and if you get the spot I know you will do a great job as well. I actually didn't know you were running until a few mins ago

Avenger
06-17-2008, 02:01 AM
I kinda agree with this but before this new FON thread was made I was in the top posters and just haven't posted much in the new thread so I voted

Dougy - don't give up, you will do a great job

Merl - don't cave, the boards need humor

Looks aren't everything :laugh:

J/K Merl :wink2:

Black Cat
06-17-2008, 02:04 AM

lol hey I added you in that as well

Tattoo-S
06-17-2008, 02:05 AM

Thank God.......:redface:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 02:24 AM
I think that you're a little TOO close to the FON thread Merl. Obsessed maybe?

Just dedicated. This has always been a fun place for me despite the rough patches and the misunderstandings, and I would love to see more folks post on here without the sense of alienation just because they're "not the top posters" It may sound silly to you Jase, but I'm proud to have this thread, before I really started posting on this forum and I was just lurking around....I read a lot of homophobic remarks on this forum, and just from knowing tons of comic fans in general it seems like its common place which is a shame. :thumbsdow
I think that if anything as a group we've shown that we can move past that and integrate all kinds of people into this group that are accepting of each other. :thumbs2:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 02:25 AM

:tounge:

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Oh I'm still going to bribe him, make no mistake, I just didn't want to be accused of it. :laugh:

And as far as I'm concerned, only the votes of people that actually participate in the threads should be counted.

Spoken like a true politician! I'm just glad that the head mods are allowing us all to vote. :thumbs2:

JDH
06-17-2008, 07:08 AM
You guys have to be happy with this as a whole. I'm inclined to agree that people who haven't really been part of your threads shouldn't have a say, but this is set up as a public poll, so it's easy to see if drop-in voters are skewing the results. Tell you what, if someone would like to compile a list for me of all the contributors to the main Northstar Friends threads, we can either amend the results of this poll or, if you like, hold a new one with a published list of who is eligible to vote.

You guys are blessed to have so many very worthy candidates, both those included in this set of nominations and those not included, for whatever reason.

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 09:05 AM
ay dios, i am staying out of this!

Jase
06-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Just dedicated.

I think it comes off more like "ownership" over FON. Sometimes being overly-passionate about something can blind you and make it difficult to look at things in a fair manner. :thumbs2:

JDH
06-17-2008, 09:21 AM
It's worth remembering that, despite all the hoopla, this shouldn't have a major effect. The section mods will be there to help us, by spotting any problems, deailng with any posts that are offensive or against forum rules. This is a group which has caused barely any problems, so by and large they'll have nothing to do. It isn't a case of them being in charge or bossing the rest of you around. I hope that we don't see any kind of 'well, if he's a section mod, I'm not posting here any more' reactions. That would be a shame for a group that has brought the forum some of its most diverse and entertaining discussions over the last couple of years.

malkii
06-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I don't think anyone here would be like that... Once this is over, I think things will go back to normal... As long as the Mods here do just inforce the rules and do what they are supposed to do...

galactus
06-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Haha, I think you guys are getting a good idea of what its like to BE a mod, considering you can't even decide how to choose one.

FON members should figure out, on their own, how they want to choose their moderators. If you want outside votes, thats fine. If you don't, make a list of people who you feel should have a say in the process.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
There are people voting who I've never even seen on the boards, much less in FON, and that's not the way it should work.

Here's a list from the 3 threads of the top posters ... I stopped the copying where the posts count significantly dropped.

Original thread

bat_collector 2,111
Jesse321 1,697
malkii 1,222
Avenger 1,034
Jase 792
superdoug 673
cougartrace 492
Black Cat 469
IceWing 388
Teague 363
CocoPUFF 333
Tattoo-S 280
TNovak 224
mwf6171 196
boondocksaint 150
Ink 114
JDH 99
Batwing 62

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Version 2

Merlose 1,630
bat_collector 1,273
endsongjen 970
Jesse321 955
JonoJ108 867
Jase 606
Avenger 544
IceWing 541
superdoug 537
malkii 469
CocoPUFF 312
Teague 243
Ink 236
cougartrace 211
mwf6171 197
TNovak 139
Dark Knight 73

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Version 3

JonoJ108 946
bat_collector 874
endsongjen 872
Jesse321 583
superdoug 579
IceWing 384
Jase 353
Ink 216
CocoPUFF 196
TNovak 127
cougartrace 122
malkii 121
Argonus 107
mwf6171 63
Avenger 60
Teague 48
JDH 43

DFury
06-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Damn Jessie I thought I had posted in here a few times...

any hoot.. the poll CAN always be edited and or started over..

df
Rick

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 09:57 AM
That's not everyone Rick, and you did have a few posts here and there. :)

I just don't think that people who posted only once or twice over a 30K + post count history should hold sway over the situation ... much less people how haven't ever posted at all.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 09:58 AM
And just to be fair, as Mike pointed out, one shouldn't be able to vote for themselves.

Jase
06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
That's not everyone Rick, and you did have a few posts here and there. :)

I just don't think that people who posted only once or twice over a 30K + post count history should hold sway over the situation ... much less people how haven't ever posted at all.

I think most of us agree with you on that Jesse!

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:01 AM
And just to be fair, as Mike pointed out, one shouldn't be able to vote for themselves.

But...but...that's 1/4 of my total votes! :laugh:

TNovak
06-17-2008, 10:05 AM

But...but...that's 1/4 of my total votes! :laugh:

I don't think anyone should be prohibited from voting for themselves. The reason they want to be a mod is because they believe they are best for the job. After all, if you don't believe in yourself, who will?

I agree that it may be classy and noble to not vote for yourself, it shouldn't be prohibited IMO. :)

JDH
06-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks Jesse. Voting should be restricted to those members if the majority of you agree.

Now, what happened to me during FON2? :)

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Weren't we talking about just allowing the top 15 overall FON posters to vote?

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 10:16 AM
OMG, holdyourfireal voted in this thread????

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Morning Mikey ;)

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think anyone should be prohibited from voting for themselves. The reason they want to be a mod is because they believe they are best for the job. After all, if you don't believe in yourself, who will?
The point is that if everyone would vote for themselves, then they just just all start off with one vote to begin with ... what's the point of that?

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:21 AM

And who the heck are Weapon X and Dark69? I've never even seen them on the boards much less in FON.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I think it comes off more like "ownership" over FON. Sometimes being overly-passionate about something can blind you and make it difficult to look at things in a fair manner. :thumbs2:

As I said before that I enjoy the diversity of posters in here, hence that's not taking ownership. I think personal biases also make blind you to look at things in a fair manner, and quite frankly everybody here knows that you seem to have some personal problem with me. ITs that personal bias that prevents people from pointing out and talking positive things about the 4 people nominated but rather to point at me and quickly cry "foul" before accounting for the positive points.
Its clear that everyone wants Scott(Avenger) to do this job and I even agree with you, however this is suppose to be for 2 people. Now out of the rest of the people up for the vote I think I would do the best job, and you want to hold it against me that I can bring in people that that don't normally post. Which is my biggest problem why people don't come around here is because to such a tight community you tend to invalidate any outside opinions you don't agree with. So to discredit other people is to really discredit the rest of the forum.

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:25 AM
As I said before that I enjoy the diversity of posters in here, hence that's not taking ownership. I think personal biases also make blind you to look at things in a fair manner, and quite frankly everybody here knows that you seem to have some personal problem with me. ITs that personal bias that prevents people from pointing out and talking positive things about the 4 people nominated but rather to point at me and quickly cry "foul" before accounting for the positive points.
Its clear that everyone wants Scott(Avenger) to do this job and I even agree with you, however this is suppose to be for 2 people. Now out of the rest of the people up for the vote I think I would do the best job, and you want to hold it against me that I can bring in people that that don't normally post. Which is my biggest problem why people don't come around here is because to such a tight community you tend to invalidate any outside opinions you don't agree with. So to discredit other people is to really discredit the rest of the forum.

Are you referring to the people that popped in to vote for you, probably never to be seen again? :confused:

P.S. Not sure what this "personal problem" you refer to is.

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Weren't we talking about just allowing the top 15 overall FON posters to vote?

I still think a restricted voting should occur.

I would like to say I appreciate some of the things merl has done. He did start the thread and is a valued member of SF.com beyond FON.

On the other hand, I would like to say its not like there weren't any out gays on the board before the thread. Marvelboi, who doesn't even post there, never hid who he was, and jesse came out earlier as well. These two were the first two gay people I knew who had simiar hobbies and interests to me.

I feel myself the purpose of the section mod serves the needs of the people who participate most in FON. Hence, I strongly believe those who actively post there should have a say. I feel I have no right to vote for anyone as an amazon, gore, or Mafia mod, as I have no idea what the group dynamics of that group are. I might like person X, but I have no idea the group dynamics of person X has with the other members of that section.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:31 AM
The way I count it right now ...

Superdoug - 7 valid votes
Avenger - 8 valid votes
Merlose - 6 valid votes
Jase - 2 valid votes
Ink - 1 valid vote

Merlose
06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Are you referring to the people that popped in to vote for you, probably never to be seen again? :confused:

Maybe they're afraid of all this combatant conversation that tends to arise. If it wasn't there maybe they would feel welcome. :thumbs2:

Jase, you're very negative towards me you even tried to segregate me out, you even mentioned it once on this very thread, and seconded it as an option on this very thread. I joke around with you but sometimes it seems like you just take a little seriously. :)

superdoug
06-17-2008, 10:34 AM

Hey, Merl, you seem to be taking this a lot more personally than people are making it. It's not about whether you would do a good job or not. It's not about how many people you can bring in to post (although, I'll point out that the people who appeared and voted did NOT post their reasoning, which means that they just came in here to vote for you without knowing how you act or interact on this part of the forum.) The face you present in other threads is different from the one you use in here. Maybe not drastically, but enough that I feel that for you to go, say, into the Dazzler thread and say 'I'd be an awesome MOD! Everyone go and vote for me!; is sort of a misrepresentation on your part.

You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here. No one is attacking you personally, nor are they implying that you wouldn't do a good job. They're just saying that the people who have to interact with you in this forum should be the ones to decide whether or not you're capable of MODding.

You need to get off your high horse about your qualifications, because it's so not helping your case. :)

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:34 AM
I still think a restricted voting should occur.

I would like to say I appreciate some of the things merl has done. He did start the thread and is a valued member of SF.com beyond FON.

On the other hand, I would like to say its not like there weren't any out gays on the board before the thread. Marvelboi, who doesn't even post there, never hid who he was, and jesse came out earlier as well. These two were the first two gay people I knew who had simiar hobbies and interests to me.

I feel myself the purpose of the section mod serves the needs of the people who participate most in FON. Hence, I strongly believe those who actively post there should have a say. I feel I have no right to vote for anyone as an amazon, gore, or Mafia mod, as I have no idea what the group dynamics of that group are. I might like person X, but I have no idea the group dynamics of person X has with the other members of that section.

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Maybe they're afraid of all this combatant conversation that tends to arise. If it wasn't there maybe they would feel welcome. :thumbs2:

Jase, you're very negative towards me you even tried to segregate me out, you even mentioned it once on this very thread, and seconded it as an option on this very thread. I joke around with you but sometimes it seems like you just take a little seriously. :)

I tried to segregate you out?

There can be a nice balance between being serious and joking Merl, and most of the time you just can't stop joking. You dig and dig until you piss people off and they have to take a LOA from FON, yet you want everybody to think that you bring a bunch of people here.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:40 AM
You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here.
Playing politics. :thumbs2:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM

YEs but group dynamics change very quickly, as several people mentioned that they use to post frequently but now they don't, same that we get new heavy posters in here after all Jono has only been here since recently, and since has drastically changed the dynamic. And buy the same token Avenger, Jesse haven't posted here heavily in recent memory but would we discredit their opinions and contributions? No. This thread is certainly not now what it was like 4 months or 8 months ago because people change, opinions change etc. So to assume that the dynamics are always going to be the same is slightly naive.

Some of the people that have voted for me are heavy contributors to this forum and to think that they don't know how this group goes despite the fact that they don't post here seems unfair.

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 10:45 AM
YEs but group dynamics change very quickly, as several people mentioned that they use to post frequently but now they don't, same that we get new heavy posters in here after all Jono has only been here since recently, and since has drastically changed the dynamic. And buy the same token Avenger, Jesse haven't posted here heavily in recent memory but would we discredit their opinions and contributions? No. This thread is certainly not now what it was like 4 months or 8 months ago because people change, opinions change etc. So to assume that the dynamics are always going to be the same is slightly naive.

Some of the people that have voted for me are heavy contributors to this forum and to think that they don't know how this group goes despite the fact that they don't post here seems unfair.

so now i'm "heavy"??? :mad:

superdoug
06-17-2008, 10:46 AM

Yes, that's true. It does seem unfair. Which is why I haven't offered my vote in GORE or the Mafia, or even ROT, which I would have a right to do, because I -don't- post in those threads, and don't know all the players well enough to say one that I communicate, say, with here is better than someone I barely interact with. I don't think anyone would debate the level of my contribution to the forum as a whole.

So, while it's unfair to you, it's not a standard that I'm applying to only this forum. I'm holding myself to it, as well.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Jesse has been looking for a new job for the past 2 weeks, EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME if trivial things like my mortgage, health insurance, and livelihood interferes with my ability to maintain a high percentage post count in FON for a couple of weeks!! :rolleyes:

And Scott started a new job recently as well!

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Let's just settle this who can vote and who can't vote and be done with it. Seems to me that the majority of us want the vote restricted. We just need to define that restriction.

I vote that we allow the top 15 overall FON posters, from FONs 1-3.

superdoug
06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Okay, people! Please don't turn this into a study of character assassination! People have their reasons for everything.

Let's keep this to the vote, and who's eligible, please.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Yes, that's true. It does seem unfair. Which is why I haven't offered my vote in GORE or the Mafia, or even ROT, which I would have a right to do, because I -don't- post in those threads, and don't know all the players well enough to say one that I communicate, say, with here is better than someone I barely interact with. I don't think anyone would debate the level of my contribution to the forum as a whole.

So, while it's unfair to you, it's not a standard that I'm applying to only this forum. I'm holding myself to it, as well.
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: This is EXACTLY why you would make a most excellent MOD! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
so now i'm "heavy"??? :mad:

One part of you is! :thumbs2:

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
One part of you is! :thumbs2:

you leave my stone foot out of this!

Merlose
06-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey, Merl, you seem to be taking this a lot more personally than people are making it. It's not about whether you would do a good job or not. It's not about how many people you can bring in to post (although, I'll point out that the people who appeared and voted did NOT post their reasoning, which means that they just came in here to vote for you without knowing how you act or interact on this part of the forum.) The face you present in other threads is different from the one you use in here. Maybe not drastically, but enough that I feel that for you to go, say, into the Dazzler thread and say 'I'd be an awesome MOD! Everyone go and vote for me!; is sort of a misrepresentation on your part.

You certainly don't act like you're the victim on other threads. I don't know why you're doing it here. No one is attacking you personally, nor are they implying that you wouldn't do a good job. They're just saying that the people who have to interact with you in this forum should be the ones to decide whether or not you're capable of MODding.

You need to get off your high horse about your qualifications, because it's so not helping your case. :)

Doug I have just been trying to point out that I can be impartial to whomever may come waltzing in here, that's my point. And I'm not saying anyone is attacking me just that personal biases against me cloud judgment.

Honestly Doug I don't see that you could be, you didn't want to be up here when someone didn't mention your name and you wanted to opt out the second I had 2 votes form non regulars. And now you're telling me I need to "get off my horse" that's just plain rude.

Its clear some of you guys don't want me to do it fine its clear, but many of the same people that voted for Avenger who I feel are more impartial are the same ones that voted for me. However I'm sorry to say I don't feel that anyone else here besides Avenger and myself could do a good job.

TNovak
06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
This may seem a radical solution, but I'm just going to throw it out there. There seems to be a lot of desire on the part of certain people to be mods here (why I can't imagine). JDH has already said that it doesn't mean that mods can change any rules or anything or implement bans unilaterally or whatever. It is hard to stay on line and mod all the time anyway.

What if all three are allowed to be mods? I think all have valid points in their arguments and any other solution is going to leave at least someone really angry and possibly cause a lot of problems in the thread in particular and in the forum in general.

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 10:53 AM
showing support for the Westside!

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:54 AM
showing support for the Westside!

Then vote in the "Westside"

superdoug
06-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Okay. Before this degenerates any further, could a MOD lock this down, please? We need to figure out how we're going to work this vote so that character attacks aren't part of the process.

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Then vote in the "Westside"

don't be an ass Jesse

JonoJ108
This may seem a radical solution, but I'm just going to throw it out there. There seems to be a lot of desire on the part of certain people to be mods here (why I can't imagine). JDH has already said that it doesn't mean that mods can change any rules or anything or implement bans unilaterally or whatever. It is hard to stay on line and mod all the time anyway.

What if all three are allowed to be mods? I think all have valid points in their arguments and any other solution is going to leave at least someone really angry and possibly cause a lot of problems in the thread in particular and in the forum in general.

oh, thank God.

Jesse321
don't be an ass Jesse
I'm not Rick, I'm being honest, you participate in the "Westend" thread, then vote there ... that's been the point of this whole discussion.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Okay. Before this degenerates any further, could a MOD lock this down, please? We need to figure out how we're going to work this vote so that character attacks aren't part of the process.

What difference is this going to make? The discussion will only move to the main thread? :confused:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM

I don't think you're holding yourself to a standard Doug, you guys thing I'm being over the top fine I can accept that but I think you've been too emotional and clearly not ready to truly be impartial.

We can all agree that Avenger seems to be the choice. You know what, I'm fine with that just let him be the singular group mod and have it over with I'm okay with that.

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm not Rick, I'm being honest.

We were asked to show support and I did.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 10:59 AM
We were asked to show support and I did.

EXACTLY my point .. you were "asked" :thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't think you're holding yourself to a standard Doug, you guys thing I'm being over the top fine I can accept that but I think you've been too emotional and clearly not ready to truly be impartial.

Pot. Kettle. Black. :thumbs2:

malkii
06-17-2008, 11:05 AM

I agree with TNovak; lets just let all 3 me Mods. I really think all 3 would do a great job... If they all want it and are willing to do the job... let them all give it a try...

TNovak
06-17-2008, 11:08 AM
I agree with TNovak; lets just let all 3 me Mods. I really think all 3 would do a great job... If they all want it and are willing to do the job... let them all give it a try...

And with three you have the added plus that we could refer to them collectively as "The Mod Squad" :thumbs2:

It's win win, I think it works. Besides, that way it is more likely that at least one mod will be on most of the time.

malkii
06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
And with three you have the added plus that we could refer to them collectively as "The Mod Squad" :thumbs2:

It's win win, I think it works. Besides, that way it is more likely that at least one mod will be on most of the time.

The Mod Squad I love it...

And that way if there is a difference of opinion between 2 there is a third to help make a decision...

Jase
06-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think we need 3 mods for FON. 2 should be more than enough. :thumbs2:

malkii
06-17-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't think we need 3 mods for FON. 2 should be more than enough. :thumbs2:

come on now Jase that is a great compromise... :)

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
However I'm sorry to say I don't feel that anyone else here besides Avenger and myself could do a good job.

Well I'm sorry to say I disagree with that statement.

I don't think we need three mods either.

Jase
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
come on now Jase that is a great compromise... :)

There's no need for 3. We, as a community, need to come together and choose the 2 best qualified people. :)

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:18 AM

now you're just being rude. :thumbs2:

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM

I TOTALLY disagree with his statement as well, and I'm not one bit sorry about it. :)

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 11:20 AM
message deleted

Jase
06-17-2008, 11:21 AM
now you're just being rude. :thumbs2:

How was he being rude? Honestly Merl, you're really reaching now.

Merlose
I don't even know why this is going on. I clearly said just give it Scott. One is more than enough. I guess we only read what we want to read.

Jase
Merl, being rude is exactly the reason I don't think you qualify for being a mod here.

My opinion, nobody else has to share it.

But several do! :laugh:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:22 AM
How was he being rude? Honestly Merl, you're really reaching now.

he changed what he said before I realized it when I clicked quote, probably changed cus it was rude.

superdoug
06-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Again, I'm calling for this thread to be locked. It has devolved into a snipefest, and I don't think we're making any legitimate progress. Some people feel one way, and others feel another. it's probably not going to resolve itself easily in this vein.

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
god, it's like backstage at a pageant up in here--get control, ladies!

Jase
I don't even know why this is going on. I clearly said just give it Scott. One is more than enough. I guess we only read what we want to read.

Give it to Scott and then I'll give my vote count to Doug so he can be the second Mod. :thumbs2:

Jesse321
Again, I'm calling for this thread to be locked. It has devolved into a snipefest, and I don't think we're making any legitimate progress. Some people feel one way, and others feel another. it's probably not going to resolve itself easily in this vein.
While I agree that the likelihood of any progress is minimal, I don't see the point of locking this down. The "snipefest" (as you call it) will only move to another thread ... at least here, it's contained in some small manner. :)

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Merl, being rude is exactly the reason I don't think you qualify for being a mod here.

My opinion, nobody else has to share it.

You see Mike I don't really hold your character to high esteem either but I haven't made it a point to pick at those things.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 11:27 AM
god, it's like backstage at a pageant up in here--get control, ladies!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/mutley1.gif

Jase
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
You see Mike I don't really hold your character to high esteem either but I haven't made it a point to pick at those things.

Mike isn't running for a Mod position here. It's only fair to point out the strengths AND weaknesses of the potential mods. :thumbs2:

TNovak
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok plan B, since nobody likes my MOD squad idea, how about this. There seems to be general agreement that Scott/Avenger is a fine choice, we let him be one. After that it is evident that 2 of the 4 remaining candidates are in the running.

Suppose we have a second run-off poll with only those two choices, and allow to vote only those that you agree should vote. IMO it should not be restricted to just the top 15 posters, since as Black Cat and others have pointed out they like to post there but just haven't lately, but neither should it be open to just anyone regardless if they have ever posted in FON or not. Suppose you set a minimum threshold, say 50 posts in FON and then let the voting begin.

Also the votes should not be public this time. JDH can see who voted and make sure nobody inelligible votes. Then whoever wins wins and all parties agree never to mention it again. :thumbs2:

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
and this was supposed to be fun, lol

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 11:31 AM
at this point tnovak seems to be the best mod choice (along with avenger) around here

maybe we need a logical guy like him who doesn't get too easily caught up ni the drama to help out

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 11:32 AM
and this was supposed to be fun, lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/mutley1.gif

malkii
OK I am out, you all decide, i don't really care... i don't do anything here that needs to be moderated over...

the last think i will say at this point is I think we should just have one, Give it to Scott... I really think he is the person that could be most fair, and not be biased toward anyone else in this thread...

everyone else is clearly pointing out that they aren't ready for this position, with all the bickering going back and forth... it can really get old after awhile..

anyway that is my say, and I am outta here...

Jesse321
at this point tnovak seems to be the best mod choice around here

maybe we need a logical guy like him to help out
He's got my vote! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/mutley1.gif

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 11:37 AM
how did the statueforum's best gay bar become a student council meeting?!?

this is how the terrorists win, y'all.

TNovak
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
at this point tnovak seems to be the best mod choice (along with avenger) around here

maybe we need a logical guy like him who doesn't get too easily caught up ni the drama to help out

He's got my vote! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/mutley1.gif

:stick: :stick: I have absolutely no interest in extra work for no pay

But seriously, I am a little more emotionally detached and am just trying to come up with a solution to this that won't destroy your thread.

superdoug
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Just for the record, I am not upset or angry about anything. I just want everyone to get a fair vote. :thumbs2:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
OK I am out, you all decide, i don't really care... i don't do anything here that needs to be moderated over...

the last think i will say at this point is I think we should just have one, Give it to Scott... I really think he is the person that could be most fair, and not be biased toward anyone else in this thread...

everyone else is clearly pointing out that they aren't ready for this position, with all the bickering going back and forth... it can really get old after awhile..

anyway that is my say, and I am outta here...

I don't know how many times I've said this, or why its even being dragged on.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Just for the record, I am not upset or angry about anything. I just want everyone to get a fair vote. :thumbs2:

except for the people you don't feel are deserving of one.

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
But seriously, I am a little more emotionally detached and am just trying to come up with a solution to this that won't destroy your thread.

that's how you've got all these needy nellies eating out of your hand, mastermind!

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 11:44 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only unquestionable candidate that everyone can agree on right now is Scott.

Let him do it alone, it's not like this section is all that huge to begin with, nor will the other mods like Boonie or JDH not be peeking in from time to time in their usual manner.

If another mod is needed after a time, then we can open the door once again later for the post. :)

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 11:45 AM
that's how you've got all these needy nellies eating out of your hand, mastermind!

too true!

Merlose
06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only unquestionable candidate that everyone can agree on right now is Scott.

Let him do it alone, it's not like this section is all that huge to begin with, nor will the other mods like Boonie or JDH not be peeking in from time to time in their usual manner.

If another mod is needed after a time, then we can open the door once again later for the post. :)

That's what I've been saying and it doesn't seem like you guys listen. :banghead:

superdoug
06-17-2008, 12:12 PM
except for the people you don't feel are deserving of one.

Please stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that. I want every NOMINEE to receive a fair vote. That's what I meant, and you know it.

And, as for Scott being a MOD, I don't agree with that. He just recently started coming back in here after a marked and pointed absence from thread. HOWEVER, if he's who the majority wants, I'm willing to go along with that.

Bob Aboey
06-17-2008, 12:17 PM
What if I've never posted in the thread, but see the comments left by the nominees in other threads... could/should I base a vote on that, or should I refrain from voting?

Merlose
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
What if I've never posted in the thread, but see the comments left by the nominees in other threads... could/should I base a vote on that, or should I refrain from voting?

I think we're all over it at this point. Vote how you want, if you want its not going to matter much anyway.

Black Cat
06-17-2008, 01:19 PM
guys play nice or I might have to start giving spankins :peoples:

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Yeah...it WAS a public poll. I guess that's about to change. :thumbsdow

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:17 PM
The point is that if everyone would vote for themselves, then they just just all start off with one vote to begin with ... what's the point of that?

Presidents get to vote for themselves, but sub-mods shouldn't be allowed to do so? C'mon, dude! You can't possibly control EVERYTHING! :thumbsdow

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:18 PM

I have popped in prior to this poll. I don't need someone to tell me how to vote. Thanks.

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:21 PM
The way I count it right now ...

Superdoug - 7 valid votes
Avenger - 8 valid votes
Merlose - 6 valid votes
Jase - 2 valid votes
Ink - 1 valid vote

So the guys you voted for would be in the lead? Imagine that! :)

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:23 PM
don't be an ass Jesse:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jase
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I have popped in prior to this poll.

I know, we're STILL trying to get the stain out of the carpet! :thumbs2:

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm not Rick, I'm being honest, you participate in the "Westend" thread, then vote there ... that's been the point of this whole discussion.

No...that's been your agenda that you want everyone to agree with. What are you so afraid of happenning? Just let people vote. I guess when I make a poll, I should restrict who should vote, right? Oh that's right! I did! I didn't put a "no" option in one of my polls & the mods changed it. Seems to me that the mods want what's fair for EVERYONE. :thumbs2:

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
EXACTLY my point .. you were "asked" :thumbs2:

Just like Hilary & Obama asked for votes. :thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, this "new blood" in FON is delightful. Troll-errific!

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Agreed! :thumbs2:

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I know, we're STILL trying to get the stain out of the carpet! :thumbs2:

It IS exciting in here when folks aren't being jerks to each other! :thumbs2:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, this "new blood" in FON is delightful. Troll-errific!

He's entitled to his opinion and you shouldn't have to demean yourself to name calling.

Jase
06-17-2008, 03:41 PM
He's entitled to his opinion and you shouldn't have to demean yourself to name calling.

LOL, whatever Merl. If it's against you or one of your henchmen, it's not ok, but it's fine for you or them to mouth off to people. :thumbsdow

superdoug
06-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Guys. Please don't start this back up. :)

I don't think Al's intent was to be trollish, but rather to attempt to make some points and maybe tweak Jesse's tail a bit. :laugh: (just kidding, Al!)

Merlose
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
LOL, whatever Merl. If it's against you or one of your henchmen, it's not ok, but it's fine for you or them to mouth off to people. :thumbsdow

Oh please, my "henchmen" ?? You're constantly off base, and the only one that's been mouthing off around here is you.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're automatically "my henchmen" the fact that you would say that again shows that you seem to have some resentment for whatever reason.
I've been nice to you through this entire voting thread, hell I even said the pair of us should be mods during the nomination thread. Everyone around here tells me you're a nice guy but in all honesty I haven't really see it, yet.

Jase
06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh please, my "henchmen" ?? You're constantly off base, and the only one that's been mouthing off around here is you.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're automatically "my henchmen" the fact that you would say that again shows that you seem to have some resentment for whatever reason.
I've been nice to you through this entire voting thread, hell I even said the pair of us should be mods during the nomination thread. Everyone around here tells me you're a nice guy but in all honesty I haven't really see it, yet.

Reread the thread. ;)

And out of respect for Doug's request, that's all I'm gonna say on the issue.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Reread the thread. ;)

And out of respect for Doug's request, that's all I'm gonna say on the issue.

I've read the thread, and I can assure you that maybe you need to evaluate your statements better before you start condemning others statements. Its often easier to judge someone else before you judge yourself.

Jase
06-17-2008, 04:10 PM
:happybirt :happybirt

Merlose
06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
:thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Merl, check you PM's.

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 04:25 PM
is this over yet, please?

has anyone emerged bloody & victorious from the arena?

how, oh how will we live w/out a FON mod?

Merlose
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Yeah I think its over. :)

HoldyourfireAl
06-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Guys. Please don't start this back up. :)

I don't think Al's intent was to be trollish, but rather to attempt to make some points and maybe tweak Jesse's tail a bit. :laugh: (just kidding, Al!)

I'm not here to cause problems. All I'm saying is that I think Jesse is coming off like a control freak. The poll was posted. Let it stand. That's fair. Stop trying to change everything to better suit your ideas. Maybe, it's time to give others a chance? :thumbs2:

Jase
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM

Yes, in the best interest of FON, I've extended an olive branch to Merl and he has graciously accepted. We've called a truce!! :buttrock:

Now come give me a kiss Jono!

Merlose
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Yes, in the best interest of FON, I've extended an olive branch to Merl and he has graciously accepted. We've called a truce!! :buttrock:

That wasn't part of the truce treaty! :stick: Back off that's my man!! :laugh:

superdoug
06-17-2008, 04:43 PM

You don't get Ryan -and- Jono, Merl. One or the other; it's not nice to bogart the mens.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
You don't get Ryan -and- Jono, Merl. One or the other; it's not nice to bogart the mens.

Ryan's married. :(

superdoug
06-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Ryan's married. :(

Be that as it may, he's not writing any of -us- love poems. :peoples: So....

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
what good are poems if nothing comes with em

Merlose
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Be that as it may, he's not writing any of -us- love poems. :peoples: So....

wellllll...........

what good are poems if nothing comes with em

:happybirt

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 05:07 PM

i thought a vote for Merl was a vote for GROUP FUN? don't make me choose--it's my parents' divorce all over again, except arousing! :bawling:

Merlose
06-17-2008, 05:08 PM
i thought a vote for Merl was a vote for GROUP FUN? don't make me choose--it's my parents' divorce all over again, except arousing! :bawling:

fine fine fine, he can take your from the back and I'll take you from the front. :thumbs2:

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
woohoo!

bat_collector
06-17-2008, 06:46 PM
I see westside has their own section. I think fon should now discuss who we decide to be their mod.

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I see westside has their own section. I think fon should now discuss who we decide to be their mod.

it sure the heck won't be you

Merlose
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM

Wow after all is said and done you still feel the need to agitate the situation? real classy Mike.

Jesse321
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Truely its my fault as I shouldn't be in here in the first place. Sorry about that.

Merlose
06-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Truely its my fault as I shouldn't be in here in the first place. Sorry about that.

Yeah apparently there needs to be a committee to approve where anyone goes on this forum. They'll be making us get forum passports next. :rolleyes:

ickwinzs
06-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah apparently there needs to be a committee to approve where anyone goes on this forum. They'll be making us get forum passports next. :rolleyes:

Thats funny right there

Ink
06-17-2008, 07:43 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

MONSTER
06-17-2008, 07:47 PM

Come on over. I don't think there will be too many volunteers considering there are only 6-8 members to begin with.:laugh:

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 07:47 PM
jono says ENOUGH!

Jubilee/Wondra, who says there's been ENOUGH of this?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15755/375714-89536-wondra_super.JPG

that's right.

rilynil
06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Holy cow, this is a sprited thread! I'm not voting because I don't think anyone but regular and/or long-time posters should have a say. :) If someone doesn't post in a thread, why should they have a say in who the mods are?

Primal
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Avenger gets my vote. :buttrock:
Long time member and the most level-headed of the bunch.

Avenger
06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Avenger gets my vote. :buttrock:
Long time member and the most level-headed of the bunch.

Just a place to sit the coffee cup :D

JonoJ108
06-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Finally!, or Is THAT what you call it?

:confused: how did this take me so long???

Black Cat
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Finally!, or Is THAT what you call it?

:confused: how did this take me so long???

Your muffin top has you worked up so it's ok to be a little slow

HoldyourfireAl
06-18-2008, 01:15 AM

Good job guys! :thumbs2:

JDH
06-18-2008, 03:23 AM
OK, I think this has run its course now. You all talked it through and resolved your differences like the collective credit to the forum all you guys are. It would be a shame for anyone to end up looking like a dick by starting it all up again.

If the general consensus is that Avenger would be mod enough for you right now, could chief returning officer Superdoug PM Galactus to let him know? Nothing to stop you giving Scott a wingman down the line. If the issue is still up for debate, since all three candidates were pretty much neck and neck, just let Drew know when i's resolved.