PDA

View Full Version : Before the Next time you go out for a meal....

Collection King 13
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
ya better read this!

http://money.aol.com/special/i-spy-restaurant-tricks?icid=100214839x1204163792x1200174782

CKinSD
06-18-2008, 01:38 PM
hell i bought ice cream last night and it is no longer a 1/2 gallon.... grrrrrrrrrr

VinReaper
06-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree that all these things that restaurants may be doing is appalling and should not be done.

But as for the waste that this country has been conditioned to feel as their right sometimes offends me.

I travel and have worked all over the world in and for restaurants as a consultant. And only in our country do I see a deplorable amount of waste and its done with out any thought.

How many unopened ketchup, sugar soy sauce etc. packets have we, including myself, have just thrown away. This goes for napkins, plastic utensils and all other amenities that we feel we have the right to and should be included, but throw away when we don't want it.

I am trying myself to be more conscious of this every time I stop and get a cup of coffee or whatever else I pick up while out. I am only taking what I will use to avoid waste. You would be surprised how much one person will waste in a years time if not conscious of it.

I know it sounds funny and maybe even cheap, but I am not totally worried about companies expenditures but more so about our way of thinking and our environment!

Sorry for the slightly off topic rant, but maybe these places wouldn't have to do theses things if the overhead cost were a little lower if waste was controlled.

End of Rant.

And CK is right! Be careful where you eat!

VR