PDA

View Full Version : Reality TV is SO GAY.....

superdoug
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Let's have a thread that will keep all the reality TV talk out of the main thread, shall we? :) For the sake of those who can't stand it. :tounge:

Collection King 13
06-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I cant stand it... The funniest one is the actors that are acting like it is reality when they are really acting... I think its called Hills? or The Hills?

They are pretend real people! LOL!!!

superdoug
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Ugh. I -hate- the Hills. It's like they're famous for being the epitome of what's wrong with America.

Jase
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
THANK YOU DOUG!!! :wink2:

patrickwm68
06-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I love John & Kate Plus 8, Little People Big World, Ghost Hunters, American Chopper, Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares.

Jesse321
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Ugh. I -hate- the Hills. It's like they're famous for being the epitome of what's wrong with America.

Not anything like "the Real Housewives" series! :rolleyes2

bat_collector
06-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I only like watching reality cmopetition shows

top chef, project runway, american idol, survivor

Merlose
06-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I want to see some fourm folk on the Biggest Loser.

Nitefall
06-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Knowledge of the camera distorts reality -- brings a different reality -- Elmer Fudd:DJsmile: :confused2

JonoJ108
06-18-2008, 02:31 PM
i liked Dancing with the Stars, but that's about it. Project Runway is OK when it's not TOO contrived (tiki barber? the american gladiators?). both of those, tho, are much more interesting for the craft at work.

and sometimes Kathy Griffin's show (which is very, very gay) is fun in very small, brief doses.

Merlose
06-18-2008, 02:36 PM
and sometimes Kathy Griffin's show (which is very, very gay) is fun in very small, brief doses.

I'm so over her, she tries way too hard.

TNovak
06-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I love John & Kate Plus 8, Little People Big World, Ghost Hunters, Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares.

I feel sorry for John on that one, that Kate seems like a mean B*tch to me. I'd hate to be married to her and deal with all those kids

malkii
06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I have never liked Kathy's reality show... Love her stand up, but I guess I was just expecting the reality show to be funny and its not...

TNovak
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I kind of agree with BC on the competition ones. Some survivors are good but the one I really liked in almost every season was "The Amazing Race". I couldn't believe how many couples, friends, people dating, parents and children, and on and on just turned on each other in a vicious manner.

That and it was like watching a horse race or a good sports competition, you picked a team you liked and really root for them, if they get eliminated you pick a new team. I always liked watching that show, for both the train wrecks AND the spirited competition :thumbs2:

Avenger
06-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I kind of agree with BC on the competition ones. Some survivors are good but the one I really liked in almost every season was "The Amazing Race". I couldn't believe how many couples, friends, people dating, parents and children, and on and on just turned on each other in a vicious manner.

That and it was like watching a horse race or a good sports competition, you picked a team you liked and really root for them, if they get eliminated you pick a new team. I always liked watching that show, for both the train wrecks AND the spirited competition :thumbs2:

I love Amazing Race. :buttrock:

Jase
06-18-2008, 03:24 PM
I do enjoy watching Project Runway, Top Chef, and Make Me a Supermodel.

JonoJ108
06-18-2008, 04:08 PM
I do enjoy watching Project Runway, Top Chef, and Make Me a Supermodel.

you swallowed Bravo's Blue Pill. :(

JonoJ108
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm so over her, she tries way too hard.

word, but in small doses, as i said. she's got a mean-spirited sense of humor that usually gets the better of her, but sometimes she'll come up w/ a winner (more often in the moment, on a riff). occasionally i say, "aw, look at her--at least she knows what she's doing & no one works harder."

but the dumb stunts w/ her dumb staff are dumb. and the fame-grubbing is sort of distasteful.

patrickwm68
06-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I forgot to add Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives", Guy is cool.

Jesse321
06-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I love Amazing Race. :buttrock:

Best competition show on television!!! :buttrock:

The Mole is fun too. :)

Avenger
06-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I forgot to add Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives", Guy is cool.

Hey...who let the elitist in :D :laugh:

IceWing
06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I want to see some fourm folk on the Biggest Loser.

I was on the verge of trying out for it at one point. When I was out of work and up to 275 I was going to drive up to Kansas City for auditions.

(Note: I don't weight that much anymore. I've lost 40 points. I need to lose another 20 and I'll be good. I'm a very broad/stocky guy, so I probably won't ever be under 200.)

bat_collector
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Nothing wrong with being a stocky guy!

anwyay, I've always wanted to be on the amazing race

IceWing
06-18-2008, 06:21 PM
We watch a ton of reality TV.

Kathy Griffen
Hell's Kitchen
Big Brother
Amazing Race
Survivor
Project Runway
Top Chef
The Mole (Which I'm so glad came back. We used to record it and watch it at work when I worked midnights. We'd watch it at the overlap of 2nd and 3rd shift.)

Some others I'm blanking on.

IceWing
06-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Nothing wrong with being a stocky guy!

anwyay, I've always wanted to be on the amazing race

Same here! I want to do that and Big Brother. But I'm not hot enough for the new BB standards.

patrickwm68
06-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey...who let the elitist in :D :laugh:

Yep that's me "The Elitist", excuse me while I climb down from my high horse. :laugh:

Avenger
06-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Yep that's me "The Elitist", excuse me while I climb down from my high horse. :laugh:

May want to watch what you land on in here :sly2:

JonoJ108
06-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I was on the verge of trying out for it at one point. When I was out of work and up to 275 I was going to drive up to Kansas City for auditions.

being from KC, the fact that they auditioned for the Biggest Loser there is cracking me up! i can only imagine how many poor, poor confused PA's got beat up by accidentally offering directions to the audition to every single person they saw on the street. KC's not a notoriously slim burg. it's the bbq. :laugh:

Nitefall
06-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Amazing race is fun.

So you think you can dance I like too. I'm getting sick of the judges for some reason. :confused: Like Cat, or is it Kat

JonoJ108
06-18-2008, 07:59 PM

does your horse giggle a lot when he gets stoned? mine just tends to wander off...

:thumbs2:

Jesse321
06-18-2008, 08:03 PM
So you think you can dance I like too. I'm getting sick of the judges for some reason. :confused: Like Cat, or is it Kat

SYTYCD is GREAT! I was impressed with how good a sport Nigel was last week in the big group dance at the beginning of the show ... you would never see any of the judges on any other show do something like that.

And Mary just makes me laugh with her "hot tamale train" :laugh:

IceWing
06-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Survivor is doing live auditions here next Saturday.

Mandragora
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
huge fan of all the Bravo shows, except Kathy Griffin

Top Chef is my fav . . . .way more positive than that Hell's kitchen

Dark Knight
06-19-2008, 01:24 AM
oh god, "reality" shows, ok here goes
Dancing with the Stars, Dog the Bounty Hunter, current season of Bachelorette, Celebrity Circus, will try out Celebrity Family Feud, Apprentice, Celebrity Apprentice, Parking Wars, just discovered Jon and Kate plus 8, The First 48, Cops, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, American Chopper, used to love Monster House and Monster Garage, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, Dallas S.W.A.T., used to watch Ultimate Fighter

I'm sure there is more that I am just not remembering right now. I do agree about Kathy Griffin in controlled doses.

JonoJ108
06-19-2008, 09:13 AM
wow. no one goes for scripted entertainment? Battlestar Galactica? Weeds? the Closer?

Dark Knight
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Scripted:
Criminal Minds, Without A Trace, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, lots of Sleuth Channel (Miami Vice, Homicide, New York Undercover) not a whole lot of scripted out there to begin with these days.

I knew I would forget something, I also watch Ghost Hunters

JonoJ108
06-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Scripted:
Criminal Minds, Without A Trace, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI NY, lots of Sleuth Channel (Miami Vice, Homicide, New York Undercover) not a whole lot of scripted out there to begin with these days.

I knew I would forget something, I also watch Ghost Hunters

well I'm no detective, but i think there's a mystery here, Scoob.

Jesse321
06-20-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, like how he has the time to keep up with all this crap!

Dark Knight
06-20-2008, 01:00 AM
well I'm no detective, but i think there's a mystery here, Scoob.

so sue me i like cop shows always have, why do you think i started an elimination game of 80s action shows?

Dark Knight
06-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah, like how he has the time to keep up with all this crap!

who says i keep up with it, i said i like watching it

:stick: :stick: :thumbs2:

Avenger
06-20-2008, 01:08 AM
so sue me i like cop shows always have, why do you think i started an elimination game of 80s action shows?

You just like the handcuffs and nightsticks :confused2

Dark Knight
06-20-2008, 01:14 AM
You just like the handcuffs and nightsticks :confused2

i keep telling my wife that it's a secret and she keeps telling EVERYBODY.

Avenger
06-20-2008, 01:19 AM
i keep telling my wife that it's a secret and she keeps telling EVERYBODY.

Can't trust them I tell you :redface:

superdoug
07-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Who's watching the finale of Hell's Kitchen tonight? It's a tough one for me. I want both Christina and Petrozza to win the thing. Christina was most effective at the rail last week, but Petrozza's more likeable. AGH. :banghead:

IceWing
07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll be watching it. I wanted Jen to win, until she turned into a mega b!tch the last few weeks she was there. I'm for Christina out of the two left.

StevenKyle
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I love 'So you think you can Dance' - it's awesome, but I don't like the fact reality TV shows are everywhere - and everything that used to be for the everday person is now 'celebrity special' (and its always z-list celebs who've been on Big Brother)
I like x-factor, but the USA version is so corny - saying that did anyone see our last winner in the UK? Anyone would think she'd won an Oscar. She was no Leona Lewis, I can't even remember her name - she sang with Beyonce though and Beyonce showed her up big style. Anyways ...

bat_collector
02-26-2009, 08:17 PM
I'd like to hear the girl sing

StevenKyle
02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Her names Alexandra Burke, I just looked it up - she's OK, but not great, check out when she wins - the dramatics are hilarious - the presenter actually was sarcastic to her, he said (when she was crying and hyper-ventilating) "Alexandra if you can speak - you can sing" - cos the girl makes a speech every two minutes LOL. I love Carrie Underwood - she's been the best X factor winner for me, although I like Leona, but her songs havn't been so great IMO.