PDA

View Full Version : Haradrim Soldier Statue ?

Skulpturen
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Does anybody got him? What do you guys think?
I don't like the pose... and his eyes seems to be closed!

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Never liked this one. And probably won't bother picking it up.

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 09:33 AM
I have one, only took it out briefly to inspect so I really can't give much feedback. It doesn't appear to be one that's held highly by too many folks, most likely due to the pose. But I do think the outfit is another nicely detailed bit of sculpting. Don't remember looking at his eyes, but they may be closed because he's just been skewered and isn't feeling all that well.

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Zurb I would have went for this one if he wasn't skewered and maybe holding the sword in his hand.

daredevil2710
03-09-2005, 09:41 AM
eyes closed :)
http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/sideshow/lotrstatue/haradrimsoldier_02.JPG
http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/sideshow/lotrstatue/haradrimsoldier_04.JPG

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Zurb I would have went for this one if he wasn't skewered and maybe holding the sword in his hand.

Understandable. Most folks seem to have the same issue with this piece. On the bright side this piece won't be going for $1000 anytime soon. :)

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 09:44 AM
DD, U should be taking pics for SS. Its a pity about this one. The Easterling Soldier is awesome and i must pic that one up soon.

daredevil2710
03-09-2005, 09:51 AM
here comes the easterling soldier
http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/sideshow/lotrstatue/easterling_01.JPG
http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/sideshow/lotrstatue/easterling_03.JPG
http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/sideshow/lotrstatue/easterling_08.JPG

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Now thats a soldier. I want one of these guys now. Whats your opinion DD?

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 09:58 AM
The Easterling is a great piece. Very nicely detailed. It's also starting to go up in value.

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 09:59 AM
It would look nice opposite Boromir.

Skulpturen
03-09-2005, 10:31 AM
eyes closed :)

Thanks for the Pics DD! Poor soldier... don't think he will go up in value.
SIDESHOW should ask collectors first before they release a piece!

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 10:35 AM
They don't appear to have that type of relationship with their collectors say like Bowen does. I figure they are so big they can release anything and it will sell.

Skulpturen
03-09-2005, 11:21 AM
They don't appear to have that type of relationship with their collectors say like Bowen does. I figure they are so big they can release anything and it will sell.

Well, they can release everything, but I won't buy everything... :)
And I'm sure this statue won't sell out soon.

DarkShadowCollectibles
03-09-2005, 11:32 AM
I personally like this statue.
The pose is not what I would have wanted but it grew on me and will be right next to the Easterling.

Gruson
03-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Easterling is GREAT...the Harad is JUNK.

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Gruson you got a spare Easterling lying around?

Skulpturen
03-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Easterling is GREAT...the Harad is JUNK.

Shhhhht...! SS is listening! :laugh:

Sick Rick
03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
The haradhrim is dying, hence the eyes....I actually like this statue, as it IS an action pose, just slightly boring.... I think eventually people will want it cause it will make a GREAT companion piece when/if certain steed pieces are released....As far as the sculpt? Its decent, it's the paint job that I find rather bland as it is mostly earthy colors that can almost hide the detailed sculpt. But, it cant be helped cause the colors used are accurate to the screen used props...final thoughts? They should have made this an exclusive, with another variant sculpt UNLESS the above mentioned (kinda) steed piece is/will be released. Why not? Its cheap, so its worth it:)

Sick Rick
03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
The Easterling on the other hand is the absolute BOMB, and MUST be purchased quickly, as the price, WILL certainly skyrocket. (The price IMO, is still low I believe because of the whole "hidden by the troll" BS at the end of RotK. I would rather have had the Easterlings..) With an edition of only 2000, this one is going to MOVE when people finally catch on to the sculpture being so incredible....Buy it right now, or be sorry later :banghead: when it's unpurchaseable due to cost :eek:

Zurbaran1
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
Welcome SickRick!

Boerboel
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
The Easterling on the other hand is the absolute BOMB, and MUST be purchased quickly, as the price, WILL certainly skyrocket. (The price IMO, is still low I believe because of the whole "hidden by the troll" BS at the end of RotK. I would rather have had the Easterlings..) With an edition of only 2000, this one is going to MOVE when people finally catch on to the sculpture being so incredible....Buy it right now, or be sorry later :banghead: when it's unpurchaseable due to cost :eek:
Yet another piece I choked on.Could have got one for 129.99 just a little while ago.Waited too long and it was gone. :banghead: :banghead: