PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hulkfan

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Hulkfan I know your a sculptor working for SS. What are you currently working on. Can you give us a clue on any upcoming stuff. Has any of your work been up for sale yet?

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Bulls, I believe that Hulkfan is Andy Bergholtz and a great sculptor he is. Doubt that he'll be able to talk about any upcoming stuff but being a Hulkfan wouldn't it be cool if there was one in the line somewhere?

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 01:32 PM
There are rumours of a Hulk with a grey exclusive.

hellspawn77
03-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

andy doesn't really lurk that often here... he's more at the Clubhouse... lately he must be quite busy because he hasn't posted too often...

Claudio

Jerseydevil
03-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Bulls, I believe that Hulkfan is Andy Bergholtz and a great sculptor he is. Doubt that he'll be able to talk about any upcoming stuff but being a Hulkfan wouldn't it be cool if there was one in the line somewhere?

Real subtle, Zurb. :laugh: Thanks.

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Real subtle, Zurb. :laugh: Thanks.

JD, you might think I'm privy to some info here, but I'm not. I'm just playing off the choice of forum name. Whether he is going to do a Hulk or if Sideshow is even considering one, I really have no idea.

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Isn’t it funny how secretive Sideshow are about their upcoming line. Bowen Design on the other hand include their fans in ‘critiquing’ their work. I know SS aren’t the only company who are secretive but if their licence is specific like Bowens they shouldn’t really be too concerned about the competition since they have the official licence and the ‘LAW’ behind them.

Andy Bergholtz
03-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi guys :)

Zurb is right, I can't discuss too much... But, I can tell you that I'm currently working on another 1/4 scale marvel piece, a 1/4 scale Universal Monster, and a few of the other 1/6 licenses at present (also just finished another 1/4 scale Star Wars piece). Wish I could say more, it will probably be SDCC before more of my recent stuff is unveiled.

Some of my stuff has been on sale, a portion of it is listed here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&query=^bergholtz.sql

It's only a bit of the work I've done for SS, there is much more waiting to be announced when the time comes.

Zurbaran1
03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
It's only a bit of the work I've done for SS, there is much more waiting to be announced when the time comes.

Nice Andy, I'm sure the WOW quotient is gonna be high on those pieces.

CKinSD
03-09-2005, 06:30 PM

Zurb is right, I can't discuss too much... But, I can tell you that I'm currently working on another 1/4 scale marvel piece, a 1/4 scale Universal Monster, and a few of the other 1/6 licenses at present (also just finished another 1/4 scale Star Wars piece). Wish I could say more, it will probably be SDCC before more of my recent stuff is unveiled.

Some of my stuff has been on sale, a portion of it is listed here:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&query=^bergholtz.sql

thanks for stopping in and letting us know that there will be more of your infe work for us to buy :) keep it up bro!

Gruson
03-09-2005, 07:11 PM
So how is Kenobi looking so far? :)

Andy Bergholtz
03-09-2005, 07:12 PM
lol, Kenobi looks awesome... But I didn't do that one, Matty hit that one out of the park.

Bullseye
03-09-2005, 07:19 PM
No hints at all. You SS guys are killing us.

d rod
03-09-2005, 10:47 PM
andy,
i was talking to matt last night about the tony montana piece. i told him i couldn't believe one of the scripts was not going to be "say hello to my little friend". he actually was amazed as well since that was in the prescript list. MAKE IT HAPPEN!
late,
danny

Andy Bergholtz
03-09-2005, 11:06 PM
I agree! Who knows... Maybe the line will be included in a 2nd edition of the figure (after all, it wouldn't be appropriate for him to say that without wearing his black pin striped suit ;) ).

d rod
03-10-2005, 03:54 AM
and... what a better way to kick off a 2nd edition than including the one line everyone has been waiting for... you're good with the drama!

Bullseye
03-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't you hate when people talk in code.

Zurbaran1
03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Bullseye, I'm pretty sure they are talking about Tony Montana (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=34031) and a phrase which he was supposed to be saying but may not be this time around.

Ghost
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Which makes sense if they make a second edition in his pinstripe suit that would carry that phrase too.

Bullseye
03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Its nice but I think I'll pass. Not a huge fan of the movie either.

Ghost
03-10-2005, 04:38 PM
I have the movie, but I wouldn't go as far as getting collectibles from it.

Boerboel
03-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I have the movie, but I wouldn't go as far as getting collectibles from it.

Same here.I think the movie is a good one....its a classic.

Ghost
03-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Same here.I think the movie is a good one....its a classic.

Oh yeah definitely! Though unfortunately spawned millions of wannabe mobster rappers... :banghead:

Boerboel
03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah definitely! Though unfortunately spawned millions of wannabe mobster rappers... :banghead:

Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good. :laugh:

Bullseye
03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Do you know what i may get some backlash for this but Brian de Palma is overated. Sure he's done one or two good (no better than good) but it hardly makes him a great director. His best in Carlito's Way. Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola & Sergio Leone now they can make a ganster film. Al is one of my favourite actors and i loved in in Donnie Brasco & Carlito's Way.

Ghost
03-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good. :laugh:

Haha, yup that's how it goes unfortunately!

Do you know what i may get some backlash for this but Brian de Palma is overated. Sure he's done one or two good (no better than good) but it hardly makes him a great director. His best in Carlito's Way. Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola & Sergio Leone now they can make a ganster film. Al is one of my favourite actors and i loved in in Donnie Brasco & Carlito's Way.

Naw I agree with you, mate. As far as his good stuff goes, Scarface was fun, but Al was much cooler in Carlito's Way. I agree with the rest though, Leone being one of my top faves for his westerns, and Scorsese for Mean Streets and Goodfellas. I loved those films to death.

Fritz
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
...a 1/4 scale Universal Monster...

Hi Andy,

Wouldn't be a Creature from the Black Lagoon would it. I like the 12" very much but a 1/4 scale would be very welcome. Ok, I know you're not going to say. :p

I'm glad I found out about this Forum. My favorite sculptor and fellow Canadian is even a member. You didn't happen to tell Claudio about me drooling over his Selene sculpt (pre accident of course). :buttrock: Hi Claudio.

RickDTM
03-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Andy,

Wouldn't be a Creature from the Black Lagoon would it. I like the 12" very much but a 1/4 scale would be very welcome. Ok, I know you're not going to say. :p

I'm glad I found out about this Forum. My favorite sculptor and fellow Canadian is even a member. You didn't happen to tell Claudio about me drooling over his Selene sculpt (pre accident of course). :buttrock: Hi Claudio.

I've been drooling over his Selene kit too.....now FINISH IT!!!!!!! :mad:

Bullseye
03-24-2005, 06:59 PM
You mean this one?

Danno
03-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey Bullseye,

That was great bust was sculped by Chuck Needham.

Here is Claudios mostr excellent WIP:

http://www.sculptorscorner.goregoregore.com/Setti/setti22.jpg

Bullseye
03-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Nice. This is for RE fans. This rocks too.

RickDTM
03-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Hey Bullseye,

That was great bust was sculped by Chuck Needham.

Here is Claudios mostr excellent WIP:

http://www.sculptorscorner.goregoregore.com/Setti/setti22.jpg

THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

Ghost
03-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Nice. This is for RE fans. This rocks too.

That's a gorgeous piece by Rocco! I want it!

That Selene by Claudio looks great too. Even though I hated the movie, and not a big fan of the character, the sculpt is looking great.

Fritz
03-25-2005, 02:32 AM
...Even though I hated the movie, and not a big fan of the character...

Bad Ghost Bad. :stick:

j/k ;)

Stop posting the damn pictures. You guys just made me drool all over my keyboard again. :buttrock:

Ghost
03-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Bad Ghost Bad. :stick:

j/k ;)

Stop posting the damn pictures. You guys just made me drool all over my keyboard again. :buttrock:

Haha sorry, but the whole movie gave off a matrix rip off (that's bad already), crow rip off (among others) vibe throughout. If I want a good vampire flick I'll go back to watching Near Dark, and Lost Boys and Interview if I have too. As for Werewolves well they looked rather silly in that as well. Just MO. :)

Fritz
03-25-2005, 02:55 AM
Haha sorry, but the whole movie gave off a matrix rip off (that's bad already), crow rip off (among others) vibe throughout. If I want a good vampire flick I'll go back to watching Near Dark, and Lost Boys and Interview if I have too. As for Werewolves well they looked rather silly in that as well. Just MO. :)

Yeah well that's fine and dandy but do you know that Kate Beckinsale played Selene? :thumbs2: :cool: :D

Ghost
03-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Yeah well that's fine and dandy but do you know that Kate Beckinsale played Selene? :thumbs2: :cool: :D

Oh of course, I believe that's the reason I watched it :D

RickDTM
03-25-2005, 08:35 AM

Ohhhh mamacita.... :D

Colossus
03-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Wow is that selene statue gonna be available anywhere? It looks sweet.