PDA

View Full Version : Need Tips For Universal Studios/Orlando.

sellin71
06-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Tomorrow morning the family and myself are flying to Orlando for a week. My daughter is competing in the AAU Gymnastic Nationals at Disney World on Monday. The rest of the week we will be spending at Universal Studios. I have never been, anyone have any good tips? We also thought about going to Cocoa Beach for a day. We did the Disney World thing last year so we will skip that.

patrickwm68
06-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Make sure you go to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

I would say get to Universal early and go counter clockwise starting with the Terminator ride.

Islands of Adventure start with Marvel Island.

Miracole
06-27-2008, 07:26 PM
With Universal and Islands of Adventure; Splurge and get the line jump passes. It’s really worth it, and saves A LOT of time..

At least once, Drive down “I” Drive (international drive). Lot’s to see there, and great places to eat too! On I drive is Wonder Works (upside down house) and Ripley’s believe it or not.. Both are fun to check out and Kid friendly..
Um.. I will have to see if I can remember anything else.. It’s been a wile since I lived there!

Good luck to your kid this weekend! :thumbs2:

sellin71
06-27-2008, 09:03 PM
With Universal and Islands of Adventure; Splurge and get the line jump passes. It’s really worth it, and saves A LOT of time..

At least once, Drive down “I” Drive (international drive). Lot’s to see there, and great places to eat too! On I drive is Wonder Works (upside down house) and Ripley’s believe it or not.. Both are fun to check out and Kid friendly..
Um.. I will have to see if I can remember anything else.. It’s been a wile since I lived there!

Thanks!!

Daredevil
06-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Islands of Adventure has lots of fun rollercoasters if you are into that kind of thing. Universal is more suitable for the older folk with less physical strain, but fun none the less.

I haven't been there in years.. I miss the place.

rilynil
06-27-2008, 10:13 PM
The Spider-Man ride at Islands of Adventure is the best ride I've ever been on in my life. And you MUST ride the Hulk coaster!

cblakey1
06-28-2008, 08:37 AM

Right on.

International drive is awesome. Especially for adults.

As for Tips, Country.. GO. HAVE FUN.