PDA

View Full Version : So, a vet visit and $1700.00 later..

cblakey1
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
.. my two pugs ain't got no teefus. OK, so they eft some.

My pugs are almost ten and have always had bad teeth. Well, I took 'em in for a teeth cleaning on Monday and each dog had to lose about 12 teeth.

The vet said that he could practically pull them out they were so bad. It wasn't anything we did.. it just comes with the breed.

Anyway.. just a word to those who have dogs that are brachial cephalic (smooshed faces), this is what you have to look forward to when they get up in their years. :bawling:

moon_knight1971
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a Pekinese & we enrolled him & our 2 Chihuahuas into a plan that gets them all their shots, check ups & a dental cleaning once a year to remove all that gunk build up. $20 a month. $1700 is alot of moolah all at once to shell out for your dogs.:redface:

cblakey1
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
I have a Pekinese & we enrolled him & our 2 Chihuahuas into a plan that gets them all their shots, check ups & a dental cleaning once a year to remove all that gunk build up. $20 a month. $1700 is alot of moolah all at once to shell out for your dogs.:redface:

You're telling me, bro.. but try telling that to my wife! wife > :stick: < me

Sounds like a decent plan you have there, Joey! :buttrock:

patrickwm68
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
We had a cat who cost us $2000.00 in vet bills within 2 or 3 months time and I ended up having to put him down anyway.

cblakey1
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
We had a cat who cost us $2000.00 in vet bills within 2 or 3 months time and I ended up having to put him down anyway.

Yeah, that really sucks.

The vet says.. "well, there's nothing we can do. That'll be $2000.00 please"

I think it's a racket myself, but if my puggies moufs don't hurt, then it's all good. :thumbs2:

risingstar
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
There's very little more painful emotionally in life than when you lose your beloved pet. There was no way I was going to allow a total stranger to do the final deed when the time came for my dog. Thankfully, the vet allowed me me to do it even if it was against hospital policy. I wanted my poochie's last vision in life to be the tremendous amount of love in my eyes for her.

People who aren't pet owners, I'm sorry to say, just "don't get it". Sure, the pugs' bills were expensive, however, no more expensive than buying 6 or 7 or so statues. Your dogs are worth a hundred times that.

JMO

:)

k9ziggy
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I take my Shepherd (who is my retired police partner) for electro-acupuncture every 4 weeks ($100/visit) and he also has recurring skin allergies which causes me to put him on steroids and antibiotics ($70/round) every couple of months.

Take heart! The big boys aren't any cheaper!

HalJordanFan
07-02-2008, 08:21 PM
I take my Shepherd (who is my retired police partner) for electro-acupuncture every 4 weeks ($100/visit) and he also has recurring skin allergies which causes me to put him on steroids and antibiotics ($70/round) every couple of months.

Take heart! The big boys aren't any cheaper!

All dogs cost a ton when there is a problem. I had a Dalmation that had stones that cost me $2000 over 5 years ago.

Frinky
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Back in 04 ,my brother and i spent around $7G trying to get the cancer out of our first dog. He died two weeks after his first chemo shot.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/cjd527/100_0679.jpg

I just finished some work at the Staten Island animal shelter. Someone brought in their 6 year old lab to be put down because he needed $15-$20G worth of surgery for two torn acl's and rehab.