PDA

View Full Version : Husband killed in bizarre couch incident

blue_rogue
07-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Woman kills husband with pull-out couch

ST PETERSBURG - A Russian woman in St. Petersburg killed her drunk husband with a folding couch, Russian media reported on Wednesday.

St. Petersburg's Channel Five said the man's wife, upset with her husband for being drunk and refusing to get up, kicked a handle after an argument, activating a mechanism that folds the couch up against a wall.

The couch, which doubles as a bed, folds up automatically in order to save space. The man fell between the mattress and the back of the couch, Channel Five quoted emergency workers as saying.

The woman then walked out of the room and returned three hours later to check on what she thought was an unusually quiet sleeping husband.

Police refused to comment.

The St. Petersburg Emergency Services Ministry said a private rescue service removed the man's body.

Video on the television channel's Web site showed emergency workers sawing away the side panels of a couch to remove a man in his underwear lying headfirst between the cushions.

Emergency workers said the man died instantly.

HalJordanFan
07-10-2008, 10:30 AM
This is one strange story.

IronFist
07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Couch mashed potato.

Darth Torment
07-10-2008, 11:35 AM
This is one strange story.

LMAO.
Yeah, I'd say.

abarron
07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Thats one hell of a weird way to go

HalJordanFan
07-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Thats one hell of a weird way to go

LOL! That it is!

Sinatra VonDoom
07-10-2008, 12:33 PM
When I say I want to die in bed, this is not what I have in mind.

ratchet
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
That's somewhat sad... and really funny.

riderV3
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow...

risingstar
07-10-2008, 04:53 PM
What a bizarre accident... Thing is though, the underlying issue, at least for me, is how this woman thought she could flip that couch switch and send her husband flying face first against the wall simply because she was upset. Imagine if the gender roles were reversed.

Spousal abuse (female to male), both psychological and physical remains an issue people so rarely talk about, let alone accept as a continuing and rising problem in our society. It's also nearly impossible for these men to get help. Most governments won't even put a dime into setting up any kind of support network for abused husbands.