PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound Bus Murder

superdoug
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I can't even imagine what this was like for the other passengers:

Greyhound Murder article. (http://www.welt.de/english-news/arti2274086/Grisly_murder_aboard_Greyhound_bus_in_Canada.html)

endsongjen
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
omg.. poor kid.. sad :(
my heart hurts.

boondocksaint
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
WTF!!!!!!

what a horrible story!

Alex655321
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
some really sick people in this world :thumbsdow

Davidian
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah I heard about this on the news, pretty disturbing if you ask me.

Closetnerd
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
As I told my 16 year old son who brought this to my attention last night, sometimes this world is not a very nice place and you have to wonder why things like this happen.

misanthrope
08-01-2008, 01:12 PM
some really sick people in this world :thumbsdow

...and some very cowardly ones as well. why no one came to the defense of the poor schmuck is as much a mystery to me as the act of murder. id like to think id have been stabbed too when i tried to help the poor guy. if i were the victims family id be pissed that no one helped. 40-50 times? thats more than enough time for the rest of the passengers to overpower the attacker.

Collection King 13
08-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I saw this on the news last night... a bus full of people and all of them were cowards... noone even helped and all they did was trap him on the bus... people piss me off...

Argonus
08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Subduing one person with a knife is NOT that difficult.. especially if there's a busload of people who can back you up.

I'd gladly be stabbed if it meant I kept this sack of sh!t from getting away (been stabbed before anyways.. it tickles.. haha).

hazmatt
08-01-2008, 03:03 PM
:eek: :puke2:

Vince-Vell
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Such a sick and twisted world we live in...

Moogled
08-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Copied from the CBC website:

For every last one of you who thinks the passengers were cowards and who say they'd have confronted him, well, fine. It's entirely possible that in confronting fear you would have ended up a second head for this nutjob to be waving around out the window. What good would you have ended up doing then?

I'm a doctor. One of our crappiest responsibilities in emergencies or mass casualties is triage; you have to make a decision, often very quickly, whether someone can be saved or whether they're too far gone. From what it sounds like, there's not a single thing that anyone could have done to save that kid's life; with a hunting knife and fifty to sixty slashes, wielded by a large man with what sounds like a fairly single minded determination to kill someone. It's a terrible choice, but likely that kid was doomed the moment this guy pulled the knife. By the time anyone realized what was happening, there were likely multiple wounds with one or more of them fatal. If he wasn't dead then, he probably would have been soon.

Do I know that for sure? Of course I don't. But in a split second decision, am I going to risk myself becoming a second victim or am I going to do what I can to make sure he doesn't have his pick of over thirty others? Am I a coward for knowing that the best thing I can do is try to protect the people who aren't hurt before this maniac goes after one of them?

The first thing anyone trying to be a hero would have to do would be to get everyone else off. By the time that happened, the kid's likely going to be dead. What will confronting the killer serve at that point? The passenger and the driver had the best idea out of a whole lot of crappy choices - try to contain him until help arrives.

For some people, though, who feel that everyone who doesn't run to tackle a knife-wielding madman is a desensitized coward or an accomplice to murder, I'm getting the impression that a lot of people think that the only way to be a hero is to be the big, brave action hero who takes the man down. I'd like to think I could do that, too. I'd like to think I could try. But when you sit down and think about it, the chances of you being the hero are a lot less than you being the second casualty, or worse.

You do what you can for the people you can help. Triage. Crappy mathematics for crappy times. It sucks, but there it is.

And for those of you who say you would have rather died trying; that's brave, but odds are you would have done absolutely no good at all

Just a thought for those that think they're heroes and talk like their sh1t don't stink.

TEXAN75
08-01-2008, 03:28 PM
WTF!
Sick people all over...

armitage
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
The details of this crime are so gruesome.
The first thought that I had was why didn't anyone stop him?
He was like 5'4 130lbs and 40 years old.
There musta been somebody on a bust full of 30 people
that could have subdued him.
Even so, the demented world we live in these days, no one is truly safe.
And when you think you are, that's about the time when something crazy happens.

Moogled
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
The details of this crime are so gruesome.
The first thought that I had was why didn't anyone stop him?
He was like 5'4 130lbs and 40 years old.
There musta been somebody on a bust full of 30 people
that could have subdued him.
Even so, the demented world we live in these days, no one is truly safe.
And when you think you are, that's about the time when something crazy happens.

I believe he was said to be more around 6'0 and 200lbs with sunglasses. Everyone likes to think they're brave but there are smarter choices than rushing headfirst into a murder you know nothing about, Captain Picard.

armitage
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I believe he was said to be more around 6'0 and 200lbs with sunglasses.

I misread the Yahoo news, I guess the guy he killed was
short and weighed 130lbs.
Still don't bus drivers carry shovels or things like clubs?
I sure as hell would. I know some of them here have to deal with loosers who get on drunk and start sh!t.
A blunt object repeatedly to the side of this guy's head woulda done the trick.
He'll probably get an insanity plea and a hospitalization.
I don't know they do it in Canada?
Is there a death penalty?

armitage
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Everyone likes to think they're brave but there are smarter choices than rushing headfirst into a murder you know nothing about, Captain Picard.

Right.
Because most of the time people are justified in decapitating other citizens?
How much info do you need about a murder before you try to intervene?:confused:
PS
Picard will always be 2nd to Kirk:laugh:
IMO:D

MONSTER
08-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I saw this on the news last night... a bus full of people and all of them were cowards... noone even helped and all they did was trap him on the bus... people piss me off...

Its tough to say what you would do in that situation until you are in it. Sadly the guy was probably dead before anyone really knew what was going on.

The General
08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Its tough to say what you would do in that situation until you are in it. Sadly the guy was probably dead before anyone really knew what was going on.

I agree. Honestly my first priority would be to make sure I get my wife and kid off the bus safely. Once that's done I doubt I'm going back in the bus to fight the knife wielding maniac.

AsOneDead
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Everyone's a hero :rolleyes: I think anyone who saw that would be scared stiff, that's just too f*cked up, your mind couldn't even comprehend what's happening.

The Watcher
08-01-2008, 07:40 PM
1. This is another reason to support the second ammendment and concealed carry permits.

2. I feel sorry for the victim and his family.

3. I'm sure the perpetrator had previous incidents. People with violent mental health issues should not be allowed to walk the streets (or in this case, ride the bus).

misanthrope
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Just a thought for those that think they're heroes and talk like their sh1t don't stink.[/QUOTE]

there is nothing heroic about doing the right thing. its in some peoples nature to be helpful and for others its not. if you could just sit there and watch someone be brutally murdered then sleep well. i, however, could not stand by and watch. "blood curdling scream..."? maybe someday you'll get to watch a rape or something. good luck and enjoy!:stick:

MONSTER
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Just a thought for those that think they're heroes and talk like their sh1t don't stink

there is nothing heroic about doing the right thing. its in some peoples nature to be helpful and for others its not. if you could just sit there and watch someone be brutally murdered then sleep well. i, however, could not stand by and watch. "blood curdling scream..."? maybe someday you'll get to watch a rape or something. good luck and enjoy!:stick:

Alot of hero talk. So you would risk you're own life to try and stop someone from stabbing a dead body? The guy was being stabbed with a hunting knife repeatedly. He was beyond being helped.

Comparing this to someone being raped is not a fair comparison.

patrickwm68
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM
OMG!!!! I heard something about a beheading on a bus but I thought it was from a crash or something. Holy crap, this sounds like it's from a horror film.

Poor kid.

misanthrope
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
man its not hero talk. its good samaritan talk. the attacker needed to be stopped whether his victim was dead or not. like i said, some people help and some do not. people risk their lives every day to do the right thing. when i was 19 i got hit by a car tryin to save a freakin cat. i've had my head kicked in several times tryin to stop people from gettin their asses kicked by 5 or 6 guys. ive been bittin by dogs, shot at, threatened you name it. im no hero. but i'll be damned (and believe i WOULD be damned) if im gonna sit and watch random acts of attrocity. this has absolutely nothing to do with heroism.

armitage
08-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Alot of hero talk. So you would risk you're own life to try and stop someone from stabbing a dead body? The guy was being stabbed with a hunting knife repeatedly. He was beyond being helped.

Comparing this to someone being raped is not a fair comparison.

First off the guy stabbed him multiple time on the bus.
Who tried to stop him at that point?
You're talking like the guy was already dead.
I love you guys who say it's "hero" talk.
When in reality it's a simple reaction to a f$##ed up situation.
Sometimes in the middle of a crisis you react without thinking.

armitage
08-01-2008, 11:13 PM
1. This is another reason to support the second ammendment and concealed carry permits.

Thank you.
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/23269-3/better7364.jpg

patrickwm68
08-01-2008, 11:18 PM
The killers name is Vince Weiguang Li

Here's pics of him in shackles

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//080801/481/c4c7f2eef9a642e794d60d9ad603126e/

endsongjen
08-01-2008, 11:26 PM
even if the poor kid was already dead. they coulda stopped him from decapitating and gutting him. :( idk wat id do in the situation but damn.

AsOneDead
08-02-2008, 12:00 AM
If he's already dead then what's the point of trying to stop that psycho, there's no point in risking the safety of everyone else if the kid's already dead.

armitage
08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
If he's already dead then what's the point of trying to stop that psycho, there's no point in risking the safety of everyone else if the kid's already dead.

http://solastyear.com/careometer.jpg

Moogled
08-02-2008, 12:09 AM

Take time to read some of my post quoted from CBC. There are bigger things to worry about than automatically rushing back to a large man with a hunting knife.

Your typical alpha-male attitude does not even bother taking into account the small children within your group, nor do you understand that a large hunting knife to the neck will normally exsanguinate a victim within 10 seconds. Like my quote says, triage involves taking into account all the factors and making the best decision available.

Good for you if you think you're tough sh1t and want to help someone, but you just lost all credibility with your last post, "sometimes you react without thinking." What good are your actions if they are not well-informed? The survivors trapped the attacker inside the bus in order to protect the younger children and older people who managed to escape insteading risking another death trying to subdue this murderer.

Use some intelligence, poindexter, and look up the word triage while you're at it. What's worse is that despite their best actions, you think of these people as cowards who can only think to save their own skin.

Bullsh1t.

armitage
08-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Take time to read some of my post quoted from CBC. There are bigger things to worry about than automatically rushing back to a large man with a hunting knife.

Your typical alpha-male attitude does not even bother taking into account the small children within your group, nor do you understand that a large hunting knife to the neck will exsanguinate a victim. Like my quote says, triage involves taking into account all the factors and making the best decision available.

Good for you if you think you're tough sh1t and want to help someone, but you just lost all credibility with your last post, "sometimes you react without thinking." What good are your actions if they are not well-informed? The survivors trapped the attacker inside the bus in order to protect the younger children and older people who managed to escape.

Use some intelligence, poindexter, and look up the word triage while you're at it.

If you're ever on a plane with me and some dickhead comes and takes over with a boxcutter, you can expect this "alpha male" to try and stop the F425er from crashing it or ramming it into a tower.
You can thank me when you crawl out from under your seat.
If you think I'm talking ****..that's fine with me. I don't need to verify myself to you. As if you could relate to me or where I've been.
And I never said the people on the bus were 'cowards' maybe you should read.

You tell that to the victims family.
Sorry we had no choice but to helplessly watch as the guy cut your son's head off.
Imagine your the mother or father of that kid.

DeKind
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM

Yes this is a fantastic example that people who live their lives and fear and paranoia can use to justify the purchase of that hand gun. If some dumbass HAD a gun do you think a crowded bus would of been a good place for him to whip it out and start shooting regardless of his aim? What would you say to the families of the additional victims to someones vigilante joy ride? Someone was killed is a brutal and imaginable way, thats horrible. However nobody else was physically harmed and the killer was cought. Thats the best scenerio that could of happened. A gun, or guns, would not of made the situation any better.

boondocksaint
08-02-2008, 12:50 AM
If you're ever on a plane with me and some dickhead comes and takes over with a boxcutter, you can expect this "alpha male" to try and stop the F425er from crashing it or ramming it into a tower.

word....
:buttrock:

risingstar
08-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Another sad part was how the 22 year old's parents found out. The media zoomed over to his parent's place, cameras and all, hoping to catch some tears for their broadcast. Tact, to the Nth degree.

It was more than 24 hours before the parents discovered the truth. No one thought to contact them, except for some baseless reporter smelling a juicy scoop.

armitage
08-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Yes this is a fantastic example that people who live their lives and fear and paranoia can use to justify the purchase of that hand gun.

I don't live in shangri-la.
The mayor was talking about sending the National Guard here, so what does that say?
I don't even turn the news on anymore it's too god d@mn depressing and it gets to the point where you get fed up with it all.
I'm afraid to let my daughter go anywhere with anyone these days. Certainly can't trust anyone. It's not like it was back in the days. The amount of depravity just flows from everywhere now.

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/news-56/1217593143281900.xml&storylist=newsmichigan
Neighbors hug near where a law enforcement employee went on a shooting rampage Sunday, Oct. 7, 2007, in Crandon, Wis., killing six people and injuring a seventh before authorities fatally shot him.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8774601

This was today.
I could keep goin and going, but I think you get the point.

Moogled
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
If you think I'm talking ****..that's fine with me. I don't need to verify myself to you. As if you could relate to me or where I've been.
And I never said the people on the bus were 'cowards' maybe you should read.

Sorry we had no choice but to helplessly watch as the guy cut your son's head off.

Yadda yadda, again with the big talk. All situations must be the same to you since you've shown time and time again the mettle you claim you possess IF you ever run across something like it. You should know that with semantics when using language that you don't necessarily NEED to explicitly call them cowards - stop backpeddling and claiming you don't think less of them. What else could you have possibly meant when you said "there must have been somebody who could have subdued him?" B1tch please. Given that you don't even bother considering how others were at the moment and only rant about who or how to stop this guy shows just what you think of them.

Funny you should allude to the idea that I'm a coward after telling me not to assume anything about you, when in fact I have shown with my posts that I give thought in crises more than you as opposed to charging headfirst seeing red.

Keep on providing your hypothetical hostage situations about how you'll save the day as they have no bearing in this scenario. :rolleyes:

And since I'm posting for more than just defending the survivors' actions, you should also know that I admire your zeal - I just don't think your choices are the best in this situation.

MONSTER
08-02-2008, 02:08 AM

It was a night and most people were probably sleeping. How many times do you think the guy was stabbed before anyone knew what was going on? Its dark and they heard screams.

Regardless of what everyone thinks they may or may not do, its a horrible situation and I'm sure most people were paralized by fear and shock.

Its nice to know that there are people that say that they would help but I just think its unfair to pass judgement on the ones that were there and did not help.

AsOneDead
08-02-2008, 02:51 AM

I won't have to and if I was the father of that kid then I would understand that no one intervened when he was already dead, what if someone tried to stop him and they failed then he went on a killing frenzy and slaughtered more people?

Logan
08-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Talk is cheap.

armitage
08-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Talk is cheap.

Well that's funny because I'm a guy who'll back up my talk. I don't just run my mouth. If I say something, you can bet your ass I'm gonna do it.

Its nice to know that there are people that say that they would help but I just think its unfair to pass judgement on the ones that were there and did not help.

Again...I never said they were cowards, I just asked a question.

armitage
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Yadda yadda, again with the big talk. All situations must be the same to you since you've shown time and time again the mettle you claim you possess IF you ever run across something like it. You should know that with semantics when using language that you don't necessarily NEED to explicitly call them cowards - stop backpeddling and claiming you don't think less of them.

What the hell are talking about?
Don't put words in my mouth.
You're right, though I don't know what I'd do in the situation, but if I saw an opportunity to help I would.

risingstar
08-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Why are you guys attacking each other?

It seems like there may be some misinterpretation of caution for cowardice. As much as we might hope it were otherwise, our inclination for self preservation is as natural as our need to seek warmth or water or low numbered busts.

patrickwm68
08-02-2008, 10:44 AM
None of us can honestly say what they would have done in that situation because we're not the ones in that situation.

I would imagine it looked and sounded like a nightmare in that bus not to mention it was probably dark as hell. Buses usually turn off the lights inside when they're driving at night.

The General
08-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Red Sox and the Mets suck ass!!!:buttrock:

MrYac
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM
heres what i want to know, don't busses have multiple emergency exits, last time i was on one they sure did. while the 3 men were guarding the busses door couldn't the crazy guy have just popped one of the emergency windows and slipped out?

SquiderM3
08-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Scary how close to home this is for me.

bomen
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Yes this is a fantastic example that people who live their lives and fear and paranoia can use to justify the purchase of that hand gun..

wow. Well, first, people who live their lives in fear and paranoia...typically are the ones who give up their rights to self-defense, look to the govt to aid and protect them, espouse the rights of any and all social behavior..and are the first ones running off the bus.

No, this is an example of how an individual with a law-abiding C&C license and knowledgable use of a firearm could very likely have helped subdue the assailant.

If some dumbass HAD a gun do you think a crowded bus would of been a good place for him to whip it out and start shooting regardless of his aim?

a dumbass, no. A readied firearms owner, per above? yes. Regardless of aim? um, again, no. But even a ceiling shot has a remarkable way of bringing clarity to a madman in an instant.

Someone was killed is a brutal and imaginable way, thats horrible. However nobody else was physically harmed and the killer was cought. Thats the best scenerio that could of happened. A gun, or guns, would not of made the situation any better.

How 'bout this? If this ever happens, I'll hope for you to not be sitting next to me..and maybe you hope for me to be sitting next to you. :peoples:

DeKind
08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
wow. Well, first, people who live their lives in fear and paranoia...typically are the ones who give up their rights to self-defense, look to the govt to aid and protect them, espouse the rights of any and all social behavior..and are the first ones running off the bus.

And the person with the firearm is not immune to said fear and paranoia either. So instead of running off the bus the person scared out of their mind pulls out a gun. Im sure you'd feel very safe with said individual but i wouldnt. And most people who buy guns for self defense do so out of fear. As already mentioned the news is a nice aid to this as they enjoy reading off the horrific events of the day regardless of their distance or relation to the viewers watching. To argue otherwise is ignorant.

No, this is an example of how an individual with a law-abiding C&C license and knowledgable use of a firearm could very likely have helped subdue the assailant.

No acts of vigilatism were required in this situation to subdue the killer.

a dumbass, no. A readied firearms owner, per above? yes. Regardless of aim? um, again, no. But even a ceiling shot has a remarkable way of bringing clarity to a madman in an instant.

Ceiling shot? What a fantastic idea. Panic the psycho knifing the person into doing who knows what and cause even more fear and confusion to the rest of the passengers. Someone wielding a gun would also risk getting shot by the police who arrive on scene and are informed no better than the confused and panic stricken passengers.

How 'bout this? If this ever happens, I'll hope for you to not be sitting next to me..and maybe you hope for me to be sitting next to you. :peoples:

No thanks. I'd sooner risk getting knifed trying to stop the guy then have someone scared out of their mind pull out their handgun on a crowded bus. You can live in your world where you may look forward to the day where you can prove yourself, i'll just take my days in stride. The only difference between me and you is I dont need a handgun to feel secure.

Troy
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Scary how close to home this is for me.

You're not kidding! I live about 2 hours away from where this happened.

bomen
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
..responses..

DeKind, no problem, we both make good arguments. Hopefully, neither of us have to ever be in that situation.

Stay secure, brother :thumbs2:

thecallahan
08-04-2008, 12:09 PM
heres what i want to know, don't busses have multiple emergency exits, last time i was on one they sure did. while the 3 men were guarding the busses door couldn't the crazy guy have just popped one of the emergency windows and slipped out?

Pssst, he's crazy!

Darth Torment
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
This is hearbreaking.

So sad. I couldn't believe this when I read about it.

What a horrible, frightening way to have died. Poor guy.

Just speechless. :(

patrickwm68
08-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I found the victims MySpace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=108390479

Now I'm hearing that the killer was cutting off pieces of him and eating them. The police found a plastic bag on him containing a nose, ear, and part of a lip.

sleepindeath
08-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree. Honestly my first priority would be to make sure I get my wife and kid off the bus safely. Once that's done I doubt I'm going back in the bus to fight the knife wielding maniac.

I agree 100%. Even if my Family was not there I would help get people off the bus and trap the sick bastard. Let the professionals deal with him because I for one do not want to become a statistic.

cblakey1
08-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Crazy stuff.

What a sick MFer.

oddball
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
very very disturbing. what's even more eery is that he did it with no motive and a blank expression, almost like he was being controlled by an evil puppeteer.

cblakey1
08-08-2008, 09:12 AM
very very disturbing. what's even more eery is that he did it with no motive and a blank expression, almost like he was being controlled by an evil puppeteer.

What’s funny is.. that night I got a call at home from Manitoba. I caught it on my caller ID and didn’t pick up because I don’t know anyone in Manitoba.

Very freaky coincidence. :eek:

It’s like that movie “One Missed Call”.

VinReaper
08-08-2008, 09:19 AM
I had posted this story in the Current Events Thread Too!

What is wrong with people?!

And why did the police arrest him? Was it like they didn't know if he really done what he did?

They should have just shot that piece of garbage right then and there! I know I would have!

That poor kid and his family! :mad:

VR

oddball
08-08-2008, 09:26 AM
What’s funny is.. that night I got a call at home from Manitoba. I caught it on my caller ID and didn’t pick up because I don’t know anyone in Manitoba.

Very freaky coincidence. :eek:

It’s like that movie “One Missed Call”.

ok now...you just sent chills down my spine!!! and i don't scare easily! :eek: :eek: :eek:

calkat
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I just saw on the news last night that PETA tried to run an ad that compares Tim McLeans murder to killing chickens and cows for food. The paper that they were trying to place the ad in didn't run it d/t it's sensitive nature.(Thankfully) I don't get Peta.:thumbsdow

cblakey1
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
ok now...you just sent chills down my spine!!! and i don't scare easily! :eek: :eek:

You know, I didn't think much about it, but I just went and checked out my caller ID again and sure enough.. Manitoba 11:19 PM EST.

:eek: Now I'M creeped out. :eek:

VinReaper
08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I just saw on the news last night that PETA tried to run an ad that compares Tim McLeans murder to killing chickens and cows for food. The paper that they were trying to place the ad in didn't run it d/t it's sensitive nature.(Thankfully) I don't get Peta.:thumbsdow

If i were that kids family and that commercial had run, I would have PETA's heads for sure! How insensitive can you get! :mad:

VR

calkat
08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
If i were that kids family and that commercial had run, I would have PETA's heads for sure! How insensitive can you get! :mad:

VR

Tell me about it. :mad: I think PETA did it knowing full well that the ad wouldn't run, but would be controversial enough that it would be picked up by the news. That way, they basically got free advertising.

patrickwm68
08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I was looking at the victims myspace page and I just got an eerie feeling from it. Here I was looking at pics of this kid and reading his stuff and thinking "man he had no idea what was about to happen".

I can see why the killer picked him, according to his page he was a skinny 5' 5" tall.

VaultMan
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
...and some very cowardly ones as well. why no one came to the defense of the poor schmuck is as much a mystery to me as the act of murder. id like to think id have been stabbed too when i tried to help the poor guy. if i were the victims family id be pissed that no one helped. 40-50 times? thats more than enough time for the rest of the passengers to overpower the attacker.

What are you kidding? We dont live in a world of superheroes! If saw someome getting stabbed by a ruthless madman, my first thought is NOT "OH my god, Ive got to save the day!" I'm getting the F out of the way! :laugh:

I dont mean to laugh, but still...

VinReaper
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Tell me about it. :mad: I think PETA did it knowing full well that the ad wouldn't run, but would be controversial enough that it would be picked up by the news. That way, they basically got free advertising.

You are probably right! They are bottom feeders, that think they have morality. But they forsake what morality dictates to further their own narrows views and needs!

VR

Averone
08-11-2008, 01:03 PM

And why did the police arrest him? Was it like they didn't know if he really done what he did?

They should have just shot that piece of garbage right then and there! I know I would have!

VR

Thats Canada for you!

I just wanted to see this here in the US! Better yet in Texas!

VinReaper
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Thats Canada for you!

That wouldn't happen ever!

Someone may get stabbed, 2 sec later perpetrator would be shot!

VR

sleepindeath
08-14-2008, 11:00 AM

VR

The Police did not shoot him because that is not how the law works. If they had shot the individual, the chances are there would have been an inquiry.

This inquiry would have shown the individual to be mental unstable thus costing the Officer's there jobs/pensions and possibly jail time.

Moogled
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Thats Canada for you!

Hooray! You have your own form of population control!

High crime rates and even more action from its fine citizens!

armitage
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Hooray! You have your own form of population control!

High crime rates and even more action from its fine citizens!

That's right.
Shoot em' all, let God sort em' out.:eplus2:

Lucidique
08-19-2008, 11:13 PM
I can't even imagine what this was like for the other passengers:

Greyhound Murder article. (http://www.welt.de/english-news/arti2274086/Grisly_murder_aboard_Greyhound_bus_in_Canada.html)

that is just really messed up i read a little bit when it happen at work...

this reminds me of the movie the signal..
what would happen if everyone went nuts..

majestic1
08-20-2008, 04:58 AM
People are now linking this slaying with the Wendigo legend: (warning some graphic descriptions)

Nathan Carlson has barely slept since July 30.

“Ever since it happened, I haven’t been able to get it out of my head,” Carlson says haltingly. “I just don’t know what to think of it, quite frankly.”

The Edmonton ethno-historian is one of the world’s leading experts on Windigo phenomenon, and the recent horrific beheading and alleged cannibalism on a Greyhound bus bound for Winnipeg from Edmonton rocked him to his very core.

As the grisly details of Tim McLean’s last moments on Earth came to light in the following days, Carlson sank deeper and deeper into a fog of horror and revulsion.

Vince Weiguang Li is accused of abruptly attacking McLean, whom, by all accounts, he didn’t even know — while McLean slept on the bus.

Up until a few days before the killing, Li held a part-time job delivering newspapers in Edmonton. He was well thought of by his boss and considered a nice guy, if a bit quiet and shy.

On July 20 — just 10 days before the killing — Li delivered copies of the Sun that contained an extensive interview with Carlson about his research into the Windigo, a terrifying creature in native mythology that has a ravenous appetite for human flesh. It could take possession of people and turn them into cannibalistic monsters.

The two-page feature talked about how, in the late 1800s and into the 20th century, Windigo “encounters” haunted communities across northern Alberta and resulted in dozens of gruesome deaths.

In one case, a Cree trapper named Swift Runner was hanged after admitting to killing and eating his wife, children, brother and mother in the woods northeast of Edmonton in the winter of 1878-79.

Prior to being charged with murder, he had suffered screaming fits and nightmares, which he attributed to being possessed by a Windigo.

In several other cases, people banded together and killed individuals they feared were possessed by a Windigo. Often, they would decapitate the corpse and bury the head separate from the body in order to keep it from rising from the dead.

Carlson documented several cases in northern Alberta communities where people believing they were “turning Windigo” would go into convulsions, make terrifying animal sounds and beg their captors to kill them before they started eating people.

In last month’s bus case, Li allegedly butchered McLean’s body, brandishing the victim’s severed head at the men who trapped him on the bus until police could arrive.

He was later accused of eating McLean’s flesh.

When he appeared in a Portage La Prairie courthouse on charges of second-degree murder, the only words Li reportedly uttered were pleas for someone to kill him.

A lot of his reported behaviour eerily mirrors the Windigo cases recounted in the newspaper feature that Li helped deliver to Edmonton homes just days before McLean was killed, one of the most gruesome slayings in modern Canadian history.

Several media reports called McLean’s killing unprecedented — an unspeakable, random attack the likes of which has never been seen in Canada.

But Carlson knows better.

“There are just too many parallels,” he says.

“I can’t say there’s a definite connection, but there are just too many coincidences.

“It’s beyond eerie.”

Davidian
08-20-2008, 05:44 AM
People are now linking this slaying with the Wendigo legend: (warning some graphic descriptions)

“Ever since it happened, I haven’t been able to get it out of my head,” Carlson says haltingly. “I just don’t know what to think of it, quite frankly.”

The Edmonton ethno-historian is one of the world’s leading experts on Windigo phenomenon, and the recent horrific beheading and alleged cannibalism on a Greyhound bus bound for Winnipeg from Edmonton rocked him to his very core.

As the grisly details of Tim McLean’s last moments on Earth came to light in the following days, Carlson sank deeper and deeper into a fog of horror and revulsion.

Vince Weiguang Li is accused of abruptly attacking McLean, whom, by all accounts, he didn’t even know — while McLean slept on the bus.

Up until a few days before the killing, Li held a part-time job delivering newspapers in Edmonton. He was well thought of by his boss and considered a nice guy, if a bit quiet and shy.

On July 20 — just 10 days before the killing — Li delivered copies of the Sun that contained an extensive interview with Carlson about his research into the Windigo, a terrifying creature in native mythology that has a ravenous appetite for human flesh. It could take possession of people and turn them into cannibalistic monsters.

The two-page feature talked about how, in the late 1800s and into the 20th century, Windigo “encounters” haunted communities across northern Alberta and resulted in dozens of gruesome deaths.

In one case, a Cree trapper named Swift Runner was hanged after admitting to killing and eating his wife, children, brother and mother in the woods northeast of Edmonton in the winter of 1878-79.

Prior to being charged with murder, he had suffered screaming fits and nightmares, which he attributed to being possessed by a Windigo.

In several other cases, people banded together and killed individuals they feared were possessed by a Windigo. Often, they would decapitate the corpse and bury the head separate from the body in order to keep it from rising from the dead.

Carlson documented several cases in northern Alberta communities where people believing they were “turning Windigo” would go into convulsions, make terrifying animal sounds and beg their captors to kill them before they started eating people.

In last month’s bus case, Li allegedly butchered McLean’s body, brandishing the victim’s severed head at the men who trapped him on the bus until police could arrive.

When he appeared in a Portage La Prairie courthouse on charges of second-degree murder, the only words Li reportedly uttered were pleas for someone to kill him.

A lot of his reported behaviour eerily mirrors the Windigo cases recounted in the newspaper feature that Li helped deliver to Edmonton homes just days before McLean was killed, one of the most gruesome slayings in modern Canadian history.

Several media reports called McLean’s killing unprecedented — an unspeakable, random attack the likes of which has never been seen in Canada.

“I can’t say there’s a definite connection, but there are just too many coincidences.

“It’s beyond eerie.”

Damn, that's creepy.

VaultMan
08-20-2008, 07:38 PM

“It’s beyond eerie.”

There are things beyond mortal understanding.

endsongjen
03-06-2009, 07:47 PM
:( total BS!!!!

murderer founD not guilty (insanity)
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090305/national/crime_bus_beheading

patrickwm68
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
:( total BS!!!!

murderer founD not guilty (insanity)
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090305/national/crime_bus_beheading

For what he did, he'll be locked away all drugged up in an institution for the rest of his life.

MrYac
03-06-2009, 08:52 PM
what the hell is wrong with the world that you can kill an innocent man and then EAT parts of him and still not be found guilty of a crime, and the fact that he didn't know what he did was wrong is BS, he friggin begged police to kill him for what he did from all the other reports i've read. and to be honest i'm still pissed nobody on the friggin bus tried to stop him from repeatedly stabbing the poor kid who one witness said "tried to fight back"....bah to all this crap

armitage
03-08-2009, 05:09 PM
The fact that that they won't hang the guy from a street post with his entrails displayed prominently for public appreciation, just shows the real people who need to be locked up in a mental ward are the ones who let this guy off.

sleepindeath
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
The fact that that they won't hang the guy from a street post with his entrails displayed prominently for public appreciation, just shows the real people who need to be locked up in a mental ward are the ones who let this guy off.

I agree that this sick bastardo should be hanged for this crime. But, our legal system just out right sucks and really needs a huge overhaul.

Hell we even have a stupid young offenders act that prevents any person under the age of 18 who commits a crime allowed to have their image and identity shown in the media.