PDA

View Full Version : Hulkbuster picked up the Thor's Mjolnir

toe
08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
If hulkbuster was able to pick up Thor's hammer, what would he look like ?

Ink
08-26-2008, 04:39 PM
wouldn't matter. the man inside the suit isn't worthy

Teague
08-26-2008, 04:59 PM
He'd look like Thor, Beta Ray Bill, or Captain America in a Hulkbuster suit. :D

isculpt
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
It would be like the Red hulk wielding Mjolnir?

Tetragrammaton
08-26-2008, 06:06 PM
The armor should be able to pick up Mjolnir. The enchantment should not able to machines / robotic systems. This does not mean, he would then possess the power of Thor.

Teague
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
The armor should be able to pick up Mjolnir. The enchantment should not able to machines / robotic systems. This does not mean, he would then possess the power of Thor.

But Stark's still in the armor, isn't he? That would preclude him from doing so, for my money. Just because someone puts a hankie around the haft of the hammer doesn't mean it doesn't count as them lifting it--same holds with armor, I'd say.

Or are we talking about some remotely-controlled armor that I don't know about? Then you could still make an argument (as to the sentience behind the movement of the machine), but there'd be more room for debate, IMHO.

Tetragrammaton
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, my thinking was that since the armors are all controlled cyberneticly, whether Tony is in the armor or not, then it should be possible for the armor to lift Mjolnir.

The difference is a hankie can't move around by itself, lift 100 tons or fly past mach 8.

Honestly, I can't think of one occassion where he has tried.

Teague
08-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, my thinking was that since the armors are all controlled cyberneticly, whether Tony is in the armor or not, then it should be possible for the armor to lift Mjolnir.

The difference is a hankie can't move around by itself, lift 100 tons or fly past mach 8.

Honestly, I can't think of one occassion where he has tried.

What if Tony Stark designed the hankie? :thumbs2:

Makkari1
08-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Over the years there have been a lot of inconsistency as to how Mjolnir can be lifted. Years ago no one could lift it but some writers had non-living beings lift the hammer including dead people and machines. Some writers had nothing being able to pick up Mjolnir including the dead and machines. The one thing that has been consistent is anyone who is Odin's peer or above could pick-up Mjolnir.

Once the hammer is thrown it must return to Thor's hand and even Lord Zeus could not stop it from returning to Thor's hand. There have been some writers that have the hammer prevented from returning but overall they have been consistant in that regard. Bottom line is that what ever the writer wants it will happen as witnessed in Red Hulk #5. Marvel is getting inconsistent and what was once sacred cannon is now disregarded.

adee
08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh no! Teague has revealed the secret on how to wield Mjolnir!!! Use a hankie! LMAO