PDA

View Full Version : How Much Would It Cost To Custom Paint......

SpenK
08-28-2008, 04:45 PM
The Stealth Iron man...Into the Silver Mark II Color.......Done By A Master Painter?:D ....

When I got My Stealth Iron Man, it had the "paint" problem, but because of some traveling , Etc when i was going to return it they said (Sideshow) it was to late .....so they offered to return the Money, but I was not extremly impressed with the Blue Color Anyway..But having it as a canvas For the Mark II color made me decide to not get the refund and go ahead with the Custom........

So i Just was Curious About the $$ it will take.....

nbr3bagshotrow
08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
You should PM these painters to get estimates.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=74025

hazmatt
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
there are also many good painters who are not on that list

SpenK
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM

yeah I was thinking the same..... I just wanted to have an idea... $$

nbr3bagshotrow
08-28-2008, 04:56 PM

Well they should post in that thread then! :rolleyes2

hazmatt
08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Well they should post in that thread then! :rolleyes2

they certainly should!!

SpenK
08-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I just want a ballpark/estimated number.....

UC7
08-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I wonder if anyone has thought about "Chroming" up their statue. Vac-metalizing the statue would be costly, but would make it shine better than any paint job. However, if might make too much of a shine to pass as a polished "iron" finish.

Darth Pain
08-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $400. I've had a few commisions from some of the top painters and it's always been lower than that.
Not sure about chroming, though.
If you want a real chrome look, check put the Chromed Silver Surfer thread in the Bowen section. Notsure how it would work with the plastic light covers. Since I'm not familiar with the process.

If an Alcalad chrome is good for you, I would contact Moon Knight. His work is beautiful.

SpenK
08-28-2008, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't pay more than $400. I've had a few commisions from some of the top painters and it's always been lower than that.
Not sure about chroming, though.
If you want a real chrome look, check put the Chromed Silver Surfer thread in the Bowen section. Notsure how it would work with the plastic light covers. Since I'm not familiar with the process.

If an Alcalad chrome is good for you, I would contact Moon Knight. His work is beautiful.

Thanks Darth.... I will look into his work....

Darth Pain
08-28-2008, 05:28 PM
moon_knight1971 is his name.

Btw...You would have a better responce in Painters Pit Stop.