PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Ironman Paint type? HELP!!

Jameshowlett
09-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Hey guys,I'm posting this here as well as the Sideshow area.
I need to repair a scuff that I did to my Stealth IM comicquette and I thought I had seen threads on this somewhere before.
I called SS and they were not much help at all really,they said they would send me a list of possible paints to try.
They told me to take my Comicquette to a hobby store and have them match it.
Before I do that I wanted to send up a flare to anyone on here who knows what the paint is or can advise me where to go to find the type.
Thanks in advance!

Here's the email they sent.

Chris,

These are recommended paint brands from the artist here at our warehouse. Hope this is of some assistance to you!!

Testers Model Master line of “Acryl Acrylics”
Games Workshop “Citadel Colors”
Badger “Freak-Flex” paint line
“Tamiya” acrylics
Jameshowlett is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Moogled
09-13-2008, 03:36 AM
Hey bro, sounds like they are trying to help but protect their secrets at the same time.

I think there was a discussion several months ago about some autoshops having a machine which they scan a color to determine what it is.

Maybe that will give you another idea/direction to head off to - good luck!

Danno
09-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I think moogled is right.

Your best bet may be to go to an auto body/paint place and have the color custom mixed to match what you need. I doubt there is any "out of the bottle" color that will be a straight up match

Jameshowlett
09-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys for your advise.Didn't I hear someone say that SS sent them some touch up paint to fix a chip? Anyone hear this?

Darth Pain
09-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys for your advise.Didn't I hear someone say that SS sent them some touch up paint to fix a chip? Anyone hear this?

No,they won't do it.:banghead:
I've tried. Maybe, someday they'll realize, if they give out touch up paint they'll have less returns.

I think Lowes also does the color matching. Autobody shop might be better though.