PDA

View Full Version : Uncanny X-Men vs Doomsday

VaultMan
10-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Who ya got?

Take these X-Men:
Wolverine, Cyclops, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Phoenix (first version), Storm and Banshee

Tetragrammaton
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
The X-Men lose bad.

Phoenix might make it interesting for a while.

Justin
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Because of Phoenix I'm going X-Men. Without her they get destroyed, Hell she might be the last one standing?

bebohawk
10-07-2008, 09:42 PM
doomsday will destroy the xmen

Tetragrammaton
10-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Marvel has zombies, but what are irrational DC fans called?

VaultMan
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Marvel has zombies, but what are irrational DC fans called?

Distinguished Competition.

Tetragrammaton
10-07-2008, 09:49 PM
The fans are called Distinguished Competition?

lobo77
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
lol

Bob Aboey
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Wha?!

Nightcrawler will teleport bits and pieces of Doomsday to wherever he wishes at will. When he grows weary, off with his head!

Hopefully, Doomsday delivers an agonizingly painful and brutal death to Wolverine, and Banshee... useless. (For those who continually crap on Aquaman, meet Marvel's counterpart.) Colossus, while I like him, will fall hard. Cyclops will deliver some serious damage and Storm will get her shots in, but Phoenix and Nightcrawler is all that would be needed.

marvelboi77
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
It depends if the X-Men go all out... Err.. I mean it depends on if Phoenix will turn to Dark Phoenix, and let lose. Without knowing this, I have to go with Doomsday.

The Poll should really say Phoenix vs. Doomsday. The other people don't matter at all.

MrYac
10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
i give this to the X-Men, Doomsday is just a big dumb brute, sure he's tough but the team can take him out, granted he might come back eventually but still.

HalJordanFan
10-08-2008, 06:14 AM
Doomsday. There isn't enough firepower on there IMO to take him out. And Cyclops wouldn't do a ton of damage as someone else stated. It would simply annoy Doomsday until Doomsday was through with Colossus and Wolverine.

Tetragrammaton
10-08-2008, 06:17 AM
I picture this going a lot like the WWH Hulk vs X-Men fights went. Just with more death.

Tetragrammaton
10-08-2008, 06:18 AM
People keep referring to Nightcrawler teleporting away with parts of someone else.

When has he done this in the comics?

Ink
10-08-2008, 06:52 AM
x men

Bob Aboey
10-08-2008, 07:13 AM
No respect for the X...:rolleyes:

At one time, Cyclops' optic blasts were said to be able to punch holes in mountains, yet somehow he's become an afterthought? Not saying he, alone, could take down Doomsday but he'd certainly leave a mark. And Nightcrawler... well he never gets his due. He is insanely powerful and could simply "BAMF" Doomsday's head/torso/legs/arms into oblivion.

Wolverine, Colossus, and Banshee are irritants to Doomsday, at best. And while powerful, Storm is out of her element... no pun intended.

With Phoenix waiting in the wings just in case something crazy happens, Doomsday is, well... doomed.

Justin
10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I picture this going a lot like the WWH Hulk vs X-Men fights went. Just with more death.

You don’t think Phoenix would make a difference in this fight? and if her seeing Scott or Logan or any other X-Man being killed wouldn’t push her to not hold back I don’t know what would!

Justin
10-08-2008, 08:41 AM
People keep referring to Nightcrawler teleporting away with parts of someone else.

In A.O.A

Justin
10-08-2008, 08:43 AM
No respect for the X...:rolleyes:

No great suprise :(
There are a lot of people here that seem to think the X-Men are nothing but punching bags :rolleyes2

Primal
10-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Uncanny X-Men vs Doomsday

:laugh:

Teague
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I give this to the X-Men because Doomsday is a crappy character. :thumbs2:

Justin
10-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I give this to the X-Men because Doomsday is a crappy character. :thumbs2:

As good a reason as any! :laugh:

MrYac
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM

in Age of Apocalypse Kurt was quite the badass

Jack8022
10-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Gotta go with Doomsday. He may be a one-note character but that one note puts him over nearly every character out there.

Raven1014
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Can't imagine how the X-Men win this. I'm an X-Men fan, but I don't think the could take out Superman and Doomsday killed him. The same way the Hulk slapped them all around in the WWH:X-Men mini, would be along the lines of the way this fight would go, except the Hulk was actually holding back.

Bob Aboey
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Can't imagine how the X-Men win this. I'm an X-Men fan, but I don't think the could take out Superman and Doomsday killed him. The same way the Hulk slapped them all around in the WWH:X-Men mini, would be along the lines of the way this fight would go, except the Hulk was actually holding back.

Wow! Hulk won the battle in... World War Hulk? Never saw that coming.

Hulk gets treated like a red-headed step-child at the hands of the X-Men, regardless of what the latest character interest-drumming, no-regard-for-Canon, idiotic storyline they choose to toss on the shelves and hope you forget about history.

Bane beat Batman, but nobody would regard Bane as an equal adversary to Batman, would they? Because Doomsday bested Superman doesn't mean he'd be able to replicate that feat, or best this X-Squad.

Assuming Doomsday made it past the rest of the team (not likely with Nightcrawler there) wouldn't Phoenix just think him out of existence? (This is a question, not a smart-a$$ remark.)

Teague
10-09-2008, 05:14 PM

Hulk gets treated like a red-headed step-child at the hands of the X-Men, regardless of what the latest character interest-drumming, no-regard-for-Canon, idiotic storyline they choose to toss on the shelves and hope you forget about history.

Bane beat Batman, but nobody would regard Bane as an equal adversary to Batman, would they? Because Doomsday bested Superman doesn't mean he'd be able to replicate that feat, or best this X-Squad.

Assuming Doomsday made it past the rest of the team (not likely with Nightcrawler there) wouldn't Phoenix just think him out of existence? (This is a question, not a smart-a$$ remark.)

Agreed. This is a good fight, even if Phoenix isn't at full power. But with Phoenix? Man, she took out a planet. Doomsday ain't nothing but a thang. :laugh:

Makkari1
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
It depends if the X-Men go all out... Err.. I mean it depends on if Phoenix will turn to Dark Phoenix, and let lose. Without knowing this, I have to go with Doomsday.

The Poll should really say Phoenix vs. Doomsday. The other people don't matter at all.

depends on which Phoenix shows up. If she has full access to her powers then she wins if not then they all die. The others are no more than a distraction.

wktf
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
X-Men are toast on this one.

steve the meat
10-09-2008, 05:33 PM
the xmen win, purely down to phoenix, without her the others are doomed.

Bob Aboey
10-09-2008, 05:37 PM
X-Men are toast on this one.

depends on which Phoenix shows up. If she has full access to her powers then she wins if not then they all die. The others are no more than a distraction.

:rolleyes2

Preposterous. :stick: I'd put Kurt against Doomsday alone. He'd phase the torso from 'Day's limbs and head before he'd know enough to react (Kurt's not foolish enough to tip his hand and engage him in battle), leaving his now-useless appendages to twich in the wind. Along with the rest of the crew to wear him down, and Phoenix waiting in the wings (which Phoenix do you think is going to show up after seeing her team fall to Doomsday?) this is absolutely no contest.

X marks the spot.

Primal
10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
This is not the badass AOA Nightcrawler we're talking about here. It's the religious version so....goodnight X-babies. :D

Justin
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Preposterous. :stick: I'd put Kurt against Doomsday alone. He'd phase the torso from 'Day's limbs and head before he'd know enough to react (Kurt's not foolish enough to tip his hand and engage him in battle), leaving his now-useless appendages to twich in the wind. Along with the rest of the crew to wear him down, and Phoenix waiting in the wings (which Phoenix do you think is going to show up after seeing her team fall to Doomsday?) this is absolutely no contest.

X marks the spot.

I agree, Phoenix would go troppo if she lost a team mate. There's no way she's holding back after that! :thumbs2:

Teague
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
This is not the badass AOA Nightcrawler we're talking about here. It's the religious version so....goodnight X-babies. :D

Everyone has to become a badass at some point...and honestly, if Doomsday killed Colossus, or worse, Kitty? Kurt would freakin' lose it.

If Bob's Nightcrawler scenario is going to come to pass, this is what it would take.

wktf
10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I agree, Phoenix would go troppo if she lost a team mate. There's no way she's holding back after that! :thumbs2:

But Doomsday's thing is that he keeps returning from the dead, adjusting and evolving to improve over what killed him before. I don't know if Phoenix has the power to snuff him (probably she does) but he'd be right back in a new/improved body to kill her cold.

As an aside, I can't stand Doomsday. To me, he's a useless character.

heirtoasguard
10-09-2008, 10:02 PM

I don't know if I would agree to that. true, I don't think of Bane/Bats as equals but I do think that if Supes were to just mess up once with Doomsday
I think that he can PROBABLY do it again. Bane
did not fight a fresh Batman. he wore him down to the point where he was exhausted. that's not a fair
fight. whereas Supes/Doomsday, Supes was still fresh. if you notice with their latter fights, Supes know that he can't defeat DD the same way, so he had to be a little creative. lol.

Teague
10-09-2008, 10:35 PM

I can't stand him either. He's ridiculous. Instead of creating a character that could take out Superman in an interesting way, they just threw in the worst of power-overkill between the Hulk and Wolverine, and then made him immortal on top of that. Yawn, yawn.

Is it even possible to defeat Doomsday permanently? You can contain him (send him into deep space, into an alternate dimension, or whatever), or alter time to make sure he was never created, or something like that...but that's it, I think. Lame. DC basically created a villain with the superpower "can't be defeated". Which makes him stupid.

And which is why I vote the X-Men. :D

MrYac
10-09-2008, 10:46 PM
But Doomsday's thing is that he keeps returning from the dead, adjusting and evolving to improve over what killed him before. I don't know if Phoenix has the power to snuff him (probably she does) but he'd be right back in a new/improved body to kill her cold.

how does that work exactly, i mean lets say Kurt did zap his head and torso to opposite ends of the planet, how do you become immune to that?

wktf
10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
how does that work exactly, i mean lets say Kurt did zap his head and torso to opposite ends of the planet, how do you become immune to that?

Good question and exactly why Doomsday's so ridiculous. He's supposed to resurrect himself with immunity or defenses to compensate for what took him down before. Your guess is as good as mine. :rolleyes2

Justin
10-10-2008, 01:14 AM

I know he keeps coming back mate :thumbs2:

I just think Phoenix could come up with enough ways to kill him to keep him busy for a looooong time! Plus she is one of the mos powerful beings in the Universe! and doesnt suck like Doomsday! :laugh:

hawkeyethearcher
10-10-2008, 11:26 AM
phoenix could just break down his molecules and keep them seperated and still have enough power to eat a sun in celebration of her victory.

as for how he becomes immune to nightcrawler porting his body parts. i didnt know kurt could do this. last i read he didnt port body parts he opened a hole to a dimension and he and whatever else he wanted was taken into it as a whole. i am guessing they are saying he has enough control now to open a small hole and port pats. lame but whatever. he could just negate the teleport effect around him. i would guess that if he was defeated by superman he would just come back with kryptonite or magical abilities. i dont know exactly how he works but it isnt that hard for me to guess since i have read many stories about nemesis kid.

Raven1014
10-10-2008, 11:28 AM

Bane beat Batman becasue of the one thing that is always brought up about Batman beating everyone else. He studied his opponent and had time to plan.

Makkari1
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM

X marks the spot.

If you read my post it said "if". If Kurt starts telporting body parts off of Doomsday (if that's even possible) then yes they can win without Phoenix but she is the key otherwise they die.

Makkari1
10-10-2008, 12:09 PM

But that was the whole thing when Waverider got rid of him by tossing him at the end of time since there was nothing to come back to. I have to agree that Doomsday is a poorly written character. To be able to evolve from a total molecular dissolution is just crazy at best.

MrYac
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
To be able to evolve from a total molecular dissolution is just crazy at best.

agreed, i mean it's not like we're talking about Wolverine here:p

Makkari1
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
agreed, i mean it's not like we're talking about Wolverine here:p

Agreed more crazy writing the way I see it.

VaultMan
10-10-2008, 07:14 PM

Excellent point Tet. That strategy doesnt really exist for Nightcrawler.

Justin
10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Excellent point Tet. That strategy doesnt really exist for Nightcrawler.

No it isnt because he has done it. It may have been in AOA but the fact remains that if Kurt was of the mind to do it he could :thumbs2:

VaultMan
10-10-2008, 07:23 PM
No it isnt because he has done it. It may have been in AOA but the fact remains that if Kurt was of the mind to do it he could :thumbs2:

Cmon Juzzy, we're referencing alternate universes now? :laugh: Next thing you know we'll be using Ultimate versions.

Justin
10-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Cmon Juzzy, we're referencing alternate universes now? :laugh: Next thing you know we'll be using Ultimate versions.

:laugh:

I know what your saying mate :thumbs2:

Just the way I’m looking at it is they didn’t change Kurt’s teleporting powers they just changed his attitude on how he used it. Does that make sense? :confused: