PDA

View Full Version : Odin vs. Darkseid

wktf
10-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I think we had a poll here for Thanos vs. Darkseid and, I think as well, Thanos won that. Now, Odin's taken down Thanos so I'm wondering how the forum feels Odin vs. Darkseid would go?

What say ye all?

wktf
10-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Ugh, in my search to find the Thanos vs. Darseid thread, I see VaultMan did an Odin vs. Darkseid thread a little over a year ago:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=53532&highlight=thanos+darkseid

Tetragrammaton
10-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Not only that, but the poll says Thanos.

gammaguy
10-25-2008, 03:55 PM
No contest...Odin wins.

Force of Nature
10-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Odin is an almost all-powerful 'God-Father'and I think Darkseid, as powerful as he may be, will go down the hard and ugly way.
I think the Destroyer should be able to do some serious damage to Darkseid so just imagine what Odin would do to Darkseid.

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

HalJordanFan
10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Odin. Darkseid is currently a punching bag.

Ink
10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
odin is a god

ALPH4T34M
10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I voted for Odin!.....Makk should be happy!:D

Makkari1
10-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Hey don't drag me into this. Please vote your conscience. :p

Tetragrammaton
10-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Odin couldn't beat Thanos, so I doubt he would do much better against Darkseid.

Primal
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM

:laugh:

Thanos, dark god and lord of Apokolips takes the All-Father!

Makkari1
10-25-2008, 10:17 PM

What Hal voted for a Asgardian?:eek: :eek:

This is a trick isn't it?

gammaguy
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM

Darkseid got his butt handed to him by Doomsday and Superman whips his but from time to time. Other than his Omega Beam, what power does he have? Odin would win this without leaving his throne.

wktf
10-26-2008, 12:17 AM

Huh? When I click on the link in my thread it's Odin vs. Darkseid. The poll I created is Odin vs. Darkseid. Tet, where did I screw up?

Oh, I see Omar's post...did someone correct a mistake I made?

wktf
10-26-2008, 12:19 AM

But Odin did beat Thanos back in the day...

galactus
10-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Huh? When I click on the link in my thread it's Odin vs. Darkseid. The poll I created is Odin vs. Darkseid. Tet, where did I screw up?

Oh, I see Omar's post...did someone correct a mistake I made?

:D

MrYac
10-26-2008, 02:07 AM
odin is a god

and Darkseid is a New God, labels don't really mean much

ALPH4T34M
10-26-2008, 07:04 AM

Hey don't drag me into this. Please vote your conscience. :p

ALPH4T34M
10-26-2008, 07:05 AM

What Hal voted for a Asgardian?:eek: :eek:

This is a trick isn't it?

Were giving you a false sense of security! :eplus2:

The Dark Knight
10-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Darkseid
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/560089-darkseid_by_7th_seal_super.jpg

I actually like the interpretation in this drawing better. Probably because it looks like Bruce Timm's Darkseid.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/289234-62610-darkseid_super.jpg

risingstar
10-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Darkseid is far craftier and makes better use of his minions than Odin. Also, Darkseid likely has more battle experience with other-worldy foes. Moreover, Darkseid doesn't care who he has to sacrifice to win.

In ten battles between them, I'd say Darkseid wins between 7 and 8 times.

wktf
10-26-2008, 02:24 PM

Heh! Thanks, Drew! :DJsmile:

Frank/Omar, glad I could provide you guys a little mirth. :)

The Dark Knight
10-26-2008, 05:04 PM
who is thanos ? :D

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Excuse me, Odin did beat Thanos and the titan admitted as such. Thanos went and so will Darkseid.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Darkseid got his butt handed to him by Doomsday and Superman whips his but from time to time. Other than his Omega Beam, what power does he have? Odin would win this without leaving his throne.

Not only has Doomsday and Superman handed Darkseid defeats but so has Orion. Darkseid is not what Kirby intended him to be.

Darkseid is far craftier and makes better use of his minions than Odin. Also, Darkseid likely has more battle experience with other-worldy foes. Moreover, Darkseid doesn't care who he has to sacrifice to win.

In ten battles between them, I'd say Darkseid wins between 7 and 8 times.

You mean Darkseid fights dirty and Odin has dealt with dirty fighters before and have always come out on top. It matters not who Darkseid sacrafices to win, he usually come up a loser. If he loses to Superman, Orion, and dumb Doomsday, how can he out smart Odin who is also a master planner himself.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Were giving you a false sense of security! :eplus2:

Now I'm even more paranoid.

RichBamf
10-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Not only has Doomsday and Superman handed Darkseid defeats but so has Orion. Darkseid is not what Kirby intended him to be.

Exactly, and you have to blame the current writers for that. Darkseid is supposed to be the DCU Thanos, but lately they aren't even in the same league.

Darkseid has become a joke. Both Thanos and Darkseid SHOULD be able to beat Odin, but at the moment can't.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Exactly, and you have to blame the current writers for that. Darkseid is supposed to be the DCU Thanos, but lately they aren't even in the same league.

Darkseid has become a joke. Both Thanos and Darkseid SHOULD be able to beat Odin, but at the moment can't.

I agree and disgree with youon this. I agree that darkseid is DC whipping boy of late but I disagree that either of them can't beat Lord Odin.

RichBamf
10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I agree and disgree with youon this. I agree that darkseid is DC whipping boy of late but I disagree that either of them can't beat Lord Odin.

I think in their inceptions they were both supposed to be far more powerful than Odin, but they've become something less than they were.

ALPH4T34M
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I think in their inceptions they were both supposed to be far more powerful than Odin, but they've become something less than they were.

I don't know about that but his performance in Thor# 470 and 471 was awesome.

I believe Odin's power is just beyond that of Thanos.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM

Do you have proof or a comic issue that states as such.

RichBamf
10-27-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't know about that but his performance in Thor# 470 and 471 was awesome.

I believe Odin's power is just beyond that of Thanos.

Maybe, but I think the heroes should ALWAYS be weaker than the villains, why is why although I love Thor and Hulk and Superman, most of the time I can't read them anymore, it's just protracted.

I'm probably projecting my wishes on the characters more than usual...

RichBamf
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Do you have proof or a comic issue that states as such.

See above...probably just wishing it were so. I just think some characters are just too powerful for them to be interesting to me anymore. :(

ALPH4T34M
10-27-2008, 10:53 AM
See above...probably just wishing it were so. I just think some characters are just too powerful for them to be interesting to me anymore. :(

...........like Supes was back in the day.

RichBamf
10-27-2008, 11:06 AM

EXACTLY.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Maybe, but I think the heroes should ALWAYS be weaker than the villains, why is why although I love Thor and Hulk and Superman, most of the time I can't read them anymore, it's just protracted.

I'm probably projecting my wishes on the characters more than usual...

This is usually the case but you are crossing villians with more powerful heroes. Its like Thor fighting a powerful Spiderman foe like Sandman. That foe might beat Spiderman but Thor stomps him in the ground. Thanos is a great Avengers foe or a Thor by himself foe, but Odin is out of Thanos class and Odin would make a poor Avenger. An Odin foe shouldn't fight Celestials either.

I agree that some characters are not good material for a competent story and thus they should be used sparingly. IE: Galactus is used too much which lessens his power. Powerful heroes also suffer from being on a team as well. Thor, Hulk, Herc and Surfer and other powerful heroes are usually watered down when they are on teams. If Thor and other powerful heroes were to cut loose, everyone else can eat popcorn and watch from the side lines while they up the bad guys.

This was bad writing run amok.

nordvader
10-27-2008, 12:18 PM
This is usually the case but you are crossing villians with more powerful heroes. Its like Thor fighting a powerful Spiderman foe like Sandman. That foe might beat Spiderman but Thor stomps him in the ground. Thanos is a great Avengers foe or a Thor by himself foe, but Odin is out of Thanos class and Odin would make a poor Avenger. An Odin foe shouldn't fight Celestials either.

I agree with the Sandman reference, but to say Thanos is out of Odin's league is absurd. Odin is powerful yes but Thanos is a completely different level villain than most. Thanos has been savior and ender of the universe.

His technology is among the best in the universe if not the best, and in a fight although he doesn't like to engage in them he holds his own with the best.

ALPH4T34M
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM

His technology is among the best in the universe if not the best, .........

It is as nothing compared to that of Galactus and the Celestials.

Makkari1
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree with the Sandman reference, but to say Thanos is out of Odin's league is absurd. Odin is powerful yes but Thanos is a completely different level villain than most. Thanos has been savior and ender of the universe.

His technology is among the best in the universe if not the best, and in a fight although he doesn't like to engage in them he holds his own with the best.

It has been said that the most dangerous thing about Thanos is his mind and its dedication toward death. Thanos is a master schemer of the highest order and he plans well in advance. He will never take on a foe that is more powerful than himself without prep. With Odin Thanos will need prep or he looses. Most of the time with high end foes its Thanos' tech that keeps him in the game.

MrYac
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Exactly, and you have to blame the current writers for that. Darkseid is supposed to be the DCU Thanos,

isn't Thanos supposed to be the Marvel Darkseid;)

The Dark Knight
10-28-2008, 06:57 AM
New Gods's technology is pretty advance too. For example/ Mother Boxes are living pocket computers that protects you, heals you and teleports you wherever you want with the boom tube.

nordvader
10-28-2008, 11:12 AM
It is as nothing compared to that of Galactus and the Celestials.

Any technology that can keep Galactus contained and force him to technically be a Death Star, I think would rival any technology in the universe. Besides already using his tech to create his own Galactus.

Also he was able to keep tabs on Akhenaten in Marvel: The End who was virtually omnipotent with his tech without him even knowing. His clones have even been able to fool Mentor, Eros, Death and Eternity.

Makkari1
10-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Any technology that can keep Galactus contained and force him to technically be a Death Star, I think would rival any technology in the universe. Besides already using his tech to create his own Galactus.

Also he was able to keep tabs on Akhenaten in Marvel: The End who was virtually omnipotent with his tech without him even knowing. His clones have even been able to fool Mentor, Eros, Death and Eternity.

Thanos had copied Galactus' tech to use it against him.