PDA

View Full Version : Spooktacular Freebie Bragging

DeKind
10-28-2008, 10:37 PM
With all these contests and coupon codes littered around SS on a daily basis, anyone here won anything?

geto10
10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Nope :)

Trilogy
10-29-2008, 04:26 AM
Nope, but that's probably because I haven't entered any of the competitions. lol

DeKind
10-29-2008, 09:26 AM
if im the only fool entering the stupid things why am i not winning them all!

UC7
10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I've located some of the free things, but I already had them, so passing made more sense.

Best of luck with your entries.

Shanester
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I won a Slave Brent 12" POTA figure. First time I've ever won anything from SS.

jb518
10-29-2008, 01:30 PM
UC7 - you said you located some of the free things. I've spent quite a bit of time (honestly... way too much time at work) looking for these and haven't found any. Originally, I clicked on literally every single item (in-stock, second chance and on sale), and didn't see anything. I found a few that has the "Spooktacular Special" box in the middle that told about discounts or free shipping, but none said anything about the item being free. Where did you find the free items? And what did it say when you found them? I'm just trying to get an idea what I am searching for. It's amazing that people seem to find these within minutes sometime... do they know something we don't?
Thanks for any pointers.

DeKind
10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
UC7 - you said you located some of the free things. I've spent quite a bit of time (honestly... way too much time at work) looking for these and haven't found any. Originally, I clicked on literally every single item (in-stock, second chance and on sale), and didn't see anything. I found a few that has the "Spooktacular Special" box in the middle that told about discounts or free shipping, but none said anything about the item being free. Where did you find the free items? And what did it say when you found them? I'm just trying to get an idea what I am searching for. It's amazing that people seem to find these within minutes sometime... do they know something we don't?
Thanks for any pointers.

I've done the same a couple times now skimming the picture tabs of instock items and also found nothing. It appears the codes can also appear in the text. After reading that i've decided to scrap the "scavenger hunt" completely. It already took me about an hour to skim through the instock items and their associated pictures, now i have to make sure to read the text of each description too? Forget that. Giant waste of time in my opinion. Plus the expensive free items, the only items that would justify wandering around SSs webpage aimlessly for an hour or two, are limited to 2-5 uses. Whats the odds you'll find it before someone else? Terrible. Especially since they havent exactly been forthcoming on when the free item codes have been added.

MeetThyReaper
10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I entered the Spiderman 3 build-a-sandman contest. I lost out to the kitty-litter sandman. Sideshow offered me one of those mutant rabbit statues, but I wasn't going to pay to ship crap. lol

UC7
10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
There had been a previous suggestion from a different member to make sure that you are "logged in" for the hunt. I am not sure what this did to help anyone, but maybe it helped with the newer searches over the last couple of days.

My method just involved doing a search through products that I would justify as "they have too many of these sitting around" or better yet, "they are displaying these in the gift card use section". Then you have to look at the product page, the gallery, the descriptions, and try to key in on anything that doesn't look like it belongs there, whether that be text, or a oddly colored box.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
10-29-2008, 02:51 PM
OMG!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/slaveLeia2.jpg

Exclusive Edition

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p159/Computerfly/SlaveLeiaexcl.jpg

Pics found by ComputerFly

DeKind
10-29-2008, 02:52 PM
what vid are the screen grabs from?

geto10
10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Ohh, cool! :D

LordofAscension
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
gf won one of the faeries and I've snagged one of the freebies - other than that - not much.

~LoA

LordofAscension
10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I just won the Balrog Leg Bust :D :D

~LoA

Trilogy
10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations, LoA.

DeKind
10-29-2008, 07:39 PM
aw you suck. congrats :eplus2:

LordofAscension
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks guys - it was quite the surprise - I had really wanted the WOW EX dio!

~LoA

DeKind
10-30-2008, 02:25 AM
WoW dio was what i would of preferred as well. Im a big twilight fan so the Gremlin would of been cool but i was too lazy to write a 200 word short story.

Fingers crossed on the Kanamit ;)

toe
10-30-2008, 02:33 AM
Congrats LoA.

I tried my luck for balrog and WoW and Mandrake...still nada.