PDA

View Full Version : Any Model shop in Singapore

jeff_boy
10-31-2008, 04:39 AM
Hi,
I live in the tiny red dot, and I have been seaching for model shop which sell garage kit/ resin kit. But SG doesn't seem to any.

Could anyone out there please advise if you know where can I find in Sg or maybe Malaysia.

Thank you so much.

beachfox
11-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi there,
Singapore - http://www.garage-kits.com/
Look for Ben, he's a nice guy.

You need anything else, just PM me. ;)

metalsquid
11-14-2008, 10:11 PM
garage-kits.com A.K.A. Xenomorph are infamous, unabashed and unapologetic recasters, just FYI.

jeff_boy
11-15-2008, 09:27 PM
hi metalsquid,
if garage-kits.com are infamous, unabshed ....is there any other shop which you could recommend?
thank you so much.

metalsquid
11-16-2008, 01:15 AM
unfortunately, for garage kits, there really isn't any other place locally that i know of other than Xenomorph. i purchase directly from the sculptors or producers themselves, by contacting them here on statueforum or at the clubhouse. costs a bit more from intl shipping but at least i'm assured i'm buying original and my money is truly supporting the hobby.

www.theclubhouse1.net is much better place if you're looking for garage kits. lots of sculptors, producers and collectors there that could help you find stuff. this forum is a bit more pre-paint oriented. but you need a ISP-based email like Singnet or Pacnet to sign up. if you don't, you can email them and they'll set you up with a clubhouse email account for free so you can join.

for supplies and regular model kits like those from Revell, Tamiya, Hasegawa, Fine Molds, etc. there are quite a few shops around. lemme know if you need more info on them, coz i don't know their addresses off hand. cheers.

beachfox
11-16-2008, 06:12 AM
garage-kits.com A.K.A. Xenomorph are infamous, unabashed and unapologetic recasters, just FYI.

Hi,
just curious, you have bad incidents with Xenomorph? :confused:

I bought a few bowen statues from them with no problem before.. what's make you dislike them?

Can share? :)

patman
11-16-2008, 06:24 AM
i visited xenomorph during a trip to singapore and saw them painting a recasted Hulk vs Spidey. and they weren't even apologetic about it. that's more than enough reason to dislike them.

Sideswipe04
11-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi,
just curious, you have bad incidents with Xenomorph? :confused:

I bought a few bowen statues from them with no problem before.. what's make you dislike them?

Can share? :)

The keyword here is:

Reason enough to avoid them, IMO

beachfox
11-16-2008, 10:30 AM
The keyword here is:

Reason enough to avoid them, IMO

Well, I get the reason. Just that in Singapore, it's not that easy to find a LCS selling resonable price for bowen or SS item. :redface:

What I can think of is Simply Toys..

Well, let's start a list of LCS in Singapore.. be it like or dislike stores.. here goes:-

1) Simply Toys - Suntec City Mall, #03-53/55/57/61
2) Xenomorph - Bras Basah Complex #03-43
3) Mikel'Z - Lucky Chinatown #B2-04A/B
4) Ace Ventuna Toys - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-14
5) Ng's Collections - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-09
6) SpawnAsia - Nankin Row, #01-02
7) Toystar - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-31
8) Treasure Land by toyntoys.com - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #01-25/26
9) U-Toys - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-11/12
10) Vincent Collection - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #01-22

Singaporeans, let us join force and discover all LSC in this tiny red dot country! :thumbs2:

Do add on to the list! :buttrock:

jollyskeleton
11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, I get the reason. Just that in Singapore, it's not that easy to find a LCS selling resonable price for bowen or SS item. :redface:

What I can think of is Simply Toys..

Well, let's start a list of LCS in Singapore.. be it like or dislike stores.. here goes:-

1) Simply Toys - Suntec City Mall, #03-53/55/57/61
2) Xenomorph - Bras Basah Complex #03-43
3) Mikel'Z - Lucky Chinatown #B2-04A/B
4) Ace Ventuna Toys - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-14
5) Ng's Collections - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-09
6) SpawnAsia - Nankin Row, #01-02
7) Toystar - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-31
8) Treasure Land by toyntoys.com - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #01-25/26
9) U-Toys - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #02-11/12
10) Vincent Collection - Marsh & McLennan Centre, #01-22

Singaporeans, let us join force and discover all LSC in this tiny red dot country! :thumbs2:

Do add on to the list! :buttrock:

Theres G n B comics as well, at Bras Basah Complex

metalsquid
11-16-2008, 10:59 AM
beachfox, LCS stands for Local Comic Shop. None of those you listed are comic shops. they are toy stores, ie. action figure territory.

the legitimate places in Singapore to get your statues and busts from, are the comic shops, who order their stuff from Diamond. here's a list of LCS in Singapore.

1. G&B comics - bras basah complex
2. Comics World - parklane shopping centre
3. Comics Mart - serene centre
4. Alarics - funan centre
5. Absolute comics - bugis junction

lastly, there's Simply Toys. not a comic shop, but they're the official distributors in Singapore for most of the major statue companies - Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Cinemaquette. therefore, they will be the cheapest place for those products.

patman
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
thanks for the list guys. these will be useful when i come over for a visit next time. :D

Darknight
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Any shop in Sg that does professional paint work for kits / repair / touch-ups that is highly recommend?

anyone?

beachfox
11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
beachfox, LCS stands for Local Comic Shop. None of those you listed are comic shops. they are toy stores, ie. action figure territory.

the legitimate places in Singapore to get your statues and busts from, are the comic shops, who order their stuff from Diamond. here's a list of LCS in Singapore.

1. G&B comics - bras basah complex
2. Comics World - parklane shopping centre
3. Comics Mart - serene centre
4. Alarics - funan centre
5. Absolute comics - bugis junction

lastly, there's Simply Toys. not a comic shop, but they're the official distributors in Singapore for most of the major statue companies - Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Cinemaquette. therefore, they will be the cheapest place for those products.

Thanks for the info. ;)
Btw, where do you normally get your statue from?

metalsquid
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
i used to get my Bowen stuff from either G&B or Alarics. Sideshow and the rest, from Simply Toys. cheers.