PDA

View Full Version : Resucitating Sculpey

DarkKni9hT
11-05-2008, 03:43 AM
I have a sculpt in progress which has been sitting around for a bit. It's pretty stiff and tough to work with. Couple small cracks. . What's a good way to soften up the surface of semi-cured Scupley so that I can continue to work new clay in and finish it up? I really like the idea and execution of what I began. If I can get it finished so all the parts support one another, I think it can be saved.
THX

Kdawg59
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
They make this stuff called Sculpey Diluent. That supposedly gets sculpt back in good conditioning and form. I have never tried it but people do seem to like it from what I have heard...

Also if it is only small areas you could maybe get away with gouging them out and replacing with fresh clay... Give it a rip and good luck:)

CHUCKYBABY555
11-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi, I have always used turpenoid. It is actually a turpentine substitute and has no smell. Artists use it to clean their brushes but it works great fro smoothing sculpey. Just put some on yur hands and knead the sculpey. It actually "melts" the sculpey and will soften it up pretty good. I hope your hands are strong cause old sculpey can be pretty tough!