PDA

View Full Version : Guess the Next Macaluso Street Fighter PF

Pages : [1] 2

Andrew
11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Alright guys, I know the Vega's are still rolling in and Jerry is working hard to fix the problems with the damaged ones, but am I the only one that is dying to know what the next Street Fighter PF character is going to be?!

Come on Jerry, how about a hint...? It will make you feel better to get it off your chest, like therapy! :thumbs2:

:D

Averone
11-17-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes, that would go a long way.....

I agree therapeutic! Keep the hope alive.

Vince-Vell
11-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I dunno, SF4 is hitting next year and a ton of characters on the list that could really do well for Jerry if made.

New characters are:
1. Abel
2. Crimson Viper
3. El Fuerte AKA The Strong One
4. Rufus
5. Seth AKA The Puppet Master is the final boss

Returning characters are:
6. Akuma
7. Balrog
8. Blanka
9. Cammy
10. Chun-Li
11. Dan Hibiki
12. Dhalsim
13. E. Honda
14. Fei Long
15. Gen
16. Gouken
17. Guile
18. Ken Masters
19. M. Bison
20. Rose
21. Ryu
22. Sagat
23. Sakura Kasugano
24. Vega
25. Zangief

Since Rose has been announced in SF4, her and Sakura are on the top of my list!!! :buttrock:

MrYac
11-17-2008, 08:04 PM
i highly doubt he'll ever do the new people Vince, and as of right now i'm fine with that. maybe when i play the game they'll blow me away, but from looks alone none of them impress me in the least. and of course my wants are the same as they've always been Oro or Gen. but i'd be fine with never getting a Gen PF if he gets made in a Gen vs. Akuma dio instead:D

DeKind
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
i think the Dio is next as far as SF goes. I believe he also has other projects in the works.

I think it would be a waste of talent if he just kept focusing only on SF peices this year. Some variety is good for everyone. Freshens the artists perspective and attracts new attention.

Andrew
11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
i think the Dio is next as far as SF goes. I believe he also has other projects in the works.

I think it would be a waste of talent if he just kept focusing only on SF peices this year. Some variety is good for everyone. Freshens the artists perspective and attracts new attention.

Well he said there would be 4 PF's in '09 and hinted that he would be making the next announcement this month so I was just trying to get the ball rolling. Here's to hoping!

Vince-Vell
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
i highly doubt he'll ever do the new people Vince, and as of right now i'm fine with that. maybe when i play the game they'll blow me away, but from looks alone none of them impress me in the least. and of course my wants are the same as they've always been Oro or Gen. but i'd be fine with never getting a Gen PF if he gets made in a Gen vs. Akuma dio instead:D

Oh i could care less about the new SF4 people, but i want to see Alpha characters since they been around a while.

Just with SF4, the anime that will come with the game, SF2 Remix and now more rumors of possible Udon remakes of SF3 etc... Next year could be a great year for SF fans.

candyrocket786
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't care about the next character right now. I more concerned with the Vega issues and then the arrival of Morrigan and Cammy.

Ridimous
11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I hope that Ryu Vs Sagat is next. Then I hope it's Guile.

RINGU GIRL
11-18-2008, 12:45 AM
i think PF Crimson Viper and Gouken would be sweet!

Jerry can do it! :thumbs2:

derekrodneysim
11-18-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd prefer the classic characters first.

Probably a Ken. Dhalsim, Guile or Honda would rock too!

wcazian
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Guile would be good choice

riderV3
11-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Honda!:buttrock:

bebohawk
11-18-2008, 01:50 AM
ken,sagat or guile please!!!!!!

Red X
11-18-2008, 02:18 AM
The amount of awesome that Guile, Bison, and Blanka would possess would be unreal.

Andrew
11-18-2008, 02:59 AM
My top three right now would be...

1. Guile
2. Dhalsim
3. E. Honda

Not in any particular order. Just something different. I just got the Blanka and Sagat statues from SOTA recently which are great. I just wouldn't be as excited if one of those two were the next PF for that reason.

batman1180
11-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Ken will probably the one.

ramobo
11-18-2008, 03:44 AM
Balrog (boxer) please! :buttrock:

Andrew
11-18-2008, 04:02 AM
Let's break it down to who it probably won't be and guess from there, just for fun. :tounge:

Jerry is about to release Morrigan and Cammy so it probably won't be Chun Li.

Vega just came out and Sagat is going to be in the upcoming Dio with Ryu so it probably won't be any of the "bosses" (Bison Balrog Sagat).

SOTA released the Blanka statue earlier this year so it's probable that not as many people would be interested in that PF right now.

Jerry said that Zangief, because of his size, would be more expensive than his past PF's. Economy is "bad" right now so maybe not him either.

Jerry's first two PF's were Akuma and Ryu so in my mind another character with a karate gi, Ken, would also seem unlikely.

So going by my theory and the original 12, that only leaves Guile, E. Honda, Dhalsim. Our country will soon be stepping into a new era on Jan. 20 and we need a "patriot". So...

For the record I am guessing Jerry's next street fighter PF will be Guile. :thumbs2:

Free statue if I'm right! :laugh:

clockwork463
11-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Ken is this pose would be good

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4829/353pxken39467c2lz6.jpg

Andrew
11-18-2008, 04:13 AM
...and the Exclusive of that would be an interchangeable head with Ken's ponytail from the Alpha series.

clockwork463
11-18-2008, 04:19 AM
...and the Exclusive of that would be an interchangeable head with Ken's ponytail from the Alpha series.

This

Sgt Taz
11-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Sagat :buttrock:

Surfer Dude
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
The amount of awesome that Guile, Bison, and Blanka would possess would be unreal.

Those would be the choices I hope for as well. Maybe even a Zangief?

TRT
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I want a Ken, definitively !

MrYac
11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
well Jerry has dropped a couple hints that it might be Oro (at least i interpreted it that way:p) , i'd love that. still won't be convinced till i see him, but i am hopeful. i know people love the originals, but come on give those of us who like the new guys (especilly the freaks) a bone

OuttaSight
11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Its being worked on...the head is being sculpted by a old friend (and ex SOTA employee) that has now made a really strong name for himself in the collectibles world.

I believe he does a lot of sculpting for Sideshow these days.

Im doing the body right now.

Im also behind...sigh...

MrYac
11-18-2008, 06:38 PM
alexi?

OuttaSight
11-18-2008, 06:52 PM
alexi?

Nope hes working on a new license for me...though hes out sick today...lazy bastich ! :laugh:

XMAN
11-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Please give us a Classic.....Chun li.......Honda.....dahalsim

MrYac
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Please give us a Classic.....Chun li.......Honda.....dahalsim

no no and no. i'll be ok with Honda getting made some day since he is somebody who doesn't get much merchandise and i'd actually very much enjoy Dhalsim but Chun Li has a billion and 6 figures and statues already so i'm hoping she doesn't show up for quite awhile in this line (wishful thinking i know)

bruhaha69
11-18-2008, 07:30 PM
On Chun Li, I've only seen one statue that I actually thought was decent and that was in her classic costume. I'd like a nice Alpha Chun Li in one of these two frames:

http://www.slateman.net/images/gaming/gifs/chunli/chunli-alpha-taunt-green.gif
http://www.slateman.net/images/gaming/gifs/chunli/chunli-alpha-kick-green.gif

Aertyl
11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Probably not going to happen but... I second Rose! :buttrock:

theargo
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
I'll bet on HONDA. Put him next to Hulk PF and we got ourselves a battle of beast.

Andrew
11-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Its being worked on...the head is being sculpted by a old friend (and ex SOTA employee) that has now made a really strong name for himself in the collectibles world.

Im also behind...sigh...

Ahhhh man! Not even a hint?!

:(

Spazzy
11-19-2008, 12:02 AM
I would be SO happy if Jerry did a Guile, Chun Li, Sagat, or M. Bison.

And of course Ken, but since I don't have Ryu yet, I can wait.

Trustey
11-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Guile (to beat up nancy-boy Vega), then the dio, then Sagat so you can display him opposite Ryu PF and the dio.

Makubex
11-19-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm getting all the SF characters regardless, but my top picks would be Sagat, Zangief, Alex and M. Bison

spawnonfire
11-19-2008, 03:37 AM
Dhalsim and Sagat are my favourite characters so I hope they get made. I could see Sagat happening but I think I'm out of luck on Dhalsim.

RINGU GIRL
11-19-2008, 03:50 AM
Dhalsim and Sagat are my favourite characters so I hope they get made. I could see Sagat happening but I think I'm out of luck on Dhalsim.

Dhalsim is too slow :laugh:

XMAN
11-19-2008, 02:29 PM
slow yes........but cool maneuvers.....love that yoga flame.

Dan_Lebou
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
I think that a Dhalsim statue would look very good.

He's not the best character in the world to play as but he is interesting looking.

Rquiem
11-19-2008, 03:34 PM
For the love of god,

Please provide us with a decent reallike statue version of chun li for a change.

Not the dumb big tits manga version we see every corner.

I dont think ive ever seen one decent chun li statue except the attachement

For those who have the streetfighter eternal challange artbook checkout page 25 entirely or page 115 middle top pic of chun li.
You know what i mean. She wears her traditional outfit but the head goes along nicely vs the cammy statue.

Btw not like the second attachment. (hellno)

XMAN
11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Is it me?....that second attachment looks like a guy.

clockwork463
11-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Is it me?....that second attachment looks like a guy.

It's jackie chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVx8l_-nn6c

fist_of_spawn
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Rose!

w00tw00t
11-19-2008, 11:52 PM
classic movie haha love it

Magik
11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
It's jackie chan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVx8l_-nn6c

What movie is that? I can't believe I never saw that clip before.

Vince-Vell
11-20-2008, 12:04 AM

Just a skit, wasnt a movie if i remember correctly.

ZKULPTOR
11-20-2008, 12:10 AM
hehe I say Ken! yeah :D

XMAN
11-20-2008, 01:40 AM
well....I didn't know that was Jackie......just thought that was one ugly Chun Li......fun skit though.

Andrew
11-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I know this isn't the next statue from Jerry, but for those street fighter fans out there that collect the SOTA statues (not the action figures) the capcom store has listed the 10" chun li statue that was a SDCC exclusive that you could only get if you attended (or bought from a flipper on ebay).

I was upset that I wasn't able to get this one and didn't want to pay someone on ebay for it so I was excited to see this and bought one. $89.95 and they offer free shipping!! :thumbs2:

http://shop.capcom.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=capcomus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=108093400

Will look good right in between the two Ryu's...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0043.jpg

ZKULPTOR
11-24-2008, 06:15 PM

Im also behind...sigh...
Jerry, I am sure the body will look amazing!

Rquiem
11-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I dont like those ryu's much, but its just an opinion. But that Sagat and Blanka are just pure win.

Btw ever get that Ibuki statue from Sota? Rocks!

Darth Pain
11-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Guile (to beat up nancy-boy Vega), then the dio, then Sagat so you can display him opposite Ryu PF and the dio.

YES!!!....lol
Guile would be my first SF PF.:buttrock:

Xvxv
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
For the love of god,

Please provide us with a decent reallike statue version of chun li for a change.

Not the dumb big tits manga version we see every corner.

I dont think ive ever seen one decent chun li statue except the attachement

For those who have the streetfighter eternal challange artbook checkout page 25 entirely or page 115 middle top pic of chun li.
You know what i mean. She wears her traditional outfit but the head goes along nicely vs the cammy statue.

Btw not like the second attachment. (hellno)

I completely agree. I've been wanting a decent Chun Li statue but all of them have those dumb, exaggerated huge boobies. I agree though, your first attachment picture is the best one there is on the current market.

Andrew
11-26-2008, 12:47 AM
I dont like those ryu's much, but its just an opinion. But that Sagat and Blanka are just pure win.

Btw ever get that Ibuki statue from Sota? Rocks!

I never got into the characters from SFIII (except for the classic ones) so I passed on the Ibuki. The Ryu's do look better in person but the flash messes them up a bit. The Sagat is the best of the four without a doubt though! :buttrock:

Xvxv
11-26-2008, 02:06 AM

Reading from the Youtube comments, it looks like it is an actual movie called City Hunter. Never watched it nor heard of it before; but some comments state that it is available on Netflix. That clip is simply hilarious though!

Tin
11-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Dont want him to be released yet, plenty of other characters before him.....

But when/if he does, this pose would be awesome

http://fightingstreet.com/folders/artworkfolder/artworkpics/sf_art/sfiii_art/sfiii3s_art/sfiii3s_fbart/SFIII3sfb_dudley.jpg

XMAN
11-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Just give me a Chun Li to ge with this collection first.......she is so iconic to the series....and I don't care what other companies have released her....I want her in this collection done by pop culture.(Macaluso)

Tin
11-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Leave Chun for now... she would be awesome, but if you heave out the big characters first theres a bigger chance of the line dying and the smaller characters never being made

vashdaman
11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I know this isn't the next statue from Jerry, but for those street fighter fans out there that collect the SOTA statues (not the action figures) the capcom store has listed the 10" chun li statue that was a SDCC exclusive that you could only get if you attended (or bought from a flipper on ebay).

I was upset that I wasn't able to get this one and didn't want to pay someone on ebay for it so I was excited to see this and bought one. $89.95 and they offer free shipping!! :thumbs2:

Oh man I was excited there, that chun li statue is one of my fav SF ones and my fav chun li, but I live in the UK and we dont have a capcom store or whatever:( .Does anybody know if there is somewhere or someway i can it shipped over here?

Sgt Taz
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
I dont care who's next as long as it's Sagat :buttrock:

Vince-Vell
11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
ROSE!!!

Old Snake
11-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I dont care who's next as long as it's Sagat :buttrock:

The sooner the better!

MrYac
11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
ROSE!!!

Rose will probably be a no go, shes all clothes and he said pretty early on he wanted to work on body structures so characters like Rose and sadly Gen who have baggy outfits probably aren't high on the list

Vince-Vell
11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Rose will probably be a no go, shes all clothes and he said pretty early on he wanted to work on body structures so characters like Rose and sadly Gen who have baggy outfits probably aren't high on the list

Rather see rose all sculpted then real felt on her anyway. I doubt the factory could do a good job on her outfit anyway. But a Rose the same size as the rest of the statues would rock!:buttrock:

Andrew
11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh man I was excited there, that chun li statue is one of my fav SF ones and my fav chun li, but I live in the UK and we dont have a capcom store or whatever:( .Does anybody know if there is somewhere or someway i can it shipped over here?

I can send one your way if you want, PM me and we can work something out.

Meteor Man
11-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Why not do some more Darkstalkers?

I would love to see a Rikuo, a Victor, a Jon Talbain, a Sasquatch, and an Anakaris. Rikuo, Victor, and Jon Talbain would be my top pics, but I'm sure they'll never see the light of day.:( ...cause... they're "Dark"stalkers.:)

Dan_Lebou
11-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Why not do some more Darkstalkers?

I would love to see a Rikuo, a Victor, a Jon Talbain, a Sasquatch, and an Anakaris. Rikuo, Victor, and Jon Talbain would be my top pics, but I'm sure they'll never see the light of day.:( ...cause... they're "Dark"stalkers.:)

I'd be sooooo up for these! how about a statue of Dmitri and Morrigan like this...

Makubex
11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Ya the SF2 characters definitely need to be spread apart. Hopefully some SF3 and Alpha characters will get some love in this line (Alex, Oro, Charlie, Ibuki...)

terminus
11-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Jerry, I am sure the body will look amazing!

which SF character is it?

gladdepooier
11-30-2008, 07:27 AM
I would die for a statue of the legendary Man, supertaunt, Dan!

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/joslim_88/Dan_for_Sota_Toys_by_Omar_Doganc-1.jpg

El Pulento
11-30-2008, 08:02 AM

Dude!!.. Just visit Forbidden Planet in London or check out there website... But why would living in the UK be a problem?.. I live in the North Pole and I get all my favorite statues right to my door... Just search the bay or even the good Samaritans from this Forum that provides international shipment..

vashdaman
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Dude!!.. Just visit Forbidden Planet in London or check out there website... But why would living in the UK be a problem?.. I live in the North Pole and I get all my favorite statues right to my door... Just search the bay or even the good Samaritans from this Forum that provides international shipment..

Hmmm, I could go down to forbidden planet and check, but I cant find it on their website,anyway i suppose its worth a check. And as for the bloody bay,well thats a last resort,dont like buyin from there too much,I did check it though and there was 1 but the current bid was more expensive then capcoms store price,so I thought nah im not feelin that, but cheers for the suggestion anyway

Sinister Mister
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh234/joslim_88/Dan_for_Sota_Toys_by_Omar_Doganc-1.jpg

Yes, I definitely hope that Dan is one of the few Street Fighters outside of the original twelve that gets lucky enough to be made. I would definitely get him to go along with Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. If i'm not mistaken, I believe Jerry is a fan of Dan so he may have a shot. He's definitely one of the more popular characters outside of the classic twelve. I believe he could definitely support a 200 or so piece run. If Oro can be done, Dan can definitely be done. Take note Jerry, "We want Dan Hibiki."

Vince-Vell
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing a Dan but waaaaaaaay down the line after some more popular characters. All tho it would be funny to see a Dan with a busted up face and one crying LOL.

OuttaSight
11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
We may eventually see a Dan but down the road.

Dan_Lebou
11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Blimey - just make a single body, paint it various colours and then stick a different head on each and you've got Dan, Ryu, Ken and Akuma.

I want variety and not just from the neck up!

MrYac
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM

great theres 1 name we can cross off the potential list for next, any other hints :p

riderV3
11-30-2008, 07:01 PM

Dan is cool but not $300-statue cool...

There're lot more obsecure charcters that deserve statue treatment before Dan...

Sinister Mister
11-30-2008, 07:22 PM
Dan is cool but not $300-statue cool...

There're lot more obsecure charcters that deserve statue treatment before Dan...

You forgot to add, "In my opinion," to that statement because there are certainly many people out there, myself included, that do think he is worth it, and he is certainly no less deserving than any other obscure character outside the top 12, be it Oro or Twelve or whomever else. It's really just a matter of personal taste so you can't really state that he's not $300 cool as fact, because maybe to you he isn't, but to others he is.

MrYac
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
outside the top 12.

eh, even the "12" aren't all deserving, 4 of them aren't even original, just because they were thrown into a later version of Street Fighter 2 doesn't make them originals, i'd like to see everybody get made if it's possible, i'd only actually buy 1 or 2 of them but it would be cool to see them all, i just get annoyed when people preach the gosspel of the "originals" and throw Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei and Deejay in there. if Super Turbo Ultra Master Street Fighter 2 was re-released yet again and this time all the SF3 people were now playable would that then make them "original world warriors" too?

Sinister Mister
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
eh, even the "12" aren't all deserving, 4 of them aren't even original, just because they were thrown into a later version of Street Fighter 2 doesn't make them originals, i'd like to see everybody get made if it's possible, i'd only actually buy 1 or 2 of them but it would be cool to see them all, i just get annoyed when people preach the gosspel of the "originals" and throw Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei and Deejay in there. if Super Turbo Ultra Master Street Fighter 2 was re-released yet again and this time all the SF3 people were now playable would that then make them "original world warriors" too?

I'm not counting Cammy, Deejay, T. Hawk, or Fei "I'm not Bruce Lee" Long. I'm counting the original 8 Street Fighter 2 selectable fighters and the 4 boss characters. I don't count Akuma either.

MrYac
11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not counting Cammy, Deejay, T. Hawk, or Fei "I'm not Bruce Lee" Long. I'm counting the original 8 Street Fighter 2 selectable fighters and the 4 boss characters. I don't count Akuma either.

acceptable then:thumbs2:

Tin
12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Any chance of the preview that was coming in November jerry? :D

OuttaSight
12-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Talked to Sideshow today... we're going to put the next statue up early January.

But I will prob give you guys a sneak peek right after XMas.

XMAN
12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Why not give us a Christmas gift and give us a peek on Christmas day......

Anespian
12-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Can you tell us who the character is now. "Anxious in anticipation :)"

Sinister Mister
12-12-2008, 04:18 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the next statue will be of the male variety.

gladdepooier
12-12-2008, 07:38 AM

yes! that's awesome to hear. still no true confirmation of course but good enough for me :D

Hylian Elf
12-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Talked to Sideshow today... we're going to put the next statue up early January.

After Xmas?!?! Aw, that's ages away!

I'm really hoping for Sagat or Guile... but in my opinion, a mixed media Bison/Vega (last boss) will be awesome. Just need to get the material right for his outfit. Leather-ish, with proper metal belt buckle and shinguard-thingies. I'm guessing an exclusive version will come with cape and non-exclusive wouldn't.

robotcollector
12-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I bet its zangief...only because he has one of those faces that fun to sculp. Hope its guile though with the winning brush pose.

BigLeagueChu
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM

Can't wait

Vince-Vell
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
SWEET! Looking forward to the new one!

BTW Jerry your PM box is full. :p

OuttaSight
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Next statue is definately not Sagat as he's coming in the VS Diorama.

Im hoping to not be surfing the web on Christmas day so you will have to wait until after to see some sneak peeks.

El Pulento
12-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Not Sagat!!! Ohhh the Horror!!!!.... Jerry why you so cruel!!!???... hehehe... VS Diorama here I come!!!.. the any other one that I would buy wouöd be KEN so as long it's not KEN I will save money until the VS diorama comes up... if it is KEN I'm in some deep caca..

Tin
12-12-2008, 06:30 PM
You prob wont answer but what the hell :rolleyes2

Is it the Oro you were working on or something different?

Andrew
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I bet its zangief...only because he has one of those faces that fun to sculp. Hope its guile though with the winning brush pose.

I'm still sticking with Guile, but I'm hoping for the arm straight up in the air holding the dog tag pose. That would have hella command presence among the other statues! :buttrock:

OuttaSight
12-12-2008, 09:18 PM
You prob wont answer but what the hell :rolleyes2

Is it the Oro you were working on or something different?

Sideshow and I have discussed Oro and because of the economy we have decided to not dip into the lessor known characters yet..as least as far as the 18" expensive statues go.

however you can be sure that Oro is definately near the top of my list for the smaller statues Ill be doing.

Red X
12-12-2008, 09:36 PM
After Cammy, it has to be Guile.

IMHO the next few that HAVE to be done next (besides Guile) are: M. Bison, Chun Li, Sage, Blanka, and Ken.

Those the the heavy hitters that will sell.

Tin
12-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Which is why they definately shouldnt be done next. If they are all released first then the lesser characters wont get the chance of a release, the line will die

MrYac
12-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Sideshow and I have discussed Oro and because of the economy we have decided to not dip into the lessor known characters yet..as least as far as the 18" expensive statues go.

however you can be sure that Oro is definately near the top of my list for the smaller statues Ill be doing.

thats unfortunate to hear, obviously you need to do what will sell (and i still say anything you do with sideshow will sell out), but still he's one of the few characters i actually want a PF of. i still look forward to a mini of him, but i'll be hoping for a giant Oro to call my own some day as well

SARFARAZ
12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Come on Bison......please let it be Bison! He's my fav character after Akuma and Ryu. I dont mind if it's Guile or Balrog, but Bison's on the top of my list! Has to be another bad guy. It will be in order then. Bad(akuma) good (Ryu) bad (Vega) good (Cammy) bad....Bison! :)

OuttaSight
12-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I know many of us want the more obscure characters, but with the economy tanking and statue sales slowing (trust me on that one) I have to cater to the majority and they want the main characters.

If I can find the time I may try and finish Oro and do him as a SUPER limited (<100) piece off my own website later in the year.

I dont think any of us should think we will ever complete the cast of Street Fighter characters in 18" any more than you should expect Sideshow to complete the Marvel characters in 18". Its just not feasible.

So lets get through the 12 World Warriors (plus a few popular surprises) and then see where we are.

XMAN
12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
YES

Tin
12-13-2008, 04:38 PM
If I can find the time I may try and finish Oro and do him as a SUPER limited (<100) piece off my own website later in the year.

Any of the obscure PF's that you do Jerry, stick me on the list!

XMAN
12-13-2008, 04:43 PM
ORIGINAL WARRIORS ROCK.....I would love to see HONDA

Old Snake
12-13-2008, 04:58 PM
ORIGINAL WARRIORS ROCK.....I would love to see HONDA

Absolutely. I've always dug E. Honda, not necessarily because he's a sumo wrestler, but because of his steadfast dedication to training, like Ryu. And like Ryu he's one of the easiest to pick up and learn. But yes, he would make an awesome, heavy statue!

I hope it's not Ken, since we've had Ryu and Akuma. Guile seems like the one.

Devo
12-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Smart money is on dhalsim, just been down the bookies and got odds of 5 to 1 on dhalsim being the next world warrior :sly2:

XMAN
12-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I just love this line.......dhalsim is another fav of mine......can't wait for Chun Li ........gotta have em all.

OuttaSight
12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
I just love this line.......dhalsim is another fav of mine......can't wait for Chun Li ........gotta have em all.

Chun Li is in the works but I suspect its going to take a long time to get the costume right so I have no idea if she will make it for 2009...2010 more likely.

I unfortunately had to switch costume designers

Got a great new person that just redid Cammys outfits for me. WAY BETTER than the originals..wait until you all see them.

dhampir46
12-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Chun Li is in the works but I suspect its going to take a long time to get the costume right so I have no idea if she will make it for 2009...2010 more likely.

Got a great new person that just redid Cammys outfits for me. WAY BETTER than the originals..wait until you all see them.

Awesome, I am excited, when do we get pics???

Tin
12-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Come on Jerry, just a hint at who's next? :D

XMAN
12-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Jerry...this is great news....you have made my evening.....going out to celebrate......now......if you tell me who's next I promise to have a drink on your behalf.

Level.2
12-13-2008, 10:45 PM

I am going to guess Bison/Dictator, since he's popular. I would have said Sagat, but he's gonna be in Dio form, so it may be a bit too soon for him? Though, Bison is gonna cost quite a pretty penny with all that fabric he wears.

Glad to hear about cammy :thumbsup

Red X
12-13-2008, 11:03 PM

Excellent news on both accounts, Chun Li and Cammy!!!

And to anyone getting upset about all the "heavy hitters" and most popular characters being don first, I really don't see the harm in it. The big characters will sell and sell more, they are sure fire winners. They make money and they keep us fans happy. Give the people what they want when the economy gets better and people have more cash I'm sure we can and will see more "background" characters.

snawly
12-13-2008, 11:06 PM

I'm actually in the crowd that's glad to hear this. I'm probably as big of a Street Fighter fan here but Oro would probably be down near the bottom of the desired list for me after all the cast of SF2, SFA and even some of the other characters in SF3.

snawly
12-13-2008, 11:25 PM

Although Chun Li's outfit would be hard to do, 2009 would be a good time to release a Chun Li because of the February 2009 release of the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li movie.

Glad to hear that Cammy's outfits are redone; I wasn't that impressed with the lines for Cammy's shadowloo's outfit.

In terms of my top 5 characters I'd like to see aside from the obvious ones like Ken and Chun Li:

1. Rose (outfit and hair would be really hard to do)
2. M. Bison
3. Sagat
4. Guile
5. Elena (really obscure)

MrYac
12-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Excellent news on both accounts, Chun Li and Cammy!!!

And to anyone getting upset about all the "heavy hitters" and most popular characters being don first, I really don't see the harm in it. The big characters will sell and sell more, they are sure fire winners. They make money and they keep us fans happy. Give the people what they want when the economy gets better and people have more cash I'm sure we can and will see more "background" characters.

true in theory, but the reality is most lines never make it that far, and those of us who are fans of the obscure people are a bit tired of the wait it out method that almost rarely gives us the people we really want. now don't get me wrong i understand the principal behind it, but i just get upset whenever i see my favorites not being made in favor of another version of the old stand bys that always get their representation, but oh well maybe i'll get lucky and be able to get on board for one of the 100 Oro's from Jerry if he gets that together :)

Red X
12-14-2008, 02:21 AM
true in theory, but the reality is most lines never make it that far, and those of us who are fans of the obscure people are a bit tired of the wait it out method that almost rarely gives us the people we really want. now don't get me wrong i understand the principal behind it, but i just get upset whenever i see my favorites not being made in favor of another version of the old stand bys that always get their representation, but oh well maybe i'll get lucky and be able to get on board for one of the 100 Oro's from Jerry if he gets that together :)

It happens. But lines do end, I'd rather it end with all 12 main fighters, than 10 main ones and 2 obscure ones and have 2 main ones left out.

MrYac
12-14-2008, 03:31 AM
It happens. But lines do end, I'd rather it end with all 12 main fighters, than 10 main ones and 2 obscure ones and have 2 main ones left out.

but your main cast is my list of boring people who have already mostly been done multiple times in multiple formats, and honestly i can't imagine there being more of a demand for say a Deejay or Balrog PF then there is for an Oro or other such lesser character, so just because they got put into an earlier game that doesn't make them a better choice....least not to me anyway

gladdepooier
12-14-2008, 04:28 AM
but your main cast is my list of boring people who have already mostly been done multiple times in multiple formats, and honestly i can't imagine there being more of a demand for say a Deejay or Balrog PF then there is for an Oro or other such lesser character, so just because they got put into an earlier game that doesn't make them a better choice....least not to me anyway

truth! I'd rather have only characters I like than characters that happened to be in a game I played but never chose or was interested in.
just because they round out a cast doesn't make them better choices or cooler statues.:)

and jerry, if it's bison please make the exclusive with an energy fist or something. I get my statues from a LCS so I don't have to pay a sh*tload of shipping from sideshow and taxes /customs. (damn netherlands;)) I need the the cape! bison is The Most Wanted for me!

Sinister Mister
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
I hope it's Zangief! We've had to skinny statues now with Vega and the upcoming Cammy, and even Ryu and Akuma, while muscular, aren't that big. Lets get some bulky guys in there who are jacked. Mighty Zangief all the way with the Sideshow exclusive being the grey evil Zangief!!

terminus
12-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Bison!!! with a red cape! that would be awesome... *hint* *hint*

Red X
12-15-2008, 01:52 AM

Perhaps to some and a minority. Perhaps people collecting these PFs don't have these characters in other formats. The rationalization is that SF2 was and is the best SF to date...and all of the characters from those first two games have become "staples" and legends in the SF legacy.

Again Jerry is focusing on what will sell, and he knows that the more popular characters especially those from SF2 and not the later the games will sell. And I'm happy he is.

Here just make everyone from this photo:

http://movieguide.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/street_fighter.jpg

Throw in Saget, Bison, and Vega and they are as good as sold.

toe
12-15-2008, 04:58 AM
that would be cool if the Dhalsim PF is in that stance

Dan_Lebou
12-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Here just make everyone from this photo:

http://movieguide.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/street_fighter.jpg

Throw in Saget, Bison, and Vega and they are as good as sold.

What would be cool would be to do like they did with the New Avengers and you get all of the characters to make up that scene...

Tin
12-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Personally I'd like the people from this pic

http://udoncrew.deviantart.com/art/Street-Fighter-Street-Jam-63587528

+some from SF3 and SF4

But thats jus me and I know it wont happen :(

OuttaSight
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM

You dont think it would look weird with everyone else standing up and towering over him ?

If I imagine a collectors shelf it doesnt seem to fit.

Red X
12-15-2008, 02:55 PM

+some from SF3 and SF4

I don't think any new characters from SF4 have yet earned the right to be made into a couple hundred dollar statue especially over those popular vets that have been with the series since the early 90s...that also goes for some SF3 characters as well.

XMAN
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
If anyone should be crouched down it should be Blanka or E.Honda....Blanka can be in his approaching stance while E.Honda can have his arm extended out as if he is about to use it......Just my opinion....I'm sure whatever Jerry comes up with it will be a winner.

terminus
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM

+some from SF3 and SF4

yea, I love the stance for Bison in that pic too.

Level.2
12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I think for Bison, those poses would make for a great PF. I only added that third one as the Exc; glowhand psycho power.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/bisonxend.gif

terminus
12-15-2008, 11:37 PM
purple glowing hand is just too cool!

Tin
12-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't think any new characters from SF4 have yet earned the right to be made into a couple hundred dollar statue especially over those popular vets that have been with the series since the early 90s...that also goes for some SF3 characters as well.

I dont think the majority of people that only played SF2 back in the day realise how popular Street Fighter 3 and it's characters actually are. A whole new generation played with these new characters, and also old SF fans like myself played it aswell. Also, because of the way SF3 is, its gonna be played for a long time even after the release of SF4

snawly
12-16-2008, 03:01 PM
I dont think the majority of people that only played SF2 back in the day realise how popular Street Fighter 3 and it's characters actually are. A whole new generation played with these new characters, and also old SF fans like myself played it aswell. Also, because of the way SF3 is, its gonna be played for a long time even after the release of SF4

I don't think the huge SF3 fanatics realize that SF3's popularity came nowhere even close to the popularity of SF2 back in the days. ;)

In all seriousness though, everyone know what SF2 is but I know a lot of people who when asked about SF3 say, "they made a SF3?"

MrYac
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I don't think the huge SF3 fanatics realize that SF3's popularity came nowhere even close to the popularity of SF2 back in the days. ;)

In all seriousness though, everyone know what SF2 is but I know a lot of people who when asked about SF3 say, "they made a SF3?"

true, but thats because there were like 25 street fighter 2's, so they kind of beat people over the head with it :p seriously though those same random people who might know what Street Fighter 2 is will most likely have no clue who any of the characters are aside from Ken, Ryu Chun-Li the "stretchy guy" and the "green dude", the same amount of people who want somebody like Deejay or T. Hawk will more then likely turn out in equal numbers for an Oro or any of the other "lessers"

snawly
12-17-2008, 12:28 AM
true, but thats because there were like 25 street fighter 2's, so they kind of beat people over the head with it :p seriously though those same random people who might know what Street Fighter 2 is will most likely have no clue who any of the characters are aside from Ken, Ryu Chun-Li the "stretchy guy" and the "green dude", the same amount of people who want somebody like Deejay or T. Hawk will more then likely turn out in equal numbers for an Oro or any of the other "lessers"

In all fairness Deejay and T.Hawk did not appear in the first 3 SF2s (SF2, SF2:CE & SF2:HF) so I wouldn't say they're from the staple of the original 12. Using those characters would be like comparing Q or Makoto from SF3. I'm sure those two aren't tops on your list. ;)

Personally though, I like both T.Hawk and Deejay.

MrYac
12-17-2008, 12:53 AM
In all fairness Deejay and T.Hawk did not appear in the first 3 SF2s (SF2, SF2:CE & SF2:HF) so I wouldn't say they're from the staple of the original 12. Using those characters would be like comparing Q or Makoto from SF3. I'm sure those two aren't tops on your list. ;)

i agree, but a lot of people like to insist that anybody who appeared in any incarnation of SF2 is an "original" even if they were added in years after the games release

Tin
12-17-2008, 06:41 AM

Just because I'm a SF geek, I would absolutely love a Makoto :D

MrYac
12-17-2008, 03:07 PM
heh Q would make for a cool looking statue, but for the record my list is very small. as much as i'd love to get all of them between cash and space theres only 2 i would buy unquestionably and that is Oro and Gen, the rest would be on a case by case basis

Red X
12-18-2008, 04:11 AM
I really want to see the new retooled Cammy outfit....:eplus2:

El Pulento
12-18-2008, 07:01 AM
I say Ken!!.. Everything points that the next Statue will be Ken.. and with "Everything" I mean just me.... hehehehe.....

terminus
12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
I wish there was a retooled Akuma...I missed it when it first came out...

Vince-Vell
12-19-2008, 12:35 PM
So when will that rose be made? Shes in SF4 now!!! :buttrock:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/Vance258/pst_rose_stand_fix.jpg

gladdepooier
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
hmm.. rose hasn't changed that much at all, has she? that's good always liked her design. gen however, is screwed in that department if you ask me...

Vince-Vell
12-19-2008, 05:27 PM
hmm.. rose hasn't changed that much at all, has she? that's good always liked her design. gen however, is screwed in that department if you ask me...

I think they are trying to make him a bit younger in SF4 since it takes place before the alpha series if i remember correctly.

Level.2
12-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Yeah, he looks like a freaking zombie. They dropped the ball there.

I think they are trying to make him a bit younger in SF4 since it takes place before the alpha series if i remember correctly.

This takes place after SF2.

Vince-Vell
12-19-2008, 05:40 PM
This takes place after SF2.

Ya and before the alpha series where he is supposed to die in.

Red X
12-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Where's Gen?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2247/2490401015_917d1b3268_o.jpg

Andrew
12-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Ya and before the alpha series where he is supposed to die in.

The story line of SF4 is in between SF2 and SF3 but definitely after the Alpha series. Story wise, Alpha happened before any of them.

I am waiting to find out how they are going to explain Gouken's return since he was supposed to have been killed by Akuma (Gouki) who are also brothers.

Red X
12-19-2008, 06:00 PM
This game is a MUST buy on day one, the more I see the more I want it. Def in my top 3 to pick up next year.

Tin
12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Where's Gen?

Gen isnt there because that pic is a collection of the art work for the arcade release. Gen, Sakura, Cammy, Rose, Gouken, Dan, Akuma and Seth are extra's on top of that pic.

Feb is gonna be a hell of an expensive month for me.... Probably Cammy to pay for, Collectors Edition of SFIV, the Tournament Edition arcade stick, plus tons of the other SF stuff that will prob get released!

MrYac
12-19-2008, 08:37 PM

i don't think he looks that bad, i do hate the stupid little hair bun he has though

XMAN
12-19-2008, 10:47 PM
STREETFIGHTER IV ROCKS.

Vince-Vell
12-19-2008, 11:08 PM
The story line of SF4 is in between SF2 and SF3 but definitely after the Alpha series. Story wise, Alpha happened before any of them.

I am waiting to find out how they are going to explain Gouken's return since he was supposed to have been killed by Akuma (Gouki) who are also brothers.

Ah ok found the correct timeline of the games

SF1 - 1987
SFA2 - 1988
SFA3 - 1990
SF2 - 1993
SF4 - 1994/1995
SF3: Second Impact - 1998
SF3: Third Strike - 1999

SFA2 is when Gouken is killed, at least in Akumas ending. I wonder if they are gonna make it so Akuma has some good in him still and couldnt kill his own brother. Which could open up a new story for Ryu wondering why his master never contacted him etc.... Could be very interesting.

Vince-Vell
12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Gen isnt there because that pic is a collection of the art work for the arcade release. Gen, Sakura, Cammy, Rose, Gouken, Dan, Akuma and Seth are extra's on top of that pic.

Feb is gonna be a hell of an expensive month for me.... Probably Cammy to pay for, Collectors Edition of SFIV, the Tournament Edition arcade stick, plus tons of the other SF stuff that will prob get released!

Yup, Cammy, need a PS3 and i am sure we will see some re-release SF games come out. hints of MvC2 being redone for either online download or dics. Then i am waiting on Udon to re-release their art book that was sold out and going for over $100 on ebay....

Red X
12-19-2008, 11:31 PM
I can't wait until we get a sequel to SF3...

Vince-Vell
12-20-2008, 12:25 AM
I can't wait until we get a sequel to SF3...

Doubt it will happen, Capcom USA owns the license and they wont put the effort into another intense animated 2D SF game. But i wish they would!!!

MinMay
12-20-2008, 12:52 AM
nice...love the coloring on this one...purple and yellow :buttrock:

So when will that rose be made? Shes in SF4 now!!! :buttrock:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/Vance258/pst_rose_stand_fix.jpg

Red X
12-20-2008, 12:58 AM
Doubt it will happen, Capcom USA owns the license and they wont put the effort into another intense animated 2D SF game. But i wish they would!!!

Why not? We are getting SF4 which takes place after SF2. Why can't we get a SF5 which takes place after 3 in the timeline?

terminus
12-20-2008, 01:32 AM
so...who's the next statue?

Red X
12-20-2008, 02:17 AM
so...who's the next statue?

We dunno, waiting for Jerry!!!!

Averone
12-20-2008, 02:21 AM
God! Let him take his time!!!

I need to pay for everything else on order!!!

Vince-Vell
12-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Why not? We are getting SF4 which takes place after SF2. Why can't we get a SF5 which takes place after 3 in the timeline?

Sorry i thought you ment same type of animated/game play SF3. I am sure they will make another down the line but doubt they will draw up the 20 animated moves again. Will prob use the same game engine for SF4 since SF3 was old school drawings which i loved!

Tin
12-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Yup, Cammy, need a PS3 and i am sure we will see some re-release SF games come out. hints of MvC2 being redone for either online download or dics. Then i am waiting on Udon to re-release their art book that was sold out and going for over $100 on ebay....

No no no no no they wont re-release the art books. I have them all, picked up Eternal Challenge (Which goes for stupid money) off ebay for about £10 ages ago, perfect condition. It was in a listing just called "Street Fighter comics". In the description it had a big list of the comics, then "oh and also included eternal challenge" :D

bruhaha69
12-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I really love Rose's character and design. It would be sweet if we got a statue of her down the road.

gladdepooier
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
i don't think he looks that bad, i do hate the stupid little hair bun he has though

yeah, he hasn't changed that much but the things they did change seriously detract from his former look. first he had this sleek(I think that's the right word ;)) design and now he has those huge pyama pants and pin-like beard/hair etc. small changes but...

Level.2
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
hmm, maybe SS "holiday suprise" is Jerry's next PF? Only 5 days away.

batman1180
12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I still say it's Ken. Said that when this thread first started, and I am sticking to it now. Anyone want to bet?

SARFARAZ
12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think it's Ken, although Jerry will defo do ken in 2009, but the next one..... I'd put my money on Bison or Guile.

OuttaSight
12-20-2008, 07:18 PM
hmm, maybe SS "holiday suprise" is Jerry's next PF? Only 5 days away.

Nope... we're not showing the next one until the first couple weeks of Jan.

The sculpt is 90% done and we're molding and casting most of the pieces now.

Red X
12-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Nope... we're not showing the next one until the first couple weeks of Jan.

The sculpt is 90% done and we're molding and casting most of the pieces now.

Oh man your killing me here!!!

krec99
12-20-2008, 09:19 PM
I still say it's Ken. Said that when this thread first started, and I am sticking to it now. Anyone want to bet?

im hoping for a ken

terminus
12-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Bison!

snawly
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I really love Rose's character and design. It would be sweet if we got a statue of her down the road.

I agree! Rose is high on my list too and I don't think I have a single Rose item in my SF collection.

Sgt Taz
12-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Sagat is on top of my list but since he's already eliminated as next to go up I'm hoping for Zangief or Bison...

terminus
12-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Sagat is on top of my list but since he's already eliminated as next to go up I'm hoping for Zangief or Bison...

Why's Sagat eliminated?

Sgt Taz
12-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Why's Sagat eliminated?

Sooner or later he'll be made (the sooner the better!!) but he's just not up next:

terminus
12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
will the VS diorama be in PF or normal?

Sgt Taz
12-21-2008, 05:40 PM
will the VS diorama be in PF or normal?Normal, meaning not in 1/4 (imagine that) and no real clothing etc used.

OuttaSight
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Could you imagines A) how huge a 1/4 scale dior would be and B) how expensive ?

Wow...would be cool though...

XMAN
12-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Would be amazing.......has to be the definitive project.

XMAN
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
You may be able to pull off a 1/4 scale dio if you make the characters seperate with connecting bases.

CaptCracker
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
When can we expect to see these VS dio's:) The Ryu and Sagat fireball sketch was the coolest thing ive seen in a while:buttrock:

OuttaSight
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM
When can we expect to see these VS dio's:) The Ryu and Sagat fireball sketch was the coolest thing ive seen in a while:buttrock:

Base is just about finished...molding it soon and then getting on to the figures.

Probably 6-7 weeks away from finished.

Sgt Taz
12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Base is just about finished...molding it soon and then getting on to the figures.

Probably 6-7 weeks away from finished.I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere but is the vs dio delaying/pushing back a 1:4 character?

OuttaSight
12-22-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere but is the vs dio delaying/pushing back a 1:4 character?

Nope.

Right now I plan on having the next 1/4 scale shipping in April. The VS Diorama in June. Another 1/4 scale in Aug.

bebohawk
12-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Jerry you are the fricking man Bro!!! i just Got Ryu
Evil Ryu and Regular Vega and they are AWESOME !!!!!
You Rock :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Mr.Fantastic
12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I hope its M.Bison or Sagat.

terminus
12-22-2008, 01:11 AM
me too me too!

Andrew
12-29-2008, 10:03 PM
For goodness sakes, please put us out of our misery Jerry! Who is the next street fighter???!!!

OuttaSight
12-29-2008, 11:35 PM
For goodness sakes, please put us out of our misery Jerry! Who is the next street fighter???!!!

We just resculpted the hands today..I didnt like how they ended up looking first time around.

Tomorrow we will mold them meaning Sideshow will have pics by Monday... as for when it goes up for sale...I would say a couple of weeks after that

Its my fav so far. The pose is perfect. Really happy with it.

MrYac
12-29-2008, 11:37 PM
We just resculpted the hands today..I didnt like how they ended up looking first time around.

Tomorrow we will mold them meaning Sideshow will have pics by Monday... as for when it goes up for sale...I would say a couple of weeks after that

another hint....it has hands

Andrew
12-30-2008, 12:10 AM
God Bless! Not even a name:confused:
:(

XMAN
12-30-2008, 12:12 AM
We need more than hands for a hint.....unless if you can somehow describe these hands

MrYac
12-30-2008, 12:19 AM
We need more than hands for a hint.....unless if you can somehow describe these hands

well they're hands which means 2 which sadly means no Oro, and being hands and not gloves takes Balrog out too, so you see it's the perfect hint

Vince-Vell
12-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Hands?

Ok my guess is either Guile or Ken!!!!!

OuttaSight
12-30-2008, 12:31 AM
well they're hands which means 2 which sadly means no Oro, and being hands and not gloves takes Balrog out too, so you see it's the perfect hint

lol..you knew Oro wouldnt be next. Im going to get him out as a 6" statue pretty quick though.

Aertyl
12-30-2008, 12:31 AM
For some reason when I saw the word "hands" I thought of T.Hawk. :confused:

heykool69
12-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Is it Street Fighter line or Darkstalker?

OuttaSight
12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Is it Street Fighter line or Darkstalker?

Street Fighter

We start the next Darkstalkers sculpt next week.

Vince-Vell
12-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Jerry ever think of doing rival schools down the line after DS and SF? Some good capcom character designs from there, at least for smaller statues and such.

I know one thing i would love in a PF size is Devil May Cry from you!

terminus
12-30-2008, 01:38 AM

sweet, in less than a week!

are the pics of the painted final model?

and how about some more clues as the week progresses?

OuttaSight
12-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Jerry ever think of doing rival schools down the line after DS and SF? Some good capcom character designs from there, at least for smaller statues and such.

I know one thing i would love in a PF size is Devil May Cry from you!

I thought about DMC....truthfully Im intimidated by the costume if it were to be a PF. Would be really tough to get right and would probably make the statue cost a lot.

Rival Schools. Id be worried about selling enough to make it worth while.

sweet, in less than a week!

are the pics of the painted final model?

and how about some more clues as the week progresses?

yes final painted model.

Sinister Mister
12-30-2008, 02:28 AM
It's the Gief! Booyah!!

Red X
12-30-2008, 03:18 AM
I thought about DMC....truthfully Im intimidated by the costume if it were to be a PF. Would be really tough to get right and would probably make the statue cost a lot.

yes final painted model.

Agreed while, Rival Schools was cool it never really caught on, though I love the original PSX game. I would kill for Tekken PFs.

Aertyl
12-30-2008, 04:38 AM
Tardy Counter!

RINGU GIRL
12-30-2008, 05:07 AM
hands.....hands, sounds like sumo HOnda to me...

at least tell us the colors

gladdepooier
12-30-2008, 06:26 AM
m.bison! you MUST be mine!!!

Sinister Mister
12-30-2008, 07:05 AM
Tell us what country he's from. That would totally not give it away, honest!:D

Sgt Taz
12-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Hmm, if the hands needed resculpting maybe there's something special about them...like maybe they can/are stretched in an unnatural way...kinda Dhalsim like...? It's a theory :)

Though I would love to see a massive character next like Zangief (or Sagat but it's not him so...). Cant wait!

Vince-Vell
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM

Ya i see your point, but a DMC sculpted by you without it being PF could be a kick ass line. Dante, Nero, Gloria, Trish etc.... would rock!!!

I think you could get away 4 characters from Rvial Schools that would sell to the masses. Or hold off in case Capcom starts to pump out more games since it looks like SF is gonna be a major hit.

Tin
12-30-2008, 01:22 PM

Well.... even if it was Oro why would it rule out Oro? Lots of people seem to think Oro only has one arm... do you know that he has two, but binds one to his body so that he doesnt do too much damage?

Oh and I think Rival Schools wouldn't be too good an idea, lots of things before that. Anyway, if the characters were good they would make the Street Fighter roster... oh wait the good ones did :D

El Pulento
12-30-2008, 01:33 PM
All this talk about Oro, didn't I read somewhere in this thread that Jerry would stick to the "Original twelve" or something like that?. Didn't Oro show his ugly face in Third Strike?..

Tin
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
All this talk about Oro, didn't I read somewhere in this thread that Jerry would stick to the "Original twelve" or something like that?. Didn't Oro show his ugly face in Third Strike?..

Yep, but Jerry started work on an Oro for himself a while back so he said, and also said it could possibly get a limited release down the line :P

SolidLiquidFox
12-30-2008, 02:44 PM
The pace at which this line is released just kills the excitement for me

batman1180
12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
The pace at which this line is released just kills the excitement for me

While I appreciate the break on the wallet, I agree with this. I am actually looking more forward to the vs. dios at this point.

Andrew
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it's exciting as hell, but the wait can be overwhelming sometimes. I'm thankful for the break in between statues because of the price though.
I'm just thankful I've got each character so far. I came into the game late and had to pay ebay prices on two of them. And the price for the Akuma was...:puke2:

kirthew
12-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey... any news on the claw and head for Green Vega Jerry?

OuttaSight
12-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Hey... any news on the claw and head for Green Vega Jerry?

Within 2 weeks I think.

kirthew
12-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Within 2 weeks I think.

Awesome! :)

Level.2
01-02-2009, 03:53 PM
hands.....hands, sounds like sumo HOnda to me...

at least tell us the colors

ugh, I hope not, but very nice catch, since he is all hands. If Jerry had said legs, then we'd know it would have been Chun-Li.

Within 2 weeks I think.

Yeah, his 6 buyers are waiting ;P

When are we gonna get that sneak peek? I need to know.... Next NL (8th)?

terminus
01-05-2009, 01:21 AM

any time now...

SARFARAZ
01-06-2009, 05:25 PM
Arghhh come on already!!!! We have waited long enough! Who's the next statue!!!??? :bawling:

Devo
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Got my Vega today with the exclusive snapped off ponytail. Should have come with a tube of glue.

Just hope Dhalsim's skull necklace gets packed separately and his arms don't snap off.

SARFARAZ
01-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Wait, Dhalsim? What? He's the next one???

OuttaSight
01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Arghhh come on already!!!! We have waited long enough! Who's the next statue!!!??? :bawling:

Sideshow is getting it on Thursday. Was supposed to be this past Monday but we ran into a scheduling issue.

Hopefully that gives them enough time to put the teaser in next thursdays email.

Andrew
01-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Sideshow is getting it on Thursday. Was supposed to be this past Monday but we ran into a scheduling issue.

Hopefully that gives them enough time to put the teaser in next thursdays email.

I don't understand. Do you have some kind of agreement in your contract with SideShow that says you cannot make an announcement before they do? I think most of us just want to know who the next character is. I don't understand why you keep beating around the bush about it especially since you had said a few weeks ago that you would give us a "sneak peek" after christmas.

I kind of feel out of line saying this since this is your business and you are able to run it the way you see fit, but if nothing else you should at least stick to you're word, if you are able to, when you say you are going to do something like giving your fan base here an idea of what to expect before we have to wait for SideShow to announce it.

Hell, if I remember right SideShow just threw Cammy on the website without any advanced warning or Priority Pre-Ordering. Personally I find it frustrating as hell. :mad:

I realize you can't control delays, or factory f-ups, or how SideShow decides to put the products on the website, but I just don't see the harm in telling us who the next character is especially this late in the game.

Andrew
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Im hoping to not be surfing the web on Christmas day so you will have to wait until after to see some sneak
peeks.

Like I said, you got most of us chomping at the bit here...:bawling:

SARFARAZ
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM

Next thursday? So we wont know until next thursday? Come on Jerry dude, ever since the new year hit, everyday I've been looking foward to finding out who it is. Please don't make us wait till next thursday......:(

OuttaSight
01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't understand. Do you have some kind of agreement in your contract with SideShow that says you cannot make an announcement before they do? I think most of us just want to know who the next character is. I don't understand why you keep beating around the bush about it especially since you had said a few weeks ago that you would give us a "sneak peek" after christmas.

I kind of feel out of line saying this since this is your business and you are able to run it the way you see fit, but if nothing else you should at least stick to you're word, if you are able to, when you say you are going to do something like giving your fan base here an idea of what to expect before we have to wait for SideShow to announce it.

Hell, if I remember right SideShow just threw Cammy on the website without any advanced warning or Priority Pre-Ordering. Personally I find it frustrating as hell. :mad:

I realize you can't control delays, or factory f-ups, or how SideShow decides to put the products on the website, but I just don't see the harm in telling us who the next character is especially this late in the game.

Well its very anti climatic if I just say who it is...there needs to be some pics at the same time.

We are doing the final touches on the paint today so I havent been able to take any pics yet.

So its not that Im intentionally stringing it out...I just dont have the pics yet.

I also guess we all have a different idea of what 'after Christmas' means. For me the 8th isnt that far after Christmas for it to be a big deal...but I guess if you are checking the forum every day it could be a drag.

terminus
01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Well its very anti climatic if I just say who it is...there needs to be some pics at the same time.

We are doing the final touches on the paint today so I havent been able to take any pics yet.

So its not that Im intentionally stringing it out...I just dont have the pics yet.

I also guess we all have a different idea of what 'after Christmas' means. For me the 8th isnt that far after Christmas for it to be a big deal...but I guess if you are checking the forum every day it could be a drag.

That perfectly describes me...

Andrew
01-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Ummm, several times a day.

:o

batman
01-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Man, next Thursday can't come fast enough...thanks for the update Jerry.

OuttaSight
01-07-2009, 12:30 AM
You guys can stop checking until Friday...thats when i will post some teaser pics.

The paint is now finished but Im swamped and wont have time to take pics until Thursday after I show it to Sideshow.

Also I really want to thank you all for sticking with the line. Im really enjoying it.

bruhaha69
01-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Friday....sweet.

I just wish I started paying attention to this line BEFORE Akuma went up for sale and sold out. So expensive now.

Averone
01-07-2009, 12:45 AM
You guys can stop checking until Friday...thats when i will post some teaser pics.

The paint is now finished but Im swamped and wont have time to take pics until Thursday after I show it to Sideshow.

Also I really want to thank you all for sticking with the line. Im really enjoying it.

Sweet! :thumbs2:

I am sure that all of us here on the SF appreciate you keeping us informed. Like I said I plan to buy the entire line so Fri cant come soon enough!

Thanks!

OuttaSight
01-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Friday....sweet.

I just wish I started paying attention to this line BEFORE Akuma went up for sale and sold out. So expensive now.

Whats Akuma going for these days ? Prices havent come back down to reality yet ?

bruhaha69
01-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Actually haven't seen one sell in awhile.

The last completed listing didn't sell with a "buy it now" of $695. That was an EX. I did see a normal version sell for over a grand a few months back, I think.

MrYac
01-07-2009, 12:57 AM
only see 2 completed listings both for shins and both apparently went for $695.95

Averone
01-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I think you are going to be paying anywhere from $600-1000 for a good one!
That is if you can find one!

OuttaSight
01-07-2009, 12:59 AM
I think you are going to be paying anywhere from $600-1000 for a good one!
That is if you can find one!

Thats better than when peeps were telling me they were going for $1500 ! That was ridiculous...I almost wanted to put my personal collection for sale for that kind of cash.

bruhaha69
01-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah, and it looks like those had rub marks from the beads.

Yeah, Averone.....I'd imagine it'll be one of those pricey ones when I finally do get it. It does look like a great statue, though.

Vince-Vell
01-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Akuma prob went down cause of the holidays, but once things pick up again he may jump back up in price. Plus SF4 hits next month and many might jump in price since SF4 just got like 4 awards for game of the year.

terminus
01-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Akuma prob went down cause of the holidays, but once things pick up again he may jump back up in price. Plus SF4 hits next month and many might jump in price since SF4 just got like 4 awards for game of the year.

really where? most of the big game sites I've seen rated MGS4, Little Big Planet, and GTA IV for GOTY 2008.

MrYac
01-07-2009, 01:28 AM
and if a nobody like Akuma can go for that much think of how much a badass like Oro will be worth:thumbs2:

Vince-Vell
01-07-2009, 01:32 AM
really where? most of the big game sites I've seen rated MGS4, Little Big Planet, and GTA IV for GOTY 2008.

Arcade game of the year (sorry forgot to mention that). Plus not many games hit the arcades anymore, since they are all gone by me.

- Game of the year
- Best graphics
- Best Production
- Best Character of the year: Ryu

Sinister Mister
01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I didn't want to spoil it for everyone but, Oh what the hell. Say hello to Jerry's next PF Street Fighter:
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/zangief-oic.gif