PDA

View Full Version : Worst Movie Ever.

Tony Coca
03-27-2005, 03:05 AM
Whats in your opinion the worst movie you have ever seen.

IMO

Lifeforce.

nbr3bagshotrow
03-27-2005, 04:12 AM
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

MiamiLoco
03-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Plump Fiction

Ghost
03-27-2005, 05:13 AM
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Eh, but that's a celebrated movie for being so bad!!! Is that really your choice as the worst? :D But yeah, funny how things come around, something so bad can turned to being good for being bad. Guess there's an upside to everything. I've seen so many bad ones I really can't think which was the worst one.

JetBlackMac
03-27-2005, 05:58 AM
withouttadoubt its FREEJACK. :thumbsdow

dynabol69
03-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Mind you I can sit thru any crap movie ever made, or so I thought. Both the original python and the sequal anacondas were so unbearable that I could not finish them, and I tried. On another note It hurt to watch aliens v.s predator not because it was a bad movie(it was ok) but because of all the missed opportunity to be one of the coolest sci fi movies ever made. oh well.

Thing
03-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Howard the Duck...

The Watcher
03-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Farenheit 911.

Leon
03-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Blade

Scoobydude
03-27-2005, 12:09 PM
...worst ever movie????

I can't really remember.

I think that just like a battered housewife ya just kind of forget it.

I'm sure there is one.

I can say that the ONLY movie that I EVER walked out of was "Pet Cemetery".
When the semi was coming down the road and ya knew the kid was going to get hit by it. In NO WAY was I going to watch the kid come back from the dead.............

In the past few years some MAJOR stinker would have to be.........

"Cabin Fever" What the F@$& ?????????
"House of the Dead"--Rave of the century??? with 20 extras??? And flashes of the video game thrown in during the movie???
"The Grudge"
The one with Anna Paquin in the new house about missing children. And her Grandfather ties her to the chair and is gonna kill her ?????????Her last movie.
"The Hulk". Very disapointing. To many resons to list.
"Daredevil" Ditto.

wolverinejedi007
03-27-2005, 12:45 PM
I hated Shawn of the Dead...

marvelboi77
03-27-2005, 01:23 PM
12 Monkeys

MONSTER
03-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I hated Shawn of the Dead...

I loved that movie!

The worst movie ever is Battlefield Earth.

madjazz
03-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Chris Elliott in Cabin Boy - hands down an awful flick.

This one is not so bad it's good - it is reel to reel the most painful comedy ever filmed. Your average Saturday Night Live produced extended skit film look brilliant in comparison. I would put this POS against anything listed here so far, and you'd all vote for it in a landslide. Trust me.

Zurbaran1
03-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Eh, but that's a celebrated movie for being so bad!!! Is that really your choice as the worst? :D But yeah, funny how things come around, something so bad can turned to being good for being bad. Guess there's an upside to everything. I've seen so many bad ones I really can't think which was the worst one.

Yeah Ghost. Lame answer. He was too lazy to actually think of a movie he saw so he gave a stock aswer. Dang Hobbits. :stick:

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Zurby since youre the movie god which is your worst?

valemeister
03-27-2005, 02:10 PM
That's actually a really difficult question... "Anger Management" springs to mind. I lasted about 25 minutes into that movie before I wanted to headbutt the wall. I hate movies that wind me up. "The Actors" was like that too...I think I lasted 30 minutes into that one. Quite possibly Michael Caine's worst movie...and that includes "Swarm".

Zurbaran1
03-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Zurby since youre the movie god which is your worst?

Movie God? According to who, you? I don't know what the worst movie I've ever seen was. I'd have to think about it a bit.

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Movie God? According to who, you? I don't know what the worst movie I've ever seen was. I'd have to think about it a bit.
Maybe God is a bit strong... Shall I use Guru instead? :eplus2:

JM28Cardiff
03-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Armaggedon is worst. Pearl Harbour second worst. Both directed by Michael Bay....coincidence?

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Armaggedon is worst. Pearl Harbour second worst. Both directed by Michael Bay....coincidence?
You only think that because both movies were based on Americans! :laugh:

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 02:49 PM
The worst movie I ever had to sit through was Simone

JM28Cardiff
03-27-2005, 02:52 PM
his style is just so overblown! its all filters, slow-mo, gung ho ****e! There isnt a single "real" moment in Armaggedon! Pearl Harbour suffers from Titanic syndrome, grafting a cheesy romance onto a real life tragedy! Just you wait for the Tsunami movies to come next!

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 02:53 PM
his style is just so overblown! its all filters, slow-mo, gung ho ****e! There isnt a single "real" moment in Armaggedon! Pearl Harbour suffers from Titanic syndrome, grafting a cheesy romance onto a real life tragedy! Just you wait for the Tsunami movies to come next!
Wasnt there a Tsunami Movie already? The one where the Metor acually hit the ocean??? I forgot the name of it...

JM28Cardiff
03-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Was that Deep Impact? Im sure there will be one set in Asia. Lets have the latest hunk of the month as a Red Cross worker, searching for his lost love who has been caught up in the tsunami (he'll find her of course!). Maybe I will write the script, right after i finish one about a fireman rushing into the Twin Towers to rescue his fiance

wktf
03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Pitch Black, followed by JFK.

JM28Cardiff
03-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Ive never actually walked out of a cinema because a film was rubbish.

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Was that Deep Impact? Im sure there will be one set in Asia. Lets have the latest hunk of the month as a Red Cross worker, searching for his lost love who has been caught up in the tsunami (he'll find her of course!). Maybe I will write the script, right after i finish one about a fireman rushing into the Twin Towers to rescue his fiance
I think it is Deep Impact...

Zurbaran1
03-27-2005, 03:38 PM

Wow. I really enjoyed Pitch Black.

Ghost
03-27-2005, 03:39 PM

I pretty much loathe anything by Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer. Same with Devlin and whoever else helped him with Independence day.

I have to say I saw the first 10 mins of Orgazmo and I couldn't even force myself to sit and watch it all.

Collection King 13
03-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Pitch Black was entertaining. :buttrock:

Ghost
03-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Pitch Black was very entertaining for what it was worth. Now the sequel....

Sam Wilson
03-27-2005, 04:13 PM
The Company, with Neve Campell and Malcolm McDowell. My wife made me watch it. I wanted to cut my eyes out 20 minutes in to it. I would rather have gone on a cross country road trip with my mom, my wife's mom, and my fourth grade teacher in a Geo Metro than see that movie ever again.

Mad4Busts
03-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Hmmmm.....worst I have seen would be....either Farenheit 911 or Tomb Raider 2

wktf
03-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Oh, well...to each his own, as they say. I'm a big alien and monster movie fan. This one was awful, IMHO.

MiamiLoco
03-27-2005, 05:07 PM
The one with Anna Paquin in the new house about missing children. And her Grandfather ties her to the chair and is gonna kill her ?????????Her last movie.
Are you talking about "Darkness"?? If so, did you see the original uncut film or the butchered thing they put in the US cinemas?

"Daredevil" Ditto.
Have you seen the Director's Cut?? Major improvement!!

Bullseye
03-27-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm sure i haven't seen it yet.

JM28Cardiff
03-27-2005, 06:18 PM
The best thing about pitch black is Radha Mitchell. I watched Finding Neverland just cos she was in it, and Man on Fire. All i can say is...Boing!

Scoobydude
03-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Miamiloco---THKX,that's the name. UUuuughg!!!!!!!!!!

I did see DD exstanded. I thought it's a bit better. But what's the saying" Ya
can't polish a terd"! ???

Maybe I just felt jipped by the first. Why can't the first version be good????

And then they come out with dif versions after "they" got are money the first time.

That's why I wait about a year to buy any DVD. 'Cause they'll come out with
"the other" version.

I want to get Kill Bill 1 & 2, but vaguely remmber hearing/reading there was going to be a directors cut........so I'll wait.

madjazz
03-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I liked Pitch Black and Armageddon. People can have different opinions, but I think we can all agree there are crappier movies out there than this. What about Jerry MacGuire? - A chick flick disguised as a sports movie. That pissed me off!

SirConor
03-28-2005, 12:10 AM

Oh man no way Pitch Black RULES. I loved that movie, but Chronicles of Rid**** on the other hand merits serious consideration on this list of "Worst Ever"

I think I'd put Scary Movie 3 up there or Double Team with Dennis Rodman and Jean Claude Van Damme.

Confessor
03-28-2005, 12:32 AM
Never saw it (abhor the actor and actress (J. Lopez...blech!) who are in the two lead roles), but did anyone see...is it..."Gigli" or something close to this...it got horrible reviews from every single soul who spoke up about it. Many theatrical walk-outs, apparently.

Tattoo-X
03-28-2005, 12:45 AM
I rented some sort of Japanese Vampire movie a couple of years ago, and had to shut it off, it was so bad.
There's a few Howling movies that really suxed. I even complained to our video store about letting us walk out with that last one.

MiamiLoco
03-28-2005, 02:40 AM
Maybe I just felt jipped by the first. Why can't the first version be good????

And then they come out with dif versions after "they" got are money the first time.
Well sometimes the "suits" don't let the director put out the movie that he wants. So that's why the new cut is actually called the "director's cut" cause that was the cut that the director wanted and for some reason, they didn't let him put that version up on the screens.

Tony Coca
03-28-2005, 02:44 AM
Well sometimes the "suits" don't let the director put out the movie that he wants. So that's why the new cut is actually called the "director's cut" cause that was the cut that the director wanted and for some reason, they didn't let him put that version up on the screens.
Anything with Kevin Costner is bad.

cblakey1
03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
The Passion - Total and complete dog****. Mel Gibson needs to stick with Mad Max movies (those w/o Tina Turner).

Confessor
03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
The Passion - Total and complete dog****. Mel Gibson needs to stick with Mad Max movies (those w/o Tina Turner).

Ooh, we can all have our opinions, to be sure. But I couldn't disagree more. Do you care to be more specific than you were? It's okay if you don't, but your comment was rather akin to saying "X statue sucks" without elaborating. Not that you can't do that, but it might be worthwhile to elaborate...

Babytoxie
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I can't name just one bad movie, but I'll tell you what was a huge let-down: Mystic River. So forced, so contrived, such a horrible overall message, such Oscar material. But one of my favorites is Unforgiven, so there ya go, Clint... :inquisiti

ignignokt
03-28-2005, 09:31 PM
"John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars" and "Two Girls and a Guy". 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Zurbaran1
03-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Ishtar

Bartman256
03-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Anything with Kevin Costner is bad.

Wow, you REALLY have to get head checked out! 1st the other thread, now this!

Dances with Wolves was a great movie.

What about Field of Dreams?

I even liked Wyatt Earp....

Jesse321
03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Superhero based flicks:

Catwoman
Fantastic Four (Korman Version)
Superman 3 & 4
Batman 3 & 4

Recent Movies:

Passion - I can't believe I actually sat through that crap ... only for my mother.

The Grudge - Just saw it on DVD ... will never understand what all the hype was about

Mulholland Drive (SIELENCIO, NO HAY BANDA.... PLEASE :rolleyes: )

The Majestic - someone needs to have a LONG sit down with Jim Carrey and tell him to stay away from dramas.

Y Tu Mama Tambien - This was supposed to be the one of the best Spanish Language films ever made .... someone was smoking something!

cblakey1
03-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Ooh, we can all have our opinions, to be sure. But I couldn't disagree more. Do you care to be more specific than you were? It's okay if you don't, but your comment was rather akin to saying "X statue sucks" without elaborating. Not that you can't do that, but it might be worthwhile to elaborate...
I just found it to be a half-assed biblical Snuff flick where the jerkwad Gibson was capitalizing on the death of Jesus to further advance his fundie point of view and anti-semitism. We all know the story of the life and death of Jesus , et al.. why do we need Gibson to retell the story in lame-ass subtitles, buckets of stage blood, and Gibson's P.O.V.? The scripture is what it is. Mel can keep his interpretation to himself.

Complete dog**** IMO. Glad I didn't pay full ticket price.

Thanks for allowing me my opinion. :buttrock:

If it's any consolation, I hated "The Last Temptation" also. :rolleyes:

Zurbaran1
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Now tell us how you really felt about the flick :sly2:

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 12:20 AM
I just found it to be a half-assed biblical Snuff flick where the jerkwad Gibson was capitalizing on the death of Jesus to further advance his fundie point of view and anti-semitism. We all know the story of the life and death of Jesus , et al.. why do we need Gibson to retell the story in lame-ass subtitles, buckets of stage blood, and Gibson's P.O.V.? The scripture is what it is. Mel can keep his interpretation to himself.

Complete dog**** IMO. Glad I didn't pay full ticket price. I couldn't have put it better myself!

Unfortunately for me, I was the only one that would take my mother to see it (I can't deny her anything, I'm a good latin son, sue me) and I did have to pay full price for that bucket of crap!

cblakey1
03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Wow, you REALLY have to get head checked out! 1st the other thread, now this!

Dances with Wolves was a great movie.

What about Field of Dreams?

I even liked Wyatt Earp....
.. Fandango was pretty good and he was cool in Silverado. Oh, and Bull Durham was just OK.

But Waterworld and the Postman? B-A-D! Sometimes I think he's just in flicks to look at himself. :laugh: I probably couldn't even tell you what his last three movies were.

Dizneeguy
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Episodes 1 AND 2...like they're saying...please, God, let it end this Summer!!

cblakey1
03-29-2005, 12:34 AM
I couldn't have put it better myself!

Unfortunately for me, I was the only one that would take my mother to see it (I can't deny her anything, I'm a good latin son, sue me) and I did have to pay full price for that bucket of crap!

LOL :laugh: it was a bucket of something, to be sure! When I had enough though, I went out for a smoke and never went back in.

Don't get me wrong, I was raised on these "biblical" movies, and like you, caught 'em all with my Mom... and liked 'em! But I guess I had high expectations going in. After seeing the Patriot and Braveheart though, I guess I should've expected Mel to interject the gratuitous violence and schlock prevalent in his flicks to make up for bad directing and tired scripts.

Confessor
03-29-2005, 01:04 AM

If this film is a "snuff flick" then the four Gospels are snuff books, b/c the story is straight from there. I don't think he was capitalizing at all b/c he really put a huge risk out there with 25 Mil of his own dough with a high risk of failure, if one believes the experts who predict such things.

Fact is, though you and I may know the of the life and death of Jesus, many, many do not. The subtitles, to me, added to the realism of the film, as what they spoke was this now dead (essentially) form of Arabic. Like the film or not, Gibson's work is straight from the Bible...its in black and white...no arguing that point, so his "interpretation" is actually more straightforward storytelling than anything else. You didn't like it...that's fine...but it doesnt change that point. ;)

What I really liked about it is that it showed what Jesus really went through. It's so cliche to hear, "Jesus died for your sins" that I find myself desensitized to what that really meant. It was horrific to view in many ways, yet humbling (to say the least) the sacrifice that was made.

I do remember all the "anti-semitism" claims (rubbish, IMO) and concerns about a rise in anit-semitic behaviour after the film's release...which never occurred. Ironically, the "blame" for Jesus' cruxifiction is not put to the Jews in this film...but to US. One small way that Gibson made this point is via the little known fact that he made a cameo in the film...it was in reality HIS hand that nailed Jesus' hands to the cross...symbolic of his, and all of our culpability here.

I'm not trying to change your view or anything, just clarifying a couple of points. ;)

Confessor
03-29-2005, 01:11 AM
...After seeing the Patriot and Braveheart though, I guess I should've expected Mel to interject the gratuitous violence and schlock prevalent in his flicks to make up for bad directing and tired scripts.

Oh, I couldnt disagree an ounce more. These are two of my faves...top 5 to be sure. There wasnt a bit of gratuitous violence (and I hate gratuitous violence). For as you know, "gratuitous" means "unwarranted" or "not called for in a given circumstance." And having seen both these films several times, each violent scene (and yes, they're there) had a specific point...to show the horror of real war (like was well done with Private Benjamin and LOTR), rathe than to "patriotically gloss over" its horror, to visually express the sacrifice of battle/war/Christ, etc.

The scripts for Patiot and Braveheart were marvelous...which parts did you not like specifically? Being in SC, where the setting of "The Patriot" was...and where the most important battles and influence of the outcome of the Revolutionary War (our country's first, nay really, only, "Civil War"), I am partial to this line of history, and a huge history buff, so I therefore reveal my bias. But nonetheless, this story was very well done. Knowing the history well sure makes "The Patriot" more enjoyable, admittedly.

Daredevil
03-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Mulholland Drive

You must not have paid attention during the rest of the movie!!! holy ******* action!

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 01:17 AM
You must not have paid attention during the rest of the movie!!! holy ******* action!I could hardly pay attention thru any of it, it was garbage .. I think I would would rather sit thru Ishtar again before that load of tripe. :laugh:

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 01:20 AM
LOL :laugh: it was a bucket of something, to be sure! When I had enough though, I went out for a smoke and never went back in.Lucky you, I had to sit through that ****, after I got home I told my brother and sister that they owed me a new car for Christmas for pushing me to be one that took Mom and having to sit through it :puke2:

Just to point out something that I didn't before, my mother liked it about as much as I did.

Jerseydevil
03-29-2005, 02:42 AM
"Bad Santa" is up there. What a crapfest. A movie with absolutely no redeeming characters whatsoever. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in a theater.

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 02:51 AM
Elf ... that's another one I just didn' understand ... and don't evenget me started on AncherMOAN !! :puke2:

d rod
03-29-2005, 03:03 AM
i agree w/confessor about braveheart and patriot. haven't seen the passion yet but one thing i don't like is that i bet the end is predictable...

many of these movies don't really seem that bad to me. they are at least viewable. vin diesel sucks as an actor but at least the action keeps me entertained.
double team did suck big time. my god, i didn't think he could actually have a movie with a worst script but i was proven wrong. this coming from a person that watches van damme movies. i actually enjoyed timecop.

crappy movie: yentl

MiamiLoco
03-29-2005, 03:24 AM
many of these movies don't really seem that bad to me.
Danny, have you seen "Plump Fiction"?? I remember during high school, I pushed my friend into renting this movie from Blockbuster. I put it on and I swear, after 5 minutes, I got up, pressed stop, took out the dvd, put it back in it's case and gave my friend 5 bucks.

leks
03-29-2005, 03:51 AM
This worst movie thing isnot going to work for me. I don't get a chance to watch any movie that actually sucks since I will stop watching them, much more interesting would be biggest letdown.

Independence day, Top gun, Dog soldiers.

madjazz
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
The Passion of the Christ was a deeply personal experience and you had to open yourself up to it. Saying Jesus died for our sins and seeing it are two different things.

I think you also get some historical perspective as to why his followers were willing to die for him in the days and years afterwards. Jesus went through all that for me. It made me feel a deeper connection to my faith.

I did not see all of the Jewish people out there killing Jesus - just a mob whipped into a frenzy by a group of elite who thought they had all the answers. The story is not about the Jews, and anyone who calls this anti-semitic is trying to get attention.

We all fear the unknown to some degree and have built a society that shuns those who are different. This could still happen today, and anyone of us could be in that crowd calling for his death.

I do not know what they could have done different and still told the same story. Contrary to the overdone stories on the movie, much of the flail whipping happened off screen and was only noted by sound.

You are entitled to an opinion to not like the movie, but for the impact it has had on so many, it is offensive to flippantly throw it on a Worst Movie of all time list.

bat_collector
03-29-2005, 01:14 PM
The movie I hate the worst and would gladly delete from everyone's collective memory in heartbeat is

Forrest Gump

Combine the actor I hate the worst with an extremely contrived and ridiculous plot, bad accents, Sally Field, cold war politics, a decent soudntrack, throw in an AIDS story and a kid, and then make the lead character a retard and everyone loves it.

PEOPLE, THIS MOVIE STINKS!!!! :banghead:

The almost universal love for this movie is beyond me.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

yorick
03-29-2005, 02:07 PM
Worst ever?? easy, did anyone here see the trainwreck they call CONGO? It was just after Jurassic Park and Michael Crichton was the flavor of the month, so they must have figured a story about a Gorilla with sign language abilities and a machine that turns it into speech leading a group of the most asinine "scientists" deep into the jungle would seem plausible. Well do we start with the worst gorilla costume of all time? or do we jump to the end as they fend off a pack of killer gorillas with lasers?

an utter mess. you can feel your IQ points clicking down as you watch.

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 02:35 PM
You are entitled to an opinion to not like the movie, but for the impact it has had on so many, it is offensive to flippantly throw it on a Worst Movie of all time list.Madjazz ... the point of this whole thread is worst movie in YOUR opinion, everyone is free to agree or disagree, if it impacted as many as it did (of which I have no doubt, mind you) let them put it on thier best film lists.

JR2
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
How about The Blair Witch Project!

What an overhyped piece of garbage!

3 morons lost in the woods in Frederick County, Maryland near a stream.

Follow the water flowing down stream, when you get to the big river (the Potomac) turn left. Keep walking and end up in DC.

Boy I HATED that film. I expected suspense not nauseating camera work!

:puke2: :banghead: :puke2: :banghead:

cblakey1
03-29-2005, 03:03 PM
You are entitled to an opinion to not like the movie, but for the impact it has had on so many, it is offensive to flippantly throw it on a Worst Movie of all time list.
Hey, Farenheit 911 had a profound impact on so many people and I see it was flippantly thrown in here as well.

I think it is offensive and disingenuous to arbitrarily pick a post in a public forum which is asking for an opinion and respond with the intent to create a flamewar.

I posted my opinion, Confessor asked me to qualify my opinion, and I did (although I didn't need to). We agree to disagree, we are gracious in our posts, and we left it at that.

Time to move on.

:buttrock:

MiamiLoco
03-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Worst ever?? easy, did anyone here see the trainwreck they call CONGO?
But it had Bruce Campbell, that guy ROCKS!!!

Bullseye
03-29-2005, 03:07 PM
I agree cb that its time to move on from this topic. IMO politics, religion and crap suggestions for Full Size statues for phase 3 should be banned:)

P.S. Passion is far from worst movie ever.

madjazz
03-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it is offensive and disingenuous to arbitrarily pick a post in a public forum which is asking for an opinion and respond with the intent to create a flamewar.
Sorry if you misinterpreted my intentions. Definately not looking to ignite a flame war. (If I wanted to do that, trust me, I could do a great job! :eplus2: ) You'll note I did not respond to a specific individual, rather I made my case why it did not belong being listed as the worst movie of all times.

I'm also not nominating The Passion of the Christ for the best movie of all times. I'm not showing this one to a young child!

To me, to say this is the worst movie of all times is to say movies like Gigli and Ishtar are better - I really can't see anyone trying to make that case. If you are really saying that, you are right, I have to respect your opinion. I just have a hard time intellectually digesting the fact that someone could really feel that was true - my issue not yours.

We are all friends here. (You too Jesse!) Thanks Bullseye for understanding the point I took too many words to make.

Jesse321
03-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Madjazz .. freinds can (and often do) disagree on alot of things and still remain freinds. ;)

Primal
03-29-2005, 05:43 PM
The Beaverly Hillbillies & Coming from Above. Bad Cinematography. Awful...

cblakey1
03-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Madjazz .. freinds can (and often do) disagree on alot of things and still remain freinds. ;)

Hey, here's something we all agree on - The Hulk is the Best Movie ever! :laugh:

Bartman256
03-29-2005, 10:27 PM
.. Fandango was pretty good and he was cool in Silverado. Oh, and Bull Durham was just OK.

But Waterworld and the Postman? B-A-D! Sometimes I think he's just in flicks to look at himself. :laugh: I probably couldn't even tell you what his last three movies were.

You can't tell me you didn't like Dances with Wolves!?!

By the way, here's another Costner stinker you forgot...Tin Cup

Nightcrawler777
03-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Recently it would be a very close tie between Alien Vs Predator and Catwoman..

Bartman256
03-29-2005, 10:33 PM
The Passion of the Christ was a deeply personal experience and you had to open yourself up to it. Saying Jesus died for our sins and seeing it are two different things.

I think you also get some historical perspective as to why his followers were willing to die for him in the days and years afterwards. Jesus went through all that for me. It made me feel a deeper connection to my faith.

I did not see all of the Jewish people out there killing Jesus - just a mob whipped into a frenzy by a group of elite who thought they had all the answers. The story is not about the Jews, and anyone who calls this anti-semitic is trying to get attention.

We all fear the unknown to some degree and have built a society that shuns those who are different. This could still happen today, and anyone of us could be in that crowd calling for his death.

I do not know what they could have done different and still told the same story. Contrary to the overdone stories on the movie, much of the flail whipping happened off screen and was only noted by sound.

Hey Mad, as always, your posts are well thought out & clearly presented. I saw this movie twice in the theatres. Once with my girl & once with my father (he really wanted to see this). I really don't want to get into my views on the movie other than to say it was REALLY heavy & at times, disturbing...

Jesus of Nazareth, 1977 by Franco Zeffirelli will always be my movie of choice on the life and death of Jesus Christ. Available on DVD.

Emperor'sGuard
03-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Worst movie hands down has to be CONGO, when me and my buddie saw the fake ape start to sign we got up and left the theater. So far this is the only movie that I have watched at the theater that I left before it finished.

boondocksaint
03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
amy bad gorilla! bad gorilla!

Tony Coca
03-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey Mad, as always, your posts are well thought out & clearly presented. I saw this movie twice in the theatres. Once with my girl & once with my father (he really wanted to see this). I really don't want to get into my views on the movie other than to say it was REALLY heavy & at times, disturbing...

Jesus of Nazareth, 1977 by Franco Zeffirelli will always be my movie of choice on the life and death of Jesus Christ. Available on DVD.
I loved the Passion of the Christ,I have never,and I mean Never,cried in a movie until then. I understood that Jesus died for us,but to see it the way it was portrayed in the movie was very very deep.

madjazz
03-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Bartman!

The General
03-30-2005, 10:32 AM
First off how can someone not like Braveheart??? :banghead:

Worst Movies in no particular order.
Hulk
Circle of Iron (winner of multiple worst movie ever polls)
Ladder 49

I'm at a loss this is it for now.

sellin71
03-30-2005, 11:30 AM
N. Dynamite

wktf
03-30-2005, 12:27 PM
What I really liked about it is that it showed what Jesus really went through. It's so cliche to hear, "Jesus died for your sins" that I find myself desensitized to what that really meant. It was horrific to view in many ways, yet humbling (to say the least) the sacrifice that was made.
Confessor, you and I have had some theological discussions in the past and I respect you knowledge. I haven't seen this film yet, but I plan to. I actually saved an article from Time or Newsweek that highlighted some pretty radical shifts in the film's storytelling from the New Testament and what the article's writer interpreted as anti-Semetic themes but, offhand, I don't recall what these were and, as I said, I haven't seen the film yet so I can't comment on it. If you're interested, I can dig it up (assuming I can find it) and PM you.

When I was in college I took a course called "Jesus and the Origins of Christianity." As an observant Jew I took several courses on Christianity just to learn more about it. The Gospels were required reading. One thing this course did cover was what it was like, physically, to die from crucifixion...the fact that your ribs collapse on your lungs and death is from suffocation rather than bloodloss, dehydration or anything else. It sounded just horrible. I understand the film goes into significant detail on his suffering and I imagine it's very difficult to watch.

Confessor
03-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Confessor, you and I have had some theological discussions in the past and I respect you knowledge. I haven't seen this film yet, but I plan to. I actually saved an article from Time or Newsweek that highlighted some pretty radical shifts in the film's storytelling from the New Testament and what the article's writer interpreted as anti-Semetic themes but, offhand, I don't recall what these were and, as I said, I haven't seen the film yet so I can't comment on it. If you're interested, I can dig it up (assuming I can find it) and PM you.

When I was in college I took a course called "Jesus and the Origins of Christianity." As an observant Jew I took several courses on Christianity just to learn more about it. The Gospels were required reading. One thing this course did cover was what it was like, physically, to die from crucifixion...the fact that your ribs collapse on your lungs and death is from suffocation rather than bloodloss, dehydration or anything else. It sounded just horrible. I understand the film goes into significant detail on his suffering and I imagine it's very difficult to watch.

Thanks WK-- I'd love to hear about that article that (purportedly) shows the differences you speak of. Thanks for the offer. :)

Bullseye
03-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Another film which is going to be interesting because of the current hostilites in the Middle East is the new Ridley Scott film Kingdom of Heaven.

Crom
03-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Ready to Rumble

I snuck in, was half drunk and still thought it was such a piece of crap I walked out 15 minutes into it. I even left my friends in the theater it was that bad. They quickly followed. No amount of alcohol can make that movie funny, it simply dulls the pain.

Mad4Busts
03-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I did see DD exstanded. I thought it's a bit better. But what's the saying" Ya
can't polish a terd"! ???

I want to get Kill Bill 1 & 2, but vaguely remmber hearing/reading there was going to be a directors cut........so I'll wait.

Hey DD is a good movie....especially the director's cut....the reason for a different versin is at the original release date, studios dictate the product that gets released...later they give the director the option to add cut scenes back in for the DVD release...

Kill Bill is being released as one uncut movie into the theatres late summer and shortly after that as one uncut DVD...that is when I am buying it too :)

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Kill Bill is being released as one uncut movie into the theatres late summer and shortly after that as one uncut DVD...that is when I am buying it too :)

Wow! That's gonna be one looooong movie!

Mad4Busts
03-30-2005, 11:35 PM

Fact is, though you and I may know the of the life and death of Jesus, many, many do not.

I'm not trying to change your view or anything, just clarifying a couple of points. ;)

I agree...not many people do recognize a "higher" power just look at disregard for human life in the papers....school shootings, newborns tossed out of vehicles, rampant unwed teen mothers.....I could not agree more that "Jesus died for your sins" is not making an impression anymore because noone does know what he went through in terms that the "desensitized" populace will take notice of....hence all the blood needed to wake some up...

Tony Coca
03-30-2005, 11:37 PM

Hopefully it will be like the japanesse version with all the blood no black and white.

Mad4Busts
03-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Wow! That's gonna be one looooong movie!

Yeah make sure to go to the potty beforehand.. :laugh:

oh and great hair!

Mad4Busts
03-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Hopefully it will be like the japanesse version with all the blood no black and white.

OH yeah...QT said it will be all out blood..no B&W :buttrock:

Tony Coca
03-30-2005, 11:39 PM
:laugh:

oh and great hair!
HA HA

wktf
03-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks WK-- I'd love to hear about that article that (purportedly) shows the differences you speak of. Thanks for the offer. :)
Confessor, I've PM'd you with the info.

Primal
03-31-2005, 10:04 AM

Yes J of N is my favorite telling on the life of Jesus also. But the Passion of the Christ isnt a movie about his life...just his final hours. And I thought it was a great movie as well.

Bartman256
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Yes J of N is my favorite telling on the life of Jesus also. But the Passion of the Christ isnt a movie about his life...just his final hours. And I thought it was a great movie as well.

True, but you do get glimpses of key points of his life through flashbacks in the movie.

bullethole
04-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Tie:
Fat Albert
Leonard part 6

Wayne Industries
04-01-2005, 03:28 AM
"John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars" and "Two Girls and a Guy". 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

now that was BAD..... :laugh:

Tommy Allison
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
MIne is a three way tie.

Van Helsing, The Exorcist : The Beginning, and The Forgotten.

I have a movie blog if anyone wants to read my reviews.

http://alwaysacritic.blogspot.com

Crom
04-01-2005, 10:53 AM
MIne is a three way tie.

Van Helsing was a steaming pile of crapola. The MPAA should have slapped an NC-17 on that film. We should protect our children from any movie that has more than one scene where a protagonist falls, miraculously grabs a rope that wasn't there before and swings to safety. Three times in the span of twenty minutes is an insult to the viewer. And when the third time is Frankenstein's monster, the writer should have his knuckles broken and sent to work on artificially stimulating bulls.

Primal
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Van Helsing was a steaming pile of crapola. The MPAA should have slapped an NC-17 on that film. We should protect our children from any movie that has more than one scene where a protagonist falls, miraculously grabs a rope that wasn't there before and swings to safety. Three times in the span of twenty minutes is an insult to the viewer. And when the third time is Frankenstein's monster, the writer should have his knuckles broken and sent to work on artificially stimulating bulls.
You know I wasnt too fond of the movie when i first saw it in the theater. But on DVD u realize it's just a big fun special effects rollercoaster. I quite enjoyed it afterwards.

wktf
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
MIne is a three way tie.

It just sucks when you take one of the most phenomenal movies of all time, The Exorcist, and follow it up with dreck like ALL the sequels to it. Jaws is another great example of an incredible movie (at least, by 1975's standards) and just blowing it so severely on the sequels. Superman, too, after the second one.

C. Bormann
04-02-2005, 04:58 PM
KILL BILL - It was the only movie that I turned off half way through.

stormshadow007
04-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Open Water...

Croatoa
04-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Anyone seen a movie called "Manos: The Hands of Fate"? Wow so bad it's hilarious
The acting is horrible.

Ghost
04-03-2005, 05:11 AM

Yeah I couldn't wait so I picked up the Japanese Box set version of Vol 1. and 2. I love 'em.

Tetragrammaton
09-04-2007, 01:44 AM
I had the opportunity tonight to see one of my all-time favorite worst movies ever.

I first saw this in high school and even then I knew it was laughably bad, despite the protests of one of my friends who seriously considered it and Red Dawn to the pinnacle of movie making. :)

Ninja III: The Domination

http://i10.tinypic.com/6gmhtp1.jpg

P1X4R
09-04-2007, 02:30 AM
Megaforce! i don't know why i loved it as a kid. i even bought the video game. well, actually my dad did. lol

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/p1x4r_2007/tmp/mega.jpg

teeball
09-04-2007, 03:05 AM
Billy The Kid vs. Dracula, even John Carradine admitted it on the Johnny Carson show 20 years ago. He said I did 500 movies and this was the worst. He was right.

scott
09-04-2007, 07:32 AM
Kill & kill again, so bad I liked it.

kal-el
09-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Eddie Murphy and Dudley Moore in "Best Defense"

statuecrazy
09-04-2007, 02:54 PM
The Cave left that one early in theatres LOL

riderV3
09-04-2007, 03:34 PM
Harry Potter and Ultraviolet, they're on the same level.

William Paquet
09-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Open Water...

I heard over and over how this was a cool flick back when it came out, so I watched it.

One of the rare times I shut off a DVD before the end. I think I made it through 20 minutes before my head started throbbing at the stupidity and the crappy "real world" filming style. Junk.

Worst I ever saw was a flick called Bloodstalkers. So bad, it doesn't even fall under the banner of so bad it's good. Just bad.

glassdancer
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
I just saw the movie "New World."

Let's just say, I now know why it didn't last long in theatres.

Waste of good actors.

riderV3
09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I heard over and over how this was a cool flick back when it came out, so I watched it.

One of the rare times I shut off a DVD before the end. I think I made it through 20 minutes before my head started throbbing at the stupidity and the crappy "real world" filming style. Junk.

Worst I ever saw was a flick called Bloodstalkers. So bad, it doesn't even fall under the banner of so bad it's good. Just bad.

There we go, Open Water, you can never find the "worst" worst movie, you named one and another will pop out.

bat_collector
09-04-2007, 03:47 PM

pitch black rocks!!!!

bat_collector
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I just saw the movie "New World."

Let's just say, I now know why it didn't last long in theatres.

Waste of good actors.

I kionda liked the new world, but it isn't for everyone

thecallahan
09-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Boondock Saints :thumbsdow

statman
09-04-2007, 04:41 PM
The House of Sand and Fog. Even with Jennifer Connelly this was a TERRIBLE movie. UGH!!

I can't believe I sat through the whole movie, but at the time I was trying to get laid, so sacrifices had to be made...

The General
09-04-2007, 04:42 PM
The House of Sand and Fog. Even with Jennifer Connelly this was a TERRIBLE movie. UGH!!

I can't believe I sat through the whole movie, but at the time I was trying to get laid, so sacrifices had to be made...

MiamiLoco
09-04-2007, 04:53 PM

oh.. I didn't know you went with Bat_Collector to see this. Hope it all worked out ;)

statman
09-04-2007, 05:12 PM
oh.. I didn't know you went with Bat_Collector to see this. Hope it all worked out ;)

:stick:

bat_collector
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
I liked House of Sand and Fog!

MiamiLoco
09-04-2007, 05:45 PM
hahah, oh I bet you did, especially the ending. Which I heard it wasn't a sad ending, it was quite the opposite ;)

MrYac
09-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Whats in your opinion the worst movie you have ever seen.

IMO

Lifeforce.

too many pages for me to catch up on everybodys, but come on the naked space vampire chick alone makes lifeforce a :thumbs2:

MONSTER
09-04-2007, 05:58 PM
too many pages for me to catch up on everybodys, but come on the naked space vampire chick alone makes lifeforce a :thumbs2:

God I loved that scene when I was a kid.

patrickwm68
09-04-2007, 06:28 PM
The Holiday w/ Jack Black and Cameron Diaz, got through about 40 minutes and shut it off because it was so boring.

Black Christmas (remake), just god awful.

Bandidas, I don't even have words to describe this embarassment.

VaultMan
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM

I liked JFK actually. Not as good as Thirteen Days, but still good.

Natural Born Killers with Woody Harrelson.

Batman and Robin.

Son of Jor-El
09-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Well since I use to work at a cineplex Ive seen alot of terrible movies.But these stand out the most.

Battlefield Earth

Lost in Space

Body Parts

Phone Booth

skorpsta
09-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Plan 9 from Outer Space.

i agree but..........VAMPIRA back in da dayz in this flick was hot az hell!!!!!!!!!

heirtoasguard
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Hudson Hawk w/ Bruce willis. the only highlight of this movie was the trailer for Termintor.

bat_collector
09-04-2007, 10:34 PM
The Holiday w/ Jack Black and Cameron Diaz, got through about 40 minutes and shut it off because it was so boring.

Black Christmas (remake), just god awful.

Bandidas, I don't even have words to describe this embarassment.

I LOVE THE HOLIDAY!

patrickwm68
09-04-2007, 10:39 PM
I LOVE THE HOLIDAY!

Which part? I was honestly bored to tears with it.

Shop Girl was another one I turned off early.

bat_collector
09-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Which part? I was honestly bored to tears with it.

Shop Girl was another one I turned off early.

all of it, its the perfect romantic movie

patrickwm68
09-04-2007, 11:39 PM
all of it, its the perfect romantic movie

No no no, the perfect romantic movie goes to "The Notebook"...but don't let anyone know I said that.

Gangleri
09-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Tie between Mr. Wrong (DeGeneres) and The Pallbearer(Schwimmer).

cap70
09-05-2007, 12:10 AM
"From Justin to Kelly"

Gosh, I can't even believe I "saw" that ****. Guess i was pretty damn bored that day, heh? :puke2:

"Just the tickets" is right there, too.

bat_collector
09-05-2007, 12:14 AM
"From Justin to Kelly"

Gosh, I can't even believe I "saw" that ****. Guess i was pretty damn bored that day, heh? :puke:

"Just the tickets" is right there, too.

hahahahahah

too funny

bat_collector
09-05-2007, 12:15 AM
No no no, the perfect romantic movie goes to "The Notebook"...but don't let anyone know I said that.

are you a fon'er????

bat_collector
09-05-2007, 12:15 AM

what can i say, I think jack black is cute in some weird way and jude law is hot.

and I LOVE kate winslet, my favorite actress

patrickwm68
09-05-2007, 12:18 AM
are you a fon'er????

What's a fon'er?

Boondog
09-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Without question.

Nail Gun Massacre

Done

riderV3
09-05-2007, 02:39 AM

Someone's going to get banned!:laugh:

riderV3
09-05-2007, 02:40 AM

The original Fog I assume, the new one is horrible...

JM28Cardiff
09-05-2007, 06:00 AM
I just re-read this thread, interesting to see what people like and hate. I no longer hate Michael Bay, because I loved Transformers. Some of the other films mentioned-

Bad Santa - I loved this film, so dark!

Van Helsing - rubbish!

The Patriot - didnt like it. Its a long time since I saw it, but I thought the way the Brits were portrayed (especially Jason Isaacs) was a bit cartoonish.

The Passion - well made, but not a subject I have any interest in.

Lifeforce - ahh, never seen the whole film, but when I was 13, I used to put certain scenes on, but usually for no more than 3 minutes!!

Spatial.Archite
09-05-2007, 06:15 AM
Any movie that starts with, "American Ninja" (forced to watch these in my childhood), and "Alone in the Dark" stick out for me right now.

Wolverine1
09-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Pitch Black was AWESOME! Chronicles, not so much....

Wolverine1
09-05-2007, 06:58 AM
"Bad Santa" is up there. What a crapfest. A movie with absolutely no redeeming characters whatsoever. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in a theater.
Bad Santa Rocks! So, does Shaun of the Dead....

abarron
09-05-2007, 07:32 AM
War of the Worlds. The new one

spenca7
09-05-2007, 08:11 AM

WHAT!!?!? One of the very first times I have heard this even referred to as a bad movie never mind worst movie ever. I have 2 tatoos dedicated to this movie, one of the best films in my opinion. Why did you not like it. And Boony, step back and breathe, don't do anything irrational

risingstar
09-05-2007, 08:46 AM
The Hulk was an abysmal movie.
Superman Returns was an utter failure.
Catwoman -- What were they thinking???
Battlefield Earth... Awful doesn't even begin to describe this clunker.

Anything with Jen Lopez, Melanie Griffith, Pauly Shore, Steven Segal, Julia Roberts, Andie Macdowell, Steven Baldwin, The Wayans brothers, and last but not least, Ben Stiller.

patrickwm68
09-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Come one, there's no way Superman Returns can be in the same list as Battlefield Earth and Catwoman.

If you were to cut out all the Nick Nolte and Bruce childhood stuff, Hulk would have been a good movie.

Now Elektra was a lousy film. Jennifer Garner even stopped promoting it because she was supposedly sick.

thecallahan
09-05-2007, 09:04 AM
WHAT!!?!? One of the very first times I have heard this even referred to as a bad movie never mind worst movie ever. I have 2 tatoos dedicated to this movie, one of the best films in my opinion. Why did you not like it. And Boony, step back and breathe, don't do anything irrational

I'm happy you like it a lot but I thought it was complete garbage. Acting was ok, except for a few instances of exceptional mumbling. As for the movie itself, when it came out was in the middle of Tarantino style knockoffs which I think this is one of them. The writing for the movie is atrocious and the actual dialog, well, lets just say I wasn't laughing because of any jokes.

J Storm
09-05-2007, 10:01 AM

what?

superdoug
09-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Ghost Rider. Johnny Blaze is not a middle-aged guy. Period! Boo, Nick Cage! Apart from some awesome effects, that movie stank on ice.

Lizard King
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
There are alot of movies I could post, but I think the biggest disappointment because of the huge hype it got would have to be Van Helsing. I really wanted to like this one but it was not to be. Utter trash.:bawling: