PDA

View Full Version : Where do you see Spider-Man and Batman in ten years and why?

grandpa
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Where do you see Spider-Man and Batman in ten years and why?

moon_knight1971
11-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Spider-Man's outfit is going to be red & black. Spider-Girl will find a way into the 616. This will cause reconnect the memories between Peter & MJ who will take in May Day astheir fully grown daughter.

Dick Grayson is going to be Batman and be married to Barbra Gordon (who can now walk due to stem cell implants). Bruce will be supervising the Justice League with a new costume and name....the Dark Knight. Tim will become Red Robin and Bruce's son with Talia will be the new Robin, ironically tutored by Dick, Batman's original and best pupil.

grandpa
11-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Spider-Man's outfit is going to be red & black. Spider-Girl will find a way into the 616. This will cause reconnect the memories between Peter & MJ who will take in May Day astheir fully grown daughter.

Dick Grayson is going to be Batman and be married to Barbra Gordon (who can now walk due to stem cell implants). Bruce will be supervising the Justice League with a new costume and name....the Dark Knight. Tim will become Red Robin and Bruce's son with Talia will be the new Robin, ironically tutored by Dick, Batman's original and best pupil.
interesting

Jack8022
11-21-2008, 03:16 PM
In Marvel, all the mystic tampering is "straining the fabric of reality" (be it from Thor's Ragnorok/Reappearance, to Spider-man's deal with Mephisto, Skrull skrulldiggery) where the Dark Dimensions start to spill over into Earth. Who has to reweave reality? Doc Strange (with Doom helping for an extra thorn in his side). At the end of it, Spiderman's back into his continuity, Strange is back as the Sorcerer Supreme, and whatnot.

touche22
11-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I think they'll still be together. I know it's a lot to ask nowadays with the divorce rate and now the passing of Prop 8. But these are heroes with a certain degree of integrity that might lend itself to a strong, lasting relationship. The main obstacle might b........uh,.......um,.....oh. That's not the question ? Sorry.....nevermind.

grandpa
11-21-2008, 03:19 PM
In Marvel, all the mystic tampering is "straining the fabric of reality" (be it from Thor's Ragnorok/Reappearance, to Spider-man's deal with Mephisto, Skrull skrulldiggery) where the Dark Dimensions start to spill over into Earth. Who has to reweave reality? Doc Strange (with Doom helping for an extra thorn in his side). At the end of it, Spiderman's back into his continuity, Strange is back as the Sorcerer Supreme, and whatnot.
yet another interesting idea

Bullseye
11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
The way Marvel Studios is going I would not be surprised if comics disappear or are reduced to graphic novels. There is just so much money to be made from movies for both DC and Marvel for that manner. I hope comics don't disappear.

protector2814
11-21-2008, 05:35 PM

Love the Spiderman scenario. God, knows I want my Spidey back and this would make a ton of sense.

The Batman ideas? All fantastic but I can't see this happeninig in the regular U. Maybe as an elseworlds or as a 'projected' series, something like a series dealing with the pre-Kingdom Come U. I just can't see DC ever giving up the ghost of Bruce as Batman.

moon_knight1971
11-21-2008, 05:39 PM
Love the Spiderman scenario. God, knows I want my Spidey back and this would make a ton of sense.

The Batman ideas? All fantastic but I can't see this happeninig in the regular U. Maybe as an elseworlds or as a 'projected' series, something like a series dealing with the pre-Kingdom Come U. I just can't see DC ever giving up the ghost of Bruce as Batman.

Isn't it happening right now with Batman RIP? I know there's a mini slated early next year based on battling for Batman's cowl.........

protector2814
11-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Isn't it happening right now with Batman RIP? I know there's a mini slated early next year based on battling for Batman's cowl.........

I'll admit, I haven't been reading Batman for a year or so, so I'm in the dark. The life-long comic reader in me though questions the longevity of the changes currently being made. Don't you think ultimately, things will revert back to the status quo of Bruce being Batman?

moon_knight1971
11-21-2008, 05:58 PM
I'll admit, I haven't been reading Batman for a year or so, so I'm in the dark. The life-long comic reader in me though questions the longevity of the changes currently being made. Don't you think ultimately, things will revert back to the status quo of Bruce being Batman?

Bruce will always be Batman. When we are at our deathbeds he'll still be Batman;)

ALPH4T34M
11-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Don't get me started on Morrison!! :banghead:

Batman without Bruce Wayne is like having a Bond film without James Bond as the lead.

Batman's origin is routed absolutely in his parents death, that's where he stems from, that's why he fights. How can that be related to any other character other than Bruce Wayne? Fair enough Dick Grayson went through a similar tragedy but he had to be shown his path leading upto him becoming Nightwing, who started slowly loosing his way anyway. Bruce found his path for himself.

In 10 years Bruce Wayne will still be Batman and Batman will still be Bruce Wayne.

The Dark Knight
11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Don't get me started on Morrison!! :banghead:

Batman without Bruce Wayne is like having a Bond film without James Bond as the lead.

Batman's origin is routed absolutely in his parents death, that's where he stems from, that's why he fights. How can that be related to any other character other than Bruce Wayne? Fair enough Dick Grayson went through a similar tragedy but he had to be shown his path leading upto him becoming Nightwing, who started slowly loosing his way anyway. Bruce found his path for himself.

In 10 years Bruce Wayne will still be Batman and Batman will still be Bruce Wayne.

Tell Them !

They also bring a new Nightwing from what i heard... so Dick will be Batman i guess... probably Tim will be Nightwing and Damian will be Robin then Azrael will be Spoiler and Spoiler will be Joker and Joker will be Red Robin and Jason will be Azrael and Riddler will be Joker and they will make James Gordon anti monitor and he will fight Crispus Allen Spectre... damn it... :laugh: jk.

ALPH4T34M
11-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Tell Them !

They also bring a new Nightwing from what i heard... so Dick will be Batman i guess... probably Tim will be Nightwing and Damian will be Robin then Azrael will be Spoiler and Spoiler will be Joker and Joker will be Red Robin and Jason will be Azrael and Riddler will be Joker and they will make James Gordon anti monitor and he will fight Crispus Allen Spectre... damn it... :laugh: jk.

LMAO!!!! :laugh:

Collection King 13
11-21-2008, 07:53 PM
ummmm.... DEAD! :D

risingstar
11-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Sadly, comics are already dying. Many of the older fans are leaving (and gladly, it seems) and there's no one to replace them. In ten years time, I'm not sure there will be all that many people left to care what happens. Comics will be seen like the movie seriels of the 40s and 50s, a thing of the past.

I agree with Bullsy. We may see more graphic novels, like those we see published in Europe. We live in a "Got to have it now" era. That will only become more obvious with time. No one will have the patience for these year long multi-parters that seem to take forever to get anywhere, if at all. Speaking for myself, it would be virtually impossible to get me to buy single issues again. Even now, I may purchase maybe 5 HCs a year. The rest are Masterworks types and I pretty much have most of the ones I'd ever want.

As good a question is "Where will comic book original art be in ten years?" I kind of feel bad for all those people spending so much on those generic type commissions (as nice as they are), perhaps even more for those spending in the thousands for published works. Once comics go, original art won't be too far behind.

Argonus
11-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Good thing I never plan on selling my pages.. which is why they're framed/matted and hanging in my gallery. :laugh:

I don't buy comics now, just the every-so-often trade paperback.. however, even if original art and commissions become "worthless", mine will always be of sentimental value to me. :D Plus.. they're gorgeous pieces of art, and one of a kind. It's fun to have many mediums of art in your home.

.. great points, though, RS.. I totally agree with you.

I think, at the very least, Bruce will have "upgraded" his Robins to a higher position of authority by then (or perhaps the Robin mask will be retired permanently).. doing away with the Robin persona entirely. He doesn't need any more "young wards", he's got enough people "under his wing" now.. another one isn't necessary. I don't keep up on Batman at all, let alone 99.9% of what happens in DC comics (mostly just their event books is what I read, and of those.. I've only read Identity Crisis, 52 and the Sinestro Corps War).

Hopefully Spider-Man and Mary Jane are back together by then.. and yeah.. it'd be fun if Spider-Girl has entered 616 continuity in some fashion by then.

Sadly, comics are already dying. Manoy of the older fans are leaving (and gladly, it seems) and there's no one to replace them. In ten years time, I'm not sure there will be all that many people left to care what happens. Comics will be seen like the movie seriels of the 40s and 50s, a thing of the past.

I agree with Bullsy. We may see more graphic novels, like those we see published in Europe. We live in a "Got to have it now" era. That will only become more obvious with time. No one will have the patience for these year long multi-parters that seem to take forever to get anywhere, if at all. Speaking for myself, it would be virtually impossible to get me to buy single issues again. Even now, I may purchase maybe 5 HCs a year. The rest are Masterworks types and I pretty much most of the ones I'd ever want.

As good a question is "Where will comic book original art be in ten years?" I kind of feel bad for all those people spending so much on those generic type commissions (as nice as they are), perhaps even more for those spending in the thousands for published works. Once comics go, original art won't be too far behind.