PDA

View Full Version : If there was a storyline you could delete from a character's history...

risingstar
11-21-2008, 09:25 PM
If there was a storyline you could delete from a character's history, what would it be?

There are probably many. These are off the top of my head.

1) Spiderman clone saga. In fact, everything and anything clone related. I just don't feel it ever worked well anywhere.

2) Civil War - Every aspect of it, including One More Day.

3) Bringing back Jean Grey, this includes all 200 of her rebirths, twins, clones, and whatever.

4) The introduction of Robin in Detective Comics. I could only imagine how much better this book might have been without the Boy Hostage ever existing.

5) The introduction of the Morlocks and news that there were suddenly millions of mutants around that no one ever noticed ever... The tiresome endless number of mutants played a huge role in killing that book.

How about you?

:)

McLovin'
11-21-2008, 09:41 PM
The Killing Joke.

-Babs would never have gotten shot and she'd still be the one, true Batgirl...

-It's not his "origin story"... and during the issue he pretty much says it.
"If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice."

-Batman would never, EVER "share a laugh" with his bitterest sworn enemy... especially after he tried to drive one of his closest friends insane and shot the guy's daughter.

Uuuuuugh. :sly2:

ALPH4T34M
11-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Batman - RIP!

ALPH4T34M
11-23-2008, 01:18 PM

-Batman would never, [i]EVER "share a laugh" with his bitterest sworn enemy... especially after he tried to drive one of his closest friends insane and shot the guy's daughter.

Uuuuuugh. :sly2:

:buttrock: :buttrock:

Primal
11-23-2008, 01:23 PM
Spider-man: Sins Past. Still disgusts me to this day.

risingstar
11-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Spider-man: Sins Past. Still disgusts me to this day.

I remember reading that JMS originally wanted the kids to belong to Peter. However, Joe Q stepped in (again) and pushed for them to be Norman's kids instead. I would imagine that JMS and Joe Q will never quite see eye to eye.

Spidey has been quite mishandled over the years... from the clones, to the return of his parents, to the endless number of venom symbiotes, to Gwen's pregnancy, to One More Day, to the Ultra bore Spider-totem thing, to the Spidey is the strongest hero in the Marvel U idea, to the death of Hobgoblin (circa Spidey 289), the rush of the MJ and Peter marriage (for those who might remember, it really felt like it came out of the blue), the maximum carnage mess, the unmasking event, bringing back Aunt May (again) after her seemigly countless strokes, heart attacks, and even some deaths and on and on...

rychehitman
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Wolverine:Origin

Mr.Fantastic
11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
House of M.