PDA

View Full Version : Magneto vs Plastic Man

moon_knight1971
11-27-2008, 02:13 AM
One of those fights that might make you go hmmmmmm....We all know how powerful Magneto is being master of magnetism and all things with any metallic properties but how do you think he would do against Plastic Man who is very powerful in his own silly way?

The Watcher
11-27-2008, 03:58 AM
The outcome would probably would be determined by the locale of the fight.

Magneto is overrated so I voted for Plastic Man.

Justin
11-27-2008, 04:15 AM
The outcome would probably would be determined by the locale of the fight.

Magneto is overrated so I voted for Plastic Man.

How so mate? :confused:

Justin
11-27-2008, 04:16 AM
I voted for Mags :thumbs2:

Argonus
11-27-2008, 04:38 AM
There's metal in PM's blood.. so.. he's toast. :)

It'd be an interesting fight until Mags tires of him and kills him outright.

abarron
11-27-2008, 05:23 AM
I voted for Mags :thumbs2:

Me too

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 05:30 AM
Sorry, but people I think underestimate Plastic Man, he's one of the most powerful non-cosmic, non-religion based comic characters.

He can be split into millions of tiny pieces, buried at the ends of the earth and still remain alive. I've always maintained that Magneto's metal in blood manipulation must take intense concentration, as he never does it in battle, and he'd have his hands well and truly full with Plastic Man.

This is an easy one for me.

HalJordanFan
11-27-2008, 07:21 AM
Both characters are 2 of the most powerful non cosmics in either universe and Mag's can normally beat sh*t down. In this fight however he is the not the favorite IMO. Plastic Man's abilities to do shapeshift into anyhting would eventually be too much for Mags. If he drops his forcefield for a second the fight is over. His invulnerability & regeneration added to the mix and he's almost unbeatable.

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Both characters are 2 of the most powerful non cosmics in either universe and Mag's can normally beat sh*t down. In this fight however he is the not the favorite IMO. Plastic Man's abilities to do shapeshift into anyhting would eventually be too much for Mags. If he drops his forcefield for a second the fight is over. His invulnerability & regeneration added to the mix and he's almost unbeatable.

Spoken like a true comic fan! :buttrock:

ALPH4T34M
11-27-2008, 08:03 AM

All good points.

But lets consider that Plastic man in vulnerable to heat. Magneto can blast him with infra red rays (part of the electromagnetic spectrum). I'm not saying that would destroy Plastic Man but it would disable him in a fight.

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 08:19 AM
All good points.

But lets consider that Plastic man in vulnerable to heat. Magneto can blast him with infra red rays (part of the electromagnetic spectrum). I'm not saying that would destroy Plastic Man but it would disable him in a fight.

That is true, just like when the mercenaries did it to him in Tower of Babel, didn't they freeze him and shatter him? It only left him temporarily weakened though, he was back to full strength awfully quickly.

And consider that Magneto's ability to wield the upper limits of his power is dependent upon his physical condition and mental state. when severely injured, or under pressure his body is unable to withstand the strain of generating strong magnetic fields. To generate enough heat from a focused infra red blast would take immense concentration, and if Eel hit's him fast enough, it's game over.

ALPH4T34M
11-27-2008, 08:24 AM
That is true, just like when the mercenaries did it to him in Tower of Babel, didn't they freeze him and shatter him? It only left him temporarily weakened though, he was back to full strength awfully quickly.

Yep they did.

And consider that Magneto's ability to wield the upper limits of his power is dependent upon his physical condition and mental state. when severely injured, or under pressure his body is unable to withstand the strain of generating strong magnetic fields. To generate enough heat from a focused infra red blast would take immense concentration, and if Eel hit's him fast enough, it's game over.

True, but I would think that Magneto can hold up his forcefield (which can take a nuclear blast) to withstand any preliminary attacks and prepare himself.

The Watcher
11-27-2008, 08:59 AM
How so mate? :confused:

According to some people (esp. writers), Magneto should be able to defeat anyone with iron in their blood. That's quite a list when you consider all the characters that fit that category. Even the Hulk would be no match for him. It's ridiculous (IMO).

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 09:13 AM
True, but I would think that Magneto can hold up his forcefield (which can take a nuclear blast) to withstand any preliminary attacks and prepare himself.

That's a good point, but this is the problem with these vs threads, and discussions about powers in general, potentially Magnus should be able to wipe out the world or individual continents with a wave of his hand, but ywet he struggles to keep a force field up against cyclops at times.

It all depends on fighting styles I think. Magneto tends to expend a lot of power very early in a fight ot attempt to end it quickly, as he himself probably realises that his powers are draining, which in Deadly Genesis, was shown to a greater extent when Fabien Cortez was regenerating him.

I think that while Mags would be able to hold his own, and potentially win some fights, Plastic Man would Ultimately win.

Unless containment counts as a win, which we've previously debated in the vs threads.

risingstar
11-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Sorry, but people I think underestimate Plastic Man, he's one of the most powerful non-cosmic, non-religion based comic characters.

He can be split into millions of tiny pieces, buried at the ends of the earth and still remain alive. I've always maintained that Magneto's metal in blood manipulation must take intense concentration, as he never does it in battle, and he'd have his hands well and truly full with Plastic Man.

This is an easy one for me.

Couldn't Magneto just drop a submarine on Plastic man or something? If that doesn't flatten the life out of him, couldn't he then dunk the sub with the flattened plastic man into the ocean until he drowned or something? Or perhaps he could drop him and the sub into a live volcano.

I get the sense that Magneto could just pummel into the poor plastic fellow until he pretty much dies.

rilynil
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Magneto wins this one.

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Couldn't Magneto just drop a submarine on Plastic man or something? If that doesn't flatten the life out of him, couldn't he then dunk the sub with the flattened plastic man into the ocean until he drowned or something?

I get the sense that Magneto could just pummel into the poor plastic fellow until he pretty much dies.

He can't be squashed, punctured, burned, corroded, hurt by projectile explosive or pressure, or generally hurt in nearly any way. He is completely invulnerable.

He doesn't need to breathe, eat or sleep.

He can alter the mass of his body, not like a regular shapeshifter who can only imitate like sized forms - he has morphed into a figur an inch tall and been a massive colossal being.

He cannot be hurt by any telepathic attack, and telekinetics have hard times locking onto his genetic structure.

He can alter his own body outputs, meaining he can control his heat output, vibrational frequency and has complete control over ever cell in his body.

If you can tear him apart, he can reform like T1000, or actually regenerate his own living tissue - although not particularly swiftly.

His morphing ability puts Reed Richards to shame, he can form not only shapes, but create actual machines with complex parts from his body.

Lastly, in one JLA arc, he was kept in tiny peices at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for thousands of years and still was living.

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Plus Plastic Man doesn't actually have blood, so mags couldn't use the whole iron-in-blood technique.

If we put this to the comic jury, it'd go to Plas I think.

risingstar
11-27-2008, 12:41 PM
He can't be squashed, punctured, burned, corroded, hurt by projectile explosive or pressure, or generally hurt in nearly any way. He is completely invulnerable.

He doesn't need to breathe, eat or sleep.

He can alter the mass of his body, not like a regular shapeshifter who can only imitate like sized forms - he has morphed into a figur an inch tall and been a massive colossal being.

He cannot be hurt by any telepathic attack, and telekinetics have hard times locking onto his genetic structure.

He can alter his own body outputs, meaining he can control his heat output, vibrational frequency and has complete control over ever cell in his body.

If you can tear him apart, he can reform like T1000, or actually regenerate his own living tissue - although not particularly swiftly.

His morphing ability puts Reed Richards to shame, he can form not only shapes, but create actual machines with complex parts from his body.

Lastly, in one JLA arc, he was kept in tiny peices at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean for thousands of years and still was living.

Couldn't Magneto just hurl him into space towards a meteor shower that's caught in the gravity of a black hole?
Would that at all slow down the Plastic man?

:)

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Couldn't Magneto just hurl him into space towards a meteor shower that's caught in the gravity of a black hole?

:)

:laugh:

I give up, you guys would send an insane man more crazy. :laugh:

RichBamf
11-27-2008, 12:44 PM
I admit, he's too powerful, but you can't argue with what's written, as people have said many times before.

:D

VaultMan
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Plastic Man's invulnerability and versatility make him nearly impossible to kill and tough to even hurt. The same cant be said for Mags...and as many times as Wolverine's gotten close to him and hurt him severly (though Wolvie did have the Xmen with him when he caught Mags sleeping), I have to give the edge to Plas...a couple of good hits and he wins this...though it wouldnt be easy...

jory REX
11-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Therre's Metal in PM's blood.. so.. he's toast. :)

It'd be an interesting fight until Mags tires of him and kills him outright.

this always baffled me; i guess im being to technical here but doesnt blood contains iron which doesnt necesarilly have the same property of metals that are magnetic

Argonus
11-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Apparently last night "there" had two "r"s. :)

I wouldn't know, Jory.. I just know our blood has elements of metal in it. I'm hardly a doctor. :D

If Magneto wasn't able to access said metals in Plastic Man, Magneto would not be the victor in this fight.

Dan_Lebou
11-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Magneto creates a solid metal sphere around Plastic man trapping him. It doesn't kill him but effectively takes him totally out of the fight.

MrYac
11-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Apparently last night "there" had two "r"s. :)

I wouldn't know, Jory.. I just know our blood has elements of metal in it. I'm hardly a doctor. :D

If Magneto wasn't able to access said metals in Plastic Man, Magneto would not be the victor in this fight.

well as somebody mentioned a bit earlier Plastic Man doesnt actually have blood, so no iron to screw with.

Magneto creates a solid metal sphere around Plastic man trapping him. It doesn't kill him but effectively takes him totally out of the fight.

he could just expand his body till the spehere shattered

rilynil
11-28-2008, 01:11 AM

I think that would make Magneto the winner. Total incapacitation counts as a win, in my book. :) Put Plastic Man inside a huge metal cube and launch him into outerspace for ever and ever. Magneto wins!

Alex655321
11-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Magneto wins this one.

I agree with Neil !

ALPH4T34M
11-28-2008, 08:43 AM

Not Magneto's forcefield.

risingstar
11-28-2008, 08:50 AM
If Plastic man is basically the equivalent of Mr. Fantastic, then this is a bizarre discussion. Even with all of Reed's smarts, we still seem him get knocked out and beaten up physically all the time. There seem to many different ways to get at these plastic heroes.

A sonic blast, knock out gas and so on...

JLM
11-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm persuaded by what Rich says, and will go with Plastic Man. :)

RichBamf
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
If Plastic man is basically the equivalent of Mr. Fantastic, then this is a bizarre discussion. Even with all of Reed's smarts, we still seem him get knocked out and beaten up physically all the time. There seem to many different ways to get at these plastic heroes.

A sonic blast, knock out gas and so on...

But he's NOT the equivalant of Reed, nowhere near, look at the powers list I posted again and tell me if you think Reed can do all that.

(Not trying to be a jerk here buddy! :laugh: )

And Mags' forcefield has been breached both by constant kinetic barrage (colossus more than once) and energy projection, his barriers just simply aren't as all powerful as some are suggesting.

ALPH4T34M
11-28-2008, 09:43 AM
http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/ALPH4T34M/595054-magtakesamegatonbomb9cn_supe.jpg

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq196/ALPH4T34M/595055-magtakespain1fh_super.jpg

Argonus
11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
If PM has no blood, what does he have in place of it?

The guy has no inner plumbing? No brain?

You need blood to operate a brain.. :laugh:

This conversation is an amusing one.

Dan_Lebou
11-28-2008, 01:44 PM

Magneto could make the sphere as thick as he wanted and could continue to reinforce it.

You may not be able to kill or hurt Plastic man but he can be contained.

MrYac
11-28-2008, 02:47 PM
If PM has no blood, what does he have in place of it?

The guy has no inner plumbing? No brain?

You need blood to operate a brain.. :laugh:

This conversation is an amusing one.

techincly he has no organs at all, his body is completly made of the plastic substance all the way through

JadeGiant
11-28-2008, 02:49 PM
I voted for Mags but bamfer's solid arguments may be turning the tide!

rilynil
11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
I agree with Neil !

I agree with Louis! :thumbs2:

risingstar
11-28-2008, 03:18 PM
techincly he has no organs at all, his body is completly made of the plastic substance all the way through

His entire nervous system is composed of plastic?
That's the entire biology?
How do we get passed the physiology of brain matter and consciousness?

JadeGiant
11-28-2008, 03:21 PM
His entire nervous system is composed of plastic?
He's just one big plastic goo? That's the entire biology?
How do we get passed the physiology of brain matter and consciousness?

easy ... don't overthink it ...

how does superman fly?

risingstar
11-28-2008, 03:24 PM
easy ... don't overthink it ...

how does superman fly?

He can defy gravity. It's a trait like being left handed. Think of it like an allergy. Some people are allergic to milk and can die whereas others can defy calcium.

P.S. Supes didn't always fly, right? I think he was only able to leap over tall buildings in a single bound at first. DC played with that defying-gravity idea (I suppose gravity wasn't as strong on Krypton) and changed it around a bit so that he could fly. A good trivia question would be, "What is the first Superman flying issue?"