PDA

View Full Version : any liberty meadows fans?

Kdawg59
09-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Frank Cho anyone???

I love his art, very good at fluid characters.

It's my hope that Clay Moore will still do a statue of Brandy.

galactus
09-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Frank Cho anyone???

Franks women are great, as are his animals. Some of his attempts at mainstrean male superheros are not as good (my opinion). I have the import LM statue that came out about a year ago, nice piece. Great read too, though I only get the trades, which there is only 1 of at this point.

Leon
09-04-2004, 03:08 AM
His art is indeed very nice. Just bought a Spidey ish he did, but I agree with Galactus, his women are better then his men.

beav
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
His art is nice but he's a Jerk......don't bother with him anymore

Daredevil
09-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Why's that, beav? GOt a story to tell?

galactus
09-08-2004, 10:53 PM
His art is nice but he's a Jerk......don't bother with him anymore

Beav, unfortunately, is not too far off on his statement. He was never rude by any means, just didn't seem to care about talking to his fans at all. He was nice enough to do a little sketch for me in a sketchbook I purchased from him in SD 2003, but I think he's a little pissed about all the convention sketches he did over the years that have found their way onto ebay. As a result, he does no con sketches (at least, not normally). I guess the best way to put it would be: Don't go to a con just to meet him, you'll have gone a long way for a very small return.

punisher-art
09-13-2004, 04:42 PM
I really lucked out at SD in '03 when I spotted a sign on the Comic Art Museum table that Frank would be sketching for members on Sunday. I asked them and they said that he was doing 20 sketches for museum members, nobody else would get anything from him that weekend, and membership was $35.

$35 for a Cho sketch? Sign me up!

I came back at the appointed hour on Sunday, and he was up to #5 - turns out he was doing random quick scrawls of the animals, and they would be distributed randomly to the 20 names on the list.

I asked him about getting a grail piece - Brandy in a Punisher t-shirt, and he said that he never draws females at cons any more because they always end up on ebay.

Even if it's a grail piece and you personalize it to me and write "never to be sold" on it?

Even if it's a grail piece and I personalize it to you and write "never to be sold" on it.

Then I asked him that since i was actually there for the sketch session, could he at least do something for my site that was Liberty Meadows/Punisher related, and he agreed to do this piece for me. Not quite Brandy, but an alcoholic pig (http://www.punisher-art.com/misc_art/sketches/sketches_page_12/punisher_cho.jpg) is acceptable in a pinch.

Punisher
11-22-2005, 12:21 AM
I'd buy it for $5. =)

bat_collector
11-22-2005, 12:38 AM
Frank Cho anyone???

dawg didn' you konw he already has?

devlinboy
11-22-2005, 03:03 AM
there was a liberty statue on clay's website.

Kdawg59
11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
dawg didn' you konw he already has?

Yeah bats look at the date of my original Post... I know he's already done the statue now...

9/4/2004??? :)

bat_collector
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
yeah, galactus pointed this out to me. doh!

kirthew
11-22-2005, 07:42 PM
And it is a mightly sweet statue!