PDA

View Full Version : Peter and MJ's Baby??

Omega
03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Did Spider-Man have a kid with MJ, I remember seeing a issue were the nurse takes the kid, and I guess Peter and MJ think he was still born. The shaded character receiving the baby appears to be Doc Ock. What happened to this story line?

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 03:21 PM
I think Norman (Green Goblin) kidnapped the baby and it was pretty much forgotten about, LOL. I guess if you really care so much about the baby, then pick up "Spider-Girl"

DDura711
03-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Tony Coca ate it with fries. :D

For real, I wonder when they are gonna bring that story line back into play.
Maybe we'll get to see clones again :thumbs2:

CKinSD
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
the Spidergirl comic tells about what happened but the ASM has not dealt with it for some time. You know it will be cloned as well by the jackel. lol

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Well, here is some info from SpiderFan.org:

After the clone saga, the storyline showed more hope for their marriage, when Mary Jane became pregnant. The responsibility of being a parent inpired Peter to end his role as Spider-Man, head out to Seattle to live a "normal life". That didn't end very long. The Green Goblin came back, and there was an apparent "miscarriage" of the baby (though it seems Norman Osborn may have abducted the child - a plotline left in limbo).

Omega
03-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Interesting, OK, I just wanted to make sure that I did notdream this, so If I go pick up 50 of this book, it will be worth gold when the story comes out 20 years from now he he, j/k

spider-man
03-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I remember this plotline but they are really carrying this one out as it's been a long time , and don't even get me started on normon coming back from the dead. Some villans should stay dead.

Primal
03-30-2005, 06:41 PM
I remember this plotline but they are really carrying this one out as it's been a long time , and don't even get me started on normon coming back from the dead. Some villans should stay dead.
Without a doubt...Norman shouldve stayed dead. His legend was cooler than the mess Straczynski made of his affair with Gwen Stacy...UGH! :puke2: Why not have Harry Osborn come back from the dead and carry on the Goblin name? I know he's a wuss but anybody can be written to be intimidating. Damn u Straczynski!

Omega
03-30-2005, 07:05 PM
What!! Gwen had a affair with Norman? Whats this about? I have been out of the loop since the spider-people or whatever that story line was going to be? Gwen cheated onPeter?

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Interesting, OK, I just wanted to make sure that I did notdream this, so If I go pick up 50 of this book, it will be worth gold when the story comes out 20 years from now he he, j/k

No, you did not dream this, it did happen & Norman had paid a nurse to kidnap the baby. This plotline was never resolved & was instead covered up with the return of Aunt May after her death in 400. AND yes, this story was just as bad as the clone saga!

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 07:13 PM
What!! Gwen had a affair with Norman? Whats this about? I have been out of the loop since the spider-people or whatever that story line was going to be? Gwen cheated onPeter?

The most recent storyline in Amazing Spider-Man covered this. Yes, they, Norman & Gwen had a "one-nighter" that resulted in her pregnancy!
In Amazing Spider-Man, volume one, in issues 90-99 (in tht ballpark), Gwen ran off to England to stay with whatever living relatives she had left.
JMS incorporated this into the "Sins of the Past" storyline, saying she did this to cover her pregnancy & birth of twin boy & girl.
Because of Norman's altered DNA from the goblin formula, these kids aged rapidy, so they are now young adults.
The story is now continued in Spectacular Spider-Man, "Sins Remembered" on stands now....

Primal
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry to break the news to u. Yes, it was recently revealed in a recent piece of sh**!!! (yes i'm that angry) Amz Spidey arc that Gwen lost her virginity to osborn and had his twin babies!!! (& Pete never got to hit that!) They had super accelerated growth and blamed Pete for their mom's death! Friggin piece of crap Straczynski should burn! (yes i'm still that angry)

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 07:20 PM

Believe me...this is one of those cases where ignorance truly is bliss. The less you know of this storyline the better.

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry to break the news to u. Yes, it was recently revealed in a recent piece of sh**!!! (yes i'm that angry) Amz Spidey arc that Gwen lost her virginity to osborn and had his twin babies!!! (& Pete never got to hit that!) They had super accelerated growth and blamed Pete for their mom's death! Friggin piece of crap Straczynski should burn! (yes i'm still that angry)

Yeah...I didn't read the whole thing, but the little bit that I skimmed through was enough to make my stomach turn. This garbage is almost as unforgiveable as that Ben Reily fiasco.

By the way, Primal, what's up with your signature? :inquisiti

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
primal, why are you so angry about it? Having your arch nemesis sleep with your first love only ADDS more to Peter's hatred of Norman. When I went to MegaCon, in the Quesada panel, there was a guy that was REALLY mad because of this. Quesada pretty much said that having Gwen sleep with Norman only makes her MORE human. Guess what, Gwen wasn't perfect. Remember, she didn't have a RELATIONSHIP with Norman, it was a MISTAKE. I don't know, I actually like JMS because he did something with the character. If I want to see Spidey fight bad guys, then I'll just pick up any of the other Spidey books.

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 08:26 PM
primal, why are you so angry about it? Having your arch nemesis sleep with your first love only ADDS more to Peter's hatred of Norman. When I went to MegaCon, in the Quesada panel, there was a guy that was REALLY mad because of this. Quesada pretty much said that having Gwen sleep with Norman only makes her MORE human. Guess what, Gwen wasn't perfect. Remember, she didn't have a RELATIONSHIP with Norman, it was a MISTAKE. I don't know, I actually like JMS because he did something with the character. If I want to see Spidey fight bad guys, then I'll just pick up any of the other Spidey books.

"More human?" A young college-age girl cheating on her boyfriend and having sex with a criminal/borderline psychopathic man roughly twice her age makes her "more human?" That's the best excuse he could give?! I see the House of Questionable Ideas strikes again. And though I didn't get that far into it (mercifully) wasn't there some garbage thrown into the mix about how Norman's blood accelerated the kids' aging processes so that (when they appeared in the story) they'd be about the same age as Gwen when she died? Can anyone say "contrived"? Besides, how much more hatred can you add to the Peter/Norman thing? Geez...is it me, or is Norman Osborn responsible for just about every major mishap in Spidey's life? Move on, Marvel...the Norman Osborne thing got old a long, long time ago.

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 08:50 PM
"More human?" A young college-age girl cheating on her boyfriend and having sex with a criminal/borderline psychopathic man roughly twice her age makes her "more human?"
Ok, you have to take it into context, first of her boyfriend is Spider-Man. So if we make it more "real" it would be a "young college-age girl who made a mistake by cheating on her boyfriend with a guy who was twice her age who at the time was in a vulnerable stage" Also, you have to remember that he has money; money is power. Not to sound sexist, but women ARE attracted to power. We all make mistakes. So in my eyes, yes, making mistakes is part of being human.

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 08:51 PM
Besides, how much more hatred can you add to the Peter/Norman thing? Geez...is it me, or is Norman Osborn responsible for just about every major mishap in Spidey's life? Move on, Marvel...the Norman Osborne thing got old a long, long time ago.
Then I guess you must get tired of The Joker and Lex Luthor and pretty much every other main villain that every bad guy has. That's the whole point of the ARCH NEMESIS. He is the ONE thing the villain hates the most.

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
And though I didn't get that far into it (mercifully) wasn't there some garbage thrown into the mix about how Norman's blood accelerated the kids' aging processes so that (when they appeared in the story) they'd be about the same age as Gwen when she died? Can anyone say "contrived"?
ok, fine, I agree that's pretty silly, but then again, shouldn't Aunt May be like 1005 years old by now? :P

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Ok, you have to take it into context, first of her boyfriend is Spider-Man. So if we make it more "real" it would be a "young college-age girl who made a mistake by cheating on her boyfriend with a guy who was twice her age who at the time was in a vulnerable stage" Also, you have to remember that he has money; money is power. Not to sound sexist, but women ARE attracted to power. We all make mistakes. So in my eyes, yes, making mistakes is part of being human.

So by portraying Gwen as vulnerable girl who's attracted to money they are improving her character? I get it...let's turn all our supporting female characters in one-dimensional bad stereotypes. Yep. That'll do wonders for comic stories.

MiamiLoco
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
So by portraying Gwen as vulnerable girl who's attracted to money they are improving her character?
Nobody said that Gwen was a saint. Actually if I remember correctly, wasn't she the "Bad girl"?? Didn't she wear the leather boots?? And just because you show something negative that a character does, it doesn't mean you aren't improving a characters. Thinking now about films and literature, sometimes the most interesting characters are the ones that are "broken"

P.S. when I said vulnerable, I didn't mean Gwen. If I remember correctly, Norman had something bad happen at the time and HE was vulnerable and Gwen kind of took pity.

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Then I guess you must get tired of The Joker and Lex Luthor and pretty much every other main villain that every bad guy has. That's the whole point of the ARCH NEMESIS. He is the ONE thing the villain hates the most.

Let's see now, ol' Norman killed Gwen Stacy, harrassed Peter for countless years, was somehow involved in that clone debacle, impaled Ben Reilly on his glider, stole Peter's and MJ's baby (a plotline which they conveniently forgot about), and now has been ret-conned so that at some previously unknown point in time, he had an affair with Gwen? How is the Gwen Stacy affair supposed to make sense? Because Norman had money and she was vulnerable? Yeah...that's great characterization. As for the Lex/Joker thing, I remember during Identity Crisis that Meltzer said during an interview that the killer would most definitely not be Luthor because quite simply, stories with him as the cause of all the world's woes are completely overdone. I agree. It gets real tired real fast when a writer (or an editor) is hard-up for a storyline and they resort to going back into a character's history and fiddling with his past in ways that make no sense. Sure, why not...we've got ourselves a few issues to fill or a storyline we don't know how to resolve...we could take the time to come up with a fresh, original angle...naahhh, that's too much effort...let's blame it on Norman! I remember an old ToyFare issue (around the time of the Spider clone brouhaha) that had a picture of the old 3 3/4" Green Goblin Pocket superhero figure with a thought bubble that read "So...they blamed this whole clone mess on me. Nice...real #$%*ing nice." My sentiments exactly. The "let's blame the Green Goblin" formula is way past lame.

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:33 PM
ok, fine, I agree that's pretty silly, but then again, shouldn't Aunt May be like 1005 years old by now? :P

Which actually brings up another interesting question...how did Aunt May come back to life? I remember she died back in '96 or '97 and then after several years of not reading Spider-Man, I pick up an issue and she's back?!

Hmmm...was Norman responsible for that as well? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Which actually brings up another interesting question...how did Aunt May come back to life? I remember she died back in '96 or '97 and then after several years of not reading Spider-Man, I pick up an issue and she's back?!

Hmmm...was Norman responsible for that as well? I'm almost afraid to ask.

Ahhh, almost afraid to say this, but it was the GREEN GOBLIN!!!!

Yes, believe it or not, as I posted earlier in this thread, Norman was behind this too!
He had...are you ready for this?...hired an actress to play May! It was the actress who died!!!
Norman had May captive ALL the time!!! Mooohaaaahaaaa

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Nobody said that Gwen was a saint. Actually if I remember correctly, wasn't she the "Bad girl"?? Didn't she wear the leather boots?? And just because you show something negative that a character does, it doesn't mean you aren't improving a characters. Thinking now about films and literature, sometimes the most interesting characters are the ones that are "broken"

P.S. when I said vulnerable, I didn't mean Gwen. If I remember correctly, Norman had something bad happen at the time and HE was vulnerable and Gwen kind of took pity.

Oh, what was I thinking?! She wore leather boots...let's strap a scarlet "H' for "harlot" around her neck so there's no confusion. :p I agree to a certain extent...characters with flaws or moral dilemmas are often the most interesting...WHEN WRITTEN PROPERLY. This Gwen mess was just done for the shock value, that's it. It doesn't flesh out her character in anyway and the whole "instill hate in kids by confusing them about their parentage and blame their woes on your arch enemy" thing is also formulaic and lame. I think the most recent time I saw a variation of this was on the Angel series, but alas, I digress. And Geez, she slept with the old psycho out of pity? UGH. I think I was better off under the misconception that he took advantage of her vulnerability.

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Ahhh, almost afraid to say this, but it was the GREEN GOBLIN!!!!

Yes, believe it or not, as I posted earlier in this thread, Norman was behind this too!
He had...are you ready for this?...hired an actress to play May! It was the actress who died!!!
Norman had May captive ALL the time!!! Mooohaaaahaaaa

PLEASE tell me that you're just joking!

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
PLEASE tell me that you're just joking!

I wish I was pal...it's all true...

Relic Reaper
03-30-2005, 09:51 PM
I wish I was pal...it's all true...

Gah! I rest my case.

Primal
03-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Gah! I rest my case.
lol...funny...It's just too much with Osborn already. Like we needed more justification as to why he killed Gwen. The fact that he hated Peter wasnt enough.

Tony Coca
03-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey once JMS is out of ideas,we'll see the baby story come to life.

Primal
03-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I think they'll go back to the baby angle once the Spider-Girl comic is cancelled. They cant use it while that comic's still around...would contradict her origin.

Bartman256
03-30-2005, 11:33 PM
There is NO doubt in my mind that this whole baby storyline will be back one day.