PDA

View Full Version : slow drivers beware

hawkeyethearcher
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/left-lane-slowpokes-drive-you-crazy.aspx

IronFist
12-15-2008, 02:43 PM
A few states -- for instance, Kentucky, Maine Massachusetts and New Jersey -- permit use of the left lane only for passing or turning left.

An article obviously written by someone who's never driven in Massachusetts. :)

riderV3
12-15-2008, 02:57 PM
'bout time.

tedmic
12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I live in MA and there are plenty of bad and discourteous drivers. I do NOT agree that the left lane should ONLY be used for passing. Most roadways are so congested, we NEED the left lane to be used to keep traffic moving. If you are using the left lane though, please be doing 80 MPH or get to the center or right lanes!

oddball
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
I live in MA and there are plenty of bad and discourteous drivers. I do NOT agree that the left lane should ONLY be used for passing. Most roadways are so congested, we NEED the left lane to be used to keep traffic moving. If you are using the left lane though, please be doing 80 MPH or get to the center or right lanes!

yes yes, we need more people lingering in the left lane so people that wish to do the speed limit or more can be slowed down to everyone else's speed.

there should be only one question on the driver's exam and if you don't get it right, you can never drive again.

q: what lane is for slower traffic?
a: slower traffic KEEPS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collection King 13
12-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I hate slow drivers in the left lane... :banghead:

Vince-Vell
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I hate slow drivers in the left lane... :banghead:

Ya well tell your fellow NYs to GET THE HELL OUT OF IT ON THE PARKWAY!!!! :D

I swear going on the NJ parkway its always a NY driver doing 55 in the left lane. So slap some of your buddies for me!!!

NJ traffic always flows on the highway and its been a unwritten rule that the left lane is the fast lane (even if its called the passing lane). But the out of state drives are the ones who just cruise in it all the time, that gets dangerous. When ever i see a mac truck coming up my ass in the left lane i get the hell out of the way, but out of state drivers just sit there.....:sly2:

Collection King 13
12-15-2008, 03:35 PM
NY Drivers suck... So do NJ Drivers... as you get out of these congested areas it becomes better IMO... usually if I am driving in the fast lane through CT or South NJ and other lower states they see me coming in their rear view and move over.

oddball
12-15-2008, 04:07 PM
top three worst drivers in the U.S.

3- Michigan
2- Jersey
1- Florida

this is based on my personal experience on who refuses to keep right while going slow.

Ink
12-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I just tailgate their asses until they either a) speed up or b) I can go around them

CessnaDriver
12-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Should be different classes of licenses. Qualifications and testing to get high performance ratings, vehicles capable of performing.

High performance = priority use of fast lane 100-110 mph

Standard = rest of the lanes, speeds graduated down for each lane.

Limited = Seniors going a few blocks to get the groceries, limited freeway useage.

Something like that anways.

michaelt
12-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Tailgaters should be heavely fined!
Always!!!

riderV3
12-16-2008, 02:51 AM
I just tailgate their asses until they either a) speed up or b) I can go around them

You're looking for trouble by doing that, there's no saying when them slow@ss would hit the break for whatever reason and you'd be paying for the wreck.

The Watcher
12-16-2008, 04:03 AM
Wouldn’t it be great if someone invented a teleprompter for the rear window? That way, you could send slow drivers a message after you’ve passed them. Simply type the message into your console asking slow drivers to use the right lane.

The possibilities are endless.

The Watcher
12-16-2008, 06:36 AM
If the Big Three automakers were really innovative, they'd lobby for faster speed limits and then attach "cowcatchers" to the front of their trucks.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/41/87570533_4677acc849.jpg

http://www.andrewsraid.com/engines/gen_chick.jpg

This would have a dramatic affect on smaller, more environmentally friendly cars.

Ink
12-16-2008, 11:27 AM
You're looking for trouble by doing that, there's no saying when them slow@ss would hit the break for whatever reason and you'd be paying for the wreck.

I have very good brakes & I'm not too close for that :D

bomen
12-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Wouldn’t it be great if someone invented a teleprompter for the rear window? That way, you could send slow drivers a message after you’ve passed them. Simply type the message into your console asking slow drivers to use the right lane.

The possibilities are endless.

they make this as a license plate holder...comes with the red LED scroll across the bottom..you can store up to 20-30 or so messagesand use a remote in the car to select the message to display..

I've seen it at SkyMall I think..pretty neat....I told my son to use to meet chicks, lol!

bomen
12-16-2008, 01:31 PM
"I have very good brakes & I'm not too close for that :D

...Your Honor, so I'm not sure why the cave-in occurred after all."

:D