PDA

View Full Version : casey anthony's fate....you decide

oddball
12-20-2008, 10:07 AM
as you probably heard, the remains of caylee anthony have been positively identified. although there are few clues as to how she died, one BIG fact is the child had tape over her mouth. should prosecutors seek the death penalty now that this new evidence has come to light? you decide!

scott
12-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I'am for the chair,but I really feel bad for the grand parents having to go though this then maybe seeing Casey put to death too. It will really depend on the case in court when all is front and center. Then I will make my mind up.

tedmic
12-20-2008, 10:33 AM
What makes this story more horrible is the fact that Casey has CLEARLY been covering something up all this time. What kind of mother does this? I say fry her because if you give her life she will probably get out to start a new life OR she will get pregnant in prison and guess who will pay for that jailhouse spawn!

Ink
12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
life sentence

Endless Wake
12-20-2008, 11:35 AM
You'd have to be pretty messed up in the head to kill your own child, so life in prison seems the humane choice for a mentally sick person.

Mandragora
12-20-2008, 11:53 AM
i find it interesting that no one has brought up "why?"

with that other mother (susan??) who drowned her kids in her car a few years back there was all this talk of stress, post-pardom depression . etc

i'm just curious if there's any history of mental illness or anything

Mr.Fantastic
12-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Start warming up the seat for her.

Daredevil
12-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Give Frank Castle 10 minutes with her.

Barbarian
12-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Punch her directly in the butthole with malice until she dies.

oddball
12-20-2008, 01:07 PM

with malice? harsh! :buttrock:

Barbarian
12-20-2008, 01:08 PM
with malice? harsh! :buttrock:

With severe malice. A fitting punishment for the crime of murdering a young child.

oddball
12-20-2008, 01:12 PM
With severe malice. A fitting punishment for the crime of murdering a young child.

what i think is weird is 44 people viewed the thread and only 8 voted, even though there was an option that said abstain from posting an opinion. that means more than 5 times any other option, people would prefer not to even vote abstain than voice their opinion on the death penalty as justice for an abused and murdered child. any opinion would be better than abstaining to abstain. :confused:

Barbarian
12-20-2008, 01:27 PM
what i think is weird is 44 people viewed the thread and only 8 voted, even though there was an option that said abstain from posting an opinion. that means more than 5 times any other option, people would prefer not to even vote abstain than voice their opinion on the death penalty as justice for an abused and murdered child. any opinion would be better than abstaining to abstain. :confused:

:laugh: I couldn't agree more. Obviously, some folks just don't want to get involved at all. Personally, I can't possibly turn a blind eye to such a crime. Eye for an eye. Tooth for a tooth. She murdered a defenseless innocent, therefore should suffer the same consequence. In my mind, this could be the only justice.

Closetnerd
12-20-2008, 02:00 PM

How about the idea that some people just stopped by to read the thread and it's postings???:rolleyes2
Not everybody feels the need to "vote".

Also, isn't that the same as "abstaining" anyway?

rilynil
12-20-2008, 02:34 PM
You'd have to be pretty messed up in the head to kill your own child, so life in prison seems the humane choice for a mentally sick person.

I completely agree.

tedmic
12-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Adam Corrola was right. Most weird/bizarre stuff happens in either Germany or Florida!

Barbarian
12-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Adam Corrola was right. Most weird/bizarre stuff happens in either Germany or Florida!

:laugh: Zing!

cblakey1
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Fry her.

Teague
12-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Though I agree that it's obvious that Casey has been lying about something, I don't think we know what yet. She's obviously guilty of something, even if it's only allowing whatever happened to happen (bad enough, for a parent who should defend their kids until their dying breath, IMHO). But without facts in evidence yet, I don't think I can decide this yet.

That said, I'm not voting on this either, because I'm not "abstaining to abstain" so much as I'm not yet decided, which isn't an option.

The Watcher
12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
If she's guilty...the electric chair.

Tattoo-S
12-20-2008, 03:33 PM

I might be able to lend some insight here.....I have always had a strong oversion to polls. I don't really know why, I guess I kind of feel that there are always exceptions and nothing is every truely black/white. I suppose I just have an affliction for stating my opinion, needed or not. So to vote feels redundant to me. Anyhow, that being said I live in Oregon, where there is still a death penalty, and just in recent weeks, we have to deal with the Diane Downs (Parole hearing) so with that weighing heavily, the whole "child killer" thing is wearing thin. I can't say I really believe in capital punishment, but I can see how in certain circumstances it might seem very necessary. :( A feeling I don't like. I can say this, at the very least, she deserves Life in prison. Mental illness cannot be an easy thing to live with (especially if not diagnosed) but I just can't see it being the ultimate reason for every rediculous hurtful crime. 5 months, even those who suffer the disease have moments of clarity and understand right from wrong!

scott
12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I might be able to lend some insight here.....I have always had a strong oversion to polls. I don't really know why, I guess I kind of feel that there are always exceptions and nothing is every truely black/white. I suppose I just have an affliction for stating my opinion, needed or not. So to vote feels redundant to me. Anyhow, that being said I live in Oregon, where there is still a death penalty, and just in recent weeks, we have to deal with the Diane Downs (Parole hearing) so with that weighing heavily, the whole "child killer" thing is wearing thin. I can't say I really believe in capital punishment, but I can see how in certain circumstances it might seem very necessary. :( A feeling I don't like. I can say this, at the very least, she deserves Life in prison. Mental illness cannot be an easy thing to live with (especially if not diagnosed) but I just can't see it being the ultimate reason for every rediculous hurtful crime. 5 months, even those who suffer the disease have moments of clarity and understand right from wrong!

I don't think the Mental Illness works in this case, She knew what she did was wrong and tried to hide it. Casey had a sense of reason. I can only guess that she did not want the job of raising a child. I can see mental illness in people who drown their kids and don't hide it, but think they were doing the lords work.

scott
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Though I agree that it's obvious that Casey has been lying about something, I don't think we know what yet. She's obviously guilty of something, even if it's only allowing whatever happened to happen (bad enough, for a parent who should defend their kids until their dying breath, IMHO). But without facts in evidence yet, I don't think I can decide this yet.

That said, I'm not voting on this either, because I'm not "abstaining to abstain" so much as I'm not yet decided, which isn't an option.

That's what I meant, but not in so many well written words.

Davidian
12-20-2008, 05:42 PM

Yeah! I'd drink to that! lol

ansel39
12-20-2008, 05:47 PM
i find it interesting that no one has brought up "why?"

with that other mother (susan??) who drowned her kids in her car a few years back there was all this talk of stress, post-pardom depression . etc

i'm just curious if there's any history of mental illness or anything

Andrea Yates was her name. There was a serious problem with her that no one would acknowledge.

the florida BYatch just seems liek she wanted to be free frm the burden of asmall child

Mandragora
12-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Andrea Yates was her name. There was a serious problem with her that no one would acknowledge.

the florida BYatch just seems liek she wanted to be free frm the burden of asmall child

i don't know that one . .

the one i was thinking of was Susan Smith, the one that put the car in the lake with her two kids sleeping in the back

i can't believe how many of these women there are

ansel39
12-20-2008, 06:31 PM
i don't know that one . .

the one i was thinking of was Susan Smith, the one that put the car in the lake with her two kids sleeping in the back

i can't believe how many of these women there are

oh yeah i remember susan smith that was a long time back. she just wanted to be with her boyfriend who did not want kids.

Farrah Fawcett did a movie about the same thing called "the burning bed" she shot her 3 kids. and the prosecuter who tried her adopted the 2 who survived

Andrea yates drowned her 5 kids in the family tub. she had PPD since her 3rd child and did not get help.

Tattoo-X
12-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Good one.

I was thinking meat grinder turned on real slow.

rilynil
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought "The Burning Bed" was about an abusive man. She didn't killer her own kids, did she?

ansel39
12-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I thought "The Burning Bed" was about an abusive man. She didn't killer her own kids, did she?

you are correct sir it was called small sacrificies

Argonus
12-20-2008, 09:33 PM
as you probably heard, the remains of caylee anthony have been positively identified. although there are few clues as to how she died, one BIG fact is the child had tape over her mouth. should prosecutors seek the death penalty now that this new evidence has come to light? you decide!

Sh!t like this just makes me ill.

I hope she, or whoever the guilty parties are, enjoys burning in Hell.

I taught at the elementary level for almost a decade, I can't watch this stuff when it's on tv... none of us here on SF can, though, I'm sure. Just makes me ill that monsters like this exist.

J Storm
12-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Flip the switch & let her cook slowly :buttrock:

ANGRYCOMICMAN
12-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Even though I'm for capital punishment. I believe letting her rot in jail until she dies is more of a punishment for her.
Shes 23 years old, so she would have to be locked up for about 60 years. (Women live longer than men).
Was the night out wh0ring around worth it?

HalJordanFan
12-21-2008, 12:49 AM
I voted for the kill, but I want an option for torture before death.

twoferflinchin
12-21-2008, 06:08 AM
life sentence

So we can pay for her board & meals? No thanks. Tombstones keep track of these types much better than prison cells do, and they're a lot cheaper in the long run. Sorry, but we've gotten too soft when it comes to murderers in this country.

HalJordanFan
12-21-2008, 09:57 AM
So we can pay for her board & meals? No thanks. Tombstones keep track of these types much better than prison cells do, and they're a lot cheaper in the long run. Sorry, but we've gotten too soft when it comes to murderers in this country.

I 100% agree.:thumbs2:

The General
12-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Life in prison with no parole is better. Death penalty is too nice for people like this. That piece of !%&!%&!%&!%& needs to suffer.