PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to be quiet at the movies!

HalJordanFan
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.trentonian.com/articles/2008/12/27/news/doc4955ac5d68a7f936316388.txt

risingstar
12-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Now THAT's a movie fan!
A deranged one, of course.

protector2814
12-27-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm fine with this. He did ask them all several times, to please be quiet. Poor guy....just tryin' to enjoy his movie. :tounge:

Why can't people just be quiet during a movie!?

Alex655321
12-27-2008, 09:44 PM
For the record I can't stand people that make noise during the movie.

But this guy went a tad bit overboard.

BobbyW
12-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I enjoyed this persons response to the situation:

US MARINE CORPS wrote on Dec 27, 2008 1:15 PM:

" The answer is this…
I have spent the same amount of money for my ticket as you have. My ticket entitles me to see and HEAR the movie. Your screaming child is not what I paid for. Your incisive commentary is not what I came to hear. Your chirping communications is not what I came to hear. Your inappropriate inconsiderate behavior that interferes with the movie (I paid to see) is not appropriate. This is a movie theater experience we all paid to see and SHARE. Your price of admission does NOT make you part owner of this establishment! You WILL abide by the rules set forth. If by any chance or circumstance your ghetto or trailer trash azz cannot abide by these rules, be an adult and simply leave. The world is made up by many, not you and your inbred clan. We the majority came to see a movie, we as a group did not come here to SEE and HEAR your lack of upbringing and manners. If your child is being loud and disruptive, CORRECT his/her behavior immediately. If someone hushes you,
THINK ABOUT IT!
On the other hand, you bring a weapon into a public place and you are not an officer of the law, and I perceive your actions to endanger children and or a life, I will do my best to carry your soul to the next world. TWO wrongs a RIGHT does not make. Yup, that’s right; people like me are out there. People like us are coming home. If you are up to no good, stand the FK down! "

MONSTER
12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
People are too damn rude now. I hate going to the movies where people feel the need to comment loudly at everything, talk on their cell phones, text, etc.

This was a little extreme but I don't feel sorry for the guy that got shot. I feel bad for the guy that shot him.

MONSTER
12-27-2008, 10:03 PM

if it gets a few people to think twice before talking in a movie theater, then the guy did a good thing.

bat_collector
12-27-2008, 10:45 PM
People are too damn rude now. I hate going to the movies where people feel the need to comment loudly at everything, talk on their cell phones, text, etc.

This was a little extreme but I don't feel sorry for the guy that got shot. I feel bad for the guy that shot him.

Are you freaking serous?

I know its annoying to hear talk at a theater, but this guy is an obvious psycho who could have easily kill anyone for any little thing.

I feel sorry for the guys kid's who are no doubt traumatized by this experience. Would you want your kids to see you getting shot because they were too loud???? Under ANY circumstance????

Please put your self in the VICTIM'S shoes.

Primal
12-27-2008, 10:47 PM
This is why I hardly go to the movies anymore. Too many inconsiderate, downright rude and (as one responder stated) ghetto fabulous p.o.s. in this city.

I understand where the anger came from that lead to this.

bat_collector
12-27-2008, 10:47 PM
if it gets a few people to think twice before talking in a movie theater, then the guy did a good thing.

Since when did attempted murder become a good thing?????

Human life is worth more than that.

Daredevil
12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
two wrongs don't make a right

tedmic
12-27-2008, 11:46 PM

Typical liberal response. When there are no consequences to a persons actions they will behave as rude/ill mannered as they please. It is clearly the THEATERS responsibility to control the movie goers behaviors but they don't. You know why? Cause they are afraid of being sued. Bottom line, if you have no consideration for other people around you, I don't care if you get shot. The movie theater is NOT your living room!

patrickwm68
12-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I had a bad fight with a little noisy black woman when I went to see Unlawful Entry back in 1992.

She walked in 30 minutes into the movie with her 2 white male friends and sat right behind me. She must have had 100 friggin' keychains jingling all over the place and she wouldn't shut the hell up through the whole movie. She was talking about who she was dating and and her job. I finally had enough when she started to say what was going to happen next in the movie. I turned around and yelled in her face real loud "Would you shut the F**K UP!!!". Well she didn't, she started screaming back at me all kinds of 4 letter words and I'm screaming back at her. I remember someone yelling out "It's just a movie".

What really got me is other people around her were complaining too but no one would step up and say anything.

It was bad the ushers came into the theatre, there may have been a cop too.

Her 2 friends never said a word.

MONSTER
12-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Are you freaking serous?

I know its annoying to hear talk at a theater, but this guy is an obvious psycho who could have easily kill anyone for any little thing.

I feel sorry for the guys kid's who are no doubt traumatized by this experience. Would you want your kids to see you getting shot because they were too loud???? Under ANY circumstance????

Please put your self in the VICTIM'S shoes.

I'm sorry Michael but the problem with this country is that people show so little respect for others. Do I think its okay to go around shooting people? Of course not. I just think karma can be a SOB sometimes.

This guy learned a valuable lesson. There are crazy people out there that may shoot you if you are loud and obnoxious in a movie theater. Hopefully others learn from that as well.

I know I'm going to remember to turn my cell phone off the next time I go to the movies.:D

Collection King 13
12-28-2008, 02:34 AM

What she said...

bat_collector
12-28-2008, 04:20 AM
Typical liberal response. When there are no consequences to a persons actions they will behave as rude/ill mannered as they please. It is clearly the THEATERS responsibility to control the movie goers behaviors but they don't. You know why? Cause they are afraid of being sued. Bottom line, if you have no consideration for other people around you, I don't care if you get shot. The movie theater is NOT your living room!

Have you guys been reading too many Punisher comics and think somehow killing someone for extremely minor things (like talking in a movie theater) is somehow justified?

Attempted murder is NOT an appropriate response to rudeness.

bat_collector
12-28-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm sorry Michael but the problem with this country is that people show so little respect for others. Do I think its okay to go around shooting people? Of course not. I just think karma can be a SOB sometimes.

Exactly, when people start taking out guns and start shooting people for any small grievance, I think that's the epitome of DISRESPECT FOR OTHERS!

Not personal against you, but I can't believe people are being sympathetic to a guy who was probably not too far away from killing 20 people in a restaurant.

Argonus
12-28-2008, 07:12 AM
My wife took the cell phone of a guy sitting by her when he wouldn't stop texting on it... packed theater, so we couldn't move to other seats. He was told by us, other movie-goers and ushers to stop and he wouldn't, so she reached over and took it, turned it off, then gave it to the guy's date (?). :laugh:

I still remember that and it was years ago.. funny sh!t.

Although the morons had some sort of repercussions looming due to their behavior in the situation given in this thread, I think shooting a member of the guilty party is a bit much.

oddball
12-28-2008, 08:42 AM
know beforehand that people WILL be rude, WILL be loud and WILL be annoying. take that into consideration before purchasing your ticket. that's why i hardly ever see a movie in the theaters anymore. the experience is almost always ruined. if you find that someone is not 'observing silence' as suggested on the screen, report them to the theater manager and ask for a refund.

risingstar
12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
know beforehand that people WILL be rude, WILL be loud and WILL be annoying. take that into consideration before purchasing your ticket. that's why i hardly ever see a movie in the theaters anymore. the experience is almost always ruined. if you find that someone is not 'observing silence' as suggested on the screen, report them to the theater manager and ask for a refund.

Why do that when you have the option of being able to shoot people instead? And, as an extra added special bonus, you get to shoot people in front of their children. That way, you could make sure the next generation will learn to stay quiet in a theatre as well. After all, in some circles, your $10 movie ticket is worth far more than a human life.

I wonder what people believe would be an appropriate response to the newspaper boy who's late delivering the morning paper.

MONSTER
12-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Why do that when you have the option of being able to shoot people instead? And, as an extra added special bonus, you get to shoot people in front of their children. That way, you could make sure the next generation will learn to stay quiet in a theatre as well. After all, in some circles, your $10 movie ticket is worth far more than a human life.

I wonder what people believe would be an appropriate response to the newspaper boy who's late delivering the morning paper.

Funny you should mention that. I just got done pistol whipping mine this morning?;)

Do they still have paperboys? Mine is a 40 something year old guy that delivers the paper in his car.

MONSTER
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Have you guys been reading too many Punisher comics and think somehow killing someone for extremely minor things (like talking in a movie theater) is somehow justified?

Attempted murder is NOT an appropriate response to rudeness.

You know the Punisher doesn't kill people for minor things, right? He kills murders, rapists etc.

Exactly, when people start taking out guns and start shooting people for any small grievance, I think that's the epitome of DISRESPECT FOR OTHERS!

Not personal against you, but I can't believe people are being sympathetic to a guy who was probably not too far away from killing 20 people in a restaurant.

This is just a conversation between friends so nothing to worry about.

Again I don't think its right to go around shooting people. I just don't feel bad for the guy that got shot in the arm. Its a terrible thing and I'm glad he didn't get killed.

Again now we know are crazy people out there that will shoot you if you talk during a movie. So be careful. I know I will.

madjazz
12-28-2008, 01:16 PM
There is never an excuse to aim a weapon at an unarmed person.

That said, I'm sure the Father or the Son said something rude when asked to stop talking. Good karma never came from being rude.

MONSTER
12-28-2008, 01:18 PM
There is never an excuse to aim a weapon at an unarmed person.

That said, I'm sure the Father or the Son said something rude when asked to stop talking. Good karma never came from being rude.

Unless they break in your home. Just don't shoot them unless you feel your life or the life of your family is in danger.

JM28Cardiff
12-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Bravo! People who talk in cinemas are subhuman scum and should be hung from a lampost with piano wire.

Its my pet hate!

Black Cat
12-28-2008, 02:56 PM
any noise during a movie drives me crazy. I hate it more than anything and it does stop me from going a lot cause I know it's going to make me mad so this guy is my hero

MONSTER
12-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Bravo! People who talk in cinemas are subhuman scum and should be hung from a lampost with piano wire.

Its my pet hate!

any noise during a movie drives me crazy. I hate it more than anything and it does stop me from going a lot cause I know it's going to make me mad so this guy is my hero

All movies theaters should now post warnings saying that you may be shot if you are loud and obnoxious during the movie.

You don't want to get shot? Well shut the heck up so everyone can enjoy the movie.

madjazz
12-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Some of this is the fault of movie theatres. There are often times they should ask people to leave but don't.

JM28Cardiff
12-28-2008, 03:13 PM
People dont go to the cinema to watch films any more, they go to hang out. They dont even care whats on the screen.

A friend of mine went to see "Monster", because she thought, with a title like that, it must be a horror film!

madjazz
12-28-2008, 03:15 PM
People dont go to the cinema to watch films any more, they go to hang out. They dont even care whats on the screen.

A friend of mine went to see "Monster", because she thought, with a title like that, it must be a horror film!

That was the biography about the life and times of John Holmes, right?

:D

JM28Cardiff
12-28-2008, 03:39 PM
That was the biography about the life and times of John Holmes, right?

:D

Haha, as you know, it was that Aileen Wournos biopic. Point is, my friend just blundered in and picked a film based on its title, who does that!!

riderV3
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
If I don't get in trouble I'd totally shoot someone for being noisy in the theater...

Inconsiderate people fxxk around becasue they know nobody can do a sh!t about it.
This guy taugh them dumb mofo a lesson.

And yes his kids should know plenty now that when they grow up, they have to shut up in a movie.

Human life is overrated, no way it worth more than a movie ticket.

bat_collector
12-28-2008, 10:13 PM
I honestly think I want to vomit from some of these responses.

I guess if you guys were at a place where gunshots were being fired you wouldn't be scared for your lives or your kids lives.

Remember, if "human life is over-rated", then it would also include your own.

Sad, really really sad.

riderV3
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM

I guess if you guys were at a place where gunshots were being fired you wouldn't be scared for your lives or your kids lives.

Sad, really really sad.

we're not any better than the insects you step on and the experiment rats I kill, lives on this planet are the same none worth more than another.

Sorry to derail the topic, we can go back to the movie issue now.

HalJordanFan
12-28-2008, 11:35 PM

Sad, really really sad.

You seem like a reasonable guy, but as others have stated here. Respect and common courtesy have left the country. Sometimes it's little things that set poeple over the edge. I personally stopped going to the movies as I get a feeling of rage when a**holes talk, text, take calls etc...

endsongjen
12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
it bugs me even when i phone lights ups. omg. turn it off or silence it and put it away. geez.

we went to see benjamin button saturday, and these two stupid girls wouldnt shut up! ooohh,, ahhhs, and hehehehes thru the whole thing. then a conversation, "oh im gonna try that w my boyfriend" ugh!!!! hahaha he was upset thru the whole thing and finally told them to shut up. again they just giggled. but it worked :) :laugh:

TNovak
12-29-2008, 02:26 PM
OK I'm as big a gun rights guy as there is anywhere on this forum, anybody who read the Chuck Heston thread when he died knows this. I send my hard earned money to the NRA and support right to carry laws and oppose almost any regulation on lawful ownership of firearms.

That being said, it is more than "a little overreaction" to shoot a man for having a noisy kid in a theatre. It's not even the least bit debatable.

Sinatra VonDoom
12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't endorse shooting anyone, but common courtesy seems to be dead these days. People are so damn ignorant and rude, and anybody who dares call them on it is made out to be the bad guy. I have been on a full bus and politely asked a healthy young man if there was something wrong with him that kept him from giving up his seat to a VERY pregnant woman. People looked at me like I was an ogre and a bad guy, but never looked twice at this guy sitting in a seat clearly marked "please give up this seat for elderly or disabled."

That people just sit back and don't want to pass judgment on bad behavior just enables them. Some people are just naturally d-bags, but they wouldn't act on it if they knew they were going to be called out on it. I think we should get a certain number of justified ass-whoopings a year. I think people would be more considerate of others if they knew someone wouldn't go to jail for sorting them out.

Kingofthehill78
01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
OK I'm as big a gun rights guy as there is anywhere on this forum, anybody who read the Chuck Heston thread when he died knows this. I send my hard earned money to the NRA and support right to carry laws and oppose almost any regulation on lawful ownership of firearms.

That being said, it is more than "a little overreaction" to shoot a man for having a noisy kid in a theatre. It's not even the least bit debatable.

I agree I think it was "a little overreaction" to shoot someone over being loud in a theater...he should have just sprayed him with fox urine....:D

Black Cat
01-01-2009, 03:12 PM
ok the shooting is a bit a much but the guy needed to be dealt with along with that kid but not by shooting. I know what you mean by you get a sense of rage when you go to the movies now a days. I can't either cause I get the same feeling and it overcomes me the entire movie and I can't enjoy it at all. I on the other hand have no problem telling them to shut the hell up and please let some girl get mouthy back with me. See I'm getting angry now just thinking about it lol

Also, why do they have to sit right beside me or in front or back of me when the entire theater is open? We could be the only ones in there and whoever comes in sits right near us every time.

worldbreaker13
01-01-2009, 03:26 PM
ok the shooting is a bit a much but the guy needed to be dealt with along with that kid but not by shooting. I know what you mean by you get a sense of rage when you go to the movies now a days. I can't either cause I get the same feeling and it overcomes me the entire movie and I can't enjoy it at all. I on the other hand have no problem telling them to shut the hell up and please let some girl get mouthy back with me. See I'm getting angry now just thinking about it lol

Also, why do they have to sit right beside me or in front or back of me when the entire theater is open? We could be the only ones in there and whoever comes in sits right near us every time.

I'm just curious...........is there ever a cat fight at the movie? Or should I say a Black Cat fight.

Black Cat
01-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm just curious...........is there ever a cat fight at the movie? Or should I say a Black Cat fight.

usually they shut up and just giggle but there was one time I came close cause she would not shut the hell up or stop messing with her damn phone

worldbreaker13
01-01-2009, 03:37 PM
usually they shut up and just giggle but there was one time I came close cause she would not shut the hell up or stop messing with her damn phone

Whoa! You are getting all fired up all over again! Ok, the new years resolution is to lay off the caffeine. Or the cat nip!

SupermanReigns7
01-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Well, damn. :confused2

SupermanReigns7
01-01-2009, 04:32 PM
This is some really messed up sh!t. Like the world isn't bad enough that now we got moviegoers carrying weapons?? YES, people can be rude, YES people can be disruptive and whatnot, but you gotta be careful who you piss off. I remember some time ago I flipped off some f**khead in traffic and he put his window down yelling threats and tryin'a run me off the road. So I f**kin' laughed in his face and said "bring it on, f**ktard!". He drove off pissed as all hell. I, on the other hand, was scared sh!tless, thinking he'd taken down my plate #, drove home to get his gun, find me and kill my @$$. Thank God that wasn't the case. I haven't done anything crazy like that since. Now when I go to the movies, I wait til the last week just before they stop running it cuz NOBODY'S in there. EMPTY as Britney's head and QUIET like a cemetery. Nobody to worry about; no distractions. AND it's perfect for a date. :D :thumbs2: