PDA

View Full Version : Beedle The Bard - Collectors Edition

MACATTACK
01-01-2009, 07:50 AM
I was wondering if any of you managed to get a copy? Also what do you think of it?

I bought one on pre-order ages ago (for the Wife for Xmas) but after they completely sold at Amazon they were selling for big money on Ebay. Amazon then had a new supply of stock and I was able to buy another one for the original (£50) price while stocks lasted (which wasn't for long, about two days).

Now they've sold out again and Ebay prices are through the roof again. They seem to regularly sell for £100 +

Teague
01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
I was wondering if any of you managed to get a copy? Also what do you think of it?

I bought one on pre-order ages ago (for the Wife for Xmas) but after they completely sold at Amazon they were selling for silly money on Ebay. Amazon then had a new supply of stock and I was able to buy another one for the original (£50) price while stocks lasted (which wasn't for long, about two days).

Now they've sold out again and Ebay prices are through the roof again. They seem to regularly sell for £100. A U.S. seller just sold one for $207 / £141 and this chap has bigger plans!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360118600022&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:uk

I had one on pre-order, but my wife didn't want to shell out the money. Sigh.

Zurbaran1
01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I have one but, to be honest, I haven't even taken it out of the Amazon box yet.

Ink
01-05-2009, 04:36 PM
it's not a bad book...dumbledore's notes inbetween each story makes the book

blue_rogue
01-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I had it pre-ordered but ended up canceling. Decided to just go with the regular cheap version.

MONSTER
01-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I had it pre-ordered but ended up canceling. Decided to just go with the regular cheap version.

I did the same thing.

Ink
01-11-2009, 01:33 PM
I did the same thing.

same here...

MACATTACK
01-12-2009, 04:48 AM
I bought the regular version as well, but that was so I could read that and not risk damaging the Collectors Edition. Normally I don't buy into the idea of pricey special editions, but when I saw this I was blown away by its quality - it really is worth every penny!

I personally think the book is a modern day classic. It reminded me of some of the darker fairy tales such as Hansel & Gretel. I've never read Harry Potter so I'm not familiar with JK Rowlings writing style, but I got into this book really easily and didn't stop until I had finished it!

superdoug
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I just got the regular edition, and enjoyed it very much. I think it's the footnotes that really sell it, though. Without those, I doubt that the book would have the same impact. :)

Ink
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I bought the regular version as well, but that was so I could read that and not risk damaging the Collectors Edition. Normally I don't buy into the idea of pricey special editions, but when I saw this I was blown away by its quality - it really is worth every penny!

I personally think the book is a modern day classic. It reminded me of some of the darker fairy tales such as Hansel & Gretel. I've never read Harry Potter so I'm not familiar with JK Rowlings writing style, but I got into this book really easily and didn't stop until I had finished it!

hell...it's only 100 pages :laugh:

MACATTACK
01-13-2009, 04:12 AM
hell...it's only 100 pages :laugh:

Lol...I didn't think I was going to get into it as I thought it was going to be too childish...well, it was in a sense...but I thought it was great!

Darth Torment
01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I wanna get my mitts on this and give it a read..