PDA

View Full Version : Best Digital Camera for 300-400?

Darth Torment
01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Looking to buy a new digital camera in this price range (CDN dollars), and would like opinions for what is the best on the market for this price range.

One I am considering is the

Canon Powershot SD880 IS 10.0MP Digital Camera for $280.00. Anyone have thoughts on it?

Any help would be appreciated!

oddball
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Looking to buy a new digital camera in this price range (CDN dollars), and would like opinions for what is the best on the market for this price range.

One I am considering is the

Canon Powershot SD880 IS 10.0MP Digital Camera Anyone have thoughts on it?

Any help would be appreciated!

i just bought the canon powershot sd890 IS on the bay. $250 shipped with a bunch of extras. do an ebay search. some sellers don't ship out of the usa.

Zurbaran1
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I am a big fan of Canon cameras and have owned several, including Powershots, over the years. The SD880 is a great camera. You can't go wrong with that one. Have you looked at the Powershot G10? Unbelievable how much they were able to pack into a souped up P&S. It's close to a digital SLR but without the interchangeable lessons and much more compact. I gave my daughter a G10 for Christmas. She is loving it and taking some fantastic pictures. Don't know the price of the G10 in Canadian but I was able to get it for $400 US at B&H Photo. I think it is the best high-end P&S money can buy.

Batman29
01-06-2009, 03:15 AM
I am a big fan of Canon cameras and have owned several, including Powershots, over the years. The SD880 is a great camera. You can't go wrong with that one. Have you looked at the Powershot G10? Unbelievable how much they were able to pack into a souped up P&S. It's close to a digital SLR but without the interchangeable lessons and much more compact. I gave my daughter a G10 for Christmas. She is loving it and taking some fantastic pictures. Don't know the price of the G10 in Canadian but I was able to get it for $400 US at B&H Photo. I think it is the best high-end P&S money can buy.

Hey hear on Zurbaran words. I have owned many different cameras from Hassleblad to Nikon to Ricoh to Pentax to Canon. I teach photo sessions and present on digitial photography. In the digital market, IMO, Canon is the king, period. Nikon has made some big leaps to catch up finally, but Canon still has the edge. The Canon G10 is a high end point and shoot that is the best in it's class, espescially for the money. If you want better, you will have to go to the SLR, and Canon's amateur, low end one, is the Canon Rebel, which takes outstanding pics for this entry level.

Darth Torment
01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
I just picked up the
Canon SD870 IS 8.0MP Digital Camera

The only notable difference from the 880 I mentioned above is that it does not have an optical viewfinder, which is fine since i never use it on a digi cam.

I got it for 270 CDN all in and it comes with a free tripod..

Anyone have experience with cam in particular?

Thanks again for the input guys!