PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Dutch Photos

Xenomorph79
01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Due to Sideshow not posting photos of this figure on the site I figured I'd do this for everyones viewing. :D

Just click the pic for a larger view.

dr_teng
01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Sideshow hasn't posted photos because Hot Toys is changing up the head, aren't they?

Xenomorph79
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure what's going on with this one... If ya ask me I say the head sculpt is GREAT!!! :buttrock:

Goriilablak718
01-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah I heard something about the head sculpt not having exact likeness as dutch, so there're redoing it over....should be better I guess. Only time will tell :inquisiti

OuttaSight
01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I was on the fence because i wasnt too thrilled with the likeness...

Im REALLY excited to see the new head as I WANT to buy this.

krec99
01-23-2009, 10:59 PM
im waiting to see the new head too cant wait

verified
01-23-2009, 11:50 PM
There's another thread with all the photos discussing this here
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=82352
And HT removed the Arnold sculpt pics from all their distributors sites and their own site.
I think it's very likely that they were unable to attain the likeness rights to Arnold.

Trilogy
01-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Glad they revised the head sculpt, as it wasn't quite there. I'll be interested to see how they've improved it.

Xenomorph79
01-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Glad they revised the head sculpt, as it wasn't quite there. I'll be interested to see how they've improved it.

I think it was a great sculpt! I'm a bit concerned now with them wanting to redo it and all...

verified
01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I think it was a great sculpt! I'm a bit concerned now with them wanting to redo it and all...

I don't think they are redoing it at all.
They will probably just sculpt a generic face probably with faint likeness of arnie in there. I believe they don't have the rights to his likeness.

Trilogy
01-24-2009, 12:32 PM

It is a very good sculpt. I just feel the likeness is a little weak. Especially compared to some of their other portraits.

Trilogy
01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
They will probably just sculpt a generic face probably with faint likeness of arnie in there. I believe they don't have the rights to his likeness.

If it's not going to resemble Arnold at all, I see no point in producing one.

verified
01-24-2009, 12:56 PM

Lol
They did that once with the John Hurt likeness with one of the nostromo crew figures.

dr_teng
01-24-2009, 12:57 PM

They had fairly generic sculpts for some of the Aliens figures, they still sold out and they're quite in demand in the secondary market. Even if they can't get the likeness, they'll still sell out of him, it makes good business sense.

Besides, there's a really active custom market for 1/6th figures. Someone's bound to create a superb head.

Xenomorph79
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Lol
They did that once with the John Hurt likeness with one of the nostromo crew figures.

Which is EXACTLY why I didn't get one... :thumbsdow

jkno4u
01-24-2009, 02:18 PM

That's what I was thinking as well...

CessnaDriver
01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
well, I have one ordered, if the head is fouled up, I go looking for a custom head to swap.

Funny, the predators never get upset at their likeness being used. :P

Xenomorph79
01-24-2009, 05:45 PM
I get a feeling they wont have any issues with the head sculpt and getting the Arnold likeness. They're prob just getting logistics squared away. I'm sure it'll look just like the pics on post 1 of this thread! :D

Trilogy
01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Funny, the predators never get upset at their likeness being used. :P

They're very obliging when it comes to such things.

DeKind
01-24-2009, 07:17 PM

it seems like they dont want to pay royalties.

Kinda pathetic if you ask me as its a waste of talent.