PDA

View Full Version : Nightwing Year One TPB

wktf
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM
For those of you who read my reviews of this storyline, you know I was luke warm on it. That said, it's being collected as a trade for June. Fyi.

DC COLLECTS NIGHTWING YEAR ONE STORY IN JULY
Press Release

With the entire 6-part NIGHTWING: Year One story now sold out at DC Comics, DC announces that this hard-hitting tale will be collected in trade paperback in July.

The story, written by Chuck Dixon & Scott Beatty and illustrated by Scott McDaniel & Andy Owens, appeared twice monthly in NIGHTWING #101-106.

"Collaborating with my good friend Chuck Dixon is always an exciting ride, this time made even more thrilling with Scott McDaniel & Andy Owens rendering our story, " says Beatty. " Many thanks to the retailers for spreading the buzz about NIGHTWING: Year One and going above and beyond to see that their customers were able to find the issues. And much appreciation to the readers who were so supportive of this untold tale of **** Grayson's transition from Teen Wonder to adult crimefighter. "

" Scott and I have been very pleased with the fan response to all the Year Ones we've done, " Dixon says. " This sell-out is especially gratifying since it's a return to a title I've had a lot of success with in the past. Plus, I got teamed with Mr. McDaniel again, which is always a blast. "

Please note that individual issues still may be available at retail.

The 144-page NIGHTWING: YEAR ONE TP will be solicited in the May Previews (Volume XV #5).

Upcoming issues of NIGHTWING are available as follows:

* NIGHTWING #107 (FEB050254) features the debut of the new creative team of writer Devin Grayson and artists Phil Hester & Ande Park. It is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on April 13.

* NIGHTWING #108 (MAR050380) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 11.

NIGHTWING #109 (APR050316) is solicited in the April Previews (Volume XV #4) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 8.

bat_collector
04-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I loved this series. Yeah, it isn't batman year one, but it doesn't have to be. Great series!

kirthew
04-07-2005, 01:22 AM
I missed two issues... I think I might pick up the Tradepaperback... Instead of trying to find the issues on ebay...

Kirthew

JetBlackMac
04-07-2005, 01:39 AM
IMO Scott McDaniel is the best Nightwing artist EVER!!!!
Cant wait to get a sketch at the pittsburgh con. :buttrock:

Kdawg59
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM

I almost agree with you on that if it weren't for the run Greg Land had...:D

Still McDaniel rocked it out on #1 Robin...

rychehitman
04-09-2005, 12:37 AM

If I DONT go, can you get me one too?

spider-man
04-11-2005, 04:11 AM
I thought it was a pretty good series , it really put the timeline in perspective.

wktf
04-12-2005, 10:27 AM
For the life of me, I don't get the overly favorable reaction to this series. Per my review of the last issue, it just didn't do anything for me. No further exploration of the character or anything. Felt a bit like a throw away marketing event to cash in on the whole "Year One" sub-brand thing DC's got going.

Oh, well. Just IMHO.

Sam Wilson
04-12-2005, 10:30 AM
For the life of me, I don't get the overly favorable reaction to this series. Per my review of the last issue, it just didn't do anything for me. No further exploration of the character or anything. Felt a bit like a throw away marketing event to cash in on the whole "Year One" sub-brand thing DC's got going.

Oh, well. Just IMHO.

Umm, yup. The only cool type year one stuff going on right now is Catwoman, When in Rome. Batgirl Year one was aiight (few years ago, I think). Of course nothing will compart to Batman Year one, which wktf and I will be reviewing the new deluxe edition HC of this week (shameless plug, again).