PDA

View Full Version : Help To Fix Paint Scruff On SS Rogue?

demonhunter
02-15-2009, 08:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/paint_scruff.jpg

Hi guys,

I just got my SideShow Rogue yesterday. Everything looks okay, except for the paint scruff on her leg.

How should I go about fixing/touching it up?

Can I just get a bottle of Tamiya metallic paint or a tube of acrylic metallic paint and just brush it on?

Do I need to paint a 'sealer' paint over it?

Thanks.

moore_000
02-15-2009, 05:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/paint_scruff.jpg

Hi guys,

I just got my SideShow Rogue yesterday. Everything looks okay, except for the paint scruff on her leg.

How should I go about fixing/touching it up?

Can I just get a bottle of Tamiya metallic paint or a tube of acrylic metallic paint and just brush it on?

Do I need to paint a 'sealer' paint over it?

Thanks.

Your biggest challenge is color match. To see if the color matches, use a very small brush with very little paint on the paint scruff to test it out. I would test the acrylic paint first as it is easily removable with water right away if it is not working. Enamel paint tend not to leave brush strokes if use properly. Yes when it is done, you will need a clear paint sealer over it.

Vince-Vell
02-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Gonna be hard to patch that. Its painted in a chrome silver then clear coated in green.

Two ways you can touch it up but still wont come out perfect since this process is more or less one paint coat and then thats it.

1) Get tamiya clear green and touch up the areas. but if the silver under is gone too then you will need chrome silver from tamiya then clear green over it once dried. When the clear green hits the other clear green you will get a over lapping darker green. Clear coats are the hardest to touch up.

2) repaint the whole thing.

demonhunter
02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Thank you Moore and Vince.

I will try to match the colour as much as possible.

I think I was lucky the scruff was at the back of her leg, so, not so visible.

I can paint and illustrate on canvas and paper, but this will be the first time, I'm trying to paint a statue, albeit a very small part. I don't think repainting the whole statue is very viable for me at this moment. Getting someone else to do it is difficult too.

Thanks for the tips. I'll follow them and try to post the results later.