PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Iron Man mark II - A little annoyed with Sideshow

oddball
02-24-2009, 04:01 AM
sideshow once again strives for disappointment. their sideshow exclusive edition of the hot toys iron man mark II armor originally took a good while to sell out. the limit was two per order, so i got one for me and a friend. this was ordered quite some time ago.

i just got an e-mail canceling one of the two orders, giving no reason why sideshow decided to limit this exclusive back to the usual one per person.

if that was the case, i would have told my friend and he could have opened an account and ordered it. but now it's too late.

another SS FU moment. :thumbsdow thanks alot!!!

thx217
02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
SS shouldn't have done that. Please keep us posted.

Trilogy
02-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Sideshow should not simply decide to limit one per customer after sales have gone through. They had sufficient time to decide upon limitations prior to the product being available for preorder and should owner that decision.

Do you know of others whom ordered two and have also had an order cancelled, or are you an isolated case?

One assumes you've contacted Sideshow regards this matter.

caleyking
02-24-2009, 05:51 AM
I was humming and harring whether to order two exclusives, glad I didn't now as the disappointment would have irked me.

oddball
02-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Sideshow should not simply decide to limit one per customer after sales have gone through. They had sufficient time to decide upon limitations prior to the product being available for preorder and should owner that decision.

Do you know of others whom ordered two and have also had an order cancelled, or are you an isolated case?

One assumes you've contacted Sideshow regards this matter.

just got the e-mail. i don't know of any others that ordered two. maybe this thread will show more. i was thinking of calling them but i'm fairly sure they will fall back on their one exclusive per account policy. i was very surprised they allowed two per customer to begin with. if it was a mistake, an apology would have made a world of difference, instead of a cold cancellation e-mail.

Kujo
02-24-2009, 06:49 AM
I had 2 exclusive MkI's on order, but cancelled the second one myself... wonder if they would have done the same with that....

Bullseye
02-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Maybe it was simply a mistake by their webmaster. Contact Sideshow for an explanation and let them know you wanted the second one to flip.

oddball
02-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Maybe it was simply a mistake by their webmaster. Contact Sideshow for an explanation and let them know you wanted the second one to flip.

as i mentioned before. the second was for a friend without an account. but the fact that they canceled one from the order means they don't care what or who the second was for so me thinks i'd like to avoid an exercise in futility.

Bullseye
02-24-2009, 07:02 AM
The problem is that SS will not come on the boards and explain such actions. You really are better off ringing them and letting them know the second one was for a friend.

Trilogy
02-24-2009, 08:19 AM
just got the e-mail. i don't know of any others that ordered two. maybe this thread will show more. i was thinking of calling them but i'm fairly sure they will fall back on their one exclusive per account policy. i was very surprised they allowed two per customer to begin with. if it was a mistake, an apology would have made a world of difference, instead of a cold cancellation e-mail.

I have a feeling you'd be right, they will probably simply pass this off as their one "per customer policy".
If this was indeed a mistake and there should never have been the opportunity to order two, then an apology would have been the correct way to approach this.

F0RSAK3N
02-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Sideshow looks to be getting a little big for their britches lately. Maybe this economic downturn will bring them back to good customer service.

kingdomhearts
02-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I guess the demand for this piece is high. Sideshow wants every collector to have the piece I think.

Bowen Designs does it all the time. If you order more than 1 and the demand is high. Bowen will limit to one per person, so every collector can have the piece.

However, this is the first time ive heard from Sideshow

Parker
02-24-2009, 12:29 PM
So when this product was listed for pre-order, there was a limit of 2 per account. I ordered two (two different order numbers) and had it listed in my account for months. This morning, I get an order update notification that one of the orders is cancelled and for no reason. I know there are people on the waitlist but I feel like Sideshow should honor their initial listing.

oddball
02-24-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=85442

Parker
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=85442

Thanks oddball - I am in the same boat - did you try to contact them? I sent them a request online

I promised one for a friend as well - this really bites and I am incline to cancel more orders if they stick to this policy.

Trilogy
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
So it would appear this is not an isolated incident.
I hope someone gets an explanation from Sideshow as to why they have done this.

F0RSAK3N
02-24-2009, 01:47 PM
I am incline to cancel more orders if they stick to this policy.

This is exactly what I have done/am doing. Moving must haves over to corner store comics and cancelling the others.

Parker
02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
You know I can get the regular edition of many of their pieces for far less at retail guaranteed so I will cancell all my pre-order with them - I only regret I did not order Mark III with the retailer.

Sniper
02-24-2009, 02:11 PM
with sideshow making so many pieces and selling out on a consistent level they can go about doing what they do without any explainations, kinda sucks, sorry to hear about them squeezing you out ODDBALL.:thumbsdow

Nitefall
02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Disappointing to hear this oddball. Sounds like a slap in the face.:thumbsdow

Thank you for the information.:thumbs2:

Parker
02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I may not get my piece reinstated but this is NOT over!

oddball
02-24-2009, 04:48 PM
I may not get my piece reinstated but this is NOT over!

i found out a long time ago that sideshow is for sideshow, first and foremost. i don't like that the customer doesn't come first, but if you enjoy their products and their exclusives, there's not much you can do. my advice is to take a moment, sit back and decide if the exclusives they offer are worth the guff you sometimes have to deal with. if your answer is no, cancel away. you can always pick up the regular version from any one of dozens of retailers, lcs, or ebay. you'll most likely get them cheaper too. good luck.

Darth Pain
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry, about your friends luck.

Parker
02-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Update guys - it seems that Sideshow made a simple mistake.

Since I placed my order for 2 in two separate orders, the computer cancelled my second order - had I place both in one order there would have been no issue

I am told my order will reappear in 48 hours.

So far my Sideshow experience with customer service has been pretty decent