PDA

View Full Version : New art New Avengers + Spider-Woman

marvelboi77
04-10-2005, 04:43 PM
I went to the convention in Los Angeles today. David Finch was very nice, I was first in line and he did to sketches for me, while everyone else had to wait. Oh they were pissed....heeheehehee, David did the sketches for free. For all you New Avengers fans out there he is done penciling issue 5 but he is not done with issue 6 yet, oh O....I found out some interesting things about the comic but I promised not to tell, + I would not want to ruin it for anyone...

So here are the two sketches that David did for me + 3 New pages I bought.

Perna
04-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Nice pages and sketches marvelboi. Free Finch sketches, eh? Did you show some cleavage? :D

Daredevil
04-10-2005, 05:15 PM
He must know your name by now... the Spiderwoman nut

Bullseye
04-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Why don't these guys come here. MB seems to know all the right places to be.

marvelboi77
04-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Nice pages and sketches marvelboi. Free Finch sketches, eh? Did you show some cleavage? :D
Why yes I did he loved the twins...

grendelscott
04-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I went to the convention in Los Angeles today. David Finch was very nice, I was first in line and he did to sketches for me, while everyone else had to wait. Oh they were pissed....heeheehehee, David did the sketches for free. For all you New Avengers fans out there he is done penciling issue 5 but he is not done with issue 6 yet, oh O....I found out some interesting things about the comic but I promised not to tell, + I would not want to ruin it for anyone...

So here are the two sketches that David did for me + 3 New pages I bought.

Nice sketches...BTW what do you do for a living and are they hiring? LOL...I need your income so I can put $$$ to getting Turner art...

Perna
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Why yes I did he loved the twins...
Nice!

marvelboi77
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Nice sketches...BTW what do you do for a living and are they hiring? LOL...I need your income so I can put $$$ to getting Turner art...
I work for the U.S. Governement, so thank you all for your tax dollars....hahahaha...

I'm not always lucky, I talked to Finch today about getting the cover to New Avengers #7 but someone else alread is getting it.... That Spider-Woman cover belongs to me....

Tattoo-X
04-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Nice score! That head shot is sweet!

marvelboi77
04-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Thanks Tattox, I think the wings on the fullfigure look cool.

SirConor
04-10-2005, 11:31 PM
David Finch is quite a talent. He's easily one of my favorite artists in comics right now... I'd love to get a few of his pieces at some point, especially a Wolvie.

bat_collector
04-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I met finch in Dallas. A nice guy, too. I got a great batman sketch.

Pietro722
04-11-2005, 12:37 PM
I knew that was you Marvelboi! And Finch confirmed it when I finally got to the front of the line and had a chance to speak wih him!

Finch spent over a half hour with Marvelboi while everyone waited! Oh well I shouldn't complain because luckily I met up with a buddy in line and took cuts. I ended up being about 6th or so in the line So the wait wasn't horrible. Couldn't decide who to have him draw for myself but did have him sketch a Spiderwoman for another friend of mine who was busy chasing his 2 year old over the convention hall!

Congrats Marvelboi on your great sketches! My friend's sketch is very simliar to your headshot. How early did you get there to be first?

P.S. Finch told me you flashed him something but it wasn't the twins! :)

marvelboi77
04-11-2005, 05:30 PM
I knew that was you Marvelboi! And Finch confirmed it when I finally got to the front of the line and had a chance to speak wih him!

Finch spent over a half hour with Marvelboi while everyone waited! Oh well I shouldn't complain because luckily I met up with a buddy in line and took cuts. I ended up being about 6th or so in the line So the wait wasn't horrible. Couldn't decide who to have him draw for myself but did have him sketch a Spiderwoman for another friend of mine who was busy chasing his 2 year old over the convention hall!

Congrats Marvelboi on your great sketches! My friend's sketch is very simliar to your headshot. How early did you get there to be first?

P.S. Finch told me you flashed him something but it wasn't the twins! :)

That bastard told you where I work? Oh well that's something I don't want advertised on here, if you don't mind. Let's see I got there at 9:00AM. When the doors opened I went right upstairs to the line. I was up there by myself for about 30 min. When Finch got there they let two people in wheel chairs go in front of me. I was like you little *****es better not be getting sketches. I figured I was paying $2,400 for his original art from New Avengers 4 that I could ask for 2 sketches and spend quality time with him and he aggreed. The crowd had one of the convention people come up and ask if that was my 2nd sketch and David send yeah. The crowd was not happy with me.... heehee :)

bat_collector
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
That bastard told you where I work? Oh well that's something I don't want advertised on here, if you don't mind. Let's see I got there at 9:00AM. When the doors opened I went right upstairs to the line. I was up there by myself for about 30 min. When Finch got there they let two people in wheel chairs go in front of me. I was like you little *****es better not be getting sketches. I figured I was paying $2,400 for his original art from New Avengers 4 that I could ask for 2 sketches and spend quality time with him and he aggreed. The crowd had one of the convention people come up and ask if that was my 2nd sketch and David send yeah. The crowd was not happy with me.... heehee :)
Hey, you you spend over 2k on his original art and you deserve two sketches.

He does a great wonder woman too, marvelboi.

Tony Coca
04-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey Marvelboi saw the entire collection at comicartfans.Nice.

marvelboi77
04-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks.

marvelboi77
04-13-2005, 07:31 PM
3 more pages to look at, Spider-Woman #41 and New Avengers 3.

Tony Coca
04-13-2005, 07:36 PM
3 more pages to look at, Spider-Woman #41 and New Avengers 3.
thats Jessica.I taught that was the other girl in the story.

marvelboi77
04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Nope it's Spider-Woman

Tony Coca
04-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Nope it's Spider-Woman
same thing

marvelboi77
04-13-2005, 08:42 PM
same thing
I'm confused then, what the were you asking. You asked if that was her, so yes. What other girl in the story.

Tony Coca
04-13-2005, 08:45 PM
I'm confused then, what the were you asking. You asked if that was her, so yes. What other girl in the story.
Isnt there someone working with them female.

marvelboi77
04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
No in issue #4 there is a woman on the monitor, that's all.